• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U 716 Trophies in Wii U version

D

Deleted member

As confirmed by The Completionist.

Frankly, I am awful disappointed in this number. No, I wasn't wanting, like, 1,500 trophies, but at least something closer to 1,000 would have been preferred due to this version focusing more on console-based characters than portable-based ones.

This is probably going to be used by people who will argue that there should not have been a 3DS version.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I could have sworn it was over 900.

I wish I didn't know the number. These things are spoilers to me. I like having hopes.

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
Although trophies are awesome, it must have been a TON of work making all of these.
You gotta wonder, if they skipped the trophies what could they have put that effort towards? Maybe we could have had another character or two. But, we got what we got, I'm not complaining.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'm just slightly disappointed that not every trophy has a case for me to throw it in. But still, that's a ton of trophies to work for, and I don't feel like there's any lack of content there.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Yeah, this is almost twice the number that Melee had. As long as there aren't 150 trophies from Kid Icarus I think this is a good number. They simply can't include everything that every person might conceivably want as a trophy.

Vash_VisionZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vash_VisionZ
3DS FC
4596-9838-7829
People that argue there should not have been a 3DS version would hold that stance regardless of the number of trophies. If the wii u had drastically more, you would just hear "Doesn't matter, trophies are irrelevant".

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
At least I now have an idea on when I can eventually stop going to the trophy shop.
Yeah, and actually it is easy to get lots of coins on the Wii U versions by just playing with your friends and family for hours of matches. Back at Brawl after days of just playing Brawl with my two brothers, we've got to 9999 coins already. Of course coins were quite useless in Brawl. Now I really think trophie shop is the most efficient way to get trophies, unlike Melee's lottery and Brawls coin launcher, all needs luck and time.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Has it been said how to get the alt costume trophies? I can't for the life of me think of it
You buy them in the trophy shop, but I think you have to beat Classic Mode as that character for them to have a chance of appearing.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
And I bet there're only like 6 from Fire Emblem and 200 from Mario and Kid Icarus.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
What?!

That's only like 30 more trophies than in the 3DS. I expected at least 900 trophies. :c

Inazuma

Smash Cadet
NNID
inazuma65
Disappointing. Still, with the stupid Majora's Mask Trophy, I'll never get them all.
What's special about that figure? Is there a really difficult or RNG method to obtain it? The JP version isn't out yet, so I haven't actually played the game yet.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
What's special about that figure? Is there a really difficult or RNG method to obtain it? The JP version isn't out yet, so I haven't actually played the game yet.
You need to get every Mii hat. It's ****ing impossible. There's no quick way to obtain them, and it's totally random. Been trying for a week, and have no new ones. And if you're an idiot like me and screwed yourself out of it by misclicking with your golden hammer, you're stuck without it.

Inazuma

Smash Cadet
NNID
inazuma65
You need to get every Mii hat. It's ****ing impossible. There's no quick way to obtain them, and it's totally random. Been trying for a week, and have no new ones. And if you're an idiot like me and screwed yourself out of it by misclicking with your golden hammer, you're stuck without it.
I had already planned to save my 5 hammers for the last 5 remaining challenges that I can use hammers on, so it sounds like I should stick to that plan.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Yeah, and actually it is easy to get lots of coins on the Wii U versions by just playing with your friends and family for hours of matches. Back at Brawl after days of just playing Brawl with my two brothers, we've got to 9999 coins already. Of course coins were quite useless in Brawl. Now I really think trophie shop is the most efficient way to get trophies, unlike Melee's lottery and Brawls coin launcher, all needs luck and time.
Smash WiiU did get it's own luck based trophy game also- That trophy smash game where you just hit boxes for 2 and a half minutes.
The trophy store is just something different and a welcome addition.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
There are also 92 trophy boxes according to that video. :) Can't wait to see the first full list of trophies (and what boxes they go in)!

Also, for those complaining about the trophy number in this game, just think of it this way: SSB4 has well over 1000 trophies, probably close to 1200 (when you take into account duplicates across both versions of the game). That is tons more than we had even in Brawl.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do know that the following trophies can only be acquired by completing challenges...

• Reaper
  • Whomp
  • Able Sisters
  • Toadsworth
  • Majora's Mask
  • Saki Amamiya
  • Deathborn
  • Magolor
  • Prince of Sable
  • F.L.U.D.D.
  • Waluigi
  • Tac
  • Knuckle Joe
  • Koffing
  • Flying Man
  • Samus (Dark Suit)
  • King K. Rool
  • Mechonis
  • Kritter
  • Galacta Knight
  • Gunship
  • Shadow
  • Souflee
  • Black Knight
  • Mr. L
  • Daisy (Baseball)
  • Soda Popinski
  • Dixie Kong
  • Fire Kirby
  • Wonder-Yellow
  • Birdo
  • Commander Video
  • Jeff
  • Substitute Doll
  • Special Flag
  • Banzai Bill
  • Krystal
  • Ice Climbers
  • Bionis
  • Timmy & Tommy
  • Smash Ball
  • Wolf Link
  • Dr. Light
  • Xerneas
  • Tetra
  • Wonder-Green
  • Snorlax
  • Riki
  • Ridley
  • Lor Starcutter
  • Dr. Kawashima
  • Tricky
  • Mr. Resetti
  • Master Hand
  • Rover
  • Celeste
  • Crazy Hand
  • Wii Fit U Trainer
  • Nabbit
  • Saharah

60 trophies total, and some of them involve completing the absurdly hard challenges.

And then there are the fighter and Final Smash trophies, which can only be acquired by clearing Classic and All-Star with each fighter, including the Miis; 102 trophies total.

You're basically talking about as many as 554 random trophies, which does include each fighter's alternate trophy that appears in stages 4 and 5 of Classic mode.

the8thark

Smash Lord
each fighter's alternate trophy that appears in stages 4 and 5 of Classic mode.
Can you please explain how this works? I've not heard it before. All I know of is the rival that you have to beat before clear the board for the first time in Classic. As in you clear the board once, clear it again then fight the hand. I know nothing about this alternate trophy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Can you please explain how this works? I've not heard it before. All I know of is the rival that you have to beat before clear the board for the first time in Classic. As in you clear the board once, clear it again then fight the hand. I know nothing about this alternate trophy.
Basically, if you complete Classic mode with a fighter, you'll have a chance of seeing his/her alternate trophy at the Trophy Shop.

The alternate trophies don't seem to appear as random rewards for all I know, so it seems that they're Trophy Shop exclusives.

Now, let's say that you're trying to get Rosalina's alternate trophy. To do that, you have to first clear Classic mode as Rosalina. Afterwards, the next time you visit the Trophy Shop, you might spot her alternate trophy. Be advised, however, that each alternate trophy apparently costs 1000G to buy.

Edit: On an additional note, clearing Classic mode as Bowser Jr. will not only allow you to get hold of his alternate trophy, but also the trophies for the Koopalings.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I do know that the following trophies can only be acquired by completing challenges...

• Reaper
  • Whomp
  • Able Sisters
  • Toadsworth
  • Majora's Mask
  • Saki Amamiya
  • Deathborn
  • Magolor
  • Prince of Sable
  • F.L.U.D.D.
  • Waluigi
  • Tac
  • Knuckle Joe
  • Koffing
  • Flying Man
  • Samus (Dark Suit)
  • King K. Rool
  • Mechonis
  • Kritter
  • Galacta Knight
  • Gunship
  • Shadow
  • Souflee
  • Black Knight
  • Mr. L
  • Daisy (Baseball)
  • Soda Popinski
  • Dixie Kong
  • Fire Kirby
  • Wonder-Yellow
  • Birdo
  • Commander Video
  • Jeff
  • Substitute Doll
  • Special Flag
  • Banzai Bill
  • Krystal
  • Ice Climbers
  • Bionis
  • Timmy & Tommy
  • Smash Ball
  • Wolf Link
  • Dr. Light
  • Xerneas
  • Tetra
  • Wonder-Green
  • Snorlax
  • Riki
  • Ridley
  • Lor Starcutter
  • Dr. Kawashima
  • Tricky
  • Mr. Resetti
  • Master Hand
  • Rover
  • Celeste
  • Crazy Hand
  • Wii Fit U Trainer
  • Nabbit
  • Saharah
60 trophies total, and some of them involve completing the absurdly hard challenges.

And then there are the fighter and Final Smash trophies, which can only be acquired by clearing Classic and All-Star with each fighter, including the Miis; 102 trophies total.

You're basically talking about as many as 554 random trophies, which does include each fighter's alternate trophy that appears in stages 4 and 5 of Classic mode.
What specific challenge to unlock the Sable trophy?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What specific challenge to unlock the Sable trophy?
Collect up to 300,000G. That challenge is Golden Hammer immune, but even if it isn't, it's basically a grinding type of challenge that'll eventually get cleared. I'm not sure if you have to be carrying 300,000G though, or if the game doesn't care that you've spent your gold on trophies, Trophy Rush, or for increasing Classic mode's intensity.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Collect up to 300,000G. That challenge is Golden Hammer immune, but even if it isn't, it's basically a grinding type of challenge that'll eventually get cleared. I'm not sure if you have to be carrying 300,000G though, or if the game doesn't care that you've spent your gold on trophies, Trophy Rush, or for increasing Classic mode's intensity.
Oh I see.
(That's totally a reference to Sable's huge amount of money in For the Frog the Bell Tolls, I love it)

kylexv

Smash Master
You buy them in the trophy shop, but I think you have to beat Classic Mode as that character for them to have a chance of appearing.
Or All-Star. I haven't beaten Classic as Shulk, but I got his Alt. Trophy in the shop. Although I beat All-Star with him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was expecting more like 1000 but whatever, I suppose.
I think that seeing the collect 700 trophies challenge at the upper portion of the challenges list was a sign that you were almost done with the trophy collection. Of course, Smash 3DS has 685 trophies, even though you only need 600 to complete all the challenges.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
I think that seeing the collect 700 trophies challenge at the upper portion of the challenges list was a sign that you were almost done with the trophy collection. Of course, Smash 3DS has 685 trophies, even though you only need 600 to complete all the challenges.
I didn't realize that was a challenge, yet.
But even then that is a WEIRD number, why not just make the challenge collect all trophies? What is 16 trophies difference?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I didn't realize that was a challenge, yet.
But even then that is a WEIRD number, why not just make the challenge collect all trophies? What is 16 trophies difference?
Brawl never had a collect all trophies challenge either. It is odd, considering that some challenges give you gold upon completion.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
A lot of the trophies are dissapointing things like Mario on a motorcycle or something equally stupid. I kinda feel like half the trophies are just random model imports to make the number of trophies seem bigger.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A lot of the trophies are dissapointing things like Mario on a motorcycle or something equally stupid. I kinda feel like half the trophies are just random model imports to make the number of trophies seem bigger.
If you're trying to reference past games, that's to be expected. Kirby has often received more trophies of himself than any other fighter after all.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
The problem with this for me is I'll probably not have certain trophies I thought I'd like to see because I already have too many Pokemon trophies and I just don't care for Pokemon so that is taking up way too much for me and there's so many Pokemon that I'm wondering how many more Pokemon trophies I still have to collect.

3ds and Pokemon have ruined my life. :c

Rew

Smash Journeyman
The problem with this for me is I'll probably not have certain trophies I thought I'd like to see because I already have too many Pokemon trophies and I just don't care for Pokemon so that is taking up way too much for me and there's so many Pokemon that I'm wondering how many more Pokemon trophies I still have to collect.

3ds and Pokemon have ruined my life. :c
Yes, as one who loves Nintendo and all things Mario and Zelda (and Mega Man!), yet I've never once touched a Pokemon game in my life. So my eyes tend to glaze over when I get to that vast swath of trophies in any Smash Bros. game for the Pokemon series. Urgh! xD

Top Bottom