• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rawk Hawk Support Thread. Grab your signature icons today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
"You wanna hate me, but you can't help but love the RAAAAAAAWWWWK!"
-Rawk Hawk​
You know what Smash needs? More dirty fighters. More heavyweights. More villains. More RAAAAAAAWWWK!
Rawk Hawk is the champion of the Glitz Pitz, a suave fighter known for his arrogance and dirty tricks. In Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, he is defeated by The Great Gonzalez after what may be the most memorable boss fight of all time. Outside of his bouts against the Great Gonzalez, Rawk Hawk has never lost a fight.​
So, how likely is he? Rawk Hawk is admittedly a longshot. Scratch that, he's a near impossibility. He's a minor character from an old game from a series that is already overrepresented. I'm not going to make a list of counterpoints... because none exist, other than Rawk Hawk's inherent epicness.​
But still... he does bring a lot to the table. Most notably, Rawk Hawk fights dirty. Additionally, he is known for his aerial fighting abilities: wouldn't a character that uses flying attacks and low blows be interesting? I've made a moveset, which can be viewed below. Unfortunately, I feel it fails to capture the true nature of the RAAAAAAAWWWWK, so I'm still taking suggestions.​
[collapse=Illustrated Specials]
[/collapse]
[collapse=ImaClubYou's Moveset]
Now for a moveset. Let's look at Rawk Hawks movement, habits, style, and attitude.

Flips, Dives, high jumping, kicking(he has huge arms, but he never uses them, lol), and dirty fighting(grabbing the ceiling and dropping stage props).

Note: For normal and weak moves attacks may not be "canon."

Standard A combo
-Rawk dance. Simple kick, kick, spin kick. Somewhat like Lucas but not derpy looking.

Forward tilt
-Stretch kick. Pushup position but kicks out his legs forwards while Rawk Hawk faces down.

Down tilt
-WoodPecker. Slams his beak down and can bury an opponent for a set time of 1.5 seconds.

Forward Smash
-Rawk Signature! Rawk Hawk puts one hand on the ground while charging up and jumps high in the air doing multiple front flips as he lands on the ground. He only moves in front of him slightly but covers a huge vertical distance(about the size of Luigi's full jump). The hitbox in the air has low knock back and the ending hitbox does huge damage and massive knock back. If the attack hits on landing Rawk Hawk will bounce off and flip again for aesthetics.

Down Smash
-Around the world. Rawk Hawk handstands and kicks his legs in a circle. Similar to Falcon/Ganon get up attack.

Up Smash.
-Hawk Claws! Rawk Hawk pushes the ground with his hands causing him to jump and perform a "rising" dive kick. Massive vertical distance, good anti air attack.

Dash Attack.
-Slide Kick. Rawk Hawk does an sliding kick that covers the entire Battlefield stage but moves quite slow.

Neutral Air
-Fox Nairplane. Fox Nairplane.

Up Air.
-Rawk Punch! Rawk hawks only punch. Rawk Hawk punches upwards and turns around after. Vertical kill move.

Down Air
-Palm Dive! Rawk hawk dives at an angle with palms facing forward. If opponent is grounded he will be buried. If hit in the air they'll be meteor smashed. If Rawk hawk hits the ground or an opponent he'll flip back where he initially jumped from.

Forward Air.
-Dizzy Kick! SSB64 Mario forward air.

Back Air
-Eagle Slash! Rawk Hawk kicks in an arche. Kill move. Zoning move.

Neutral B
-Dirty Trick. Rawk Hawk throws random stage props. Depending on the prop depends on angle it is thrown, if it arches, knock back, hit box, and damage(Stage light, bucket of water, giant fork, giant knife, wiggly bag thing).

Down B.
-PUNCH! Jk, KICK! Rawk Hawk readies for a punch. If he is hit during this action he will block it and counter with a kick below the belt! If your character is male you are sent flying, if it is female, you take get set up for a tech chase.

Up B.
Rawk Wall. Rawk Hawk bounces off a wall created by programming in midair and aesthetically walk kicks back to stage. If used on the ground Rawk Hawk will form a wall behind him and kick it to propel himself forward as an attack. It also can block all attacks behind him.

Forward B.
-Rawk Glide. Rawk Hawk glides forward with fists facing forward(similar to Knuckles/Super Man). Does minor damage and has no killing potential.

Grab.
-Rawk Hawk will grab you with his hands.

Pummel.
-He'll slam his beak into you and can be performed rapidly.

Forward throw.
-Rawk Hawk simply tosses you like how Link from LoZ tosses objects.

Back throw.
-Rawk Hawk pushes you with his feet but continues to hold tightly unto you. After a while he'll lose grip and you grind your face on the ground.

Up throw.
-Rawk Hawk raises you up with one hand lets go and quickly does an upside down, cart wheel triple kick.

Down throw.
-Rawk Hawk raises you up with one hand with a different expression in his face, slams you into the ground, jumps, lands right on you, and finally pecks you in thr butt *wink wink*

1st taunt
-Rawk Hawk points at the screen. A small text bubble appears saying "FEEL THE RAWKKKKK"

2nd taunt.
-Rawk Hawk flashes his crystal star belt.

3rd taunt.
-Rawk Hawk points his finger up and does a flashy somersault.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Stage: Glitz Pitz]
[/collapse]​
Signature Icon (courtesy of Frostwraith):
Signature Icon 2 (courtesy of CrapZapper)
Fans of the RAAAAWK: Groose, ImaClubYou, BKupa666, Kiteinthesky, Glaciacott, KingofPhantoms47, Loganhogan, Spacejell0, Gam3rALO, Opossum, OcarinaofDoom, Diddy Kong, Wariofan1, Ianwordyes, Masko'Gears, Falkoopa, Thethirdkoopa, Aldelaro5, and Pikachu FTW

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No joke: about two or so years ago, I had a weird dream that Rawk Hawk was playable, and he was listed as...wait for it...a Punch-Out!! character. That's the only reason I remember that dream. :laugh:

Groose

Smash Champion
No joke: about two or so years ago, I had a weird dream that Rawk Hawk was playable, and he was listed as...wait for it...a Punch-Out!! character. That's the only reason I remember that dream. :laugh:

Donkey Kong was a great secret character to include in Punch-Out!!! on the Wii... but I would have literally died had they had Rawk Hawk instead.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
I DEMAND that Paper Mario characters get their own "summoning" items.
Imagine, picking up a sticker, or piece of paper. It shines, unfolds and comes to life as RAWK MOTHER-FREAKING HAWK! He goes to town on your enemies, grappling them around the stage, punching and kicking as they go. At the end, he pins down an unlucky opponent against the ground, leaving them open for a free smash attack that will launch them into the horizon. As The Hawk leaves the stage, cheers are heard from the crowd, and you have the satisfaction of working with such a manly piece of paper.

Groose

Smash Champion
I DEMAND that Paper Mario characters get their own "summoning" items.
Imagine, picking up a sticker, or piece of paper. It shines, unfolds and comes to life as RAWK MOTHER-FREAKING HAWK! He goes to town on your enemies, grappling them around the stage, punching and kicking as they go. At the end, he pins down an unlucky opponent against the ground, leaving them open for a free smash attack that will launch them into the horizon. As The Hawk leaves the stage, cheers are heard from the crowd, and you have the satisfaction of working with such a manly piece of paper.

I'd be completely satisfied if Rawk Hawk were one of Paper Mario's attacks or if he were an Assist Trophy. But nothing beats being playable, eh?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I seriously need to play this game again sometime...it was so damn good...its expensive on Amazon and Ebay...and they will never do GC games for WiiU VC....

Were are the N64 & GBA games we were promised like monthsss ago....

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Such a sick game seriously...ugh i havent even played the N64 one...i take it its really good ofc but not better? Am i right? I havent played the Wii or the 3DS one either....im just going on a limb and say it goes like this in order of best

GC
N64
Wii
3DS

Am i right?

Groose

Smash Champion
Such a sick game seriously...ugh i havent even played the N64 one...i take it its really good ofc but not better? Am i right? I havent played the Wii or the 3DS one either....im just going on a limb and say it goes like this in order of best

GC
N64
Wii
3DS

Am i right?

I haven't played the 3DS one, but it's supposedly pretty... lackluster. But yeah, that's pretty much how most people tend to rank them; occasionally, some will claim that N64 is better than GCN.

Because the N64 didn't feature Rawk Hawk, it's obvious that this claim is ridiculous.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
3DS one isn't really a Paper Mario game, that's all you need to know about it. Truly disappointing.

I'd say the GC and N64 ones are on par for me. Certain things about the first one are just more memorable for me, but for the most part the GC one was just such an improvement, especially in the Glitz Pit and train chapters.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
This is a thing.

THIS IS A THING.

:D

(Seriously though, I would be thrilled for Paper Mario assist trophies, especially Rawk Hawk)

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Too bad he would go down so quickly he couldn't even finish saying "Feel the RAAAWK!" XD Oh well, still my most favorite game of all time. I fully support Hawk Hogan! (His official Spanish name if I'm not mistaken)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
LOL Rawk Hawk.

I'm dead sure you got the idea from BKupa666. :laugh:

I do remember Rawk Hawk from TTYD. He was kind of difficult to beat. Also, thread needs more Great Gonzales. :troll:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Sure, but then he'd take Doopliss' spot, slick.
I think Dooplis was the sickest thing about that game...RealTalk..i will never forget him i still remember his name.

Its a remake of the classic tail of Rumpelstitskin lol well i thought of it that way

And the dragons <3 Gloomtail/BONETAIL/Huntail

Game is too sick i gotta play it again.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You have my support. Wii Fit Trainer makes people feel the burn, but that's nothing compared to feeling the RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK!!!

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
I dont see it happening but this would be AWESOME!

RAAAAAAAWWWWWKKKKK HAWK

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm a bit preoccupied with updating the day in Rate their Chances right now, but I will work on a moveset the next time I have free time!

As of now, I've updated the supporters list.

If Paper Mario gets in, I will be severely disappointed if Glitz Pit isn't the stage of choice. Rawk would be a stage hazard.
Playable is definitely a stretch. But if we support him to be playable, the chances of him appearing in any facet increase: just look at Brawl Ridley.

LOL Rawk Hawk.

I'm dead sure you got the idea from BKupa666. :laugh:

I do remember Rawk Hawk from TTYD. He was kind of difficult to beat. Also, thread needs more Great Gonzales. :troll:

Of course. I also took the liberty of adding him to the supporter's list... whether he wants it or not!

Edit: Hosting part two of the moveset here, view it in the OP.
RAWK HAWK 2.jpg

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok I'm gonna be very honest here I L O V E D ttyd this game was outstanding when I played it. Graphics and music are unique and the story was funny sometime. To tell you how much I loved it, I glicht hunted this game a couple months ago (yeah I was in a speedruning community at this time) and I discovered that it's probably one of the most solidly coded game I've ever seen (to be short, when you can mayabe try to exploit something there's a mechanic that pure and simply prevent it). Since I played that game, paper mario became by far my most wanted newcomer and I don't think his chance are low tbh, he is unique enought to NOT be like toon link (in another words, it's not "another mario" for me). For Raw hawk, I agree it's a stretch for playable but I'm fine with AT

there's no joke guys this serie deserve a MINIMUM of one music or a stage and of course the best case would be paper mario playable but it's fine if bowser jr gets in instead but pls one music it's not that much it deserves it period

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I've always wanted to replay this game. It's the best out of the four in my opinion. Too bad the disc is my most scratched up one to date(even more than Melee). Can't play it for crap. My GC doesn't even knows it exists because normally you'd get a notice saying the dusc can't be read. In this one, the GC logo does it's dance and my disc isn't there.

So yeah, Rawk Hawk!!!! FEEL THE RAWKKKKKKK. YOU MIGHT AS WELL STICK TO VIDEO FIGHTING. STAY DOWN PINCUSHION. HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE RAWKKKKKKK.

Sorry. My nostalgia.

Now for a moveset. Let's look at Rawk Hawks movement, habits, style, and attitude.

Flips, Dives, high jumping, kicking(he has huge arms, but he never uses them, lol), and dirty fighting(grabbing the ceiling and dropping stage props).

Note: For normal and weak moves attacks may not be "canon."

Standard A combo
-Rawk dance. Simple kick, kick, spin kick. Somewhat like Lucas but not derpy looking.

Forward tilt
-Stretch kick. Pushup position but kicks out his legs forwards while Rawk Hawk faces down.

Down tilt
-WoodPecker. Slams his beak down and can bury an opponent for a set time of 1.5 seconds.

Forward Smash
-Rawk Signature! Rawk Hawk puts one hand on the ground while charging up and jumps high in the air doing multiple front flips as he lands on the ground. He only moves in front of him slightly but covers a huge vertical distance(about the size of Luigi's full jump). The hitbox in the air has low knock back and the ending hitbox does huge damage and massive knock back. If the attack hits on landing Rawk Hawk will bounce off and flip again for aesthetics.

Down Smash
-Around the world. Rawk Hawk handstands and kicks his legs in a circle. Similar to Falcon/Ganon get up attack.

Up Smash.
-Hawk Claws! Rawk Hawk pushes the ground with his hands causing him to jump and perform a "rising" dive kick. Massive vertical distance, good anti air attack.

Dash Attack.
-Slide Kick. Rawk Hawk does an sliding kick that covers the entire Battlefield stage but moves quite slow.

Neutral Air
-Fox Nairplane. Fox Nairplane.

Up Air.
-Rawk Punch! Rawk hawks only punch. Rawk Hawk punches upwards and turns around after. Vertical kill move.

Down Air
-Palm Dive! Rawk hawk dives at an angle with palms facing forward. If opponent is grounded he will be buried. If hit in the air they'll be meteor smashed. If Rawk hawk hits the ground or an opponent he'll flip back where he initially jumped from.

Forward Air.
-Dizzy Kick! SSB64 Mario forward air.

Back Air
-Eagle Slash! Rawk Hawk kicks in an arche. Kill move. Zoning move.

Neutral B
-Dirty Trick. Rawk Hawk throws random stage props. Depending on the prop depends on angle it is thrown, if it arches, knock back, hit box, and damage(Stage light, bucket of water, giant fork, giant knife, wiggly bag thing).

Down B.
-PUNCH! Jk, KICK! Rawk Hawk readies for a punch. If he is hit during this action he will block it and counter with a kick below the belt! If your character is male you are sent flying, if it is female, you take get set up for a tech chase.

Up B.
Rawk Wall. Rawk Hawk bounces off a wall created by programming in midair and aesthetically walk kicks back to stage. If used on the ground Rawk Hawk will form a wall behind him and kick it to propel himself forward as an attack. It also can block all attacks behind him.

Forward B.
-Rawk Glide. Rawk Hawk glides forward with fists facing forward(similar to Knuckles/Super Man). Does minor damage and has no killing potential.

Grab.
-Rawk Hawk will grab you with his hands.

Pummel.
-He'll slam his beak into you and can be performed rapidly.

Forward throw.
-Rawk Hawk simply tosses you like how Link from LoZ tosses objects.

Back throw.
-Rawk Hawk pushes you with his feet but continues to hold tightly unto you. After a while he'll lose grip and you grind your face on the ground.

Up throw.
-Rawk Hawk raises you up with one hand lets go and quickly does an upside down, cart wheel triple kick.

Down throw.
-Rawk Hawk raises you up with one hand with a different expression in his face, slams you into the ground, jumps, lands right on you, and finally pecks you in thr butt *wink wink*

1st taunt
-Rawk Hawk points at the screen. A small text bubble appears saying "FEEL THE RAWKKKKK"

2nd taunt.
-Rawk Hawk flashes his crystal star belt.

3rd taunt.
-Rawk Hawk points his finger up and does a flashy somersault.

Critique!

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm a bit preoccupied with updating the day in Rate their Chances right now, but I will work on a moveset the next time I have free time!

As of now, I've updated the supporters list.

Playable is definitely a stretch. But if we support him to be playable, the chances of him appearing in any facet increase: just look at Brawl Ridley.

Of course. I also took the liberty of adding him to the supporter's list... whether he wants it or not!

Edit: Hosting part two of the moveset here, view it in the OP.

Like the moveset, but I feel like a Final Smash should break the fourth wall a bit. Maybe he jumps high and grabs onto the 'scenery" and starts hitting it so that lights and props start falling on everyone.

Like at around 2:30 of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ZYLPFWMGc

Groose

Smash Champion
Special Announcement: Give me 48 hours and I will have a special "Glitz Pitz" Stage designed. I'm looking for Paper Mario music that could play there, and I'm taking suggestions. As long as its from Paper Mario and it's good, I'll take it.

ok I'm gonna be very honest here I L O V E D ttyd this game was outstanding when I played it. Graphics and music are unique and the story was funny sometime. To tell you how much I loved it, I glicht hunted this game a couple months ago (yeah I was in a speedruning community at this time) and I discovered that it's probably one of the most solidly coded game I've ever seen (to be short, when you can mayabe try to exploit something there's a mechanic that pure and simply prevent it). Since I played that game, paper mario became by far my most wanted newcomer and I don't think his chance are low tbh, he is unique enought to NOT be like toon link (in another words, it's not "another mario" for me). For Raw hawk, I agree it's a stretch for playable but I'm fine with AT

there's no joke guys this serie deserve a MINIMUM of one music or a stage and of course the best case would be paper mario playable but it's fine if bowser jr gets in instead but pls one music it's not that much it deserves it period

I've never joined a speedrunning community before, but glitchhunting is something with which I can relate. I've never tried doing it to Paper Mario, but I assume that the lack of detailed polygons may have to do with the solid coding?

And as to Rawk Hawk being playable... if we spread publicity enough, we increase the chances of him appearing in SOME facet. Personally, I think if Paper Mario were playable, Rawk Hawk rampaging across the stage would make a cool Final Smash.

And if you're such a big fan of Paper Mario music (imo, it was good but never really stood out for me) please find me some more toons to list in the OP.

I've always wanted to replay this game. It's the best out of the four in my opinion. Too bad the disc is my most scratched up one to date(even more than Melee). Can't play it for crap. My GC doesn't even knows it exists because normally you'd get a notice saying the dusc can't be read. In this one, the GC logo does it's dance and my disc isn't there.

So yeah, Rawk Hawk!!!! FEEL THE RAWKKKKKKK. YOU MIGHT AS WELL STICK TO VIDEO FIGHTING. STAY DOWN PINCUSHION. HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE RAWKKKKKKK.

Sorry. My nostalgia.

Critique!

I'll be sure to incorporate your moveset into the OP after I update the day on Rate Their Chances. I'll critique it when I do that. Heck, I may even illustrate it if I have the time to.

And as for the disc scratched up... that's a crying shame. I've always been a freak about disk and cartridge cleaning, so I'm not in the same situation... my situation is that I gave TTYD to my friend a few years back. I could ask for it back, but I've got a few other games on my plate right now.

It really makes you wish that they would put GC on the Wii U VC, eh? But, if I may throw out a suggestion, try playing TTYD in your Wii. I don't know why, but maybe it will be able to handle reading the disc. I have a couple old DS carts that don't play anymore on my original 2004 DS... but they play on my 3DS fine. I know discs are different situations, but It's probably worth a shot.

Like the moveset, but I feel like a Final Smash should break the fourth wall a bit. Maybe he jumps high and grabs onto the 'scenery" and starts hitting it so that lights and props start falling on everyone.

Like at around 2:30 of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ZYLPFWMGc

I wanted to make that the Final Smash of my moveset... but I just couldn't figure out how to make it work without it being too much of a PK Starstorm ripoff. If the idea comes to me, I'll illustrate it, but as of now I'm just going to stick with the shieldbreaking thing. It's unique and dirty... just like the RAAAAAWWWKKK!

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I'll be sure to incorporate your moveset into the OP after I update the day on Rate Their Chances. I'll critique it when I do that. Heck, I may even illustrate it if I have the time to.

And as for the disc scratched up... that's a crying shame. I've always been a freak about disk and cartridge cleaning, so I'm not in the same situation... my situation is that I gave TTYD to my friend a few years back. I could ask for it back, but I've got a few other games on my plate right now.

It really makes you wish that they would put GC on the Wii U VC, eh? But, if I may throw out a suggestion, try playing TTYD in your Wii. I don't know why, but maybe it will be able to handle reading the disc. I have a couple old DS carts that don't play anymore on my original 2004 DS... but they play on my 3DS fine. I know discs are different situations, but It's probably worth a shot.

I wanted to make that the Final Smash of my moveset... but I just couldn't figure out how to make it work without it being too much of a PK Starstorm ripoff. If the idea comes to me, I'll illustrate it, but as of now I'm just going to stick with the shieldbreaking thing. It's unique and dirty... just like the RAAAAAWWWKKK!
Ehh. My Wii is broken, LOL. disc drive and all that burned out. I'm surprised how long my GC has lived as well as my 64 while my Wii here just makes cracking noises whenever I throw a disc in.

Thanks for the consideration! :]

As for music. For the sake of Rawk Hawk we can have his theme. Other alternate themes should be a calm peaceful song, a chaotic fast paced song, etc.

I'd say Rougeport perhaps. Not the most peaceful, far from it really, but for TTYD standards... lol. Otherwise I would say Petalburg or Outside the Great Tree.

The chaotic song could possibly be Shadow Peach, A remixed version of X-Naut fortress(it's cool on its own but I feel it should be changed for Smash), Cortez theme, and possibly Doopliss theme.

Ending credits feel like a good fit as well. Title music, too.

As for a final smash... hmmm...

I would be fine with a cinematic flurry of kicks, lol.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
"You wanna hate me, but you can't help but love the RAAAAAAAWWWWK!"
-Rawk Hawk​
You know what Smash needs? More dirty fighters. More heavyweights. More villains. More RAAAAAAAWWWK!
Rawk Hawk is the champion of the Glitz Pitz, a suave fighter known for his arrogance and dirty tricks. In Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, he is defeated by The Great Gonzalez after what may be the most memorable boss fight of all time. Outside of his bouts against the Great Gonzalez, Rawk Hawk has never lost a fight.​
So, how likely is he? Rawk Hawk is admittedly a longshot. Scratch that, he's a near impossibility. He's a minor character from an old game from a series that is already overrepresented. I'm not going to make a list of counterpoints... because none exist, other than Rawk Hawk's inherent epicness.​
But still... he does bring a lot to the table. Most notably, Rawk Hawk fights dirty. Additionally, he is known for his aerial fighting abilities: wouldn't a character that uses flying attacks and low blows be interesting? I've made a moveset, which can be viewed below. Unfortunately, I feel it fails to capture the true nature of the RAAAAAAAWWWWK, so I'm still taking suggestions.​
[collapse=Illustrated Specials]
[/collapse]
I'm sending out a request: could someone please make a support signature icon? I know it would catch on like hotcakes.​
Until we meet again.... RAAAAAAAAWWWWK!​
Fans of the RAAAAWK: Groose, BKupa666, Kiteinthesky, Glaciacott, KingofPhantoms47, Loganhogan, Spacejell0, Gam3rALO, Opossum, OcarinaofDoom, Jaytalks
Veeeerrrryyy interesting... I'm a fan of Mario RPGS, so add me to the support list!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Can't argue with the quote at the top of the OP, so add me, I'm ready to rawk!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Do want!

I remember ****ting my pants when I had to face him. That colloseum part of The Thousand Year Door was easily the best.

Groose

Smash Champion
Ehh. My Wii is broken, LOL. disc drive and all that burned out. I'm surprised how long my GC has lived as well as my 64 while my Wii here just makes cracking noises whenever I throw a disc in.

Thanks for the consideration! :]

As for music. For the sake of Rawk Hawk we can have his theme. Other alternate themes should be a calm peaceful song, a chaotic fast paced song, etc.

I'd say Rougeport perhaps. Not the most peaceful, far from it really, but for TTYD standards... lol. Otherwise I would say Petalburg or Outside the Great Tree.

The chaotic song could possibly be Shadow Peach, A remixed version of X-Naut fortress(it's cool on its own but I feel it should be changed for Smash), Cortez theme, and possibly Doopliss theme.

Ending credits feel like a good fit as well. Title music, too.

As for a final smash... hmmm...

I would be fine with a cinematic flurry of kicks, lol.

I'm still waiting on a moment so I can read through your moveset. Sorry for the delay; the surprise of Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton's localization kinda... stole my day away.

Do want!

I remember ****ting my pants when I had to face him. That colloseum part of The Thousand Year Door was easily the best.

As I said in the OP, the most memorable boss battle of all time!

Veeeerrrryyy interesting... I'm a fan of Mario RPGS, so add me to the support list!
Aren't you one of the active moveset designers in the Layton thread? If you thought my illustration was decent, I'm definitely willing to illustrate a Layton one when I can get around to it. I'll probably pop over there or something tomorrow and see what I can do.

Today has got me AMPED for Layton :p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm still waiting on a moment so I can read through your moveset. Sorry for the delay; the surprise of Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton's localization kinda... stole my day away.

As I said in the OP, the most memorable boss battle of all time!

Aren't you one of the active moveset designers in the Layton thread? If you thought my illustration was decent, I'm definitely willing to illustrate a Layton one when I can get around to it. I'll probably pop over there or something tomorrow and see what I can do.

Today has got me AMPED for Layton :p
Oh, I'm SUPER Pumped for Layton. I love both series, and the announcement of the crossover localization had me pumped.

Yes, I'm an active member, but I'm more of a Assist-Trohpie-Stage-Hype-Guy.

I'd love it if you came over to do a moveset! My first one is coming soon..

Groose

Smash Champion
Critique!

I like the moveset! You did a really good job with the specials and smash attacks in particular. I've added it to the OP.

Oh, but I do have one complaint. He's Rawk Hawk... and he speaks in only ONE of his taunts? We need more RAAAAAAWWWWKKKKK!

Oh, I'm SUPER Pumped for Layton. I love both series, and the announcement of the crossover localization had me pumped.

Yes, I'm an active member, but I'm more of a Assist-Trohpie-Stage-Hype-Guy.

I'd love it if you came over to do a moveset! My first one is coming soon..

I'll be coming over to the Layton thread when I get a chance. We'll continue this discussion there. I fear Rawk Hawk may get jealous if we start getting his support thread sidetracked. ;)

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Sorry, what was I thinking! He should say "unh" for every attack he performs while we're at it!

Also, let's make all his jumps make the Rawk Hawk jump sound effect from the game!

It kind of sounds like high pitched cheering? I can't explain the sound, but it is awesome XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom