• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Are you testing in training mode? I just tested in training mode and they're showing the old percentages. Myran and I used wifi to test, though.
If you test outside of training mode you're getting the freshness bonus, which will skew the statistics.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Last edited:

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
I don't play Greninja at all, but I like that he could shadow-sneak out of aerials. It made playing against him more enjoyable and interesting.

M@v

Subarashii!
Falco's down air has slightly faster startup. Its not at melee/brawl levels but faster than it was before. Can some test side by side/frame data to see how much faster it actually is?

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
I don't play Greninja at all, but I liked that he could shadow-sneak out of aerials. It made playing against him more fun and interesting.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Also, what are the specifics on the nerf to Little Mac's Jab?
"JAB COMBO : Overall damage significantly reduced" is not very specific.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Also, what are the specifics on the nerf to Little Mac's Jab?
"JAB COMBO : Overall damage significantly reduced" is not very specific.
Rapid Jab does less damage per hit. Since it gets a lot of hits, even a <1% reduction adds up.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Falco's down air has slightly faster startup. Its not at melee/brawl levels but faster than it was before. Can some test side by side/frame data to see how much faster it actually is?
No change.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I can tragically confirm there is no additional cooldown to Sonic's u-smash, d-smash, or dash attack.

Only f-smash.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Can confirm Sonic's FSmash indeed has a bit more recovery but it's only like... one or two frames different.

This nerf is almost completely pointless. Doesn't change his FSmash still being a really good poke/spacing tool and none of his other moves have changes.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also confirming the additional cooldown on Sonic's fsmash. It's only by a couple frames though.

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
Actually, Rosalina fair knockback might have been reduced rather than increased, as it combos into jab better, I am told.

Also, her f-smash appears to have reduced knockback: can you confirm?

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Wait what? PacMan can't sent the hydrant flying on one hit any more? Well that sucks...
He still can, just not with Bair. I've seen it reported that Hydrant gained 1 HP, but has anyone confirmed this?

Fsmash still launches it in one hit. I would also like to see Z-dropped Key and Melon tested to see if they launch it, as they did previously.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Actually, Rosalina fair knockback might have been reduced rather than increased, as it combos into jab better, I am told.

With Luma or no?

NairWizard

Somewhere
I went back and read the post. This is apparently what was found, based on dantarion's data-mining:

someone data mined the patch and APPARENTLY...

Rosalina's base knockback on F-Smash is reduced
The first few hits of Rosalina's F-Air received some knockback growth

http://www.twitch.tv/dantarion

you can find under past broadcasts.

Yikarur

Smash Master

I've already confirmed that Rosalinas Fsmash is slightly weaker.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
No idea what you mean. It's multi-hit, right? I'm seeing identical behavior.
I guess the simple way to explain is now the first three hits cause more knockback, making it safe to land while hitting someone with the move. Prior to the patch landing while hitting someone with the move gave opponents enough time to jab Rosa.

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
I think it was 140 strong hit and 123 weak hit.
I had Uair recorded as 143 weak hit 1.0.3 ... or was i just off?

E
DIT: Im just gonna assume i was off. I found it strange that weak hit Uair didn't KO Mario at 150% in 1.0.4 when i remember KOing him before. Guess i just did the weak hit wrong

Last edited:

Kos-MosPlushie

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kos-MosPlushie
He still can, just not with Bair. I've seen it reported that Hydrant gained 1 HP, but has anyone confirmed this?

Fsmash still launches it in one hit. I would also like to see Z-dropped Key and Melon tested to see if they launch it, as they did previously.
Well now I'm thinking about how to use the hydrant. I loved using the b-air because it was quick and easy to send the hydrant at a good direction and angle. This is only a problem since you can't c-stick smash on the 3DS.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I guess the simple way to explain is now the first three hits cause more knockback, making it safe to land while hitting someone with the move. Prior to the patch landing while hitting someone with the move gave opponents enough time to jab Rosa.
Hm, this would be really hard to test without humans. (2 systems on each version.)

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Well now I'm thinking about how to use the hydrant. I loved using the b-air because it was quick and easy to send the hydrant at a good direction and angle. This is only a problem since you can't c-stick smash on the 3DS.
Yes there's no question that the loss of the bair launch is a nerf. If the Zdrop key trick no longer works it's quite a substantial nerf.

Hacky

Smash Cadet
NNID
SN_Hacky
3DS FC
4513-4712-4723
Switch FC
2414 6996 3456
The D3 parenthetical note would be incorrect if Little Mac's Jab 2 and 3 now do 1 damage, each.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
The D3 parenthetical note would be incorrect if Little Mac's Jab 2 and 3 now do 1 damage, each.
They're reduced by 1, not set to 1. This effectively puts Jab 2 on the exact threshold to reflect it. Jab 3 is still way above it, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom