• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5/26/2007 - GIGABITS - Do we really need a reason to smash?

Pritch

Smash Lord
Hozart...... quitting?!?!?!?!!!?!?!

:(

Say it ain't so, man. Way too many people'll miss seeing you around tournaments and such, you can't possibly be so cruel as to deny us that, can you? That and it seems silly to step up your game that hard (I remember a few months ago you complaining that you had to work hard to catch up to colin, df, etc) and then up and quit right after beating one of if not the top player in the state not once but twice in tournament.

Ahh well, if life really is that complicated just as summer vacation is starting......

Anyways. This tournament was beast. I actually felt like I did decently, especially for having basically not played since the last gigs. So, some shoutouts seem to be in order.

North Fl:

Rice: Nice job in teams, especially that ridiculous comeback vs phanna and rohins (though I guess phanna got his revenge in singles later). Nasty stuff all weekend, man.

Ram: Didn't know you played smash 64 - I'll bet ryan was happy to have someone new to play. Don't worry about the somewhat lackluster singles performance, everyone has rough days. You placed how high at INN again? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Boomstick: Sorry about the crappy navigation, it was my first time going in/out of that area from that direction and I was playing it by ear more than I should have been. Won't happen again. Your car is too small :dizzy:, hopefully mine won't decide to up and break 2 days before we leave for ltec.

Drumma and anyone else that didn't come: See above about my car, we gotta have everyone at LTEC2, you missed waaaay too much ridiculous **** this time around.

Central FL:

Skratch/Otru: Thanks for the housing as usual guys. It makes trips like this soooo much easier knowing we have such an awesome place to chill for the weekend and I don't see you guys getting NEARLY enough props for putting up with all the **** you put up with to house everyone (sometimes literally *looks at rice*). I gotta play you guys a bit next time though, I don't think I played a single member of noob test this time except for a couple matches with colin and about a billion games with Bo.

Bo: A billion good games, I might add. Always fun playing with you, link/peach is a fun matchup and you're always cool to play with. Our pool was NASTY, man, sucks so hard that you couldn't get that 1 match you needed to pull out, especially after beasting smashmac like you did.

Colin: Figures I show you how to edgeguard peach better then I have to face you in pools :(. Oh well, you'd probably have pwned me one way or another. Good **** on second place man. You're still a jacka$$ though :laugh:. (jk)

Thomas: Good to see you man, it's always fun to hang with you and/or watch you play, though it hurts me so much to see you punt matchups by going low-tier vs godly people when your peach is so beastly.

Fenrir: OMG. I want friendlies, ****it. Play me in friendlies. We play in some random tournament match and it's always fun, then say we're gonna play friendlies, and then you NEVER deliver. LTEC2, man, just wait. You're totally gonna see me coming at you with a gc controller in 1 hand and a baseball bat in the other like "so, fenrir, wanna play smash?" ;)

Angry Lobster: Man, ness continues to confuse me to no end. I gotta sit down with you and play for like an hour straight and just get used to how the annoying little punk moves. Then maybe, just MAYBE, I might be able to take a match off of your ness. Finally.

South Fl:

Smashmac: Crazy **** in pools man, glad you managed to make it out even though my lucksack stichface nearly cost you it all. We never did get those friendlies in afterwards. We'll have to do that at LTEC.

Shiz/speedn: Finally got to meet you guys after about a billion tournaments that we've both been at together, now I just gotta get some matches in. Too good, both of you, it's scary how fast you 2 are (watching shiz chasing down hoz's perfect-wavedashing icys with waveshines was possibly the scariest thing I've seen ever happen in a smash game). You're both mad chill to hang out with too, it was fun. See all 3 of you at ltec.

Phanna: Man, it was funny as hell watching rock, boomstick, and shiz trying to beat you with that crazy handicap. I'll bet up-B out of shield has never been so fun. It makes me sad how I go at least even with almost every samus in florida now, then turn around and get pwned in those couple of friendlies we played. I gotta get some more matches in with you, your samus is mad fun to play against.

Xif/Green/Dop/SEFL in general: Boo on you guys for not coming. I was looking forward to seeing xif tear up some fastfallers so I could steal his stuff and use it to maybe beat rice once in a while. Besides, I get so few chances to get out of the panhandle now that I've moved that you should feel obligated to come out when I'm hitting a tournament :chuckle:.

*Oh, and Dop, you still owe me for that part of gas for sups you didn't have at the gas station.*

I know I've missed about a bajillion people on this thing, but that's what happens when it's 3:00 in the morning and you get bored of typing stuff up. Good games with everyone that I did play; anyone that I didn't play should search thier soul deeply and ask themselves why they didn't make an effort to play with me (jk), and hopefully I'll see all you guys and more at LTEC.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Yet another excellent tourney. Had a ton of awesome matches.

Shout outs will be a bit shorter this time:

A-L: You keep getting better and better. Always cool to play.

Vijin: Your Fox and Jiggs are crazy. We held it down in team friendlies for those couple of matches.

Fenrir: Finally got to play against your Link this time. Those matches were intense. Your Link is incredibly awesome man, way to go.

Hiroshi: Awesome Sheik. Our matches are always intense. Good games man.

Ted: Had a good couple of friendlies. Keep playing that Marth man.

Law: Awesome Falco. Very fun to play against. Wish we did more than just two matches though. Maybe next time.

Ecky X: Keep working on those ICs. You will get significantly better if you just keep it at.

Smashmac: Didn't get to play any matches with you this time. We will play for sure the next time we are at the same tourney.

RockCrock: Insane DK man. I have never, ever played against a DK of that level. Incredibly awesome matches man.

For the people I missed, I apologise. All of you guys played well and it was excellent hanging out. Until the next one, peace.

For those who want to go to another CFL tourney in two weeks or so, check out this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2417879#post2417879

I am working hard to make sure that this one becomes a regular stop on the CFL Smash scene. More Smash is always a good thing. :cool:

RAM

Smash Lord
Coming to more gigs in the future not the next one because of Ltec being the week after but we'll see about the gigs after Ltec. Shoutouts later.

P.S Rockcrock is too **** funny.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
shoutoutz

SWFL
Rock: Cool hanging with you, but wtf at "camp the low tiers!" Stupid fox.

Shiz: Fun matches, good times otherwise. I suppose I'm not as bad against Falco as I presume. Unless you were sandbagging me. SANDBAGGER!

Speed: Same as that first sentence to your brother. Thanks for using sheik this time-I really wanted that shot. I thought about using Marth when you counterpicked YS, but I figured I'd keep the peach sheik going. True

SmashMac: You didn't play me! It's cause I'm white isn't it. You're hilarious. I love hanging out with you guys.

Cris: That poor H must think you're a jerk for leaving it out of your tag. Unless you don't actually have an H in your name. Then 0_o. Fun matches, and I was very impressed with your luigi. Good stuff mangzilla.

NFL
Pritch: Fun times at lunch! And don't tell me picking Roy is throwing a match. The only throwing of it I did was mental. But thanks for the compliment to my peach anyways <3 Chuck Norris Matches ftw.

RAM: you are too chill. It's your own fault. But I think it's probably better to be too chill than too dead. You shoulda come for the Chuck Norris Matches.

Rice: Didn't see much of you, but it's good enough to know you're still broken. Silent Rice...

Boomstick: Same as with Rice, but Pritch kept bragging about your CF's improvement. It looked pretty sick to me!

I think I mightve forgotten some from N/SWFL sorry if I did!

CFL coming later...

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Man this tournie was fun. After seeing how awesome all of the pools are, I'm definitely going to join the Singles tournament next time.

Shout outs in no particular order (haven't done one of THESE yet)

Speedn: Congratulations on winning the tournament, your Fox is crazy. That last set with you and Colbol almost gave me a headache.

A-L: Thanks for the, um... everything practice. I think you helped me learn how to fight half the characters in the game. Zelda and Ness have the best b-airs ever!

Pritch: Thanks for the Peach practice, I DEFINITELY don't get enough of that with my regular crew. Thanks for the tips too.

Exarch: Thanks for the advice on how to fight Marth. Although I didn't like some of it, I know I'll probably have to use it in the future.

Hazard: Thanks for teaming with me. Although we didn't do too well, it was still a lot of fun.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Not insulting your character at all. Just saying that exarch's peach > exarch's roy. He just gives peach no credit, especially his own, so I have to bug him about it until he breaks down and accepts that she's comptetitive.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
This tourney was awesome, as are all the CFL tournies I've been to so far. Good job to everyone who placed top 5 in both tournies. Good job lil' brother KeepSpeedN for taking 1st in singles and 2nd in teams with Rock, and little bigger brother DaShizWiz for placing 4th in singles and 1st in teams with Rice. Also, good job to Hozart, TheLaw, and Colbol for doing so well at this tourney. More shoutouts later.

Shadowex3

Smash Apprentice
Great tournament as always. Thanks to all the people that actually will play a match with me now (even if they do tend to last about ~2 minutes) and especially everyone that put up with me asking, at great length, exactly what I did wrong and what I should be doing.

//Specific shout outs

Dguy: Your mewtwo scares the hell out of me as always. I have noticed a pattern though, every time you say you're going to buy us lunch if you win... you don't. Stop jinxing the pizza plz.

Eckyx: Thank god SupCom doesn't have friendly fire, I'd hate to see what would happen if you could teamkill me in that game too.

Boomstick: GG, first time I've been 4stocked in a while. I might just try playing Falcon again.

Cstick: That megaman controller is evil. Personally, i would give it to an old priest and a young priest and tell them to be rid of it forever. Aside from that you srsly need to use something other than smash attacks. Yeah, it works on some of us, but not more than once or twice. Falco has so many awesome moves that you are missing out on.

Cecil: That's wrong man. Just. Wrong.

See yall at the next tournament.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
exarch's peach > exarch's roy against sheik, peach, samus, icys, ganon? and others

exarch's roy >= exarch's peach against fox, falco?, marth, cf?, mario, doc and others.
Most of these are =.

Yes, Pritch, Peach is overall more competitive against the entire cast, but you don't seem to realize just how much marth ***** peach (the same amount he ***** roy by), or just how well Roy does against FFers. Especially on FD.

See, you're complimenting my peach at the expense of my roy-i'd much rather have that flipped around. And though I didn't think I'd think this way when I initially picked him up; Roy is useful in tournaments.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
exarch's peach > exarch's roy against sheik, peach, samus, icys, ganon? and others

exarch's roy >= exarch's peach against fox, falco?, marth, cf?, mario, doc and others.
Most of these are =.

Yes, Pritch, Peach is overall more competitive against the entire cast, but you don't seem to realize just how much marth ***** peach (the same amount he ***** roy by), or just how well Roy does against FFers. Especially on FD.

See, you're complimenting my peach at the expense of my roy-i'd much rather have that flipped around. And though I didn't think I'd think this way when I initially picked him up; Roy is useful in tournaments.
Don't worry Exarch, we all know your roy is teh sexay beast :psycho:

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts!

Colin good job, I can't help but feel that you were our entire team and I was merely a nuisance, I would like to team again in the future, especially since with Hozart quitting I will now be a mercenary, I will also see to it that you don't get ***** by speedn again.

Hozart you're going to pull a michael jordan, except instead of actually quitting the only thing that might change is that you'll play a little less. I see you going to both the next giga and LTE(C/P). Not that there's any point in me saying this, you're probably not going to check the boards, a cute way to pretend that you're quitting this game.

Raistlin, as cocky as this may sound, good job for beating me, glad to see more people stepping it up in the community, and good job to you and DarkSonic for beating Skrach and Otru, and good job to Skrach and Otru for beating Fenrir and Exarch and good job Fenrir and Exarch for ......<3 fenrir and exarch.

Smashmac if Hozart had matches as intense as ours, he would punch himself in the throat for even considering quitting this game. Definitely one of my best matches ever.

Rice.....a man who loves his mama too much!:)

Shiz and Speedn, I'll see you at pound.

Good games to everyone in my pool, ryu,dguy,eckyx3, little dude with the glasses, and link/pichu player.

P.S. That t.v. next to the t.v. next to the register had a wii connected to it and smash looked flippin amazing. "I can see Captain Falcon's nipples, I didn't know Captain Falcon had nipples"-Boomstick.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
sorry we didnt come, everyone was poor and green mario decided lame parties were more important than us owning teams so after he dropped I didnt want to go and become even poorer.

exarch: Peach doesnt have any matchups so seriously unbalanced that you'd want a counterpick, and this is after playing maverick's marth, and shiz, chops, and noucles's fox. You dont give peach enough credit as a character, and the fact of the matter is that she's a contender and... roy isnt. I know its hard in college but its all about learning character matchups. Marth and fox have the advantage, but you should realize you're gonna have to deal with that unless you play Fox or Falco.

Pritch: beating rice, lambchops, shiz, falco's is easy. Its an equation almost.

>>>Input spacing here
>>>add some pressure with FC nairs and fairs
>>>input a little nair slap slap OR nair slap d smash sheild ****
>>>get a grab and up throw and depending on percent
>>>>>>d smash at low percents
>>>>>>dash attack at mid percents at which you can
>>>>>>>>>grab again
>>>>>>>>>dash attack again
>>>>>>>>> or up air
>>>>>>FC nair or full jump fair at high percents.
>>>once off the stage you have many options
>>>>>>stay on and bair for a bit
>>>>>>d smash the ledge (void if opponent is shizwiz)
>>>>>>BEST OPTION IS TO GET THE FVCK OUT THERE AND FOLLOW THEM WITH A BAIR.
>>>Special grandpa turnip combo, FC fair to throw turnip at below 10%
>>>Special play time combo, d smash for a while in the rock formation of poke stadium.

there, sure fire way to beat any falco with peach in 17 lines of a method.

Now if I could macro this onto my controller i could have it beat falco's for me. But it wouldnt be as fun =(

rice

Smash Journeyman
hah thelaw :).
This tournament was definately fun, Thanks for all the friendlies from everyone. I learned a few things this time around.
Colin...... looks like we switched places in who ***** who ^.^, ill get ya back too.
Ted - nice puff ;o
Shiz - nice teaming with you, dual falcos is hilariously fun. Way to win teams by yourself practically :).
Thanks for the housing skrach and otru, you guys are still getting way better too.
Smac - Falco dittos were fun, same as our friendlies ^.^
Speedn - Thanks for playing against me for so long.....
Phanna - .... ill get you next time lol, i dunno, i was really careless, and you helped open my eyes, you definately deserved the win tho.
Rock - you're a funny little douche, you know that lol, you got me good in the matches. I hope to get a rematch sometime, i want to try your fox again :).

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
Lol rohins, I'd still rather see rockcrock following me in a dark ally than see you, Great matches dude, and I really hope to see you at ltec2, Thanks lobster for the shoutouts, and Tehlaw..his nipples were yellow my friend..it was seriously amazing..

MokonA

Smash Cadet
I see the next gigabits tournament is in a few weeks. I want to attend and compete. Can somebody provide me with a physical address so I can mapquest my way there.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
I see the next gigabits tournament is in a few weeks. I want to attend and compete. Can somebody provide me with a physical address so I can mapquest my way there.
Hey the address and directions coming off of 417 and 408 are always on the first page of the thread :D

Gigabits is a little difficult to find, but the directions will help. Also we should have a giant new light up sign in time for the next tourney :D

Aeon 2.6

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone.

Just to tell you guys that some smashers from Puerto Rico will be attending the tournament :D

I'm one of them, along with my brother and a friend thats already in Orlando.

See you all in the Gigabits tournament :D

Top Bottom