• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rosalina Match-Up Analysis (Obsolete & Succeeded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tconan

Smash Cadet
Can somebody tell me if going aggressive with Rosalina and Luma against projectile zoners is good or bad? Even though Rosalina and Luma is defensive I tend to go pretty aggressive against such characters like Link, Mega Man, and Robin.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hi, I'll be here to post more later.

Whoever said 65:35 is out of their mind. 60:40 at absolute worst, and u would say closer to even if customs are legal.

I'll be back later though, just firing a quick post at work.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

Whoever said 65:35 is out of their mind. 60:40 at absolute worst, and u would say closer to even if customs are legal.

Well to his credit, he did change it to 6:4.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

How do customs make this MU even for Robin?

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
How do customs make this MU even for Robin?
He's probably referring to Robin's speed thunder. Raziek actually has some videos of him using custom Robin against custom Rosalina in tournaments. I'm sure he will have some insights to share from both sides of the matchup.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Speed Thunder lets Robin get to Arcthunder really fast, and also let him fire Arcthunders at faster than reaction time, which lets him split Rosalina and Luma up quickly enough, and, more importantly, suddenly enough, to capitalize on it.

Robin won't be killing anyone soon with the Speed thunder variant, but with Levin Fair, Uair, and Bair up at bat, it's not a significant loss.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Speed Thunder lets Robin get to Arcthunder really fast, and also let him fire Arcthunders at faster than reaction time, which lets him split Rosalina and Luma up quickly enough, and, more importantly, suddenly enough, to capitalize on it.

Robin won't be killing anyone soon with the Speed thunder variant, but with Levin Fair, Uair, and Bair up at bat, it's not a significant loss.
The charge time is also fast enough to still be reliable even when being zoned with custom star bit shot. Robin will have access to more thoron and arcthunder usage and by extension, thunder tomes, which as mentioned earlier will ko early. Admittedly though, I don't know how things change if we also take into account of Luma warp, if it does change anything.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
He's probably referring to Robin's speed thunder. Raziek actually has some videos of him using custom Robin against custom Rosalina in tournaments. I'm sure he will have some insights to share from both sides of the matchup.
Wouldn't luma warp make it hard to charge speex thunder? Also Rosalina's floaty star bit eats a lot of projectiles how does speed thunder do vs that?

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Wouldn't luma warp make it hard to charge speex thunder? Also Rosalina's floaty star bit eats a lot of projectiles how does speed thunder do vs that?
Presumably luma warp would make things more difficult although it's also possible that by using that, you leave Luma open and as it has been established around, Robin kos Luma easier compared to most character. Also, don't underestimate the charge time of speed thunder especially since you can still do it in increments and those increments are really short compared to the other variations. Unfortunately, I'm not well versed with luma warp so I can't say much more. I assume it would also depend on the stage as well.

Nothing beats thoron. Nothing. Variation doesn't matter. Some projectiles might pass through thoron but nothing will actually beat it.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Presumably luma warp would make things more difficult although it's also possible that by using that, you leave Luma open and as it has been established around, Robin kos Luma easier compared to most character. Also, don't underestimate the charge time of speed thunder especially since you can still do it in increments and those increments are really short compared to the other variations. Unfortunately, I'm not well versed with luma warp so I can't say much more. I assume it would also depend on the stage as well.

Nothing beats thoron. Nothing. Variation doesn't matter. Some projectiles might pass through thoron but nothing will actually beat it.
Is that the goal with custom Robin? Charge as many thorons as possible?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If Rosalina becomes too reliant on Floaty Star Bit, Robin will just pelt her with Speed Thorons. Any other situation, Robin will jump between Elthunders and Arcthunders to keep things going and force premature Gravitational Pulls. It's a bit of back and forth.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Not necessarily, especially since all stages of speed thunder are useful although it might depend on both the player and the matchup. The goal of Speed Thunder is to achieve better zoning and a more consistent neutral. This isn't even just the sentiment of us Robins. Emblem Lord of the Marth boards (just placed 15th in a stacked 100+man tournament yesterday so props to him) said something similar.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Not necessarily. The other Thoron special, Thunder+ increases charge time, durability consumption and damage. It's brutally powerful, and capable of KOing under 100%. Though that's better for heavy weight slowpokes and team fights. Also, what Cardinal said.

Thunder+ is somewhat rare in 1v1, since it's charge time is pretty extensive, and you don't bring a Two-handed battle axe to a knife fight. Especially a two-handed battle axe that breaks after the first use (with Thunder+, you can only get 1 thoron out of it).

Thunder in general (Thunder, El and Arc) will clunk most projectiles, while Thoron will eat them and keep going.

Last edited:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Not necessarily, especially since all stages of speed thunder are useful although it might depend on both the player and the matchup. The goal of Speed Thunder is to achieve better zoning and a more consistent neutral. This isn't even just the sentiment of us Robins. Emblem Lord of the Marth boards (just placed 15th in a stacked 100+man tournament yesterday so props to him) said something similar.
I'm not sure what EL placing has to do with the discussion I'm just curious since I haven't played the MU and don't really know how the projectiles interact with each otger.

Not necessarily. The other Thoron special, Thunder+ increases charge time, durability consumption and damage. It's brutally powerful, and capable of KOing under 100%. Though that's better for heavy weight slowpokes and team fights. Also, what Cardinal said.

Thunder+ is somewhat rare in 1v1, since it's charge time is pretty extensive, and you don't bring a Two-handed battle axe to a knife fight. Especially a two-handed battle axe that breaks after the first use (with Thunder+, you can only get 1 thoron out of it).

Thunder in general (Thunder, El and Arc) will clunk most projectiles, while Thoron will eat them and keep going.
Was talking about speed thunder not thunder+. I'm just theorycrafting though. I'm just curious as to why this MU changes so drastically because of customs. I personally don't see it.

Besides speed thunder what other customs would robin use? I'm assuming 3232 would be the choices for him? I could have the numbers wrong but. I'm not really sure though. Explain Robin's customs a bit more please. Also while I'm skeptical it's mainly because you guys are resorting to a projectile approach vs Rosalina and she has plenty of ways to deal with that.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Robin's Elwind customs are Gliding Elwind and Soaring Elwind. Soaring Elwind sends Robin sky high on the first Wind gust, but he takes so long to throw the second one out that he's set for punishment. Gliding Elwind /could/ have some use against Rosalina, as the sudden shift in horizontal direction can mess her Bair and Dair and Luma attempts up, but the vertical lift GE has is not all that great, and Robin's better off making use of his slightly above-average air speed to maneuver his way back while still having the chance to throw moves out.

The Nosferatu customs, Distant Nosferatu and Goetia, are impractical. Goetia takes much too long to start to make the windbox worth it, and Distant Nosferatu doesn't have the healing scaling Nosferatu does. Robin wants regular Nosferatu for the scaling, and the chance to throw out a "reliable" command grab without Luma interfering.

Thunder+, or specifically, Thoron+, can (barely) be GP'd on reaction, and if Robin's close enough to where Thoron hits him, Robin just saw his stock hit the road at 20%. While the chance to kill Rosalina at 40% is alluring with Thoron+, he sacrifices consistent projectile flow that he gets with regular Thunder and Speed Thunder.

Arcfire+ is bad. Fire Wall ignites a hitbox in front of Robin's feet immediately after casting it, giving him a panic option, so to speak, and there are situations where it could be used with Rosalina. Depends on the player, really.

Robin's approach is not bound to just his projectiles. His lagless Nair and Fair give him enough reach to complement his Thunder spells and Arcfire lobbing to where he can get somewhere along midrange, while also having a fast backroll to bail out if things get dicey. Rosalina can GP and avoid the spells easily, that is true, but Robin's almost immediately back in neutral after that commitment so he can try again. If Rosalina wants to get optimal punishes, she has to act during the startups of the moves, and not when the moves are already out.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I'm not sure what EL placing has to do with the discussion I'm just curious since I haven't played the MU and don't really know how the projectiles interact with each otger.

Was talking about speed thunder not thunder+. I'm just theorycrafting though. I'm just curious as to why this MU changes so drastically because of customs. I personally don't see it.

Besides speed thunder what other customs would robin use? I'm assuming 3232 would be the choices for him? I could have the numbers wrong but. I'm not really sure though. Explain Robin's customs a bit more please. Also while I'm skeptical it's mainly because you guys are resorting to a projectile approach vs Rosalina and she has plenty of ways to deal with that.
I only mentioned EL's placing to prove that he's a player who knows what he's talking about and to bring a non-Robin main perspective to this. As far as why Chapter Serf brought up Thunder+, it's probably because you technically said custom Robin, which includes Thunder+, although perhaps the context should of made it clearer.

As far as other other Robin's customs go, speed thunder would be the main one to use against Rosalina and every other special would be the default ones. We're also not necessarily saying the MU change drastically (going from 6:4 to 5.5-4.5 isn't that drastic of a change).

We're also not advocating for a strictly projectile approach just a better projectile game that is harder to react to that also both complements our swordplay and get rid of Luma faster and safer. A good Robin knows how Rosalina can deal with projectiles and will be waiting for the gravity pull. Furthermore, the dynamics of the match will naturally change if Robin has a sizable lead since she can force Rosalina to approach because as Sonic Storm said above, Rosalina can't really punish Robin if she uses gp, resetting the situation to one where Robin still has the advantage. Admittedly though, I am theorycrafting as much as you.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
You got Soaring Elwind backwards, Sonic Storm. First one is little height, longer delay, then a lot of vertical height on the second one. It also kills your horizontal float. I've found I can't control Robin's falling after Soaring Elwind nearly as much as you can with Regular Elwind (I have yet to get Gliding Elwind). At least I thought it worked like that... I could be wrong. I don't really mess with Elwind that much.

Last edited:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Robin's Elwind customs are Gliding Elwind and Soaring Elwind. Soaring Elwind sends Robin sky high on the first Wind gust, but he takes so long to throw the second one out that he's set for punishment. Gliding Elwind /could/ have some use against Rosalina, as the sudden shift in horizontal direction can mess her Bair and Dair and Luma attempts up, but the vertical lift GE has is not all that great, and Robin's better off making use of his slightly above-average air speed to maneuver his way back while still having the chance to throw moves out.

The Nosferatu customs, Distant Nosferatu and Goetia, are impractical. Goetia takes much too long to start to make the windbox worth it, and Distant Nosferatu doesn't have the healing scaling Nosferatu does. Robin wants regular Nosferatu for the scaling, and the chance to throw out a "reliable" command grab without Luma interfering.

Thunder+, or specifically, Thoron+, can (barely) be GP'd on reaction, and if Robin's close enough to where Thoron hits him, Robin just saw his stock hit the road at 20%. While the chance to kill Rosalina at 40% is alluring with Thoron+, he sacrifices consistent projectile flow that he gets with regular Thunder and Speed Thunder.

Arcfire+ is bad. Fire Wall ignites a hitbox in front of Robin's feet immediately after casting it, giving him a panic option, so to speak, and there are situations where it could be used with Rosalina. Depends on the player, really.

Robin's approach is not bound to just his projectiles. His lagless Nair and Fair give him enough reach to complement his Thunder spells and Arcfire lobbing to where he can get somewhere along midrange, while also having a fast backroll to bail out if things get dicey. Rosalina can GP and avoid the spells easily, that is true, but Robin's almost immediately back in neutral after that commitment so he can try again. If Rosalina wants to get optimal punishes, she has to act during the startups of the moves, and not when the moves are already out.
Thanks for the response I thought Robin's customs were a bit more useful than how you're describing them. That's good to know though thanks for the information.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
It's starting to seem to me that if Robin can force the GP, it's opening up Rosalina for a rush. Be it a forward dash poke or a grab and reverse throw, just something to get Rosa off her feet for the Nairlines and away from Luma. Also, I haven't really seen it, but even if Rosa still pops GP, if Luma is right in front of her, and say Robin Thorons or any projectile (save Elwind), could Luma still take some beating from that?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The main problem that I seem to find with fighting Robin is how quickly his projectile attacks are fired. That can make it pretty hard for Rosalina to counter them with Gravitational Pull. Even Thoron is a threat with how quickly it gets executed, along with its high movement speed, so Rosalina really needs good reflexes if she wants to use Thoron against Robin.
Yeah, sometimes just can't keep it up.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It's starting to seem to me that if Robin can force the GP, it's opening up Rosalina for a rush. Be it a forward dash poke or a grab and reverse throw, just something to get Rosa off her feet for the Nairlines and away from Luma. Also, I haven't really seen it, but even if Rosa still pops GP, if Luma is right in front of her, and say Robin Thorons or any projectile (save Elwind), could Luma still take some beating from that?
Lololol Robin dashing ^_^.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
any way we can get some links going on the first page? it takes forever to read up on any of the mu discussions when your looking for a certain person.

Janno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Janno123
I just recently played a tournament where I had to fight 3 Rosalumas (Lol) and I player better every game. You have to know the Mu to perform well

Like most of you said, GP ****s in Robin, since she can't really punish it cause of her slow dash Speed. Also the physicall items become not that usefull cause of GP and luma. Advantage Rosalina

Next on is Lumas body block. Its quite annoying to have Luma block arcthunder and arcfire. But then again he helps in the air, because he delays the hitbox of Robins aerials when you hit him. It really comes in handy cause its the perfect timing for punishing rosas airdodge. I dont really had the feeling that Robin can geht rid of Luma easier then others, but I'm gonna trust you there.
Robin does not really rely on Grabs so thats another point where Luma does not help. Since Luma is just a powerfull tool in General but Robin can handle that quite well and even get some advantages for herself; Even

Robins recovery is not that great. But that counts for any Match up. I dont see rosalina having an easier or harder time gimping Robin. And as long as Robin has her Levin sword, she can trade with rosas big hitboxes. Both are not really mobile off stage and feel much more comfortable on the stage. Both dislike being off stage; Even

Last thing I want to mention before I go is juggle game and kill posibility.
Since rosalina is sooo light, its not unusuall for Robin to get a kill at about 90%. So rosa cant really get into rage, where I felt like she cant kill good without rage. Levin Sword advantage

And yea both are not the Best jugglers. Maybe connecting like 2 aerials if you are lucky. Robins Levin sword uair beats rosas down air and rosas uair beats Robin down air as well. Both can punish airdodges pretty decent. Rosa has little advantage when it comes to punish landings cause of her dash attack and general more movespeed slight slight advantage for Rosalina, almost even

So yea, combining all these red notes you'd get a MU slightly in favour of Rosalina. Like 60:40 if the Rosalina has good reflexes (damn you GP) or 55:45.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I just recently played a tournament where I had to fight 3 Rosalumas (Lol) and I player better every game. You have to know the Mu to perform well

Like most of you said, GP ****s in Robin, since she can't really punish it cause of her slow dash Speed. Also the physicall items become not that usefull cause of GP and luma. Advantage Rosalina

Next on is Lumas body block. Its quite annoying to have Luma block arcthunder and arcfire. But then again he helps in the air, because he delays the hitbox of Robins aerials when you hit him. It really comes in handy cause its the perfect timing for punishing rosas airdodge. I dont really had the feeling that Robin can geht rid of Luma easier then others, but I'm gonna trust you there.
Robin does not really rely on Grabs so thats another point where Luma dies not help. Since Luma is just a powerfull tool in General but Robin can handle that quite well and even get some advantages for herself; Even

Robins recovery is not that great. But that counts for any Match up. I dont See rosalina having a easier or harder time gimping Robin. And as long as Robin has her Levin sword, she can trade with rosas big hitboxes. Both are not really mobile off stage and feel much more comfortable on the stage. Neither likes to be off stage; Even

Last thing I want to mention before I go is juggle game and kill posibility.
Since rosalina is sooo light, its not unusuall for Robin to get a kill at about 90%. So rosa cant really get into rage, where I felt like she cant kill good without rage. Levin Sword advantage

And yea both are not the Best jugglers. Maybe connecting like 2 aerials if you are lucky. Robins Levin sword uair beats rosas down air and rosas uair beats Robin down air so well. Both can punish airdodges pretty decent. Rosa has little advantage when it comes to punish landings cause of her dash attack and general more movespeed slight slight advantage for Rosina, almost even

So yea, combining all these red notes you'd get a MU slightly in favour of Rosalina. Like 60:40 of the Rosalina has good reflexes (damn you GP) or 55:45.
Nice analysis. :)
My brother is a Robin main, can you give some suggestion to make him strong? (I want him strong so that I can try defeat a tough Robin.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
any way we can get some links going on the first page? it takes forever to read up on any of the mu discussions when your looking for a certain person.
The best that I can probably do is make links to each post that begins a new discussion period.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The best that I can probably do is make links to each post that begins a new discussion period.
And why did you take customizations consider in the MU already? Like that what's the point making second MU when some character's customiztion has taken considered?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And why did you take customizations consider in the MU already? Like that what's the point making second MU when some character's customiztion has taken considered?
We do have to do the discussion periods a second time, because months have passed since we've started analyzing the first batch of characters. As a result, there might be some drastic changes to how those match-ups will turn out. And of course, there will be some rule changes for round 2 as well.

Anyway, it's not very convenient knowing that the roster is quite large.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
We do have to do the discussion periods a second time, because months have passed since we've started analyzing the first batch of characters. As a result, there might be some drastic changes to how those match-ups will turn out. And of course, there will be some rule changes for round 2 as well.

Anyway, it's not very convenient knowing that the roster is quite large.
Alright, I be looking forward to round 2 of the analysis ; )

Mondrae205

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know if you gp Robins up b if it will spike? I know if you reflect it robin gets spiked so I was wondering.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Does anyone know if you gp Robins up b if it will spike? I know if you reflect it robin gets spiked so I was wondering.
Robin's up B only meteors if Robin is literally right on top of the target when the projectile is launched, like, Robin's hand has to be patting the target's head for it to work. I've had my Elwinds GP'd by AI Rosas, and I've never been hit by them. It's possible that you could meteor Robin if you popped GP perfectly to defend against that tiny window in which Elwind can meteor. It would be really hard to test, though. And even then, it's not that strong of a meteor. There are stronger meteor smashes out there.

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
I wanna see the match, any videos?
I didn't see anyone else post it, so here you go if you didn't find it yourself yet:

I imagine it does. I'm not a Robin main but if I remember correctly the first Elwind spikes and the second doesn't. So I would imagine if you GP the first Elwind and not the second and it connects with Robin while spinning around you it would spike. Even if it does it's almost an inconsequential detail though. Since Elwind has such huge vertical range I doubt Robins with stage contorl trying to spike you with Elwind get close enough that you can actually hit them with the Gravity Pulled Elwind. And if Rosalina has stage control she has way better things to do.

imo Robin is arguably on of the most unique newcomer characters to Smash 4. Her/his equipment use mechanic makes them really super conditional at every moment of the fight. So sometimes it's hard to get it nailed down what specifically s/he is capable of. Arch Fire is a huge tool in this MU because Rosalina is so big and has trouble getting around it. The one thing she has going for her is she falls out of it easier being so floaty. Also Levin sword aerials are brutal and this is a matchup where I'm generally extra aware of how Light Rosalina is. Thoron kills Luma well. To all that add in Rosalina's standard boons and I think this is a 55:45 MU Rosalina's favor.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I imagine it does. I'm not a Robin main but if I remember correctly the first Elwind spikes and the second doesn't. So I would imagine if you GP the first Elwind and not the second and it connects with Robin while spinning around you it would spike. Even if it does it's almost an inconsequential detail though. Since Elwind has such huge vertical range I doubt Robins with stage contorl trying to spike you with Elwind get close enough that you can actually hit them with the Gravity Pulled Elwind. And if Rosalina has stage control she has way better things to do.

imo Robin is arguably on of the most unique newcomer characters to Smash 4. Her/his equipment use mechanic makes them really super conditional at every moment of the fight. So sometimes it's hard to get it nailed down what specifically s/he is capable of. Arch Fire is a huge tool in this MU because Rosalina is so big and has trouble getting around it. The one thing she has going for her is she falls out of it easier being so floaty. Also Levin sword aerials are brutal and this is a matchup where I'm generally extra aware of how Light Rosalina is. Thoron kills Luma well. To all that add in Rosalina's standard boons and I think this is a 55:45 MU Rosalina's favor.
They can both meteor smash. It just requires the exact same window on both projectiles. And it goes without saying that you can't meteor the same person twice with the same Elwind throw.

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
They can both meteor smash. It just requires the exact same window on both projectiles. And it goes without saying that you can't meteor the same person twice with the same Elwind throw.
Sadly all the Robin research thread OP has to say on the matter is, and i quote, "(can spikes?)" But if it's true it would be cool to see some proof. Pretty much every resource that gives data on Smash 4 currently goes out of it's way to say that only the first Elwind has Spike potential. If the second one can spike too someone needs to correct them.

edit for clarification: the quote from the research thread is in reference to Elwind the attack as a whole and not a specific hit of the attack

Last edited:

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
Sadly all the Robin research thread OP has to say on the matter is, and i quote, "(can spikes?)" But if it's true it would be cool to see some proof. Pretty much every resource that gives data on Smash 4 currently goes out of it's way to say that only the first Elwind has Spike potential. If the second one can spike too someone needs to correct them.
If the Second Elwind has Spike Potential, it would require them to be the same range as the first: Right below Robin's bottom. This is impossible to test on computers, so if anything I'd be willing to attempt it with someone if they're willing to take the time out.

Note: This will be done tomorrow, considering I am sick at the moment. If anyone wants to test this, send me a Conversation and we'll talk about it.

Last edited:

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
I just tested it and, so far as I could tell, the second elwind does NOT spike. I don't think I messed up but I advise that someone else test as well.

Last edited:

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
I just did a test with Serf, and yeah. Elwind's second gale only does Horizontal KB. That's it. End of story.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The second hit of regular Elwind does not spike.

Gliding Elwind's second gust, however, does. Theoretically, Robin could follow along Rosalina as she Launch Stars back to the stage and try his luck with Gliding Elwind's two spikes, but Launch Star is much more lenient than Gliding Elwind is anyway.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Robin's discussion period is now over, and as such, I've added up all the ratio inputs for the Rosalina vs. Robin match-up, to get an overall average.

:rosalina: [55:45 - 57:43] :4robinm:

Apparently, it seems that the match-up slightly favors Rosalina.

Next up on our list will be Rosalina's match-up against the "Super Fighting Robot", Mega Man.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
I've played quite a few above average Megamen. It's probably in Rosalina's favor, but definitely not by as much as you'd expect. Going to summon a few of them to give them the option to write about it themselves, and I'll give my own analysis in a day or two.

@Locke 06 @Fenrir VII @ENKER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom