• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Maybe I could try to help too?

I'll probably end up being really bad and finding stuff a jillion years after someone else, but hey! maybe I'll actually discover something huge!

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
As long as the data for Cloud gets compiled, it shouldn't matter if roles overlap since you can compare results.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I can't read frame data and also don't know how to get Clouds frame data. :p

We should make a list so we can have a team to develops Clouds meta game if people are willing to help and also we can put them into positions.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
We're too lazy, mate :troll:
Maybe we'll get someone like Angeal to whip you into shape, pup. :demon:

I can't read frame data and also don't know how to get Clouds frame data. :p

We should make a list so we can have a team to develops Clouds meta game if people are willing to help and also we can put them into positions.
Helpful links: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/106615/basic-frame-data-guide-for-newbies.

SNK's wiki, site, thing version: http://dreamcancel.com/2011/10/27/a-guide-to-frame-data/.

Random blogger's version: https://thirdpersonblog.wordpress.c...l-fighting-game-guide-how-to-read-frame-data/.

Any other Google search can net you results. One thing to note: Smash has this... obsession... with terms called "IASA" and "FAF". They basically mean the same thing and they're basically more convoluted versions of total frames. Total frames is just IASA or FAF plus 1 since other fighting game communities assume you know that the next frame after total frames and landing lag if that's applicable is when you're free to act.

@KuroganeHammer is the resident frame data guy. When Cloud is released, he should be able to gather data.
There's also Lavani, Shaya, Thinkaman, Tuen, BJN39, Indigo Jeans, and more that I'm missing.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I guess i will make the list of names tomorrow if that is OK. I have to go now.

Helpful links: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/106615/basic-frame-data-guide-for-newbies.

SNK's wiki, site, thing version: http://dreamcancel.com/2011/10/27/a-guide-to-frame-data/.

Random blogger's version: https://thirdpersonblog.wordpress.c...l-fighting-game-guide-how-to-read-frame-data/.

Any other Google search can net you results. One thing to note: Smash's this... obsession... with terms called "IASA" and "FAF". They basically mean the same thing and they're basically more convoluted versions of total frames. Total frames is just IASA or FAF plus 1 since other fighting game communities assume you know that the next frame after total frames and landing lag if that's applicable is when you're free to act.
Thank you for the links. I will also read these tomorrow.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Im going to update the thread. I think Im going to add Stages, and split moveset up into normals/specials/throws

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Why me? Can't you all... as a community, as SOLDIER, develop Cloud's metagame? :p

Why do you need a list anyway? Also, this rock remix of Final Fantasy VII's battle theme is AWESOME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC3VTQo8RPA.
Fine. I can make the list.

I can make guides and analyze combos and damage inputs.

Who ever has a capture device should take care of replays and tournament matches.
@KuroganeHammer is the resident frame data guy. When Cloud is released, he should be able to gather data.
It would not hurt to have more then one guy with the frame data calculations.

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
Not sure how much I can help, but if I find anything about Cloud regarding meta / tricks, then I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Ffamran Ffamran

You're forgetting the most important person of them all: Dantarion. The guy that reverse engineers patch data and gives it to us? Haha.

As for this meta thing, sure, put me down to help.

Oh, and one more thing

Thank you for the links. I will also read these tomorrow.
http://shoryuken.com/2014/07/07/lea...ng-games-with-our-free-beginners-guide-ebook/

I implore you (all of you, really) to read this handy little guide. Reading frame data will only get you so far if you don't know how to apply it. A lot of what's in here is in the context of Street Fighter or other such traditional 2D fighters, but this guide will show the overlap between the two, particularly where fundamentals are concerned. And don't worry about complexity---this guy did an excellent job of conveying this **** to the layman.

http://smashboards.com/threads/your-first-tournament-a-guide-to-making-the-most-of-it.216416/
http://smashboards.com/threads/a-guide-to-playing-smash-competitively.226635/
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-lab-standard-terms-list.227773/

SCOTU's bit of an OG imo. These are all excellent primers for getting into competitive Smash. The standard terms list is a bit dated, but despite that, Brawl and Smash 4 share a lot of the same mechanical similarities, so it's handy for just a quick idea of what some of the more technical jargonese bandied about is.

http://smashboards.com/threads/playing-to-learn.176650/

Playing to learn is probably my credo when playing games, as much as playing to win is. I picked it up specifically from this article that MookieRah wrote wayyyyy back when. It's some good stuff.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I will not contribute to furthering Cloud's meta-game in the slightest. Instead, I will just read and incorporate everyone's discoveries for my own gain. Muahaha!

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Maybe we could split up into
1st class, 2nd class, and 3rd class soldiers ;p
Hahaha, maybe 3rd class can find basic KO %s and damage output and combos, 2nd class can work on combos as well and move usage/properties, as well as matchup impressions, and 1st class can work specifically on matchups and techs and frame data, and whatever else.
Edit: 2nd and 1st can probably work together on stages too.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I'd like to contribute to character analysis, in terms of strategy/meta, matchups, and favorable stages.
Long-time StarCraft player, so analyzing imperfect balance is kinda my jam.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
As much as I'd love to contribute from the start with Cloud, on Saturday I leave for Australia and I'm gone for over a month (sister's getting married!), so any technology that I discover from the start will likely be found by the rest of you if Cloud is out next month.

That being said? I'll be going into the lab rather hard and should I break some serious ground I will share it. Sharing is caring, but being the best means to know your techniques and to know that your opponent has that understanding too. Because if your opponents know how something works? It's up to you to be able to go beyond that and make it work in your favor anyways. If I can win when my opponent is at their best, that's exactly what I want.

So yeah, I'll be sure to drop as much insight as I can when I come back. I'll catch up fast; don't worry.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I doubt I'll be much help on the cold, hard data with Cloud, but I'm pretty sure I'll be playing him and trying to start developing his strategy metagame. ATs aren't my strong suit, but as a Shulk player, finding the best options for each situation and developing strategies should hopefully come naturally. I'm especially interested in working with Limit Break... Who knows, maybe we'll get an equivalent to Shulk's MALLC using Limit Break?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I doubt I'll be much help on the cold, hard data with Cloud, but I'm pretty sure I'll be playing him and trying to start developing his strategy metagame. ATs aren't my strong suit, but as a Shulk player, finding the best options for each situation and developing strategies should hopefully come naturally. I'm especially interested in working with Limit Break... Who knows, maybe we'll get an equivalent to Shulk's MALLC using Limit Break?
MALLC?

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Monado Arts Landing Lag Cancel. It entails switching to a choice Monado Art at a certain point in a jump, thus activating it immediately after hitting the ground, thus cancelling all landing lag and giving a few frames of intangibility.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Notifications Tab is fired....

anyways forgot about this cool anime short for FFVII...I know some people here may not have played or are not that familiar with what goes on in FFVII's story so I recommend not watching this since it contains some major spoilers...watching makes me wish that they'd make a full fledged anime for FFVII though...
oh and Tifa<3

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Monado Arts Landing Lag Cancel. It entails switching to a choice Monado Art at a certain point in a jump, thus activating it immediately after hitting the ground, thus cancelling all landing lag and giving a few frames of intangibility.
Y'know. I could see something like that for Cloud...

Limit Break Landing Lag Cancel...or maybe Landing Break? :lol:

solidren

Smash Rookie
NNID
RenStrider580
Unfortunately I'm completely useless when it comes to this kind of stuff lol. If the 3 groups are SOLDIER, then I'm a Shinra guard patrolling Midgar lol.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
what the heck notifications. I thought we died again like we usually do for hours. Anyways you guys are my fellow soldiers. I already like most of ya. Were going to be true heroes out there.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Just playing as Cloud and telling us if you find anything interesting is help enough.

Me and BlueX BlueX will make a list of people who will contribute to developing Clouds meta.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
After what I just played on For Glory... I sure as heck hope Cloud is good against Wii Fit Trainer. That last patch really did a number, the frame data on WFT is just crazy. Especially considering that neither of my mains are known for speedy attacks... And when I switched to Greninja to try that, he already switched to Mewtwo. >.< M2 has some pretty nasty combos, too...

Sadly, considering the swordsman archetype, I doubt I'll get an answer to any of my worst MUs. :(

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal

That was beautiful. The tears me eyes cried. I'll be getting a PS4 soon to play it, unless I upgrade my PC.

Decisions...

As for my contribution, I'll assist in match up analysis, if that's still a position. My stalwart companion, Oliver the Corgi, shall assist me.

Top Bottom