• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Best Cloud reaction. Everything after the 6 minute mark is gold.

(Language Warning)

Last edited:

Project Crysis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cryis45
3DS FC
1521-5275-7397
Hopefully we get Cloud in December when we are suppose to get the special announcement. Looking forward to hitting everyone with the Finishing Touch.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I am going to assume that Cloud will be released during the broadcast.

Project Crysis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cryis45
3DS FC
1521-5275-7397
Maybe Similar to Roy, Ryu, And Lucas. Sakurai wants us to shove out money on the spot no if ands or butts lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I defiantly think we're getting a Luroyu release in December. I'm having a hard time not seeing that as a possibility when Cloud is shown to be pretty much complete and that come December, it would be officially 6 months since the reveal of Luroyu which would mean that Sakurai would have had ample time to make 3 characters (4 if we're lucky).

Project Crysis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cryis45
3DS FC
1521-5275-7397
Lol I'm not gonna lie I think I spent possibly 4 mins reading Luroyu trying to figure out if that was a typo or slang.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Just a reminder guys, but every newcomer of smash 4 gets a Poster/Artwork from the companie/studio that owns it.

Cloud will get one as well, so take your guesses, Tetsuya nomura or Yoshi taka Amano? While Nomura was the logical choice, by being the lead artist of Final Fantasy VII, an Amano artwork would be a cool throwback to the original artstyle of the franquise (If only we could get 2 posters, :S)

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I would personally prefer Nomura, but Amano has a VERY distinct style that would set it apart from the others, so I think either would work.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Lol I'm not gonna lie I think I spent possibly 4 mins reading Luroyu trying to figure out if that was a typo or slang.
I might be one of the few SB users to use that term lol. I think I might have saw it used on another site but I thought of it myself.

Unrelated but I would kill to have this theme song play in the Midgar stage.

Can you imagine playing this theme in the main menu? That would be friggin surreal! Something I wanted since I was a kid.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
First and foremost, there are a few requisite FFVII themes that I believe should get priority over other other FFs:
1. THE Final Fantasy VII battle theme, "Those Who Fight." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_EctHjsR4
2. The Boss Theme of FF&, "Still More Fighting," AKA "Those Who Fight Further." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCXs-Gpld_8
3. "J-E-N-O-V-A." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ijjuvQMW8
4. And, of course, "One-Winged Angel." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU
I'd prefer newer/remixed versions of some of these, but AT LEAST these four HAVE to make it, in some rendition or another.

My two gil, at least.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Gene Gene

Whenever I see Zidane, I wanna punch him in his smiling mug. :x

...but IX is well-loved by the larger community that I know of. Dunno why it doesn't get much love (with exception from punks like myself, of course).

Smooth Criminal

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
First and foremost, there are a few requisite FFVII themes that I believe should get priority over other other FFs:
1. THE Final Fantasy VII battle theme, "Those Who Fight." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_EctHjsR4
2. The Boss Theme of FF&, "Still More Fighting," AKA "Those Who Fight Further." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCXs-Gpld_8
3. "J-E-N-O-V-A." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ijjuvQMW8
4. And, of course, "One-Winged Angel." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU
I'd prefer newer/remixed versions of some of these, but AT LEAST these four HAVE to make it, in some rendition or another.

My two gil, at least.
Dude! Otherworld has to make it in this game! IT MUST!!! OTHERWISE THE SMASH COMMUNITY WILL FEEL MY WRATH!!!

Well not really but I really want it in. Ryu's stage only had 6 themes though I think Cloud's could warrant a little more. All FF7 needs is 3 themes, Those Who Fight, Those Who Fight Further, and One Winged Angel.

1. Final Fantasy Prelude (All FF themes)
2. Those Who Fight (FF7)
3. Those Who Fight Further (FF7)
4. One Winged Angel (FF7)
5. Decisive Battle (FF6)
6. Force Your Way (FF8)
7. VS Kuja (FF9)
8. Otherworld (FF10)

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I'm pretty sure there isn't gonna be a theme outside VII other than the series main theme, but......

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Well you must be fun at parties.

Don't let post-FFVII Compilation Cloud rub off on you TOO much...
Sorry, I just find most of these reaction videos cringe-worthy at best. Maybe I do need to lighten up a tad.
Oh, and you might wanna post a NSFW warning on that.
I'm pretty sure there isn't gonna be a theme outside VII other than the series main theme, but......
51328-This-post-I-like-it-Another-Th-Pv2T GIF.gif

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
FF8 music was pretty good. FF7 definitely had the best music out of all of them. There's not one piece in the game that you really can't recall. Even the overworld music was incredible. They should at least have one updated song from FF7. Like the boss theme but with a modern take.

FF15 has some extremely epic music too though. If you played the demo, you know what i mean. That boss music is on a One-winged Angel kind of level. Can't imagine what will be the final boss music in that game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't care much for music from the vanilla FFVII, though that's probably what it will be and they will keep everything FFVII related.

However, the KH 2.5HD version of One Winged Angel would be amazing (and it's possible since Yoko Shimomura has songs in Smash already). I love Crisis Core so I would love The Price of Freedom and SOLDIER Battle from that game. Also, A Date With Fate from KH: BBS would also be great.

Those are all pretty unlikely though.

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
On one hand, Black Mage would be a more interesting character to play as
On the other hand, Black Mage isn't THE JRPG character

psstt...You can't barge in forums to post stuff like this. It'll get you warnings or infractions. Besides, who says I can't play Ike AND Cloud?
I actually want a mii magician.

Mii gunner is eh...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Let's be honest, Link is jealous of everyone's attacks.
You'd be too when you realize all you have is a Spin Attack and Mr. Man here can summon a boulder and beat you up with it before throwing it at you.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
You'd be too when you realize all you have is a Spin Attack and Mr. Man here can summon a boulder and beat you up with it before throwing it at you.
Im pretty sure that combo alone would diminish all of Link's hearts... luckily he's got that shield....

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So, just a quick question, seeing as I'm not at all familiar with Final Fantasy... (Yes, I'm that guy)
Why does Cloud float when he dashes? Is that just a thing that he does, or... I dunno, it just seems unusual to me. Does it originate from anything in particular, is what I'm asking, I suppose. :p

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Just a reminder guys, but every newcomer of smash 4 gets a Poster/Artwork from the companie/studio that owns it.

Cloud will get one as well, so take your guesses, Tetsuya nomura or Yoshi taka Amano? While Nomura was the logical choice, by being the lead artist of Final Fantasy VII, an Amano artwork would be a cool throwback to the original artstyle of the franquise (If only we could get 2 posters, :S)
I would genuinely like to see what an Amano poster with Cloud and the other 3rd-parties + Mario would look like, since to my knowledge Amano never did any artwork for VII.

I'd also like to see a Dissidia-styled Nomura portrait picture for a majority of the Smash Bros cast (At least Shulk, Ike, and Link, throw in Sheik, Mario, and Samus if you want too).

You know what I really want more than anything, though? A logo-styled picture.

You know, how each FF game has the logo in the background behind the name (like VII has Meteor, XIII has the crystalized Cocoon, XII has Judge Gabranth, etc.)?

I genuinely want to see a Smash Bros. Final Fantasy Logo in the background of whatever and whoever is in the picture with Cloud. That would be amazing and would make my day.

So, just a quick question, seeing as I'm not at all familiar with Final Fantasy... (Yes, I'm that guy)
Why does Cloud float when he dashes? Is that just a thing that he does, or... I dunno, it just seems unusual to me. Does it originate from anything in particular, is what I'm asking, I suppose. :p
It's mainly a reference to Dissidia, it seems. Every character dashs like that when they are in the air and that seems to be what Sakurai's referencing.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Exciting! I never played Final Fantasy or had a reason to pay much attention to it, so terms like "Limit Break" and "Advent Children" are kinda new to me.

When I saw Cloud, I was like "Oh, woah, really? Cool!" but more excited for y'all since Cloud has been a far-off dream for so long for so, so many! So congrats!

Guess I wanted to drop by, say hi, get in on the hype, cause initial reaction was "Cool, Cloud looks really neat, it'll be fun to fight him, he's just not for me" but now, just because I realized his F-Air spikes, I'm kinda interested more~ I don't think I'll main him of course, but I'd love to try him out and see how far I'll go with him.

Also! ...ahh... I mean... Well to be honest, and am I alone here, but Cloud is pretty edgey, right? Like, tryna be cool? But he actually is cool somehow! His Advent Children costume even, like what, half a jacket? This is tryin too hard to be cool so much so that it isn't... but... I honestly really do love that outfit haha, I dunno, he just doesn't have that "trying too hard" vibe that characters like Dark Pit or Shadow the Hedgehog (pffft) do! Cloud's actually cool to me! And Im ganna use that edgey Advent Children alt as much as I can haha

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Welcome aboard, Sonsa Sonsa !
And yes, Cloud is kind of edgy, but do realise his game released in '97. Also, his Advent Children gear is mostly his old garb with a few additions. The sleeve in particular is [SPOILER ALERT] there to mask the serious illness he's contracted in the movie. He gets better though, so don't worry.

Last edited:

Project Crysis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cryis45
3DS FC
1521-5275-7397
It would be amazing if the Midgar stage had this song
It would be the only song play forever it's not gonna have it though :(

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Smashwiki says Cloud is voiced by someone named Takahiro Sakurai. I want him here to be called "Other Sakurai" to distinguish him from THE Masahiro Sakurai.

I hope you guys know some trivia about Other Sakurai!

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Gad, I hated playing against Jecht. Most rage-inducing character in the game. Him or Zidane.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Smashwiki says Cloud is voiced by someone named Takahiro Sakurai. I want him here to be called "Other Sakurai" to distinguish him from THE Masahiro Sakurai.

I hope you guys know some trivia about Other Sakurai!
His name is two letters off from Masahiro Sakurai, the creator, director, and development lead of the Super Smash Bros. series.

That's all I got haha.

Project Crysis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cryis45
3DS FC
1521-5275-7397
Gad, I hated playing against Jecht. Most rage-inducing character in the game. Him or Zidane.
I know the feels Zidane can combo into hp atks so he touches you once and you might just die. I feel like Cloud hits like an ice cream truck, also am I the only one that's sad because Cloud doesn't have Firaga.

Top Bottom