• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

70 percent with one attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
About 20 minutes ago, I was playing Mewtwo on a lv. 1 peach on battlefield.

I was about a few feet away to do the b forward move with mewtwo, when all of a sudden peach did something that involved spinning and next thing I knew I was at 78 percent health.

My percent was 8 before she attacked me.

Im pretty sure she did a down smash too. After that I went to training and did the same thing but ended up with a combo of 5 and Mewtwo being at 50 percent.

Can anyone explain how that happened? Also does this mean that peach has the number 1 damage with 1 smash instead of Ice climbers?

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
I came up with a theory...

One was that I got phantom striked (I tested this and I got 50 perent damage)

The other I just got stuck in there for about 3 seconds and was comboed 7 times.

The first one can be true, but its extremely unlikely.

The second is proably more better.

Can anyone explain this to me please?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I dont know why people haven't told you, but if you crouch-cancel peach's downsmash you can take ridiculous amounts of damage. This can also happen to a large character that gets downsmashed while sticking half-way into a platform. These can do up to 90 damage, I believe.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Hold down = Stationary = Eating full D-smash

Not holding down = Fly away = Not getting *****

P.S. Fat people can take more hits if you don't DI correctly as well.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Soldier, Peach's Dsmash has five separate hits, alternating in front of and behind the direction Peach is facing when you start the move. Each hit does normal smash damage, somewhere in the 15-17% range uncharged, I think. So if you're unlucky enough to be crouching or underneath Peach when she downsmashes, you get sucked in and take all 5 hits. Hence the combo. Normally you'd just get hit once.

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
No that wasn't it. I was vsing a lv. 1 Peach cpu.

So im trying to understand how she could do that to me.

I was playing as mewtwo and we were both on a platform, I was enough space between us so that I could do a a down. and she just did a d smash and I got sucked in there and took 70 something percent dmg.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
No that wasn't it. I was vsing a lv. 1 Peach cpu.

So im trying to understand how she could do that to me.

I was playing as mewtwo and we were both on a platform, I was enough space between us so that I could do a a down. and she just did a d smash and I got sucked in there and took 70 something percent dmg.
If you hold down and get hit by an attack, the knockback that attack usually delivers is greatly reduced. If you were trying to "down a" opponent Peach, then you would have had to be crouching. If she dsmashed you before you hit, then it explains everything.

You reduced the knockback of the first hit of her dsmash by crouching (or crouch cancelling). Because the first hit didn't send you flying anywhere, you got sucked into the remaining hits of her move. If all of the moves hit you, the end result is upwards of 70 damage.

Once I was playing as ICs and CCed Peach's dsmash by accident and took 87% from 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom