• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: - November 30th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Just a reminder that I'll be here if anyone wants to register for IMPULSE. The prices will be as listed in the OP (so for whatever events you want to enter in) + $5 (I can explain why in person but basically it has to do with me registering ya'll through the website myself).

omniholy

Smash Rookie
CC here. Can't make tomorrow and can't make April 14th either :c
After that, I won't be in Toronto for 4 months!!!! :urg:

Be back in September hopefully.

idea

Smash Master
try out lots of different characters vs. different people, they might feel completely different playing against people who go to these tournaments all the time. at my first tourney i considered myself equally good with marth and jigglypuff, but after a few matches i noticed marth didn't really make sense anymore :p

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Kyle, you used to play Marth too? Cool. Marth and Puff seem like such a good combination. Makes stage selection easier at least.

I'm going for 10:30-ish. See you guys there!

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Kyle, you used to play Marth too? Cool. Marth and Puff seem like such a good combination. Makes stage selection easier at least.

I'm going for 10:30-ish. See you guys there!
Aright, I'll see you in half an hour, I'll make sure to keep some coffee for you to warm your hands lol.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
LOL I forgot about that. Good thing it's warm out now, although it might get cold if we camp out overnight...
We could totally get in, my lock picking class taught me everything I need to know!

On another note, does anyone know how to take apart a controller and replace the control stick? I have a second controller to exchange parts with, however, I don't have the tools to open the controller.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
We could totally get in, my lock picking class taught me everything I need to know!

On another note, does anyone know how to take apart a controller and replace the control stick? I have a second controller to exchange parts with, however, I don't have the tools to open the controller.
Never did it but it looks like you just need a tiny screwdriver.

yeah for about 2 hours

now i just play him in friendlies. a lot of characters are really fun if you don't normally play them and just make everything up as you go.
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. So far I've just been going for risky rests in super-casual friendlies but I can see myself messing around with Peach or maybe ICs in the future.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Never did it but it looks like you just need a tiny screwdriver.
Yeah, but it's a triangular one and I don't have anything resembling that; maybe I'll ask the guys at A&C I'm sure they've done this a few times.

Edit: Nevermind, it's just a regular tiny screwdriver, looks like the immense amount of dust made it looks weird :p

idea

Smash Master
haha really? i thought it was a special one. if you can't figure it out, ask ryan tomorrow, he's the one who probably has the most experience with that stuff.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Alright, will do, I think it's just a regular screw, but I could be wrong. I'll ask him tomorrow, hopefully I'll remember to bring both controllers.

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
Coming to the april tourney, and bringing a gamecube :)

Also, I'm thinking of ditching my signature gamestop controller...where do you guys buy new gamecube controllers?

:phone:

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Coming to the april tourney, and bringing a gamecube :)

Also, I'm thinking of ditching my signature gamestop controller...where do you guys buy new gamecube controllers?

:phone:
Third party controllers are bad.

First party controllers are good, but much harder to obtain. Online works, or you could travel slightly up north (Barrie, Kitchener) and they have privately owned videogame shops where you can pretty much find anything. I got a brand new one in perfect condition for $20 while I was stationed in Barrie.

Top Bottom