• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4G Gaming Presents: Champion Road: Little Mac Combo Tutorial Ep. 1

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Want to learn how to really get the most out of Little Mac? There's more to this character than not being an air fighter. He has a vibrant and explosive combo game with the potential to pack a serious punch. The folks at 4G Gaming have come together to create the first in a series of videos called Champion Road all meant to teach folks tips and tricks for Little Mac. This first episode is a beginning combo tutorial so sit down, watch, learn, and implement these tips in upcoming games!

SmashCapps wants to send a shoutout to LeapingLizardCosplay for the amazing cosplay and Mr.Snugglez84 for the excellent photography. To keep up with his writing adventures be sure to follow @SmashCapps on Twitter.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hey everyone, I really wanted to get some feedback on something. As you may have noticed, I've been spotlighting cosplayers when people make videos about certain characters sometimes as of late. Is this cool with people? I just wanted to show off cool things I've seen around and thought it would be cooler than just taking screen shots from videos to use as pictures.

Let me know how you feel!

Last edited:

Kotastic

Smash Ace
NNID
Kotastic
3DS FC
3368-4107-1072
Inb4 people complain about cosplay picture.

Btw I don't mind cosplay, I think they look cool.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hey everyone, I really wanted to get some feedback on something. As you may have noticed, I've been spotlighting cosplayers when people make videos about certain characters sometimes as of late. Is this cool with people? I just wanted to show ofrf cool things I've seen around and thought it would be cooler than just taking screen shots from videos to use as pictures.

As an avid cosplayer myself, I think it's a great way to get the medium into the public eye and help crossover the fanbases. Kudos!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So you mean to tell me that dash attack dash attack, side B side B, random Smash attack isn't a viable combo?

Luig

Confused
Well, it would be ironic if nintendo released a balance patch when they release the youtube feature.. then again, it's not like they care.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fun Fact: :4falcon: and :4ganondorf:'s down specials when used in the air can be canceled by Rising Uppercut.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. :4dk:

YGK

Smash Cadet
I had no idea Mac had such good movement options, usually I just see people walk in and poke with jabs and invincible smashes, or sprint into dash attack or grab. I guess I don't play against very good Little Mac's.

Hey everyone, I really wanted to get some feedback on something. As you may have noticed, I've been spotlighting cosplayers when people make videos about certain characters sometimes as of late. Is this cool with people? I just wanted to show off cool things I've seen around and thought it would be cooler than just taking screen shots from videos to use as pictures.

I really like it, but I'm a bit biased since cosplay photography is a hobby of mine (shameless self promotion)

On a related note, you may want to move the photo credit line so it's closer to the image itself. At first I didn't think you credited the artists at all since the credit is so disjointed from the photo.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

It doesn't bother me, but it's offsetting from what the content actually is.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Dude, the model cosplaying that Little Mac looks exactly like my sister...

Smash Ace
Well, obviously, we get the most out of Little Mac by being an air fighter and Jolt Haymakering off the stage. Guaranteed to get yourself salty.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Little Mac has some really awesome combo potential, and they feel really satisfying when you pull them off. Little Mac is definitely one of my favorite newcomers!

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Lady Mac is top tier. I like this by the way, I think Tourney Mac is actually a very interesting character since the FG stuff most people complained about is due to input lag and is basically just a casual filter. But Tourney Mac is difficult to make viable in a real tournament setting and has to employ very interesting tactics and combos to make it through bracket.

xzx

Smash Lord
And people say Little Mac sucks... He's not that bad as everyone seems to think.

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
How would one go about doing the "dash crouch cancel" shown in this video? I can't seem to make him crouch any faster than normal.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
D tilt into nair with no di only true combos on certain characters at specific percent range, most of the time you can di out and airdodge/jump.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I don't mean to call out the cosplayer, but did she even study boxing before that shoot? Her stance suggests that she is left handed if her right is forward. Also, her body is turned while throwing the punch. Does she want to lose all the power from it?

I'm...I'm mad.

Mr.ケイ

Smash Apprentice

I like it, it show cases someone's love for a specific character rather than be a simple screenshot.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
HMMM... I never could find a decent use for Nair before... but to link it to a footstool or chain Dtilt with Rising Uppercut. I'll have to try these, especially the footstool thing, since it makes doing a lock for a kill setup much easier.

unfortunately, the perfect pivot tricks don't seem like something I'm easily capable of, given my using a third party Classic Pro.

[...wait a minute... watching this again, all this stuff was done in TRAINING MODE... not an actual match, CPU or otherwise, I'm suddenly beginning to question the validity of these tricks!]

Last edited:

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
D tilt into nair with no di only true combos on certain characters at specific percent range, most of the time you can di out and airdodge/jump.
thats actually the worst thing you can do, especially at early percents. also buffered dashes or jumps WILL make it true combo with or without DI. U should also check out rage more, because rage changes a TON of these things in favor of the attacker.

- 4GG | BAM

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
How would one go about doing the "dash crouch cancel" shown in this video? I can't seem to make him crouch any faster than normal.
as u see mac slow down from his dash just press down. what happens is at the IASA frame he will begin to crouch. you do it so that u dont end up missing the window and hitting a during the dash frames. otherwise ud just dash attack

FE_Hector

Smash Lord

I think it's awesome!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
How to invalidate all of these: stand by the edge and wait for the inevitable dash attack.

Top Bottom