• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

50 euro moneymatch with peach coming up. Can I get some tips?

Makoto-Y&Y

Smash Rookie
So before I start this thread I'm gonna lay down the small do's and don'ts from the matchup sticky

Do:
-go in for jab-grabs when she pulls a turnip in pubish range
-light shield a lot
-keep her above you with uairs

Don'ts:
-Jab, peach has a great cc and dsmash will screw me over
-leave center stage. Peach's edgeguarding, especially on nana, is destructive against ICs
-Crouch cancel. You'll get dsmashed and receive 60+ damage

So the biggest tournament in my country, The Netherlands, is coming up on the 9th of January and a local peach player and I will be having a 50 euro moneymatch on stream. (Peach player in question is SuperGoomba). Any and all tips will be welcome.

His matches: https://youtu.be/h7d5FxGijKE

Last edited:

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Hi. I wanna wish you good luck, cause peach is basically your worst nightmare as ICs.
I don't know ICs perspective of the MU that well, but I can tell you what peach should be doing most of the time.

-pull turnips. Against ICs (and all characters without a great air game) peach should try and pull 1000+ turnips each game. They put up pressure, they win her neutral (like turnip>dash attack>combo). Catching ips is good, but at close range you can get hit for free while you're catching them. You should keep close so she can't pull turnips often.

-float>drop auto-cancel f-air. Stay away from it. fair will beat anything, and the AC makes it lag-less, so she can act right out of it with like 10 options to choose from : dash back, double jab, d-smash, dash attack, full hop float to try again... Oh and don't shield it : AC fair is actually frame positive on shieldstun, which means she can grab your shield for free if she lands a fair on it.

-float on the ground>b-air. Quick, disjoint, almost no lag. It's her best defensive option. It will beat you if you try and WD in to get an opening. At low % she can follow up with grab or dash attack, at higher % it lets her pull turnips for free. You can try and bait it out, but your punish window will be very tight.

-d-smash. You gotta be careful. Peach can d-smash your shield safely, and rip it to poke your feets. Angle your shield to keep em' safe. Since nana's DI is ... subpar, d-smash will separate ICs almost everytime, and peach will push isolated nana off stage very easily. Watch out when peach is in shield, she could WD OsS > d-smash. In neutral she will like to WD back > d-smash as a bait too. Don't jump at her on platforms either : d-smash will suck you in for 50% just like if you CC it on the ground, and peach's legs are intagible during the whole move.

-avoid going offstage. obsiously.

-when peach is recovering, try and get her to recover low. Cover high and side platforms, let her take the ledge. She has a bad time coming back on stage from the ledge. Outside of roll/normal get-up/ledge attack, her only good option is let go of ledge>airdoge on stage imediately. An easy punish if you see it coming.

-stages. Go to yoshis : early kills. I know FD is good for you as well, you get very good stage control with your ground movement. Don't let her stay grounded, get her in the air and then keep her above you ! Your last bet would be PS. Kinda for the same reasons as FD, + the closer blastzones for easier KOs. The tranformations should be fine, just stay away from the pit "wash mashine", or you're gonna have a bad time. On the remaining stages I think Peach trunches you so yeah.

That's it, so good luck, I know that's a lot to keep in mind but hey, melee is ****ing hard. Merry Christmas bro !

Makoto-Y&Y

Smash Rookie
This was very informative, thank you Klemes. I've heard tips for the IC side of the matchup but knowing what tactics my opponent might deploy is new to me in it's entirety. I've noted down what you said and thanks a lot.

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
You're welcome ! Good luck tomorow, cheers from Strasbourg, France.

Top Bottom