• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old ranking, now defunct

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm fine with the classics. Count me in Chief!

Pants not included

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
April 12th will be the first Texas Project M Arcadian! For singles, the top 10 ranked players will not be able to enter, so everyone has a bigger chance to get more matches, increase their own rank, and even win some money! If we can get 40 confirmed attendees on TourneyLocator, then any player from outside DFW will receive and additional $50 bonus if they can place in the top 3!

Smashboards Thread:

TourneyLocator Event:

Facebook Event:

Oracle

Smash Master
Just a reminder: If you guys want the $50 ooc bonus to apply to top 3 placers, we need to get 40 confirmed entrants on the Tourney Locator event! If you already have an account, just go to the tourney locator event and click compete! If you don't have an account, then click the "Sign Up" button on the upper right hand corner of www.tourneylocator.com, register, and then click compete on the event page! Its very simple, only takes a few seconds, and will let you compete and follow other events on tourney locator!

Event Page: http://www.tourneylocator.com/Tourney/10279

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
As much as I want to be there I can't afford 7-8 hours roundtrip of driving on the interstate, that's 60-70 dollars just in gas
and my car has no cruise control, I suck at keeping a steady speed on the interstate, so it's also 7 hours of risk of getting a $250+ ticket
ordinarily I would go in my roommate's car but he isn't planning to go
and since it doesn't look like anyone in Shreveport is making the trip, I'm SOL

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
It appears that I'm listed twice as Problemo and Problem0. Kind of scared as to what will happen if/when they merge. Would like to see them merged as Problem0 to be honest...

Oracle

Smash Master
Grime I havent seen the tio file or bracket. If you can get me one of those ill add it in

Artimus

Smash Apprentice
So, I notice on here I'm listed as Arty, but the I'm listed at tournaments as Artimus. Could this be a reason my PR is trash, even though I've placed pretty well at the last few tournaments? Maybe I'm unsure of how it works, idk.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
@ Oracle Oracle , yo son. I've got a PM bracket you need to check out, and a new series out in oil tycoon territory.
But we're doing it as a fundraiser and most of the proceeds go out to fund music things, like string camps and music scholarships. Seeding is legit and all that fun stuff.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Not to sound too picky, but can you please change my name to not have any spaces in it? (The Not So Shy Guy -> TheNotSoShyGuy)

Otherwise, not too bad for a beginner like myself. Unfortunately I won't be able to go to any more tourneys for a while due to distance/timing (hopefully it won't be a factor soon). I will use this time to train harder, and get better. Thanks for updating the PR.

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
@ Oracle Oracle , this @ SparkingZero SparkingZero guy went by Joshua Corant at KotH1 and got 9th there. KotH2 was his second tourney and he got 25th. Give this man a spot on he PR!

edit: also, were you able to add bracket pools from the Arcadian? Because my score tanked, which only makes sense if those results were included. Thanks

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
So from what I understand, if pools are round robin and you don't make it out of pools.. it doesn't hurt your ELO ranking, but if you make it out of pools consistently but lose in bracket quickly it hurts?

Wish there was a way for not making it out of pools to hurt as well as making it out of pools helped.

I guess theoretically your able to add a bracket from pools into the equation and not able to add a RR?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

5 more days until online registration ends for WHOBO MLG Houston. You can still register (pay venue fee) at the door but it will be 40$ instead of 30$.

Some key things to remember:
AirBrushKing is donating a 100$ pot bonus to Melee and i am donating 100$ pot bonus to Brawl. No promises but we are working on a pot bonus for PM.

Melee gets MLG seeding points for the MLG 2014 championships in Anaheim. The top 32 players in Melee 1vs1 get these points. To claim them you must register at https://accounts.majorleaguegaming.com/account/new

There will be a trophy for Brawl and medals for all events (melee/PM/Brawl/ssb64)

Please bring a full set-up we really need them. Free drink vouchers and some custome smash posters are available to the first wave of people who bring full set-ups (wii/ssbb+ssbm/tv).

For more info on rules or anything WHOBO related including registration please go to the links below. If you have any questions, post in those 2 links and me or ABK will get back to you.

FB link: https://m.facebook.com/events/278250605676938

SWF link: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...ition-brawl-melee-pm-64-200-pot-bonus.348315/

AllisBrawl link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466#

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
So from what I understand, if pools are round robin and you don't make it out of pools.. it doesn't hurt your ELO ranking, but if you make it out of pools consistently but lose in bracket quickly it hurts?

Wish there was a way for not making it out of pools to hurt as well as making it out of pools helped.

I guess theoretically your able to add a bracket from pools into the equation and not able to add a RR?
Yes, this is true. It looks like bracket pools from the Arcadian were added, but bracket pools from KotH2 were not. I wish they were though, because my rating got hurt by the exact situation you just described - made it out of pools but quickly losing in bracket.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I noticed that I got knocked down quite a bit and I've made it out of pools everytime. Where as someone who hasn't made it out of pools consistently as well only out performed me when they got into bracket once, just seems flawed.

Regardless tho,I'm glad for the results and this thread. Also, shoutouts to luck and logic!

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Yes, this is true. It looks like bracket pools from the Arcadian were added, but bracket pools from KotH2 were not. I wish they were though, because my rating got hurt by the exact situation you just described - made it out of pools but quickly losing in bracket.
I think I recall Oracle stating that he was unable to add bracket pools from the Arcadian in the PR, although that being the initial intent. So as far as I know, if you don't make it out of your pool, that tourney won't affect your PR score.

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
I think I recall Oracle stating that he was unable to add bracket pools from the Arcadian in the PR, although that being the initial intent. So as far as I know, if you don't make it out of your pool, that tourney won't affect your PR score.
Yeah, he did say that. However, Lites is now on the PR. Seeing as how he didn't make it out of pools in either the Arcadian or KotH2, I have to assume that pools from at least one of those was included this update. Since 2D fighter still needs one more tourney to qualify for the PR, didn't go to the Arcadian, and didn't get out of pools at KotH2, I'm guessing that bracket pools from the Arcadian have been included, but not KotH2.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, he did say that. However, Lites is now on the PR. Seeing as how he didn't make it out of pools in either the Arcadian or KotH2, I have to assume that pools from at least one of those was included this update. Since 2D fighter still needs one more tourney to qualify for the PR, didn't go to the Arcadian, and didn't get out of pools at KotH2, I'm guessing that bracket pools from the Arcadian have been included, but not KotH2.
Ahh, I see. Good catch. I'll definitely be sure to make it out to the next Arcadian.

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
If the bracket pools from the Arcadian were added they were done so under a smaller weight than the actual event. I went 3-0 in pools but 0-2 in bracket and I got knocked down pretty far instead of staying the same. There were a couple of people who didn't go to either of the recent tourneys (so we can assume that their value stayed the same) that I went below.

Top Bottom