• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Cloud's ground game is very underrated in this thread. Spaced ftilt outranges a lot of pokes, having two strong options out of a dash that both catch short hops is fantastic, dtilt is a strong aerial whiff punisher, and he has a p good foxtrot/PP game.

And then with limit, he has his essentially safe on block LCS and actually safe on block LBB both able to be done out of a run. This makes his dash grab threatening.

Have you ever had a limit Cloud walk towards you? Knowing you can't challenge LCS' i-frames, if he reads a roll he can LCS or turnaround dsmash to keep you in the corner, if he gets too close to you and you jump he can LCS/up air juggles/NAir to keep you in the corner, and he is threatening to change speeds to dash up LCS or Dash attack?

Then you sit in shield and he waits threatening to LCS you at any moment which will catch spotdodge, jump, shield drop, and possibly the initial frames of roll.

Cloud's ground game is realistically stronger than most of the cast.

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
Cloud's ground game is realistically stronger than most of the cast.
The issue is that it's not a top tier ground game.
Certainly not one you would see in a top 1-3 character.
Sheik has some of the best burst options out of dash/shield in the game and needles.
Diddy has banana and dtilt.
Sonic twice the speed of most of the roster and has spindash.
Fox has EDD PP utilt/dash attack.
Rosalina has a Luma.
Cloud doesn't really have anything that threatens you. You almost exclusively talking about LCS(which everyone knows is busted) shows how limited his other tools are. If a Cloud walks towards me without limit I have nothing to be afraid of. If a Cloud dashes at me and I'm not at kill % I have nothing to be afraid of.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Nowhere in my post did i specify why I felt that rosa, sonic, mewtwo, and fox were better.

In comparison to mario all four of those characters have a significantly better neutral and scarier tools overall. I really can't think of a reason to main mario over the four characters i mentioned unless im just a mario fan

I just noticed that all the top players that are having a character crisis or looking for/have secondaries are not looking at mario. I've seen Void pull out fox and mew2, Vinnie, ANTi, and Aba have rosa, Komo has sonic, Leo and many others have a cloud. I'm just curious as to why nobody really ops for mario as a main or a secondary at top level, especially considering that he's easy to use. Ally is the only solo main. ANTi's usage of mario seems like more of a secondary.

Like i said, im just curious as to why i dont see more of him at top level
No. You said Mario shouldn't be considered good because he has only two top players and I countered that argument saying that Mewtwo shouldn't be better, by YOUR logic, if he has only one top player.

It really isn't complex. You made a silly argument and I pointed it out.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Not sure how you did not see it when I put it clear as day in my post. I'm just gonna break this down to you and tell you why this match up is not as terrible as you and the others think. I'm not gonna go on too much about his strengths cause that was already dished out to death here.

First I am gonna go on about how Peach is suppose to play the neutral vs MK. The neutral game, or just neutral, is a phase during gameplay when no player has a situational advantage over the other. In this phase, either player's objective is to "win the neutral game", i.e. land a hit with possible follow-ups, or punish the enemy for a failed attempt to do so. So for me, to avoid stuff from MK, I need to keep a distance such as this:

At this range, MK is no threat to me. Him coming at me with air attacks won't hit. The fastest thing he can come at me with is his dash attack. If he was to dash attack me from this range, I will not get hit. You can check out the gif right here showing that in the link below.:

The issue here is that you assume you can stop Meta Knight from positioning himself outside of your range but keeping inside of his. You cannot. Meta Knight is faster than you on the ground, has better means of repositioning, and between the distance covered by dash attack and the initial dash animation you are always vulnerable. I would also like to mention that you only have so much stage to space with to reposition yourself, and while playing at the edge is something you want to do at specific percent ranges, you cannot do this the entirety of the time because it limits your ability to stay out of my range even more.

His dash attack is disjointed but there is a lil problem with this. The hitbox is only active for 4 frames. After that he is still in the dash attack animation but he is just a plan moving target.
It's active for 5 frames, frames 7-11, and very few characters are able to viably punish this move. A smart Meta Knight is not going to use dash attack 1 unless it will cross up on shield, and Peach does not have the mobility to punish the cross up. A smart Meta Knight is also not going to use dash attack 3 unless you throw out a move or action because it is unsafe on block, but this also means you cannot do much because of the distance it commands.

That's why the dash attack dud not hit Peach when MK went in with it. This is one of MK (if not the best) starters for his combos. With good micro spacing and movement, MK can not really hit Peach if she maintains this range. If he does, its a free punish. After the hit box is gone, he can't do anything for 21 frames. Depending on this distance, you can punish him or just back off. Cause you would leave yourself open and then eat damage for it.
Peach does not have the mobility tools to outspace Meta Knight. He has one of the best fox trots and perfect pivots in the game, his dash attack commands a lot of space, and Peach cannot reposition with enough space to account for this and Meta Knight's disjoints. Not to mention that you cannot reposition at the ledge, which is where you need to be at early percents, and the punishment for a single mistake is that you die.

Now going back to the first picture on distance. If Peach has a turnip in hand, its even better since she can punish something wiffed from a distance. Meta knigts movement options on the ground are not that great to bait things from the enemy.
Except they are. Meta Knight is the epitome of a bait and punish character in Smash IV. Fox trots, perfect pivots and stalled dash attacks mixed in with empty hops and air jumps all good choices. Not to mention Turnips are not threatening. They don't throw you into a tech knockdown like Gyro, or trip you like Diddy's banana. The risk reward for me going after you while you are holding a Turnip is heavily skewed in my favor.

Good Meta Knight's do not give you openings to punish them. They bait you into an action and punish you for it. Even if you manage to punish with a Turnip, what does that give you? Percent. If I can manage this against competent Sheik players, why should I be concerned about what a Peach is going to do with a Turnip in hand and poor mobility?

Characters like falcon and lil mac do it better.I fear them on the ground way more them MK, and he has death combos. All he really has is speed. That's about it. And his air speed is average. Just being three spots over Peach. What Peach lacks in speed she makes up for in ground movement. The vid below explains it:

So you pick Little Mac, who has the best ground game in the entire cast, and Falcon, who has an unreactable 50/50 on the ground, as a means to establish your comparison? That's like me saying Ryu isn't heavy because he's not Dedede or Bowser.

He has better speed, better movement, better disjoints, more accessible damaging combos, better kill options. I am well aware of Peach's ground movement and it means next to nothing in this match up. You can't shield during float cancels. You start skipping around in neutral and you are going to get laddered, and you cannot use it to move in and out of my space because again you do not have the mobility to dictate that.

If Mk is in the air using multiple jumps, Peach should not be trying to chase him air attacks. A turnip is best. If she does not have one, nor can safely get one, then what she should be doing is being in a zone MK would land and the range he is no threat.

If he is about this height dishing dairs, a turnip to the side will take care of that. And if he short fairs/bairs, he suffers lag with a turnip can punish. If no turnip, its best not to challenge. But if one sees a pattern, they can FULL hop dair and hit MK. Other wise, best to respect and wait till he lands. Peachs moves on will get get her punish alot. They are either slow or short range.
There is no reason to do this. You retreat to the air against characters with strong grab games that have large grab boxes or good speed. Peach has neither. Meta Knight's goal is to stay on the ground and either wait for you to make a mistake and kill you, or punish you for playing defensive and kill you.

At this height, unless Peach has a turnip in hand, she has to respect him. Multiple jumps in neutral are usually use to fake out a landing or bait a pursuit. Then come down with a punish. MK does not get good air speed when jumping in the other direction like jiggs. So Peach can go under MK and hit him from under. Or create a wall if turnips if he wants to burn more jumps. Then juggle/ Z grab them to w/e the player wants. You have a few hit boxes covering the air and you can cover the ground. At worst he swings but don't get a hit. Then the neutral game starts again.
Already addressed.

Meta lacks versitale approaches. He can't just go in brute force and get a hit. He gets rewarded when the opponent leaves themselves open. He can't force alot of things in a safe matter. Outside of cross up dash attacks on shield, most of his moves are not safe. When I see Peach get put down by meta it's usually cause they did something within his range that was not safe. So meta's ground speed can just take advantage of wiffed moves. Peach players usually don't have alot of patients and usually wanna be in the air alot to typical Peach stuff. I explained this in my metagame vid about her. But if Peach gives lil to no openings, Meta can not just do what he wants for free. He will get put down for it.
So what are you going to do? Pull out unsafe Turnips in my dash attack range, and wiff punish the whole game? You're telling me that the reason's Peach lose is because they play aggressive and commit to unsafe actions, but what do you against a Meta Knight that plays patiently? You cannot spend the whole game turtling when you literally die to two combos. You are going to eventually make a mistake, the difference is that Meta Knight can afford to make them and you have very few tools to pressure the enemy Meta Knight into making errors.

I even spoke to Sam about this and he said he was losing his patients and boring, and went in with common Peach stuff. Thats a player problem, not a character problem. You know the character you play and what they are about. If you refuse to do what you wanna do to get the win, you can say match up is such and such when you refuse to do what you have to. Which is be hella patient. This is the same reason Dabuz is the only Rosalina that hits top 8 at big events. The others don't really wanna wait alot and play optimal. That's why they don't join Dabuz in top 8. If you dont wanna do what you have to do, don't play the character, simple as that.
Samsora played the match up poorly, but that does not mean the match up is not atrocious. Anectdotal claims really.

I respect that you think Peach's meta is not particularly strong, but you misunderstand the strengths and goals of Meta Knight in this match up while overestimating Peach's ability to handle it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
His worst match up is Ness or Fox, I've asked around and researched a bit on that

Mewtwo might do well but Fox and Ness just do far worse in terms of shut down.
Ness isn't even a bad matchup for Lucario tbh. Fox really messes up Lucario tho

:059:

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Cloud has the most robust and practical motive to platform camp Mac.

Normally platform camping is sort of a hollow threat--it only applies when Mac is losing, and Mac actually does have pretty decent options on Battlefield and Lylat to deal with it, much less T&C where he usually couldn't care less. Timing mac out usually isn't actually plausible on these stages for most characters. So running away to platform camp Mac isn't actually a slam dunk strategy, because there's ordinarily no actual endgame.

Cloud has an endgame to platform stalling, called "I exclusively fight you with limit." And Cloud's limit options are spooky enough to upset the calculus of Mac's typical footsie tango.

That's what makes the matchup scary to me on paper, but I'd be curious what @Solreth has to say.
While im not Sol, i would like to think of myself as a solid enough mac main to give an input on this MU. While it is true that Mac is pretty much always fighting cloud in limit, The best option Mac has is to soley play bait and punish. Mac has the tools and frame data to punish even Cloud's limit moves on block like LB cross slash, but it can get stressful for Mac if he is in kill percent. Someone mentioned it before, but Cloud doesn't do all that well against shields, and Mac has some of the fastest punish options in the game (dropping shield Ftilt is godlike for Mac in this MU, and Cloud has to respect Super Armor). Honestly, if the Mac plays noncommital and safe, this MU is doable, even against Limit cloud.

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
I wanted to post this yesterday but I forgot so...

Bigger winners for SSC 2016
:4corrinf::4lucas::4olimar::4feroy::4zss:
Small Winners
:4falcon::4greninja::4duckhunt::4myfriends::4lucario:
Poor Performance or diddn't show up at all
:4fox::4cloud2::4pikachu::4tlink::4marth::4metaknight:

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

Small Winners
I would put falcon in the big winner list. For fatality to make it all the way to top 8 with falcon alone?

That's big for a character who has been out of the national tournament scene for a while.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason

Small Winners
How is Falcon a small win when he outplaced Lucas, Roy, and Corrin? Is it because of more rep?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Last I checked Larry was in top 8. Once again. Beats me how that is a poor performance

Edit: confused with EVO nvm

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
We'll in the U.S. he has began falling off with his highest placements being around 5th-15th and only winning huge regionals thanks to Mew2King and some credit at CEO 2016 from Anti. In Japan however he does fairly well, with players like Komorikir and Maushi doing very well off compared to the U.S. Clouds. :4cloud2:
once again what happened when komoriki came here? there are very few Japanese players that consistently do well in the us and we all know them by now

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I confused myself with EVO results. This is what happens when you don't sleep.

Plz stop reaching to grab my ass, goddamn I couldn't even delete that post

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Cloud has the 3rd best results for top 16, top 8, and top 16 upper tournaments. What do people mean when they say he doesn't have good enough results to be top 3? Does he have to have the best results in the game to be top 3? If he has the 3rd best results + a really good MU chart with almost no weaknesses (he only loses to Sheik and maybe some other character), then shouldn't he be top 3? Or, at the very least, top 5?

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Cloud suffers from the prepatch Luigi syndrome. Good results from low to mid to high, but not enough results at top level to warrant his top five-ness.

M2K dropping smash 4 as barely a side-game doesn't help Cloud's results either.

When people say he doesn't have good results, they mean at the top level.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Cloud has the 3rd best results for top 16, top 8, and top 16 upper tournaments. What do people mean when they say he doesn't have good enough results to be top 3? Does he have to have the best results in the game to be top 3? If he has the 3rd best results + a really good MU chart with almost no weaknesses (he only loses to Sheik and maybe some other character), then shouldn't he be top 3? Or, at the very least, top 5?
After 2 big tournaments of Cloud lacking in results, people go bananas.

But then again it's not just 2 tourneys; he hasn't quite won tournaments at the major level the way the other perceived top tiers have. He has really good theoretical Mus, but they can also be very volatile.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a post-patch Cloud win a major top tourney either, right now though he doesn't have that consistency yet the way Sheik does.

my_T

Smash Journeyman
No. You said Mario shouldn't be considered good because he has only two top players and I countered that argument saying that Mewtwo shouldn't be better, by YOUR logic, if he has only one top player.

It really isn't complex. You made a silly argument and I pointed it out.
Now you're just putting words in my mouth. Tell me where I explicitly said any of that lol. I asked "where are results coming from?". I should have made it clear that i was referring to @Das Koopa result charts.

Mewtwo, Cloud, Sonic, Fox, Rosa

All five of these characters have seen success at top level as secondaries. I dont think i need to say anything about Cloud. Rosa has Vinnie, ANTi, and Aba. Sonic has Komo who performs extremely well with him considering that he mains Cloud now. Fox has NAKAT, Earth and Void.

In Mew2's case a few players have picked him up as a main or at least tried to despite Mario having been on the roster unchanged since day 1. Aba, Rich Brown, and 9B. I know Void has a Mew2 as well but i haven't seen him pull him out at top level.

The only two players that main or use Mario as a secondary at top level are Ally and ANTi. This leads me to believe that Mew2, Cloud, Sonic, Fox, and Rosa are seen as better characters at top level. If he was really as good and easy to use as people say then i would expect him to be used a lot more. Perhaps players look at Mew2, Sonic, Cloud, Fox, and Rosa and see something better like their superior neutral and overall stronger tools.

This is all based on the assumption that these players picked up these secondaries and/or switched mains with the intention to win.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Last edited:

YerTheBestAROUND

Smash Journeyman
Playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild for eternity.
Seems like Cloud's developing Captain Falcon syndrome, where people underrate him and claim he's not as good as he was perceived, then when his good players actually show up and do something people are like "maybe this character does have something going for him", talk about him momentarily, then go back to underrating him.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Top 16 upper tournament results:

1. Sheik: 238.5
2. Diddy Kong: 207
3. Cloud: 157.5
4. Zero Suit Samus: 139.5
5. Fox: 139.5
6. Mario: 136
7. Rosalina & Luma: 125
8. Sonic: 114
9. Bayonetta: 109
10. Toon Link: 76

Cloud's results are still good, even if you stick to only bigger tournaments.
what tournaments is this counting?

D

Deleted member 269706

The problem with Cloud largely lies within the misunderstanding and false perception of the character.

For the longest time it was believed that he made the perfect pocket character. That he had answers to practically everything, is easy to use, and does well against the top tiers. Even top level players shared this mentality. At mid/low levels, this remains true to some extent, his status as the ultimate pocket character goes unrivaled. However at the top level, this is no longer the case. Players are finding answers and slowly working against what was once the easy way out.

No top player has treated Cloud as a main, only as a pocket or secondary at best. Blah blah blah Mew2King- No. Mew2king is an outlier. For one, he's shown us time and time again that he chooses to focus on Melee over Sm4sh. His energy and devotion is being channeled elsewhere. Whether it's due to poor scheduling or his emotions is irrelevant, the point still stands, he's extremely reliant on several outside conditions. You can't really argue for any other players based on results and influence.

My point is, no top level player has taken the time to understand Cloud in the way Larry understands Fox, Ally understands Mario, Zero understands Diddy, Dabuz understands Rosalina and so on. He was treated as a character who didn't need devotion, a grab-n-go deal if you will. But of course that isn't true, to succeed you need the deeper understanding, and that's what we lack.

Mob mentality, inconsistencies (i.e. tourney placings), recency bias, and lack of understanding has twisted and turned our perception of Cloud.

Go ahead, tell me that his throws are bad. I disagree. No they don't offer any free follow-ups but they offer positional advantage and stage control. In one event the opponent is positioned above Cloud, and in the other they find themselves offstage. Both states are highly unfavorable for anyone contesting him. You can preach about how important it is that we develop better methods of edge-guarding him and his "bad recovery". This is true, but he is also very capable of edge-guarding, I think many people tend to forget this. But sooner or later, it will develop as well. And his ground game is far better than made out to be. With range, mobility, power, a projectile, a decent perfect pivot, and the threat of LCS, Cloud's ground game is not something to overlook. Far from the best, but much, much farther from the worst.

Stop treating him like the perfect secondary we all thought he was, start treating him as his own character. Give him the time and devotion that you've given everyone else. He's been around for what- 8 months? Treated as a secondary for the most of it. Cloud has a long way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElectricBlade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haruhisuzumia
3DS FC
1203-9228-7596
A while ago I made a statement on how Clouds ground game is mediocre. I take that back. It works on people that are threatened, I have not seen any clouds properly use his ground game yet. I will try to take the imitative on developing it. Just a combination of amazing dash dances and LCS is more then enough to work against majority of the cast. As the summaries of Rawkstar and Locke have actually opened my eyes abit towards it. I also believe Cloud is a very underdeveloped character with A LOT of potential to grow

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Cloud is also one of a handful of characters that can use any standing option out of a run, assuming he doesn't have limit.

Most people just rely on his amazing foxtrot instead, but if you're running -> input Limit Charge -> press whatever move you want (dtilt with Cstick is really easy, for example) -> tap Shield, he essentially has a 4(?) frame run-cancel animation.

If for some reason hitting R is too hard or whatever, you can also cancel it by hitting B a second time (which has the added advantage of letting Cloud charge limit while falling, then cancel into an aerial/empty fall without having to AirDodge). This takes a few extra frames, but only around 4 or so if I'm remembering correctly.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Most clouds don't even dash dance and y'all talk in bout how he has capped.

Imma be over here in the corner if y'all need me. Just observing things as usual.

Last edited:

Ilikebugs

Smash Cadet
When will we start to see Olimar and Pac-Man counterplay? It seems to be underutilized at the moment.

ElectricBlade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haruhisuzumia
3DS FC
1203-9228-7596

Imma be over here in the corner of y'all need me. Just observing things as usual.

Exactly my point, I think Clouds dash dance game is extremely underrated. I am excited for the day a good cloud makes use of it. We need a PPMD for Cloud.

Also people need to keep in mind Cloud can do just about any move out of Dash dance with almost no margin of error. And dash dance mixups can also help with timing mix ups on his zoning game. As Perfect shielding is some characters main way of getting in (Although Cloud has a bunch of good answers to this, but still)

Actually I have been tempted to make a guide on Dash dancing as Cloud

Scrubtorights

Smash Cadet
Would it be safe to to say that characters that can't handle Cloud's ground game can't compete or consistently beat top tiers any way? Thinking about it now, maybe the gap between tiers will increase if character's ground game gets improved with practice however that may happen if ever.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss

Imma be over here in the corner if y'all need me. Just observing things as usual.
Players in general are too busy playing the game like it has tripping in it.

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace
When will we start to see Olimar and Pac-Man counterplay? It seems to be underutilized at the moment.
When we start seeing Olimar and Pac-Man play.

Neither character is popular at the competitive level. They both can afford to benefit from matchup inexperience because statistically speaking people don't have much of a reason to prepare for them.

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
All this discussion about players using Mario at top level and I haven't seen anyone mention Zenyou. He's pretty good too.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
All this discussion about players using Mario at top level and I haven't seen anyone mention Zenyou. He's pretty good too.
There are probably a ton of players who are very good, but for various reasons, they aren't well-known. In a way, it's like how Larry Lurr is the Fox player everyone knows, but there are players like MegaFox and maybe Nakat who are just as good, but people don't have their names pop up like Larry. Speaking of Mario... Wasn't there a Mario that took out ESAM at Genesis? I don't remember his tag or the tournament, but there was a Mario I think from Arizona who made a very strong statement at a past major. I think it was Apachai... Eh, I'll check later. Inputting rapid jab frame data, hit lag, and SDI into a spreadsheet.

Fox related: his rapid jab setup, the hitbox introduced in 1.1.0? Yeah, it has a 180° hit angle which means it pops you into Fox's rapid jab. That's a setup hit if there was ever one. I didn't convert the numbers of the setup hit yesterday since I wanted to focus on rapid jabs... I should have since it is a part of rapid jab. Anyway, for SDI, Fox's Fair loop hits has x1.3 SDI multipliers. It's not the level of Lucas x2.0 SDI Nair -- doubled from Brawl for some reason --, but who knows, maybe someone will exploit that against Fox players.

SDI fun fact: all of Brawl Ganondorf's except for D-throw have x2.0 SDI multipliers. In Smash 4? According to the raw data, all of those have x0.0 SDI multipliers. The weird thing is that I think they only occur for the setup hits, so it might not make a difference? Not sure since they're "special hitboxes" with normal setup of data while the "grab hitbox" have a different format. If they do make a difference, then I wonder why his throws needed that high of a SDI multiplier in Brawl.

Speaking of Brawl, was SDI "stronger"? I don't know much about SDI other than how it works, what it does, and how to do it, but I don't really know the "effects" of it. I ask this since in Smash 4, most of the numbers look the same, but SDI doesn't seem as extreme. That being said, I don't know much about SDI, so I probably can't catch when SDI happens.

Last edited:

T4ylor

Smash Journeyman
Ffamran Ffamran Just going off memory, but I think that Mario from Genesis is Teb from Norcal. Another Mario I didn't see mentioned is Ron, from Japan. He is/was by far their best one, but didn't enter too many tourneys from what I could tell. There's also Filip (also Japan).

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Speaking of Brawl, was SDI "stronger"? I don't know much about SDI other than how it works, what it does, and how to do it, but I don't really know the "effects" of it. I ask this since in Smash 4, most of the numbers look the same, but SDI doesn't seem as extreme. That being said, I don't know much about SDI, so I probably can't catch when SDI happens.
Individual inputs were twice as strong in previous games, and Melee/Brawl allowed you to use the C-stick as well as the control stick, whereas Sm4sh does not (since the C-stick overrides the control stick)

[BROF]

Smash Apprentice
Is there any video of any Cloud utilizing Instant Limit Cancel as a Melee Peach Prince Pivot? As in using any option out of Dash/Run like Peach can in Melee? I can't recall any myself but I'd love to be wrong. While not as crazy as the Prince Pivot which lets you do things like Dsmash OoS (not even a good option anyways, jab OoS is better) since you don't enter jumpsquat with it, it basically lets Cloud do whatever it wants but makes it too input intensive.
Like he could Shield Dash but he still has to drop shield to use whatever option he wants, but ILC has doesn't limit him that way.
Any frame data on how long ILC takes before he's actionable again?

There's also the fact that overall Cloud is better with limit. The loaded gun is more intimidating. But I'd like to see more of that kind of ground game.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ffamran Ffamran Just going off memory, but I think that Mario from Genesis is Teb from Norcal. Another Mario I didn't see mentioned is Ron, from Japan. He is/was by far their best one, but didn't enter too many tourneys from what I could tell. There's also Filip (also Japan).
This match, right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ZM1DkGTRs? For the talk of Mario players or players of whoever, you can always check the PR ranking directory, look through for a player and try to find videos of them. It's easy, really e.g. if you want Teb, then go to YouTube, type in "teb mario", and there you go. Strong, but "isolated" players and regions or players and regions just out of the spotlight. Anyway, I digress.

Individual inputs were twice as strong in previous games, and Melee/Brawl allowed you to use the C-stick as well as the control stick, whereas Sm4sh does not (since the C-stick overrides the control stick)
Hmm... that probably explains SSBwiki's gif of SDI where Snake is hit by a sweet-spotted Falcon Knee and is able to SDI in an extreme way. Going through Capt.'s frame data, his Fair or rather none of his moves have SDI multipliers above x1.0. That being said, they were at very high percents, +300%, but still... probably not what would happen in Smash 4? So, in a very stupid comparison, a x1.0 SDI multiplier in Brawl would kind of be like a x2.0 multiplier in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom