• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Gamecube Controller Adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
So the Gamecube controller adapter for Wii U was recently announced, but does anyone think that there is a possibility for a 3DS adapter as well if there was a high enough demand for it? Whether you support this idea or not, what do you think that the functionality of this would be? Would it be inconvenient to use a controller with a handheld system?

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
So the Gamecube controller adapter for Wii U was recently announced, but does anyone think that there is a possibility for a 3DS adapter as well if there was a high enough demand for it? Whether you support this idea or not, what do you think that the functionality of this would be? Would it be inconvenient to use a controller with a handheld system?
who carrys a gamecube controller around for a portable system
ok now unless it connects a different way. i don't thin it would be good idea i mean if your going somewhere and u want to take it you have to carry the controller unless u wear a backpack everywhere. i mean no offense to you at all

Last edited:

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I never necessarily said that this was a good idea, just that it could be possible if people were demanding it, similarly to the Wii U adapter being wanted by so many people, then magically Nintendo makes one. Maybe they could release a new 3DS that is shaped like a Gamecube controller. Jk

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
just incase nintendo does do this i will save my rant

CaSTEELO

Smash Rookie
NNID
CaSTEELO
3DS FC
0963-0535-1293
Majority would laugh. Majority would still use it. :joyful:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
No, just no. Portable systems do not and should not use controllers like that. It defeats the purpose of a mobile device. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would look to use a controller bigger than the system you're playing on? If the 3DS had the option to stream to a TV, it would be fine. Otherwise, it would just be silly.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Eh, the XL screen is big enough I could be chill with this.

Functionality would be wireless.And work in other games. It wouldn't be great for portable play, but if you can stand your 3ds on a table and tilt the screen, all good.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
I have a better idea. Let's convince Nintendo to make a 3DS adapter for GameCube controller.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
No thanks. I don't need a Gamecube controller to play Smash.

(I really don't get the fixation the Smash fandom have with this controller).

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
No thanks. I don't need a Gamecube controller to play Smash.

(I really don't get the fixation the Smash fandom have with this controller).
It's the same fixation SF players have with 6 button layouts.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Not really, SF one is fairly more understandable, in my humble opinion. Having 6 inputs of similar type all around the gamepad is a little confusing. In Smash it's like the reverse of this problem, on a normal pad Smash inputs of different importance are close to each other.

Moczan

Smash Rookie
I would definitely like to have a controller for 3DS, just for the fact that Smash4 release will mean death to triggers and circle pad.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If it was something that could holster the 3DS in it, I would be down for it.

Something similar to those Android phone controllers you see:

SupermanNKO

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4570-8405-1628
ya i dont know how people would be able to put their 2ds/3ds/3ds xl down somewhere to even hold the controler, but if it was something like pictured that could help with that, then that would be pretty cool, other wise i think the 3ds version wont be having that controller, now i am pumped however for the wiiu gamecube attachment, that thing is amazing

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'd like to see something like that. Like Moczan said, this game is be hell on the buttons, the triggersm and especially the circle pad. If Nintendo doesn't release a controller, I wonder what they'll do about the increase wear on the 3ds' controls.

BanjoK&MarioBros

Smash Cadet
Gamecube controller for the 3DS...? Please tell me you're joking. You're joking, right?

Melee fanboys got what they wanted, a real GC controller adapter for Wii U. But this is just too much IMO..

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
The sooner Nintendo weans Smash players off the GCN controller, the better. It's not gonna be around forever; no controller for any console has ever lasted so long. I was half disappointed that the adapter was even announced, because while I'll be happy to use it and think it will help bring GCN VC to the Wii U (because Nintendo was too stupid to put analog triggers on the Wii U controllers), it's technically a step backwards and is only going to make it harder for Smash players when it's finally gone. I reeeeally hope the 3DS-GCN adapter does not happen, it's ludicrous and unnecessary and counter-productive. The 3DS's buttons and circle pad will be just fine; heck, I'd prefer the 3DS over the Wiimote, the Nunchuk, or the Classic Controller (that thing's crazy uncomfortable, even the Pro version), and all three of those I've used at one point or another in Brawl.

Last edited:

Over9000chainz

Smash Rookie
Can't imagine how ridiculous the contraption would look for a 2DS. Would look even dumber for a 3DS XL. If you mean a device to plug your controller into the 3DS,might as well just sell your 3s and save up for a Wii u.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
There really isn't a need for one. The game cube controller is good and all, but it isn't as good. People have been playing way too long on that thing and just refuse to adapt. It wouldn't take more than an hour to adjust to a different controller.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Gamecube controller for the 3DS...? Please tell me you're joking. You're joking, right?

Melee fanboys got what they wanted, a real GC controller adapter for Wii U. But this is just too much IMO..
Yeah, this was mostly a theory about how because Nintendo was influenced into making an adapter for the Wii U if they could potentially also be influenced into making one for the 3DS too. (If there was a demand for it that is)

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
Yeah, no. The GCN controller is in most cases the same size or larger than a 3DS. Having an adapter for the 3DS sounds just wrong. Honestly I don't see anything wrong with adapting the 3DS' controller scheme, nor do I see it as difficult.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm agree with most of you guys, a GCN adapter wouldn't work for the 3DS. My concern is what Nintendo is going to do about the wear on the 3DS from these games.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
It's so funny since the controller itself is bigger, or at least wider, than the system itself.

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
I'm agree with most of you guys, a GCN adapter wouldn't work for the 3DS. My concern is what Nintendo is going to do about the wear on the 3DS from these games.
I've been using my 3DS for about 21/2 years and my buttons haven't worn down that much, if at all.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I've been using my 3DS for about 21/2 years and my buttons haven't worn down that much, if at all.
The 3DS came out 3 years ago...
The reason I'm concerned is because there is no fast-paced video game on the 3DS aside from the new Smash. This new game will defintely test the durability of the 3DS. If the 3DS does fail, Nintendo is going to have to do something about it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The 3DS came out 3 years ago...
The reason I'm concerned is because there is no fast-paced video game on the 3DS aside from the new Smash. This new game will defintely test the durability of the 3DS. If the 3DS does fail, Nintendo is going to have to do something about it.
Kid Icarus Uprising is pretty fast-paced.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Kid Icarus Uprising is pretty fast-paced.
Really? I've never played the game. If it can withstand that, I hope it can withstand Smash.

On the topic of the CGN adapter, I don't think it will be necessary if the Circle Pad Pro is compatible. The only thing the CGN controller has over the 3DS' controls is the C-Stick. If the Circle Pad Pro works with the game and functions like the C-Stick, then there is no reason to have a CGN adapter.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah, KI: Uprising is quite fast paced. And then there is Street Fighter 3D, Tekken, Dead or Alive, and Mario Kart 7.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
It'll probably look like this if it was made lol

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As much as I like the Gamecube Controller, that seems really unnecessary. I'm sure we'll be fine with the 3DS itself.

Khao

Smash Lord
Omg that'd be awful.

Even using a separate controller while playing on the Wii U's gamepad feels stupidly awkward as opposed to just using the gamepad's buttons, it'd be even worse with a screen that's almost half the size.

It'll probably look like this if it was made lol
This, however, I could get behind. I doubt I'd ever get one, but it's not such a bad idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom