• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

64 Board Awards [2014]

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
64 Board Awards
Forum Awards 2011 2014 have begin taking nominees. The 64 section is certainly underpopulated compared to other boards, so what I'd like to do is have everyone agree on a person from the 64 boards for each category and vote for them. If we can all get a unanimous vote for a person we might stand a shot. In order to decide who we should vote for I say we hold our own forum awards. I realise that in the Official Forum Awards, there are a couple of categories specific to our section (Smash 64 Scientist and Smash Technician (64)). These have also been included in the 64 Board Awards, but in the interest of fairness you do not have to use the winners of these categories when you vote in the Official Forum Awards.

This for all intents and purpose is the secondary purpose of these awards however. The primary is for us here at 64 to have a blast, because everyone knows we are the best board in this whole goddamn forum, and we deserve our own awards. So have fun!

The Idea

I'm ciaza KnitePhox, and I will be your host. Basically the same categories will apply from the Official Forum Awards, except it will apply specifically to us here, with only the people who frequent these parts being are allowed to vote. I believe to make things easier it should be a 2-step process. The first step will decide the nominees. You'll be taking the template and listing the person you think the award should go to for each category. Once every person has voted (perhaps a day or two deadline until Jan 3 2015) the top 4 or so people with the most votes will be the nominees.

After that the second step comes in to play, where you vote once again but you'll be restricted to voting for one of the nominees. The person with the most votes will win the award for that category. Simple enough? I have removed a couple of the inapplicable and lame awards from the official list, and if you have any great categories that you think should be in please let me know.

The Cateogries
Forum Monkey
A forum monkey is someone goofy who is on all the time, loves to have fun, and is funny.

Best Avatar
Self explanatory.

Best Signature
Self explanatory.

Best Location
Self explanatory.

Most Helpful
An award for the poster who could always find the answers and information others were looking for during 2011 2014.

Smash Ditz
An award for the poster who could never seem to get things straightened out during 2011 2014.

Most Sarcastic
An award for the poster who always had a heavy sense of sarcasm during 2011 2014.

Most Pleasant
An award for the poster who always demonstrated exceptional levels of kindness and was a friend to all during 2011 2014.

An Open Book
An award for the poster who was always willing to share their personal life and experiences with others as well as help others with their personal problems on the forum during 2011 2014.

Most Mature
An award for the user who always keeps things on a professional level and keeps things organized during 2011 2014.

Most Improved
Member who has improved the most as a poster (from 2010 2013 to 2011 2014)

Most Missed
An award for a user who has disappeared for an extended length of time who others wish would return.

Best Comeback
An award for the poster who has made the best return to Smashboards in 2011 2014, following an extended absence.

Smash Brothers
An award for the two posters who seemed to take the best friends connection to another level and share a brotherly connection with each other during 2011 2014.

Best Post Of 2011 2014
The post that made you laugh, the post that helped the most, pick the best you've seen on the boards over the last year.

Custom Smasher
An award for a user who has put a lot of effort in, or made something amazing to customisze Smash Bros.

Smash 64 Scientist
An award for the poster who is best known for contributions to the Smash 64 Community on the boards throughout 2011 2014.

Smash Technician (64)
An award for the user who was always willing to help record, upload, and stream videos for the forums in Smash 64 during 2011 2014.

Host With The Most
An award for the user who used the boards to their maximum potential for hosting tournaments during 2011 2014.

Best Moderator
Self explanatory.

Template

Forum Monkey:

Best Avatar:

Best Signature:

Best Location:

Most Helpful:

Smash Ditz:

Most Sarcastic:

Most Pleasant:

An Open Book:

Most Mature:

Most Improved:

Most Missed:

Best Comeback:

Smash Brothers:

Best Post Of 2011 2014:

Custom Smasher:

Smash 64 Scientist:

Smash Technician (64):

Host With The Most:

Best Moderator:

Voting

What I'd like you to do is take the template, put down who/what you think should win for each category and the reason too if you like. I'd encourage you to reply in a post on this thread so other people can read what you listed and perhaps be inspired or get some ideas. If for whatever reason this would make you uncomfortable, please go ahead and send me your votes in a private message. Remember, this is the first step at the moment, which means you can vote for anyone you like to become a nominee.

Conclusion

These awards are for fun, so have fun doing it! Once the winner of each award has been decided they'll have bragging rights for the rest of the year. That's essentially the only reward I can think of, unless someone wants to go out of their way to buy that person premium membership and change their title to one of the categories they have won. Get voting/you're welcome, Joey!

Last edited:

YBOMBB

Smash Rookie
i nominate pidge for best avatar, and no i am definitely not pidge using ybombb's computer

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
best avatar: I nominate me. i mean obvy that cat is just adorable and yet classy.
most sarcastic: Vale
most pleasant:Sedda
Open book:Kero
most missed: Mixa, Sangoku
smash brothers: Nova + Cobr
Scientist: Madeo
technician: Killer i guess. he records more matches than anyone
Best mod: Mic_128 i think that's a given
Best Post: Sangoku's famous last words. idk where the post is exactly someone should find that and link it

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
best avatar: I nominate me. i mean obvy that cat is just adorable and yet classy.
It's a meme. 0/10

Best Avatar: Probably the most controversial category as everyone thinks theirs is the best. If Olikus stayed with Lemongrab that would be my vote.
Most Sarcastic: caneut
Most Missed: Sangoku obviously
Smash Brothers: Cobr + Studstill
Best Post Of 2011 2014:
i won't be starting any of this until post christmas bc mom's getting me a recording thingy
Your mom and I already do some recordings of our own...
Custom Smasher: Shears for the new site (if it fits this category)

All that comes to mind for me right now.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Not sure if I can nominate more than one, but if not, only consider the first name as a nomination.

Forum Monkey
: was gonna go with kero, but you said "and theyre funny." hmmm im gonna go with Mic_Literally_Hitler_128. That guy is such a goofball!

Best Avatar: Mixa, Ciaza

Best Signature: Near (Morin0), The Star King

Best Location: This could mean different things, so I'm gonna go with bloodpeach. His place is pretty much in front of a gas station, has plenty of restaurants/diners around, pretty lively area, etc. Seems like a convenient place to live in.

Most Helpful: Madao, Sangoku, Mixa

Smash Ditz: Studstill

Most Sarcastic: Bloodpeach (though I may be getting him mixed up with his chat persona). I thought about nominating caneut, but being a ****poster 100% of the time doesn't warrant this kind of nomination imo. Gotta make the sarcastic comments special.

Most Pleasant: asianaussie, koro. Both always passive and chill.

An Open Book: Kero

Most Mature: Mixa, asianaussie

Most Improved: tough to say.

Most Missed: Sangoku, Mixa, puff daddy (eggselent)

Best Comeback: I guess SK was gone for a month or so, so Star King (?)

Smash Brothers: hmm this is tough. most of the "brotherly love" I've seen this year comes from chat groups. I'll go with Shaya and asianaussie. Also, bloodpeach and I if chats count, and then pidge and ybombb right after ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Best Post Of 2014:
Dreamland only proponents are usually feeble minded one dimensional fools who rely heavily on cookie cutter Falcon combos or grab gimp only KOs. I heard they also **** babies, steal from orphans, pour highly toxic poisons into bodies of water, set forests on fire, and even occasionally play Brawl.
Even though I wasn't on skype chat much after I moved and puffdaddy was around, he was always really funny when I was online. This one is probably my favorite from the boards.

here's another good one though:

rob is just a salty lil ***** 100% of the time
Custom Smasher: I guess Kahnu, Madao and the other texture gods

Smash 64 Scientist: Shears for his amazing site

Smash Technician (64): killer for streaming

Host With The Most: Studstill. say what you want about him, but he's hosted more successful tournaments throughout the second half of this year than anyone (while I've been here). I'll also nominate MATTS.

Best Moderator:
This is why we can't have nice things

but someday

sangoku will return and will bring balance to the boards

Annex

Smash Ace
Forum Monkey: kero
Best Avatar: sedda
Most Sarcastic: solo
An Open Book: kero
Most Missed: sangoku
Smash Brothers: rob+studstill <3
Host With The Most: studstill
Best Moderator: mic

<3

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Ybombb is not too pleased with me right now LOLOL

Olikus

Smash Champion
Why is funniest poster not this year? I was ready for back 2 back. Shiiiiiiiiiit

Repent

Banned via Warnings
Forum Monkey:
Kero, until the "is funny" part.

Best Avatar:
Shears, with the Nintendog photoshop of Ballin4life's rorshach mask avatar.

Best Signature:
Studstill, are you ****ing kidding? Those are real quotes. Or Steve with the Tornado comment.

Best Location:
Silly lol, other smash forums are silly.

Most Helpful:
Studstill, Guy Perfect, SK, Knitephox, Shears, and anyone who didn't mention smoke hitboxes.

Smash Ditz:
Whoever said smoke hitboxes, and/or didn't speak up about them.
Most Sarcastic:
Poe's law, like what kind of sociopath uses sarcasm online? Oh, you were just kidding? Oh you were serious?
Sedda wins, hands down, this isn't even a competition.
Most Pleasant:
Studstill, obviously; you guys are just provocative.

An Open Book:
Bananabolts for the touching post on "Until I die"

Most Mature:
Studstill

Most Improved:
This forum, by having Studstill in it.

Most Missed:
Studstill, both pre-March and recently.

Best Comeback:
Whenever you unban Studstill, oh wait you meant like a burn? Same answer then, the top five have to be from that video alone.

Smash Brothers:
Anyone that put Studstill + Cobr here is automatically the champion of "Most Sarcastic"

Best Post Of 2011 2014:
Those advance tech videos are pretty cool, but really any random mixa is far superior to any given post.

Custom Smasher:
Studstill, Shears, Pidge: No one even came close to causing more games of Smash than these three.
Technically, Guy Prefect released the FD codes, so he wins, but really this is sadly an empty category.

Smash 64 Scientist:
SK, Mixa, Studstill
Smash Technician (64):
Studstill
Host With The Most:
Studstill
Best Moderator:
Studstill

If it seems like I voted for Studstill too much, it was to compensate for everytime someone listed "Shears's site".

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Forum Monkey:
Me
Best Avatar:
Me
Best Signature:
Me
Best Location:
My ass
Most Helpful:
Me
Smash Ditz:
Me
Most Sarcastic:
Me
Most Pleasant:
Me
An Open Book:
Me
Most Mature:
Me
Most Improved:
Me
Most Missed:
Me
Best Comeback:
*** ye mum m8
Smash Brothers:
Me, Me
Best Post Of 2011 2014:
****ing ****
Custom Smasher:
Me
Smash 64 Scientist:
Me
Smash Technician (64):
Me
Host With The Most:
Me
Best Moderator:
Me

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Forum Monkey:
Me
Best Avatar:
Me
Best Signature:
Me
Best Location:
My ***
Most Helpful:
Me
Smash Ditz:
Me
Most Sarcastic:
Me
Most Pleasant:
Me
An Open Book:
Me
Most Mature:
Me
Most Improved:
Me
Most Missed:
Me
Best Comeback:
*** ye mum m8
Smash Brothers:
Me, Me
Best Post Of 2011 2014:
****ing ****
Custom Smasher:
Me
Smash 64 Scientist:
Me
Smash Technician (64):
Me
Host With The Most:
Me
Best Moderator:
Me
who the **** are you?

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't on the board when it happened but I've seen the 60 minute game on Hyrule and I have to say the reaction in that thread Morin0 posted when that match when down was amazing, this forum needs an archive.

tehz

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't on the board when it happened but I've seen the 60 minute game on Hyrule and I have to say the reaction in that thread Morin0 posted when that match when down was amazing, this forum needs an archive.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
cane got award for "biggest studstill fanboy of 2014"

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
What about Rookie of the Year or something. I think I've brought up some important things in this community. If there was a Project M Board awards, I would totally win Most Improved.

Top Bottom