• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
Hey man look, you don't have to be so haughty about it. It was a simple joke. Nothing more, nothing less.

And anyway, We're playing a top tier-- and a very hated top tier at that. Expect all sorts of vulgar language much worse than that, and loud expletives to be thrown at you by the community at large. If you're going to have such a soft shell about things and get so outright offended by simple things like that, the FGC and moreover the smash community are not for you.
sigh
where to begin?...
First off I don't take anyone or anything on the internet seriously as I got better things to get upset over, so I don't take offense to anything people post especially if it doesn't pertain to me.

Also I was more surprised when you wrote this

How many times have you guys ran through FF7? and how many of you have never played the game and are only here because you're filthy, filthy tier whores?
I'm no mod, but I'm sure that saying things like "tier *****? or just *****" or any other kind of profanity or slurs is pretty much a red flag here, I'm no saint I curse a lot as well, but I was under the impression that these forums had some kind of auto-censoring system. Saying things like that would set someone else off and you could get a warning or infraction for that. But why would I care?

Did I come off as a bit abrasive? sure, but I don't take back what I said It wasn't funny and that statement made you seem rather ignorant. So for future reference don't assume things about me, I deal with negativity on a daily basis sort of my job and nothing anyone says online will ever matter to me.

Edit: look at that mine get censored interesting...

Last edited:

(Samn)

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3153-5057-8213
Wow I'm glad Cloud is as good as he is hes not Over Powered but hes not weak, I think he is the most Balanced Top Tier Character

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Not to disturb yall's very interesting talk, but HOLY ****. THIS MOD IS AMAZING. Ragnarok turns into the base Fusion Sword.
20160405155051_2.jpg

20160405034801_1.jpg

AND THE ULTIMA WEAPON IS THE FUSION SWORD. The Highwind becomes this abomination though
20160405153726_1.jpg

And guys, I think I trained a little too hard... I defeated Jenova in like 4 turns, and then this happened...

And then I realized that you can't play the game after you beat it, you have to start from where you last saved, which really is a horrible thing. 0/10

On the remake: We have to consider that this will be the story of the FFVII we know and love, but with extremely realistic visuals, and what appears to be a completely different camera angle, battle system, and possibly the removal of the world map (I can't really see this fitting at this point in time) and likely all the fun little mingames from the original. At least maybe they'll make this area actually do something. (this is supposedly where you could fight Test Zero in the Japan version, but it does nothing here)

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
For Glory Clouds are garbage

By the way we should compile like an actual list of gameplans in neutral when playing Cloud and like what moves condition the opponent so we can mix it up with other stuff. I got several ideas

Also, can I just say how amazing Shield canceling Jab, tilts, jump, and aerials out of Limit charge is so godly?

Perfect Pivot Ftilt forward I'm finding to be very neat at higher percents because it can kill around 110% on lightweights like Sheik or earlier with rage instead of dash attack since it sends them straight across rather than straight up in the case of dash attack.

That's with no DI. If they DI then it may take 120% for it to kill reliably (No rage) but that's still better than waiting until 150% or so just for dash attack.

Like Perfect pivot Ftilt alot more to by the ledge at higher percents because you can space it and not get punished compared to dash attack which is very punishable. Also, there's no weak hit of Ftilt so you can hit with the edge of it and it will kill whereas dash attack can fail on you with the weak hit

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't run into Clouds that much these days but when I do, I would beat them, especially in a ditto match.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Lol, the buttons should be (for For Glory Clouds):

1) Roll

2) Charge Limit
No it should be:

1) Dash attack

2) Roll

3) Down smash

4) Recover like an idiot and die

I've never once run into a For Glory Cloud that ever pressed the Down B button lmfao

D

Deleted member

I don't run into many Clouds on For Glory, but I stopped playing that mode period. There is no glory gained from For Glory.
I remember on the day of his release, I only encountered one really good Cloud.

They used to when he first dropped but that got them bopped so they stopped lol

ALSO TAILS HAS EQUIPPED THE BUSTER SWORD GET HYPE
Nice avatar! I guess this means Tails is a member of SOLDIER. :p

I've never once run into a For Glory Cloud that ever pressed the Down B button lmfao
How is that possible?
EDIT: Wait, are you saying that you once encountered a Cloud that never charged their Limit Break or no? I'm confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I don't run into many Clouds on For Glory, but I stopped playing that mode period. There is no glory gained from For Glory.
I remember on the day of his release, I only encountered one really good Cloud.

Nice avatar! I guess this means Tails is a member of SOLDIER. :p

How is that possible?
EDIT: Wait, are you saying that you once encountered a Cloud that never charged their Limit Break or no? I'm confused.
I have to agree, but lately I've decided that FG is better than computers for practice in between tournaments.

What I'm saying is that while I've run into decent Clouds on FG before, I also run into Clouds that never manually charge Limit via down b. When they do get it, though, they'll just do Finishing Touch at like 20. I ra into one once that decided to recover high. I jumped out toward him with a fair. He up b'd and the first hit of it traded with the fair meteor. He proceeded to kill himself next stock. Probs dropped Cloud for being garbage tier. I run into a lot less of these nowadays though.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
The only problem I've had on FG is the minimal lag which is actually REALLY annoying when you can't auto win neutral against chars like Link because you can't powershield.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Whenever I go on the Replay Channel, I still see some Cloud players who just don't conserve Limit Break. You really can't afford to have any of your Limit Break boosted attacks whiff, since it takes a while to refill the Limit gauge, and considering how poor Cloud's recovery is without Limit Break, that's another thing to be aware of when you're damaged enough to be sent flying off-stage.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Whenever I go on the Replay Channel, I still see some Cloud players who just don't conserve Limit Break. You really can't afford to have any of your Limit Break boosted attacks whiff, since it takes a while to refill the Limit gauge, and considering how poor Cloud's recovery is without Limit Break, that's another thing to be aware of when you're damaged enough to be sent flying off-stage.
Replay channel pls

Speaking of replays, anybody know if there's like a reddit thread or something where you can send your 3DS replays to get them uploaded? Or where I can get a good capture card for 3DS?

D

Deleted member

I also run into Clouds that never manually charge Limit via down b. When they do get it, though, they'll just do Finishing Touch at like 20. I ra into one once that decided to recover high. I jumped out toward him with a fair. He up b'd and the first hit of it traded with the fair meteor. He proceeded to kill himself next stock. Probs dropped Cloud for being garbage tier. I run into a lot less of these nowadays though.
People who play Cloud like that don't deserve to play Cloud.

**** For Glory, that is all.
I'm gonna go with ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ on this one. **** For Glory.
I agree with both of you on this.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's better than nothing, no?
Hell no. It's better to play with friends you can trust than to waste time playing an online mode filled with trash everywhere. Only good thing about it, though, is playing against respectable players who knows how to have fun.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Well alright then... I guess 3DS FG is a looooot less toxic than Wii U FG. What are some of yall's worst FG experiences?
People who play Cloud like that don't deserve to play Cloud.
Exactly. I get super mad whenever I have to body people like this. Like, if you're gonna do that, just pick LM

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I tend to find that Finishing Touch isn't rewarding enough to use in most cases, since it can be blocked, and only deals 1% damage for a high knockback attack. If anything, I look more towards Cross Slash for a potential finisher, but I do tend to play the opportunist game with it while in Limit Break mode. Alternatively, Cloud's smash attacks can always make a KO while keeping Limit Break in tact.

Basically, I just try to be very conservative with the specials while in Limit Break mode, unless an opportunity rises to be using any of Cloud's special moves.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
FG is garbage. Mostly cuz the stage list. FF dubs especially with a friend is far better. It's time with team attack off and there are items but you actually get to fight on platform stages and people are willing to fight unlike normal FF.

Online modes in general suck unless you find someone good and add them for personal matches later.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well alright then... I guess 3DS FG is a looooot less toxic than Wii U FG. What are some of yall's worst FG experiences?
3DS For Glory is still garbage but it is, of course, less of a ****hole than on the Wii U.
And as for my worst For Glory experience? Probably getting my ass 2-stocked in under a minute.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I dislike online overall because of input lag. Nothing more frustrating when it feels like you're not in control
That's pretty much why I've stopped doing any online matches. I can't play efficiently whenever input lag occurs.

What does tend to be baffling though, is that in Mario Kart 8, there's no input lag with its online features, but lag affects the placements of your opponents.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
That's pretty much why I've stopped doing any online matches. I can't play efficiently whenever input lag occurs.

What does tend to be baffling though, is that in Mario Kart 8, there's no input lag with its online features, but lag affects the placements of your opponents.
That's because MK8's online is different from SMashes. Smashes is inherently P2P and requires precision. MK8 doesnt and its not really P2P.

It's not really that baffling. MK8 you're just playing locally on your own console and your actions and location is sent to Nintendo and relayed to everyone else.

Smash, info is being sent directly to the particpating parties.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
3DS For Glory is still garbage but it is, of course, less of a ****hole than on the Wii U.
And as for my worst For Glory experience? Probably getting my *** 2-stocked in under a minute.
Tbh every time I'm on 3DS FG I either run into good players willing to fight/mess around or really bad players. I've always seen FG as a cancerous place, but I'm starting to retract that. Best when you run into somebody with a good connection who is able to predict you.
I tend to find that Finishing Touch isn't rewarding enough to use in most cases, since it can be blocked, and only deals 1% damage for a high knockback attack. If anything, I look more towards Cross Slash for a potential finisher, but I do tend to play the opportunist game with it while in Limit Break mode. Alternatively, Cloud's smash attacks can always make a KO while keeping Limit Break in tact.

Basically, I just try to be very conservative with the specials while in Limit Break mode, unless an opportunity rises to be using any of Cloud's special moves.
Sorry to be snarky, but as Cloud mains, we all know this, don't we?
Finishing Touch's knockback values are off the ****in charts lol. 60 BKB, 417 KBG lmao

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Man you guys dont know how good it feels to start using limit cloud again after like a month of keeping him sealed away in a dungeon.

I feel liberated and more more appreciative of Limit Break now.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
What are some of yall's worst FG experiences?
To make it easier on you, I'm just going to list some of the good things about it, mainly because I'm not going to beat what's left of the dead horse.

Let's see... there's the good players and good sports.

Yep, that pretty much covers it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have to say...
Cloud is one of the best things that has ever happened to me in Smash.
There were characters that clicked with me before, but Cloud clicks with me the most. I also feel like Cloud has improved my play in Smash significantly. Before, didn't understand the fundamentals very well and didn't improve as a result. With Cloud, I feel like I understand Smash more and, as I improved with Cloud, I feel like I was improving at playing the game.
So I have to say again, thank you Sakurai for putting in this mind-blowing inclusion! I never thought I'd see the day, indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
No, all the credit should go to Nomura for allowing Sakurai to put Cloud in Sm4sh. If not for him, none of this would've been possible and I wouldn't be playing Final Fantasy VII now.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
All of you rejoicing over Cloud being in Smash and while I enjoy him and still tri-main him, he's easily my least used of the 3, largely just because how good he is. When I'm 1v1ing with my cousin and I get uair after uair including reading his airdodges, I can't help but feel somewhat dirty. There are so many characters that can't do a thing about it except hope to airdodge through it. It's at least better than Sheik and her fair chains or MK and his old ladder but still. Along with getting Limit and required one simple read to land Cross Slash to take a stock.

I think I'm too used to mid tiers :ganondorfmelee::wolf:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I have to say...
Cloud is one of the best things that has ever happened to me in Smash.
There were characters that clicked with me before, but Cloud clicks with me the most. I also feel like Cloud has improved my play in Smash significantly. Before, didn't understand the fundamentals very well and didn't improve as a result. With Cloud, I feel like I understand Smash more and, as I improved with Cloud, I feel like I was improving at playing the game.
So I have to say again, thank you Sakurai for putting in this mind-blowing inclusion! I never thought I'd see the day, indeed.
I was just thinking this. Thank whatever being that decided to put Cloud in Smash. Without this, I would have never played FFVII or even made a Smashboards account and got to meet you guys.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I know this doesn't have anything to do with Smash, but has anyone here played any of the Dissidia games? I've been watching gameplay videos, and it may be just me, but it does look pretty fun, except for Vaan. And it appears to me at least Cloud's Omnislash actually looks more powerful in Smash than in Dissidia

Top Bottom