• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
You're right on that last line Drakonis Drakonis

I still disagree with Aerith having strong development though. And I cared more about Yuffie than Tifa personally.
Maybe I just felt disappointed with how it ended up? I remember feeling really sore about it though, more than a decade ago. Maybe I should replay it and get a new perspective.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Vincent's story was pretty fleshed out... in Dirge of Cerberus.
Yeah, but it was also pretty stupid there.

Lifestream = Internet.

Suuuuuure.

There's a reason people like to ignore it.

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
That would be hype as ****.
I mean, they wanna get people while theyre hyped and imo its makes a lot of sense to present it the first week of December or at the most the second. That way there is time between the direct and christmas. Just think about all the money theyll rack in? I mean who knows what theyll do but I HIGHLY doubt theyll do the direct christmas week or after christmas.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I guessed that it was going to be released during or after the broadcast but it would make more sense if he was released a week before Christmas as they make a lot of money from hype and possibly just buying Smash 4 as a Christmas present just to play Cloud. :laugh:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
They are likely tweaking him as he looks finished by looking at the trailer.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Roy? Didn't Mew- oh, right, they released him as purchasable after.. right? (did they? I was never interested in M2 at all lol so I dunno) You're right, it was Roy. I was just going by release date. Silly me.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Are you talking about when Roy was leaked?

I was hyped for him when he was leaked a long with Ryu but i don't think that will happen again.

EDIT: I see what was happening now.

Last edited:

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
i figured the character bundles would be 4 and 4 per bundle with #1 and #2 i expect about 3 Character reveals in the upcoming Direct. That's still only speculation but i agree. "Roy, Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu" "?, ?, ? Cloud".

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
They will probably have a bundle for every smash character, including Cloud and the other content and DLC characters and stages. They may even release another copy of the game called Super smash bros for wii U and 3DS Special edition with all the DLC characters and stages and content already packed in the disk.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
What is the Mewtwo, Roy, Ryu situation?

I got confused by what we were talking about.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Roy? Didn't Mew- oh, right, they released him as purchasable after.. right? (did they? I was never interested in M2 at all lol so I dunno) You're right, it was Roy. I was just going by release date. Silly me.
You never bought Mewtwo? I'd feel my game was incomplete without all the dlc characters.

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
What is the Mewtwo, Roy, Ryu situation?

I got confused by what we were talking about.
Ryu, Roy and Lucas were all revealed together, and he is saying another 3 may be revealed in the final Smash Broadcast alongside Cloud's inclusion. I agree overall with the theory but it's all speculation.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ryu, Roy and Lucas were all revealed together, and he is saying another 3 may be revealed in the final Smash Broadcast alongside Cloud's inclusion. I agree overall with the theory but it's all speculation.
Umm... Lucas was revealed in like February and Roy and Ryu were revealed in June.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I see.

If there is more than once character chosen from the ballot then it might be possible that they could be revealed in the broadcast.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It's going to be really hard to resist a good Wii U deal with Smash + all DLC included... Although, the only DLC characters I really care about so far are Ryu and Cloud.

On the other hand, with the NX supposedly around the corner... I just don't know. I doubt there's going to be an NX Smash Bros. Although it is a console seller, I see it way more likely that instead of a brand new SSB, they include all DLC + an exclusive Newcomer and Veteran (Ice Climbers for example) with their stages, rather than a whole new game.

I guess it's all about whether I can wait a while longer, or not.

...BTW, digging out this image because it's still funny to me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's going to be really hard to resist a good Wii U deal with Smash + all DLC included... Although, the only DLC characters I really care about so far are Ryu and Cloud.

On the other hand, with the NX supposedly around the corner... I just don't know. I doubt there's going to be an NX Smash Bros. Although it is a console seller, I see it way more likely that instead of a brand new SSB, they include all DLC + an exclusive Newcomer and Veteran (Ice Climbers for example) with their stages, rather than a whole new game.

I guess it's all about whether I can wait a while longer, or not.

...BTW, digging out this image because it's still funny to me.

If the NX smash is just the wii u version with all the dlc plus the 3ds exclusive stages and 1+ new character/s I'd buy that.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I think it'll be Cloud plus another character like Wolf or something, two stages (Midgar and another), a bunch of Mii costumes I won't be purchasing, and them revealing who the ballot winner is, who will be part of the final DLC pack sometime in the Spring of 2016 or so.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I think it would be good for the games life span. More options is always better. On that note I predict we'll get Cloud with either Shovel Knight, Wolf, Snake, K.Rool, or Issac.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
All we can do is sit wait for the direct. but the hype is making impatient.
Agreed. When he comes out I'm just going to lab him literally all day and probably until my eyes fall out from being so blood shot....already got a word document saved up for everything. I aim to be the first guy to post a ton of his info and stuff.
qVGGGP4.png

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Agreed. When he comes out I'm just going to lab him literally all day and probably until my eyes fall out from being so blood shot....already got a word document saved up for everything. I aim to be the first guy to post a ton of his info and stuff.
View attachment 84640
I'll be happy to help. We can do mirrors while chatting over Skype or teamspeak.
I predict we'll get Cloud with either Shovel Knight, Wolf, Snake, K.Rool, or Issac.
I'm okay with all of these but Shovel Knight.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I'll be happy to help. We can do mirrors while chatting over Skype or teamspeak.

I'm okay with all of these but Shovel Knight.
Hahahahahaha yeah. I plan on figuring him out. I actually predict a lot of people will "say" they'll play him and quickly drop off. Tbh I think Clouds tournament player base will be pretty small. I may be wrong but as it stands I dont think he'll be played by a lot of people at tournament level.

Limit break looks so cool, I cant wait to lab him. I hope he can combo into LBsideB or LBdownB

I think Shovel Knight would be cool, but honestly Im ok with any of those. Tho I would like to see Snake come back.

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I predict Cloud coming out with Wolf and possibly Snake. I also think a completely new character is possible, but probably not the ballot character.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I still think Shovel Knight has insanely good chances. Call me crazy, but I think he'll get in eventually. I think were going to get 2 more char packs. 1 more to end of this year and 1 more during next year. So maybe 8 characters total including Cloud. Thats me being optimistic and hopeful tho.

I got Cloud so im happy. Shovel Knight, or Snake would be sweet icing on the already super tall vanilla cake with a side of warm chocolate chip cookies

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
All we can do is sit wait for the direct. but the hype is making impatient.
Right! I feel like I've re-watched the trailer every day since it dropped. I'm pleading for him to drop next week at this point.

I think it would be good for the games life span. More options is always better. On that note I predict we'll get Cloud with either Shovel Knight, Wolf, Snake, K.Rool, or Issac.
I'm cool with anyone as long as they're tournament viable characters. I'd prefer not to have Snake back because in a world where we can get Cloud and Ryu as third-party DLC characters, wouldn't a re-tread of an old third-party character be a bit disappointing?

For K. Rool, while he's immensely popular for whatever reason, I'd hate for him to be a Dedede or Bowser where he's a big, slow, heavy guy that only a fool would use competitively. As a competitive player, that'd just be a waste of a slot imo.

I don't really know much of anything about Shovel Knight, but it just seems like with the recent DLC releases, a lot of the more popular names being thrown out there seem "safe". No one voted Cloud because no one thought he'd have a chance to get in. That kida limited the most popular voting to Nintendo characters even if they're in all honesty not that popular... or returning characters from older games. So hopefully the ballot winner isn't someone "conservative", per say. I think I'd be a bit disappointed if, for instance, we get Ryu, then Cloud, then Master Chief, and the big finale is an outdated villain or sidekick in K. Rool or Dixie Kong or a niche Nintendo character like Shovel Knight or Shantae, or a re-tread like Snake and Wolf (even though I do want Wolf back).

But that's just my opinion. Overall, as long as the new characters are good, I'll be for the most part satisfied.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I think Shovel Knight would be a wonderful addition. I think too many ppl give him unwarranted hate. Plus IMO he kind of represents indie culture. Personally I want an MK character in the game actually ;3 but personally Shovel Knight and Snake are who I want most. The game feels naked without Snake.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Right! I feel like I've re-watched the trailer every day since it dropped. I'm pleading for him to drop next week at this point.

I'm cool with anyone as long as they're tournament viable characters. I'd prefer not to have Snake back because in a world where we can get Cloud and Ryu as third-party DLC characters, wouldn't a re-tread of an old third-party character be a bit disappointing?

For K. Rool, while he's immensely popular for whatever reason, I'd hate for him to be a Dedede or Bowser where he's a big, slow, heavy guy that only a fool would use competitively. As a competitive player, that'd just be a waste of a slot imo.

I don't really know much of anything about Shovel Knight, but it just seems like with the recent DLC releases, a lot of the more popular names being thrown out there seem "safe". No one voted Cloud because no one thought he'd have a chance to get in. That kida limited the most popular voting to Nintendo characters even if they're in all honesty not that popular... or returning characters from older games. So hopefully the ballot winner isn't someone "conservative", per say. I think I'd be a bit disappointed if, for instance, we get Ryu, then Cloud, then Master Chief, and the big finale is an outdated villain or sidekick in K. Rool or Dixie Kong or a niche Nintendo character like Shovel Knight or Shantae, or a re-tread like Snake and Wolf (even though I do want Wolf back).

But that's just my opinion. Overall, as long as the new characters are good, I'll be for the most part satisfied.
Not wanting someone in because they wouldn't be competitively viable is literally the dumbest reason to not want someone in. :happysheep:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The cold, hard truth is that this is probably the one time that Nintendo/Sakurai needs to not listen to the internet. No matter who gets in next, the ******** is going to be huge. And I say to them?

Hahah this character got in you salty ****.

Top Bottom