• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Before 1.0.4, Gordos interacted oddly with Dedede's airdodge and nair. As of 1.0.4 this is no longer the case.

Last edited:

Cecil-

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3067-5117-1564
Seems like Robin's Nosferatu no longer heals more the more he/she is damaged. Can someone corroborate that?

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Alright am I the only one who thinks all of Sheik's nerfs still isn't enough? Maybe I'm just salty from getting bodied by Sheik players who just spam bair after a down throw and end up 0-KOing me at like 40%. Seriously they need to decrease that moves combo potential, because it has too much hitstun and too little knockback making what I mentioned above possible.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Alright am I the only one who thinks all of Sheik's nerfs still isn't enough? Maybe I'm just salty from getting bodied by Sheik players who just spam bair after a down throw and end up 0-KOing me at like 40%. Seriously they need to decrease that moves combo potential, because it has too much hitstun and too little knockback making what I mentioned above possible.
Not the place to discuss this. This thread's devoted to finding the changes the patch had. Not discussing nerfs.

ThatUnoGuy

Smash Rookie
Why did you change the buffs to red text? It was much more readable before when nerfs were red and buffs were green

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Why did you change the buffs to red text? It was much more readable before when nerfs were red and buffs were green
because how do you define a buff?

Look at Lucina's, her jab BKB and KBG was reduced, but would you call it a nerf? Or a buff?

So I decided to go with last patch > this patch with red text denoting what was last patch.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
personally, I would say any percentage raises on moves should be a different color between lowered percents. They do not have to be classified as a buff or nerf, but just that the colors are referring to if percent damage rose or fell.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Yeah knockback growth stuff can be either way (unless it's solely a kill move), but % damage increases/decreases are in nearly all scenarios clear as buffing/nerfing.
Well I am not saying that we have to distinguish the colors as nerfs/buffs, but as increase/decrease. The reader can then decide what to think of that.

D

Deleted member

Well I can tell you 3 things:

-Duck hunt nair now has a larger hitbox
-Duck hunt upair hitboxes have been tweaked to be more consistent with the animation.
-Charizards rock smash shield damage has been nerfed.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
Is there any way to confirm new changes on the opening post over time? I see last edited but I have no way of knowing what was discovered unless I like compare it with a previous screen shot or something.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Is there any way to confirm new changes on the opening post over time? I see last edited but I have no way of knowing what was discovered unless I like compare it with a previous screen shot or something.
there's like, 200 edits to the OP, so no, sorry.

Was there something you were looking for?
combo moves becoming potentially more combo-able?
That's getting subjective. I think it's safe to say Mario's up tilt got 'nerfed', even if the engine [changes] makes it better.
i wouldn't say it's subjective

But

If people want it to be red for value decreases and blue/green for value increases I guess I'd be happy to change it to that.

I would probably change it to blue to make sure people realize it's a CHANGE and not necessarily a buff

Uniit

Another random dude
Why not using red for nerfs, green to buffs, and blue to changes ?

In web sites, red is used because it imply negative or error, green is positive or success, and blue is for neutral or information.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure :4megaman: got a bigger tornado (up-air). Visually and hitbox. My friend even noted he could no longer DI out of it

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Updated the OP, going to bed now

Have a few other things I can put up so I will continue to work on this tomorrow.

If I ignored you it means your change probably wasn't a thing. If you really, really think it is, let me know and I'll let you know if it's placebo or not.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer
Dedede's fair change should read 13%→12% rather than 14%→13%.

Falco's fair change should read X-pos instead of Z-pos.

Kirby, Jiggs, and Toon Link are listed under "No changes found" while having listed bugfixes, while other bugfix-only characters like Wario aren't listed there.

Unlisted change: Sheik's needles have around ~5f more end lag on them.

I think that's all I have to complain about for now. ❤

Last edited:

EOE

Smash Apprentice
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer The bugfix listed regarding Peach's footstool > N-air shouldn't be in the OP because no bug ever existed and both her footstool and N-air are unchanged.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
there's like, 200 edits to the OP, so no, sorry.

Was there something you were looking for?
Instead of just saying "updated first post" why not add notes of what was updated? It just takes a simple c/p with just added x and removed x. Seems like we're willing to say WHEN the op is updated even if it is 200.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Instead of just saying "updated first post" why not add notes of what was updated? It just takes a simple c/p with just added x and removed x. Seems like we're willing to say WHEN the op is updated even if it is 200.
i am secretly nintendo and don't want to make patch notes of patch notes

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Its presence there is to highlight the fact that the 0-death is no longer possible.
It is, though. The 0-death was unaffected by the patch. Nintendo would have to alter how Peach's footstool works, change the trajectory knockback of a turnip, or make N-air always sweetspot to remove the lock. In the WiiU version, the turnip knockback has been changed. However, nothing other than the two bugfixes mentioned in the OP has been changed regarding Peach in 1.0.4.

Someone mentioned it not working when the patch was first released and a lot of people have assumed that to be true.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It is, though. The 0-death was unaffected by the patch. Nintendo would have to alter how Peach's footstool works, change the trajectory knockback of a turnip, or make N-air always sweetspot to remove the lock. In the WiiU version, the turnip knockback has been changed. However, nothing other than the two bugfixes mentioned in the OP has been changed regarding Peach in 1.0.4.

Someone mentioned it not working when the patch was first released and a lot of people have assumed that to be true.
Yes, I can confirm it.

Goddamn misinformation.

Oh well! I might go post this topic on reddit nao!

Edit: OH Samuraipanda already had lol

Edit: I have changed the colours

Last edited:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yes, I can confirm it.

Goddamn misinformation.

Oh well! I might go post this topic on reddit nao!

Edit: OH Samuraipanda already had lol

Edit: I have changed the colours
LOL I think we both felt like this changelog is more-or-less complete. Other than some obscure Dantarion info, its pretty damn good.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah pretty much, I know there are still some undocumented changes left, but for the amount we have on a game with NO indication of wtf even changed, I think the community has done well.

I'll continue adding to the OP for things I find, or things people tell me that I can verify.

Let's keep this stickied until the inevitable 1.0.5 comes around D:

Justin Wilsom

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
I'd like a vote to change Lil Mac's name to Lil Crap after being the character with the most amount of losses in For Glory mode and still getting nerfed by Sakurai without addressing his flaws to compensate.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Speaking of final smashes, is that what pit_three is? There's a bunch of various changes to that, mostly timer related.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Speaking of final smashes, is that what pit_three is? There's a bunch of various changes to that, mostly timer related.
I would say that it is 100% likely that pit_three is a file used in Pit's Three Sacred Treasure's Final Smash.

pit_lightarrow, pit_chargeshot and pit_lightpillar are the hitbox files for the Final Smash as well.

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
Small correction for Yoshi: down-b still slides on slopes, but you no longer slide off edges and cancel the endlag. Also, it seems like all bugs regarding his up b are gone, not just the teleggporting. No more super slide or super jump.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
i am secretly nintendo and don't want to make patch notes of patch notes
Great reference and all but that's not a good excuse. Oh well, I still appreciate this thread and I'll just compare old updates to new myself. It was just a suggestion after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom