• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MEME]PQuantum

Smash Rookie
NNID
PrivateQuantum
I actually don't know how to stream using OBS and record at the same time. What is your link? I'm currently trying to get a YoutubeChannel off the ground myself so we could split up the episodes from pre-top 8 and top 8 on separate channels

[MEME]PQuantum

Smash Rookie
NNID
PrivateQuantum
Because this event was set up for Smash 4 I would only be recording/streaming smash 4 however if you own a laptop and capture card that can record footage (dont want to have 2 streams on one wifi router) for PM or Melee that would work out well!

Last edited:

[MEME]PQuantum

Smash Rookie
NNID
PrivateQuantum
ATTENTION: As of 9:05 Monday 18, 2015 Registration for the tournament is closed.

If you are bring a set up please arrive at 12:00 and if you aren't then please arrive for registration/friendlies at 12:30. It is vital that we get everything set up before we start frendlies.

Sjin

Smash Cadet
IMPORTANT UPDATE:!!!!!!: THE VENUE IS BEING CHANGED TO
3324 Deering Bay Dr, Naperville, IL 60564
It's still in my neighborhood, just a bigger building that I've rented out for the day so we can accommodate the 35+ that are now attending this tournament. As I did have to rent it, THERE WILL BE A $5 VENUE FEE FOR ALL ENTRANTS. PLEASE READ THIS AND DO NOT FORGOT YOUR MONEY. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes anyone, but my house simply could not hold an event with that many people. Also, since we now have a larger venue, REGISTRATION IS BACK OPEN. If you were hoping to attend and then saw Quantam's post last night, you're in luck! I hope to see you all there on saturday, and I'm really excited for this event. :D
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3324 Deering Bay Dr, Naperville, IL 60564/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x880ef6fe995323d1:0x39e26a698dcd61?sa=X&ei=emFaVeKuK8HAsAXfqYGoBg&ved=0CB0Q8gEwAA (Google maps link to the new venue)
It's basically down the street from my house (though not on the exact same street), so if you'd planned on coming here the change will not affect travel time AT ALL. It's literally a five minute WALK from here, 30 seconds drive.

Last edited:

Sjin

Smash Cadet
If someone could notify Ordrint to change the OP that'd be great, but I have no way of getting ahold of him quickly. Hopefully he sees soon either way

[MEME]PQuantum

Smash Rookie
NNID
PrivateQuantum
RULE CHANGE: (All Games) Gentlemans rule- Of both players decide on a stage you may go to that stage

If there are any rule disputes contact one of the three TO's
1. ShadySjin
2. PrivateQuantum
3. HostageClam

Sjin

Smash Cadet
Thanks man! I would rather it be free, but we're at the point where it's gotten too big for that lol

Sjin

Smash Cadet
Just a reminder that more can come now. Our new venue can hold up to 65, so bring your friends, family, random strangers, dogs, cats, birds, fish, or cardboard cutouts of m2k.

Hostageclam

Smash Cadet
NNID
flood0f72
Just a reminder that more can come now. Our new venue can hold up to 65, so bring your friends, family, random strangers, dogs, cats, birds, fish, or cardboard cutouts of m2k.
can i bring my cardboard cut out of Chillin's head with "My b" written on it for if I lose?

Last edited:

AznPouch

Smash Rookie
Can we still play melee and pm if we are late? Have graduation photos to take till 2 pm

Hostageclam

Smash Cadet
NNID
flood0f72
Can we still play melee and pm if we are late? Have graduation photos to take till 2 pm
Friendlies will be available through the day, but tournament matches will take priority. The 5 dollar venue fee will apply to anybody who comes to play friendlies.

Hostageclam

Smash Cadet
NNID
flood0f72
Do you guys still need a gamecube setup? I dont have melee so not sure whether to bring it or not
Yes, always looking for set ups. Even if you don't have the game and the console isn't used, its always great to have it there just in case.

Sjin

Smash Cadet
Quick question for anyone bringing a setup. Does that include a tv? I wanna get a count so I know how many outlet strips i'll need to bring. I currently have 3 tvs for sm4sh and one for pm/melee myself, so we WILL need a few people to step up for a couple more. Sorry for the late notice, I've been busy as hell the last few days trying to get customs set up for sm4sh and trying to nail down some other stuff (also school).

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
I can bring a tiny crt if needed and a wii. I have melee and brawl but no pm SD card.

Edit: I'll need a melee memory card though, my file doesn't have dl64

Last edited:

Sjin

Smash Cadet
Please do. Save files are copyable so we can get you one from someone else

WherIsUrGodzilla

Smash Rookie
Hey there! 2 of my friends and I would like to attend! Are you still accepting participants? We have nothing going on today and wanted to finally get some tourney play in this year. We're about 45min away and would plan on getting there at 1.

Please let me know!

Hostageclam

Smash Cadet
NNID
flood0f72
Hey there! 2 of my friends and I would like to attend! Are you still accepting participants? We have nothing going on today and wanted to finally get some tourney play in this year. We're about 45min away and would plan on getting there at 1.

Please let me know!
Yes, we have open registration as of right now, as we moved to a larger venue. Feel free to come!

Hostageclam

Smash Cadet
NNID
flood0f72
Awesome! Add 3 more to your rsvp list!

Also, Im assuming you have a GC controller adapter for your Smash4 setup? If not, we can supply one.
We do have some, but the more the better. It's always better to have too many than to have too few. If you're able to bring full set ups or TVs, that would be much appreciated as well.

Hostageclam

Smash Cadet
NNID
flood0f72
Also, some quick reminders for everybody coming today;
  • There will be food and drinks there, however there will only be as much as people bring, so please bring snacks! Nothing huge or anything, just a bag of chips, pack of cookies, bottle of soda, anything you can bring will help!
  • There IS a $5 venue fee, as we had to change venues at the last minute last week. Registration for all tournaments will still be free.
  • Anybody coming to play friendlies will be subject to the $5 venue fee. Friendlies will be available to be played throughout the day, however all tournament games will take priority over friendlies.
  • Please try and show up by 12:45 for registration. We're hoping to start play at 1:15 or so. If you are unable to, please let myself, Sjin, or PrivateQuantum know ahead of time.
  • Please please please bring set ups, as well as HDMI monitors/TVs and CRTs. We need them for all games.
  • The Wii U tournament will be streamed live at http://www.twitch.tv/privatequantum. If you are interested in commentating, feel free to let us know at the tournament.
  • Come and have fun!

WherIsUrGodzilla

Smash Rookie
We do have some, but the more the better. It's always better to have too many than to have too few. If you're able to bring full set ups or TVs, that would be much appreciated as well.
I may be able to supply a smash 4 setup. Ill get back to you on that. The only thing in question would be the HDMI tv.

Edit: We will be able to bring a full Smash4 setup.

Last edited:

poopymum

Smash Rookie
Checked out the stream :D I'll be in for next tourney. Was chatting under MadisiLoL on stream.

protomanfan25

Smash Rookie
I agree with Casval, that was good fun! I senceriely hope we do it again!

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
I'd encourage everyone in this thread to check out the Chicago Smash 4 group on Facebook. A lot of members there live out in the suburbs, it'd be a great way to promote these events as well as finding other nearby events to go to.

Also let's get the brackets uploaded here

Sjin

Smash Cadet
I want to personally thank you all for coming out last weekend. It was a lot of fun, and even though melee and PM had some issues with setups, sm4sh turned out great and I'm really looking forward to hosting another one of these. I'll keep you all posted about the next one, and thank you again to all of you, especially @ Hostageclam Hostageclam (you really made the event great and it would have been a complete disaster without all of your help, man) for coming out and helping make it a great time!

Top Bottom