• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Actually in MK8 instruction Booklet , the D-Pad isn't listed as an option for movement , HOWEVER you can actually use it to move in the game instead of the analog stick. So maybe is like that ; it's just not listed there.
Mario Kart 8's in-game manual (the manual that you can view on the Wii U itself) actually does state that the directional pad can be used for movement.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Now that i think about it , it doesn't really matter since the d-pad is probably used for Taunts.
That's what I don't get, since in Brawl, the solo Wii Remote has taunts set to a button, and you could choose your taunt simply by holding the directional pad a certain direction while pressing the taunt button; Ex.: Pressing the directional pad left or right would give you the side taunt.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Here are Rosalina's eight colors!

Blue (normal), Pink, Gold, Green, Red, Purple, Black, White

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, even Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D offered the option to use the directional pad. Taunts could just be made by a single button (just like with Brawl and the solo Wii Remote control scheme), and what taunt you do would be determined by the direction that you're holding the directional pad.
I really hope they have optiona like changing the button controls like in Brawl, although not likely.
Wii U got to have it.
Here's the Full Page for Rosalina♥
Where is this from?
Aw...no Cosmic Rosalina

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Oh my goodness!!! I love them all! I don't know which to choose!

My favorites in order with some made-up names:

1)
Equinox (White & Red)
2) Sleepy Suede (Purple)
3)
Vintage Roja (Red)
4) Gold Rush or Star Gold (Gold / Yellow)
5) Dark Matter or Queen B (Black & Yellow)
6) Cosmic Blue (Regular)
7) Sea Foam Green (Green)
8) Pink Lady (Pink)

Also, anyone notice how Rosalina's purple dress reference's her bedroom color? I think it does.

-----
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I know you named Rosalina's 7th palette swap "Black and Gold" but I think Black and Yellow fits better since, from a visual standpoint, the "Gold" part on 7th palette doesn't look shiny when compared to the 4th palette swap of full gold (just an opinion). Also, the 8th palette swap can also reference Fire Peach from Super Mario 3D World, not just White Mage.
http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalinas-complete-coverage-thread-opening-9-12.366494/#post-17480756

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh my goodness!!! I love them all! I don't know which to choose!

My favorites in order with some made-up names:

1)
Equinox (White & Red)
2) Sleepy Suede (Purple)
3)
Vintage Roja (Red)
4) Gold Rush or Star Gold (Gold / Yellow)
5) Dark Matter or Queen B (Black & Yellow)
6) Cosmic Blue (Regular)
7) Sea Foam Green (Green)
8) Pink Lady (Pink)

-----
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I know you named Rosalina's 7th palette swap "Black and Gold" but I think Black and Yellow fits better since, from a visual standpoint, the "Gold" part on 7th palette doesn't look shiny when compared to the 4th palette swap of full gold (just an opinion). Also, the 8th palette swap can also reference Fire Peach from Super Mario 3D World, not just White Mage.
http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalinas-complete-coverage-thread-opening-9-12.366494/#post-17480756
Nice one! looking forward to play Smash Bros with you @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku !

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Thanks for your input there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think these alts are supposed to reference anything, they just gave her generic colours. They look nice though. I'll probably go with purple if I feel like deviating from her default (since I love her default anyway).

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I love the fact that Rosalina is on the front of the Sounds icon. She's like a conductor with her wand. :)

I'll probably end up using the Sounds menu to listen to music more often just because of her.
Plus, does anyone want me to record Rosalina & Luma's voice clips when the game comes out in the U.S.?
I love this. My main is the feature of one of my favorite things in gaming. <3

Anyways, amazing colors as expected. My list of favorite to least favorite:
Gold Rosalina
White dress Rosalina
Black dress Rosalina
Fire Dress Rosalina
Normal Rosalina
Purple Rosalina
Pink Rosalina
Green Rosalina
I'm so excited to see more of how see works and plays in the final version of the game. <3

LonelyJaguar

Smash Cadet
Has it been discussed anywhere about the possibility of Kirby copying Luma?? We know what happens when he copies Rosalina but I haven't seen anyone bring up the idea of him copying Luma...

Maybe just a dud like when he sucks in another Kirby with no copied ability?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Has it been discussed anywhere about the possibility of Kirby copying Luma?? We know what happens when he copies Rosalina but I haven't seen anyone bring up the idea of him copying Luma...

Maybe just a dud like when he sucks in another Kirby with no copied ability?
Potentially - although I think it would be quite funny if upon sucking in the Luma he could then shoot it back out again as a Luma Shot, similarly to how he can shoot out star blocks in the Kirby games.

On Alts: the Black and the Gold are both awesome and the ones I would likely use. Neither are quite as good as Peach's Black/Gold alt though. In general I think the alts in this game seem quite good. Some characters (e.g. Luigi) seem to have got the short stick but others have a fantastic set of costumes.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Potentially - although I think it would be quite funny if upon sucking in the Luma he could then shoot it back out again as a Luma Shot, similarly to how he can shoot out star blocks in the Kirby games.

On Alts: the Black and the Gold are both awesome and the ones I would likely use. Neither are quite as good as Peach's Black/Gold alt though. In general I think the alts in this game seem quite good. Some characters (e.g. Luigi) seem to have got the short stick but others have a fantastic set of costumes.
I think that the Newcomers are the ''favored'' ones this time for obvious reasons , and a couple of veterans , when it comes to the Alts.
But Third Party Characters , however , have the WORST set of alts.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I think that the Newcomers are the ''favored'' ones this time for obvious reasons , and a couple of veterans , when it comes to the Alts.
But Third Party Characters , however , have the WORST set of alts.
To some extent I can understand that though - a drastic change in colouring/appearance to another company's iconic character is likely something they dont want to or can't do which is why, apart from Mega man, the changes are minimal. I do wonder why Sonic doesn't get alternate colours based on the other main Sonic characters if nothing else.

I dont see a particular favouring to newcomers in terms of good alternate costumes (apart from Little Mac) though this is likely just a difference in our costume preferences.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Rosalina is why man went to space.

:093:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
LMAO Kerri Kane's voice is reused in the 3ds version!!!!

Im 100% Sure she is the voice in the 3ds version since its the same as in the demos!

Im soooo happy! :rosalina:

Sorry if i annoy people with this, but i Like the character and i need to get my info straight , im just like that , sorry ♥

Last edited:

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice

Caught this during the stream featuring the worst player on the planet, how he managed to win with Rosalina is a question no scientist, god or cereal box could answer, but it scored us a look at this adorable win pose.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Caught this during the stream featuring the worst player on the planet, how he managed to win with Rosalina is a question no scientist, god or cereal box could answer, but it scored us a look at this adorable win pose.
He also took a pic under Rosalina's dress, and it has a blue galaxy underneath.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Rosalina's voice clip placement is so odd. She has a mix of Kerri Kane's and Laura Faye Smith's. You can hear Kerri's voice when Rosalina gets Star KO'd and you can hear Laura's voice when Rosalina gets launched into the air. In the end, they'll have to credit one voice actress. I don't see two actresses taking up the same slot, especially when one didn't record voices for this game.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina's voice clip placement is so odd. She has a mix of Kerri Kane's and Laura Faye Smith's. You can hear Kerri's voice when Rosalina gets Star KO'd and you can hear Laura's voice when Rosalina gets launched into the air. In the end, they'll have to credit one voice actress. I don't see two actresses taking up the same slot, especially when one didn't record voices for this game.
They are gonna credit Kerri Shirma , im calling it!
Laura faye for the Wii u maybe???

Kerri said it was her voice , and i recorded it! did you watch the Rainbow Road stage match against Rosalina??? it was awsome!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
OK now I'm curious.

What would happen if Rosalina took off her gown?

Would the ending of Mario Galaxy happen, all over again, with memories being erased, because Rosalina's nude beauty is too much for mankind to comprehend?

Seriously this is the most thought provoking upskirt ever.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
They are gonna credit Kerri Shirma , im calling it!
Laura faye for the Wii u maybe???

Kerri said it was her voice , and i recorded it! did you watch the Rainbow Road stage match against Rosalina??? it was awsome!
I could see that happening, even though it would be a little odd. Credit for Kerri on 3DS and credit for Laura on Wii U. I'm a little doubtful that they'll include Kerri because if Laura makes up most of Rosalina's voice, then they'll probably just credit Laura only.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I could see that happening, even though it would be a little odd. Credit for Kerri on 3DS and credit for Laura on Wii U. I'm a little doubtful that they'll include Kerri because if Laura makes up most of Rosalina's voice, then they'll probably just credit Laura only.
Ok , here's the thing i just noticed.

Most of the clips are Kerri's , these includes ALL the clips from Mario Golf.
When she gets inked by the blooper in MK7 Too , that voice clip is in too
The star KO Scream is Kerri's

When she kicks she says WHOO! , LIKE IN Mario Golf when she aproaches the Flag pole.

It's mostly Kerri ,in the footage i cannor hear Laura at all oh my! >_<

EDIT :Hamayama is doing CLASSIC MODE WITH ALL the characters , and gema did it With Rosalina but i missed it!

Hamayama hasn't , so im gonna stay tuned!:rosalina:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So Rosalina's voice actor for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is really Kerri Kane? Looks like Nintendo lied to us by stating that Laura Faye Smith is Rosalina's voice actor.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So Rosalina's voice actor for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is really Kerri Kane? Looks like Nintendo lied to us by stating that Laura Faye Smith is Rosalina's voice actor.
i'm really curious , since Laura stated that she was doing it ; WHILE Kerri also stated that they reused her voice in the demos .
Maybe the two are voicing her?
Or Maybe Laura Faye Smith is gonna be the voice for the Wii U?

All i need to say is , that honestly , as someone who watched the footage last night (it was sick!) Rosalina seems to be mid - top tier , also she was fought in classic mode in the MK7 Rainbow Road Stage. She also sounds really good in this game , even if its just Kerri or a Mix between the two (Let's not forget , that sometimes Peach uses some of Jen Taylors Voice clips in some games mixed with Samantha's like in the 3DS Mario Tennis)

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
kawaii desu~

I'm so jealous of Japan and importers.

:093:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

They took some liberties with size here. Ganondorf she actually be a tiny bit shorter than Rosalina, but he's noticeably taller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom