• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-6-15 Smash Bros. Wii U Online Tourney #1 by Kingdra

Kingdra_Plays_Great

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3583-0295-0148
Tourney begins on June 6th, 2015 at 3:00 P.M. CT

Chat room: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=KingdraWiiUTourney&uio=MT11bmRlZmluZWQb1

Rules:
-Custom moves and Miis are allowed, no equipment
-No items, 3 stock 6 minute matches
-Matches will be best of three, while finals and grand finals will be best of 5
-Mewtwo is allowed

Starter Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
[Omega] Palutena's Temple
Smashville
Skyworld

Counterpicks:
Kongo Jungle
Town and City
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
[Omega] Garden of Hope
Luigi's Mansion

Prize: Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime Echoes Bundle Pack (Slight scratches on discs)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Why 6 minutes instead of 8? Rounds may go to a time-out often due to using 3 stocks instead of 2, especially in the Bo5 rounds.
There are 6 starters in the Starter Stages list, so if players are striking out an even amount of Stages so a remaining Stage can be determined they will be left with TWO stages and no way to determine who gets to choose Stage in the rules. (The issue seems to be stemming from Skyworld & Palutena's Temple being included as they are usually NOT part of starting Stage list and Town & City sometimes is).

There are no rules included for "Stage Bans"/"Knock Out" procedures. If there are "Counterpick" Stages then that would communicate that the loser of the first round chooses Stage for next round which is a gross advantage, to try to counterbalance this advantage winner of previous round is usually given 1 or 2 "Stage Bans" to remove any Stages they are weak on (or to get rid of uncompetitive stages the TO included *cough*HalberdLuigisMansion*cough*)

Might like to play though, just would like some tidy rules so I don't have to abuse them to make a point of it X^D

Kingdra_Plays_Great

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3583-0295-0148
Hi, I can see how those rules would make more sense. However, two days before the tourney, I can't really change the rules. I have to consider the people who joined the tournament already. Also, concerning stage picks, the two competitors shall agree on one stage to fight on. If you don't agree with the rules, you don't have to join.

About the matches, I believe that 6 minutes and 3 stocks will work just fine. A three stock match usually takes me between four and a half to five minutes maximum (unless there's a camper, which bumps it up to around five and a half). About halbird, it's allowed by the smash community, so I see no reason not to include it. Luigi's mansion doesn't have stage hazards or walk-offs, so it seems like it'll work okay. Forgive me if things seem messy, this is just my first wii u tourney, and I don't know too much about organizing it. Thanks for your help though, it'll come in handy when I host other tourneys. Anyways, I hope to see you there, even if the rules are a little off.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Its fine dude as long as you can keep the tournament together I dont care what stages or rules you wanna pick. As long as they aren't completely off the wall.

Though 6 mins 3 Stocks will likely end up in a lot of time outs which is fine I suppose because the better player still wins. (Just not as satisfying :x)

Top Bottom