• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Complete Frame Data Repository - kuroganehammer.com

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

KuroganeHammer is a website designed to host frame data of all the characters in Smash 4 presented in a way that's easy to navigate and read.

Please leave feedback, bug reports or errors you've noticed here.

Feel free to ask any other questions too!

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Awesome work!

Do you intend to add move properties such as eclectic and the various hit lag multipliers?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Awesome work!

Do you intend to add move properties such as eclectic and the various hit lag multipliers?
I think so yeah. I kinda wanted to make a page for all character moves that goes in depth but that might take too long.

It also then means... Where is the room to add things like hitlag multipliers and attributes? Is it really that useful in the long run?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Great work as always.

Small recommendation, data for jab transitions would be a great addition. Some people I've directed to the site have been misinterpreting the data to mean that their jab2 starts after jab1's FAF, and I'm sure people would like to know how quickly they can put out another hitbox after a jab.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Electric attributes can be handy. More hitlag means more time to DI/SDI. So hitlag modifiers are certainly not wasted information. Others like Fire and Darkness don't have any gameplay differences. Stun and bury attributes are also notable as well for obvious reasons.

This work is impressive. I do have one small recommendation. Regarding moves that have "aerial target only" and "ground target only" hitboxes, I noticed you color coded them red and blue. Could you put a color key telling us which of the two is ground and which is air for the characters that have these?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Great work as always.

Small recommendation, data for jab transitions would be a great addition. Some people I've directed to the site have been misinterpreting the data to mean that their jab2 starts after jab1's FAF, and I'm sure people would like to know how quickly they can put out another hitbox after a jab.
But space

Maybe I could try (T: #) next to FAF.

Electric attributes can be handy. More hitlag means more time to DI/SDI. So hitlag modifiers are certainly not wasted information. Others like Fire and Darkness don't have any gameplay differences. Stun and bury attributes are also notable as well for obvious reasons.

This work is impressive. I do have one small recommendation. Regarding moves that have "aerial target only" and "ground target only" hitboxes, I noticed you color coded them red and blue. Could you put a color key telling us which of the two is ground and which is air for the characters that have these?
Red is for ground and blue is for sky :D

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The Pits' Nair is actually frame 5 and not 4. Animation doesn't match the hitboxes. (Whelp...) Dunno if the other hits are correct.

I'd also appreciate seeing the frame data for the breaking animation and the windbox data on Guardian Orbitars.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The Pits' Nair is actually frame 5 and not 4. Animation doesn't match the hitboxes. (Whelp...) Dunno if the other hits are correct.

I'd also appreciate seeing the frame data for the breaking animation and the windbox data on Guardian Orbitars.
It should be frame 4.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It should be frame 4.
Not from what I'm seeing. Using the frame advance method I can advance it precisely four frames before it hits... And I'm pretty sure it's not me because I can get Pit's Dair to hit on frame 10 just fine.

That and the move is pretty terrible at breaking out of things it theoretically should.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That method isn't as reliable as a capture card.

I just cross referenced Dantarion's dump, sixriver and LordWilliam's data and all of them say frame 4.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That method isn't as reliable as a capture card.

I just cross referenced Dantarion's dump, sixriver and LordWilliam's data and all of them say frame 4.
Hm... Well, his page doesn't say anything about a hitbox on frame 5. Any chance those sources say something like that? Because it could just be that I'm not hitting with the frame 4 hitbox.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Hm... Well, his page doesn't say anything about a hitbox on frame 5. Any chance those sources say something like that? Because it could just be that I'm not hitting with the frame 4 hitbox.
Using Dantarion's dump, scroll down a bit for the entry AttackAirN. You'll find hitbox data (knockback values, damage, hitbox position) on asynchronous timer 4 - Frame 4. I'm actually not sure how to interpret what a looping hitbox is with data alone. Like, what's the difference between a looping hitbox and a move with a rehit rate? But one thing's for sure. It starts on frame 4.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Using Dantarion's dump, scroll down a bit for the entry AttackAirN. You'll find hitbox data (knockback values, damage, hitbox position) on asynchronous timer 4 - Frame 4. I'm actually not sure how to interpret what a looping hitbox is with data alone. Like, what's the difference between a looping hitbox and a move with a rehit rate? But one thing's for sure. It starts on frame 4.
Looping moves tend to have frames where no hitboxes are generated, rehit rate hitboxes have a hitbox there all the time which constantly refreshes on hit every so many frames.

This makes it useful for hitting ledge vulnerability.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Looping moves tend to have frames where no hitboxes are generated, rehit rate hitboxes have a hitbox there all the time which constantly refreshes on hit every so many frames.

This makes it useful for hitting ledge vulnerability.
Ahh, that explains the difference. So Pit's Nair will always have hits on frame 4,7,10, as opposed to a move with a rehit rate of 3 that starts at 4. The latter example of the attack could potentially have hits on 5, 8,and 11 or other possibilities depending on when the target enters the attack. I'll keep an eye out for this distinction of multihit moves in the future.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Ahh, that explains the difference. So Pit's Nair will always have hits on frame 4,7,10, as opposed to a move with a rehit rate of 3 that starts at 4. The latter example of the attack could potentially have hits on 5, 8,and 11 or other possibilities depending on when the target enters the attack. I'll keep an eye out for this distinction of multihit moves in the future.
Yes. It's why Fortress beats neutral ledge get up.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Not from what I'm seeing. Using the frame advance method I can advance it precisely four frames before it hits... And I'm pretty sure it's not me because I can get Pit's Dair to hit on frame 10 just fine.

That and the move is pretty terrible at breaking out of things it theoretically should.
Using my frame skip method I can confirm that it hits on frame 4.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
If you're frame advancing you should do the input when you are out of jump squat otherwise it'll interfere.
Got it.

Although it's just weird how a 4 frame jumpsquat plus a frame 4 Nair would come out on frame 9... This should be impossible with frame advance, right? Although I think I remember Shaya saying something about certain actions (something to do with shielding in specific?) lasting for a non-exact number of frames.

Kinda getting off the rails though, so whatever.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Using the frame skip method, pit's jump-squat is 5 frames; Dair hits on frame 10 by itself; buffering Dair during the jump-squat frames naturally makes it hit on frame 15 all up. What's the problem here? (and no... I don't have a 3ds...)

Truth35777

Smash Sap
I just want to express my sincere thanks to everyone who contributed towards the completion of this project.

It is an invaluable compendium for players, and I find the ability to study the properties of all characters actions at this level fascinating.

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Amazing work......but....

Would it be possible to also list the frame when power shield happens, how long they are active, ending lag of power shielding [if any] , when normal shielding occurs and it ending lag? I'm having a lot of trouble of finding that info on smashboards and I know it's out there.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Powershield is 1-3. There is no end lag to powershielding something other than the shieldstun from a move.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Powershield is 1-3. There is no end lag to powershielding something other than the shieldstun from a move.
Great. Does this mean that power shields don't suffer from shield hitlag, so high shield hitlag attacks are less safe on a power shield?

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Not exactly an error but I notice you have nothing for Yoshi's double jump, or double jump frame data in general, would be a helpful addition, especially for characters with unique double jump properties.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Not exactly an error but I notice you have nothing for Yoshi's double jump, or double jump frame data in general, would be a helpful addition, especially for characters with unique double jump properties.
All double jumps are frame 1 and "double jump air time" wouldn't have much practical use because it's entirely dependent on how close to the ground you are when you input it, so all that would be left is Yoshi's super (?) armour frames. I don't think there are any other characters with unique DJ properties.

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
All double jumps are frame 1 and "double jump air time" wouldn't have much practical use because it's entirely dependent on how close to the ground you are when you input it, so all that would be left is Yoshi's super (?) armour frames. I don't think there are any other characters with unique DJ properties.
Oh.

I still want Yoshi's DJ armor frame data to be accessible tho lol. Yoshi's armor is percentage based heavy armor btw.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This lists his DJ heavy armor as 1-69f

Personal testing suggests it's knockback based armor that seems to break against attacks with a launch speed of 77(76.xx?) or higher. ~110% for Rosalina bair, ~100% for Luma bair, ~15% for Luma dair, 0% for Luma uair.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I guess it's actually 111% for Rosa bair

Armor breaks after 120 KB then.

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I always thought that Yoshi didn't have jump armor in the initial frames, interesting.

GunGuts

Smash Cadet
I'm curious about Shulk's aerials. He's the only character whose autocancel windows come after the FAF of every aerial. What does that mean? Does he still experience landing lag on the FAF and after?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Does he still experience landing lag on the FAF and after?
Correct.

Do a full jump bair and you'll see Shulk lands with bair landing lag. Since he's able to act before landing from this though, you can fit in a less laggy aerial such as nair to reduce your landing lag, or double jump to avoid having to land.

Top Bottom