• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3ds controls feel more responsive and accurate?

Do you feel as though 3ds control are more responsive ?

• yes

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • no

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • possibly , but im not sure

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
I play both versions and i have to say i keep coming back to 3ds mainly because i feel as though movement on the wii u version almost feels like it has a very slight lag to it , has anyone else noticed this ? when im playing 3ds there seems to be a better response with the joy stick and the character actually moving.(im not referring to using the 3ds as a controller for the wii u, im referring to each separate game)

Wonder_Chef

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5129-1632-4146
There's a chance that the TV/Monitor you're playing the Wii U version on could have lag, which is making you feel this way. What kind are you using?

Pale Tuna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sdarian
I also feel that the 3DS version feels more responsive than the Wii U one. It might be due to the wireless control options I use? Or it's winter and the weather is stunting my play. xD

Zeafling

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4897-6462-0307
Like Wonder said, I am assuming it is your TV or monitor. Wii U Smash seems to play faster than the one on the 3ds, and that wouldn't really be possible if the response times were slower.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Like Wonder said, I am assuming it is your TV or monitor. Wii U Smash seems to play faster than the one on the 3ds, and that wouldn't really be possible if the response times were slower.
They're the same speed, though... Nintendo has time and time again said gameplay is identical.

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
If you have an HDTV, there's gonna be a little input lag. Nothing major, but it's there. Luckily, the game isn't so fast-paced as to where a little delay will screw you over...that much.

Khao

Smash Lord
Yah, probably just your TV.

Do it have a gaming mode? If so, are you using it?

To know if you're getting lag, try comparing the response time of your TV screen to the Gamepad screen. The Gamepad's is usually really ****ing good for some reason.

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Definitely not. Wii U feels far more fluid and responsive.
It's probably just your TV.

Zeafling

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4897-6462-0307
But that in absolutely no way makes the game play faster. Sure YOU play the game faster. But the game does not go faster.
That makes no sense. By my opponent playing faster and me playing faster, the game goes faster. Consider if both players in a chess game took 5 minutes per turn, and another pair of people made their moves almost instantaneously. Group 2's game went faster because they played faster.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
No, because sometimes my 3DS's circle pad will mistakenly input smash attacks rather than tilts, and it's annoying.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
No, because sometimes my 3DS's circle pad will mistakenly input smash attacks rather than tilts, and it's annoying.
This has never happened to me.
I mean, I instantly figured out that to perform smash attacks on the 3DS I have to tilt the joystick first, and a split second later press the attack button.

I also feel the 3DS control is slightly tighter than the Wii U version, but that must be because I'm much more used to it.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
This has never happened to me.
I mean, I instantly figured out that to perform smash attacks on the 3DS I have to tilt the joystick first, and a split second later press the attack button.

I also feel the 3DS control is slightly tighter than the Wii U version, but that must be because I'm much more used to it.
I had to get mine changed out for a plastic one when I broke my rubber one playing the demo, that's probably why.

Colonel Shubb Shubb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4484-9916-4119
Yeah, same here. I don't have a Wii U, so the only time I play Smash on it is at a friend's place. And still, I find the the pro controller much better to play on than the 3DS.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Playing offline on the Wii U, it doesn't lag at all for me. When I go online, it seems to have some delay. This is for the pro controller. The gamepad feels much worse online. I don't have that problem on the 3ds unless it is because of the internet connection.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
If you're using a non-wired controller then this may happen.

Top Bottom