• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986

Kenjin

Smash Cadet
I can confirm some things:

When you're ejected Vertically, nothing happends when you input down.
You now survive longer when you input left right (DI)
You die EARLIER when you input up, so you're still punished if you make a bad VI.

When you're ejected horizontally, VI is still the same.

Tainic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tainic
3DS FC
5327-2155-2373
Qu'est-ce que c'est? Quel arte? Les bleus, les jaunes, ou les rouges? Je sais que les bleus sont difficiles faire parce qu'ils sont les artes diagonals. Je ne sais pas lequel est latéral. :p
*sont difficiles à faire :4ganondorf:

So does that mean DI is back ? nice

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Please, can someone test Pit and Dark Pit changes ?
I heard D.Pit arrows are easier to control, and Pit Guardian Orbitars are easier to be broken.
If anyone can confirm this and test other things, I'll be happy.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I heard D.Pit arrows are easier to control, and Pit Guardian Orbitars are easier to be broken.
I would literally be testing this right now if I hadn't misplaced my 1.0.4 3DS. Darn it.

Captain L

Smash Champion
jigglypuff can now SH bair without landing lag

if someone with 1.0.3 can verify that this wasn't possible pre-patch that'd be cool

I might actually second her again now, the lack of SH bair was a huge turnoff

PurpleBanana

Smash Rookie
I don't know if they changed grabs or something, but I've been playing against a dr mario as greninja for the past 10 minutes, and he's doing some melee marth level magnet grabs on me, like I'm on left side of him, he faces right and grabs, i'm pulled into his grab.

Did they change something, or did he just get a grab range buff?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The vectoring changes (and reversion to old-fashioned DI) seems to account for a lot of the changes I thought they made to ZSS. When I performed changes with my friend I asked him to DI as normal, which had different effects than it does before because of the "new" DI system. Fsmash and Up-b etc ARE more reliable now, but it's not because of changes made to the specific moves, but because you can't just hold up to escape them now or whatever (at least not in the same context as before).

I'm really sorry for jumping the gun on the initial change list, and I'll try to be more patient in the future, but at least I know that for the most part I wasn't crazy. It's really hard to discern what has changed without a change list and I obviously made some mistakes here. My bad, will try not to let it happen again.

Last edited:

Kenjin

Smash Cadet
but because you can't just hold up to escape them now or whatever (at least not in the same context as before).
Nope, they made a change to ZSS, cause you can still VI upward, you just can't VI downward (see my previous post on this page)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The vectoring changes (and reversion to old-fashioned DI) seems to account for a lot of the changes I thought they made to ZSS. When I performed changes with my friend I asked him to DI as normal, which had different effects than it does before because of the "new" DI system. Fsmash and Up-b etc ARE more reliable now, but it's not because of changes made to the specific moves, but because you can't just hold up to escape them now or whatever (at least not in the same context as before).

I'm really sorry for jumping the gun on the initial change list, and I'll try to be more patient in the future, but at least I know that for the most part I wasn't crazy. It's really hard to discern what has changed without a change list and I obviously made some mistakes here. My bad, will try not to let it happen again.
You'll be interested to know that u-smash hits 2 frames later now on frame 11 and not 9 though!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
PS dr mario base knockback on fair went from 95 -> 102 on the 15% hit and 85 -> 95 from the rest of the move

someone can edit that in im being lazy

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
So I'm probably super late to this party, but the removal of vectoring makes a lot of these changes make more sense. For example, Mario UTilt lost damage because some of his UTilt strings that you could previously escape by vectoring are now inescapable. Ditto Ness DThrow, which probably allows some guaranteed follow-ups too.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
You'll be interested to know that u-smash hits 2 frames later now on frame 11 and not 9 though!
That's a dumb change, usmash wasn't especially amazing to begin with.

Is there more extensive frame data available anywhere? I haven't seen any and I'd be interested in knowing the data on her other moves.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Arrows are the same and we never understood how the Guardian Orbitars worked in the first place.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
It appears both Vectoring AND DI are now in the game to some extent. DI affects your vertical trajectory now. You can't vector down when you get launched up, but bad Vectoring (holding up when launched) can still get you killed. Vectoring still affects your horizontal launch distance.

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
I can confirm some things:

When you're ejected Vertically, nothing happends when you input down.
You now survive longer when you input left right (DI)
You die EARLIER when you input up, so you're still punished if you make a bad VI.

When you're ejected horizontally, VI is still the same.
I thought it was confirmed that VI is gone when launched vertically? Therefore you don't die earlier if you hold up when launched vertically

Flamecircle

Smash Apprentice
Woah, the diff came out? Time to look at stuff. Too bad the thunder was stolen by weird DIVI stuff.

...how do I tell when something is changed in the diff...

@Dantarion , are version displays correct? I pulled every version sheik(a character known to have changes) and put it into an online text diff, and it said the files were identical every time.

Checking against this: http://i.imgur.com/5LF7aRT.png

In place of game_36's stuff for ike, it just says "pass"

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know if this is mentioned or not, but Rosalina's forward throw and backward throw have much weaker knockback than before.

Forward throw now KOs Mario at an Omega Form stage's center if he has over 250% damage; exactly 253% damage if you want to be accurate. Originally, he only needed to take over 215% damage to get KO'd.

Backward throw now KOs Mario at an Omega Form stage's center if her has over 245% damage. Originally, he only needed to take over 195% damage to get KO'd.

Up throw still KOs Mario at over 210% damage, though to be more accurate, he did get KO'd at 214% damage.

Also, in terms of the up smash, uncharged potentially KOs Mario at over 150% damage, while fully charged up smash potentially KOs him at over 110% damage.

All tests were done in Training on an Omega Form stage, with Mario as the test subject.

Last edited:

felix45

Smash Lord
I ****ing knew rosalina Nair hitbox was changed! It doesn't hit as far away from her as it used to and as a result it does not seem to have the same priority. Her Nair is kinda garbage now, I can't spam it like I used to. It isn't really safe to poke shield with it either.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Now that Dantarion has taken a dump, has anything regarding Kirby been changed... at all? Like, even a frame or two?

Unless I'm being stupid and the thing Dantarion posted won't actually help with that.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
:4ganondorf: GANONDORF
NAIR LANDING LAG : Landing lag reduced significantly
FAIR LANDING LAG
: Landing lag reduced slightly
UAIR LANDING LAG : Landing lag reduced slightly
DAIR LANDING LAG : Landing lag reduced slightly
BAIR LANDING LAG Landing lag reduced slightly​
Fixed

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Shirma Akayaku mentioned to me some other changes that Rosalina received for some of her custom specials.

Launch Star Attack only delivers up to 6 hits now, and it apparently has less knockback as well; Mario needed over 190% damage for the attack to potentially KO him, though this does depend on the angle of Rosalina's attack.

Also, Guardian Luma loses its ability to give Rosalina some extra height. I never tested this myself though.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
Er, it's not that hard to press jump while doing it.
when i press the jump button while running i jump. i don't want to jump. i did find its easier to do if you stop running and then do the up smash. like let go of the analog stick after running and then aim it up immediately. yea i can't really explain it. :/

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
when i press the jump button while running i jump. i don't want to jump. i did find its easier to do if you stop running and then do the up smash. like let go of the analog stick after running and then aim it up immediately. yea i can't really explain it. :/
Press X, up, and A at the same time for a running Usmash, not one after another.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
:4myfriends: looking at some of the code some new things

Confirmed:
-Fair hitbox size increase and hitbox shifted slightly lower vertically. Beginning autocancel changed from 5 to 2 frames.
-Dtilt slightly shorter range
-Range increase on dair with some vertical hitbox shifts
-Dsmash more horizontal knockback

Uncertain:
-Possible ending lag decrease on dash attack
-Possible ending lag decrease on down smash
-Possible ending lag decrease and random tweaks on some specials

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom