• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Falcon seems to slide less now, i don't like these changes at all!

* If you do a Dashgrab he would slide really far before, but it seems to go less of a distance now.

* If you try to do a sliding Upsmash with him (Simply Dash + Usmash) you will lose all momentum when you do the Upsmash. Before the patch he would slide much while doing the Upsmash.

Last edited:

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
In training, Falcon's raptor boost no longer auto-kills at 120%. I don't know if it's always been like that against CPU though. So raptor boost could have more range but less killing power.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Knockback on :4megaman:'s aerials seem to have increased bar U-Air (which is nearly impossible to test due to the wind box).

I do have Kill/Knockback %s from before/after, am still doing some testing but F/B/D-Airs seem to have buffed kill %s by 5-10%.

Have been testing on FD Pac Maze (easiest stage to judge the center on) with default Miis (who weigh a neutral 100). Not sure if that's the best way based on what's mentioned in the OP, but it seems to work for me at least.

Tainic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tainic
3DS FC
5327-2155-2373
Yoshi's damage values are the same as before.

testing rob

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Bowser Junior's Dair does a maximum of 9% now as opposed to 12% (according to the Guide on Smashboards). Down Throw does 7% instead of 8% (again according to the Guide).

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
Falcon seems to slide less now, i don't like these changes at all...

* If you do a Dashgrab he would slide really far before, but it seems to go less of a distance now.

* If you try to do a sliding Upsmash with him (Simply Dash + Usmash) you will lose all momentum when you do the Upsmash. Before the patch he would slide much while doing the Upsmash.
The dashgrab seems the same to me, but the sliding upsmash does stop him in his place. I think it was changed like that for all characters though.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
The dashgrab seems the same to me, but the sliding upsmash does stop him in his place. I think it was changed like that for all characters though.
Alright, good to know it was not Falcon specific then!

Pkjoan

Smash Apprentice
Not about a specific character but...

-General Speed of the game slighly increased
-Some characters can Jump faster (Megaman, Meta Knight, Dedede, etc)

About MK:

All I could test is that his Fair is faster.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Pre-Patch, I believe Mario's Back Air did 11% damage. Now it does 10.5%. Can anyone confirm this comparison?

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Pre-Patch, I believe Mario's Back Air did 11% damage. Now it does 10.5%. Can anyone confirm this comparison?
Still have 1.0.3, just tested it. Mario back air does 10.5 damage, hasn't changed.

If anyone needs 1.0.3 info give me a shout, I won't be updating until late tonight.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Nintendo doesn't give patch notes? We'll make our own. Just one of the many reasons i love this community.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Olimar got some buffs. His white Pikmin throw does about 3.7% per tick up from 2.7%, and Pikmin seem to stay attached on longer in general. The others do about .2% less per tick. His dowsmash glitch breaking Pikmin was fixed. His fsmash looks to go farther. And a couple aerials/smashes have had slight damage increase depending on Pikmin color.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I also heard whisperings that Ros's Gravitational Pull has more cooldown, can anyone with both versions confirm this?

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Someone with both versions - could you test pac man's grab tether speed/recovery? @ wildvine47 wildvine47 maybe :)

Last edited:

HiNiTe

Smash Cadet
So we're Dabuz and I wrong about any of Rosalina and Luma changes? Didn't wanna read through 8 pages of posts. >_>
I've read through the thread, the only changes she's really had are already listed in the first post. Otherwise she's unchanged.

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen anything about it and i'm probably wrong, but Does ZSS"s up B have more kill potential? i seem to be able to kill mario at the edge of FD at about 83% from ground start up (without VI) and i'm pretty sure this was higher before. can anyone confirm if i'm wrong?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Sounds the same. I have mostly seen Bair do 10%
I see what the issue is.

Training mode has the same issue in Brawl where damage isn't properly reflected.

Testing it in a vs Match against a Lvl1 CPU, Mario's B-air does 11%. In training mode, Mario's B-air does 10.5%.

Coincidentally, Mario's U-tilt in vs mode does 5%. In training mode, it does 5.5%.

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
Can someone test Falcon's raptor boost auto-killing at 120% and recovery range in the air?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I can confirm that Thunder only gives 1 Oil Panic charge. Samus fully charged shot still gives 3.

Villager Lloyd double hitbox ledge glitch is fixed.

Livink

Smash Rookie
I think Ike F-tilt is faster and his throw ( pretty sure about up throw) deals less knockback.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I see what the issue is.

Training mode has the same issue in Brawl where damage isn't properly reflected.

Testing it in a vs Match against a Lvl1 CPU, Mario's B-air does 11%. In training mode, Mario's B-air does 10.5%.

Coincidentally, Mario's U-tilt in vs mode does 5%. In training mode, it does 5.5%.
No, Training mode just has no stale moves (including freshness bonus) and the damage display always rounds down.

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
Someone please tell me they matched Metaknights smash hit boxs to his animations?
Also interesting they got rid of the meteor. I found it really hard to pull off actually... was it intentional? It wasn't as "obvious" as most spike moves are.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Held Thoron+ does only 28% raw, down from 31%.

Held Thoron does 15%, down from 17%.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Okay so I guess i should explain why I think bowsercide was killed. I'm almost 100% this is the reason and I was kind of keeping it a secret cause i didn't want people getting too entrenched against customs.

But essentially, on stages with ledges low enough to the bottom blastzone, and the customs "Flying fortress" and optionally (but way more potently) the "Dash Claw" let bowser to turn any bowsercide into a one-sided free-kill. Not sure of all the stages it works on, doesn't work on FD or BF. Does work on Yoshi's Island, Arena Ferox, Tomadachi life (easily) most Prism Tower Transformations, and MAYBE some different omegas.

Also, with equipment that increased ledge snap distance, double jump height, or the like he could make it back on FD and BF too. (but we already knew equipment was busted)

So this was pretty necessary if we ever wanted to be able to use customs. But yea, pointless for our current meta.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Held Thoron+ does only 28% raw, down from 31%.

Held Thoron does 15%, down from 17%.
I think this is just the fault of the character you're testing it on slipping past a hit, I'm still seeing 31%/18% and I've seen 28%/15% pop up in previous versions as well.

TheAverageBear

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or is it harder to use Up-Smash during a dash now? Most of the times I try I just end up using the dash attack.
I was just about to post this, I can't pull it off at all after the update. I hope it gets patched back in.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I think this is just the fault of the character you're testing it on slipping past a hit, I'm still seeing 31%/18% and I've seen 28%/15% pop up in previous versions as well.
Retesting.

You are correct. No actual change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom