• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaojimbo

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
OSRS#723
NNID
chaojimbo
I hope I'm just not crazy but...

Fox:

• Up-tilt seemed to have less knockback (tested on Sheik) until about 60% when it slightly launched Sheik at an angled direction - the direction the kick goes over Fox's head.

• Returning Fox's blaster feels a couple frames quicker, though this is so minuscule that I think it might be a placebo effect.

• Bair fast-fall landing lag seems reduced? Again, placebo effect.

• Bair seems to require more percent to get the critical spark KO.

• Standard neutral-A kickjabbing has even more knockback?

I would really like confirmation with these! As someone that only plays Fox decently, I would like to know what to address!

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Guys, stop posting stuff you "feel" or "seems like"

We are only accepting stuff that seems to be confirmed via in game testing.
Sorry sorry, it's just that someone reported that earlier and I never explicitly saw it confirmed false.

We should probably include a timestamp on the OP so that it says "All confirmed changes as of _______" or something, then we'd know if something was posted before that but isn't on there, it's false.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
@Yaaay and I have tested Peach's down aerial and we believe it has decreased knockback, which allows better follow-ups. Could you please confirm this?
Side-by-side, it appears the same.

Keep in mind that Peach's aerials are now affected by stale moves while floating, which impacts dair follow-ups a lot.

IReidYou

Smash Rookie
Jr. feels to have 1% more sass. Also sonic appears to have another scuff mark on his left shoe.

Game changers if you ask me.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I trust Hilt's numbers without reconfirming them on my end. They align with what I can remember.

Last edited:

chaojimbo

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
OSRS#723
NNID
chaojimbo
• Pikachu clipping glitch on Corneria and Unova Pokemon League (when stage is slanted) unpatched.
• Meta Knight clipping glitch on Unova Pokemon League (when stage is slanted) unpatched as well.

For those who have no idea what this is, I have some old thread about it somewhere that basically states:

"Using Pikachu's up-special can clip right through various stages."

Meta Knight's down-special has clipped for me only a few times, usually on Unova Pokemon League.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Actually, no one said that it's longer but that now it's accurate. It's not a blatant lie. Before the patch the gab range was actually shorter than the chain. The head of the clawshot would go through the opponent, the grab range being somewhere at 4/5ths of the chain length. That got fixed in that now the range is accurate to the length of the chain. It was a fix, not a buff.
no, it still does, i tested them side by side, the range is exactly the same

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
• Pikachu clipping glitch on Corneria and Unova Pokemon League (when stage is slanted) unpatched.
• Meta Knight clipping glitch on Unova Pokemon League (when stage is slanted) unpatched as well.

For those who have no idea what this is, I have some old thread about it somewhere that basically states:

"Using Pikachu's up-special can clip right through various stages."

Meta Knight's down-special has clipped for me only a few times, usually on Unova Pokemon League.
Confirming that Pit/Dark Pit can still fall through sloped surfaces with ledge attack as well.

trippletc

Smash Rookie
Villagers rockets seem to move at a reduced speed and the angle seems to go downward more quickly- when not riding the rocket at all. Can anyone confirm this?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey, @Myran and I just finished testing Olimar's damage percents:

Red Forward Smash Changed from 17 to 18
Yellow Forward Smash Changed from 14 to 15
Blue Forward Smash Changed from 14 to 15
White Forward Smash Changed from 11 to 12
Purple Forward Smash Changed from 20 to 21

Red Up Smash Changed from 15 to 16
White Up Smash Changed from 10 to 11
Purple Up Smash Changed from 18 to 19

White Down Smash Changed from 8 to 9
Purple Down Smash Changed from 15 to 16

White Forward Air Changed from 6 to 7
Purple Forward Air Changed from 11 to 12

Red Back Air Changed from 12 to 13
Yellow Back Air Changed from 10 to 11
Blue Back Air Changed from 10 to 11
White Back Air Changed from 8 to 9

Red Up Air Changed from 10 to 11
Purple Up Air Changed from 12 to 13

Red Down Air Changed from 10 to 11
Purple Down Air Changed from 12 to 13

White Forward Throw Decreased From 7 to 8

Blue Up Throw 12 to 13

Blue Back Throw 14 to 15

His Pikmin Latch damage has already been noted in the thread, and we confirm it to be accurate.
I am testing this changes now and cannot reproduce a single one of them.

I am getting no damage changes on anything except latch.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
:4zss:
- Paralyzer Shot's uncharged shot has a few more frames of recovery. Full charge is unaffected.
Whoop, have to call incorrect on this, or specifically the second half. The Full Charge is also affected, I did demonstrate that in my video (Here, 1:19).

Last edited:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Can someone test Sonic's fsmash? It appears to have more cooldown but would like someone else with both 1.03 (or earlier) and 1.04 to confirm this.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Also, I was in a For Glory match as DHD against Villager, he ate my can with pocket, but immediately afterwards I was able to use it again, meaning two could show up onscreen. Is this a change? I recall pocket used to be able to steal single-use projectiles before. I don't have my older version handy and even if I did this would be difficult to test out.

Zyrac

Smash Rookie
Holy crap, would people PLEASE stop posting ever little impression they have that something vaguely--

Hm.

Oh.

It kills at 128% in 1.0.4, and 140% at 1.0.3.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
Hehe, thanks! I'm glad they buffed that, 'cause it was kinda stupidly weak. I think up tilt actually killed faster than uncharged up smash before now.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Also, I was in a For Glory match as DHD against Villager, he ate my can with pocket, but immediately afterwards I was able to use it again, meaning two could show up onscreen. Is this a change? I recall pocket used to be able to steal single-use projectiles before. I don't have my older version handy and even if I did this would be difficult to test out.
I don't think it's changed. I tried pocketing ROB's down B just now and he couldn't use it afterwards.

IReidYou

Smash Rookie
Dog was able to produce another can after villager pocketed one. Had an extensive set with a good villager before the patch dropped and definitely remembered this tidbit

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Are you testing in training mode? I just tested in training mode and they're showing the old percentages. Myran and I used wifi to test, though.

Nintenpro

Smash Apprentice
Also, I was in a For Glory match as DHD against Villager, he ate my can with pocket, but immediately afterwards I was able to use it again, meaning two could show up onscreen. Is this a change?
Nothing new (dhd's can isn't considered as an item).

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Are you testing in training mode? I just tested in training mode and they're showing the old percentages. Myran and I used wifi to test, though.
Fresh moves 105% bonus. No stale moves in training, it only shows raw.

Only ever use training mode for data collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom