• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL FL Brawl 2011 Power Rankings (Updated 8/26/11)

Master Raven

Smash Master

Reasonings written by GDX
With ESAM’s winning record over Seibrik, and overall similar unranked losses and ranked wins, he earns the #1 spot in a close comparison. Since he is going off to college, he will be honored with the #0 spot, so more members are ranked.

Redhalberd is the next best player, with winning records over Hrnut, Nick Riddle, Chaz, and an even record with MVD. His only unranked losses are to Ryo, which was a MK banned tournament. Although he was quite close in comparison with Nick Riddle, whom had a winning record against MVD, but has more ranked losses than Halberd. One of the deciding factors was the fact that Halberd won the only match they played within this season.

Shaky, Ryo, and Xaltis were within the next group of players that were compared to themselves for spots 5-7. Shaky earned the 5th spot mainly due to the fact that he is one of the very few to have a winning record against ESAM, going 3-2. Despite a losing record, he has a win against Seibrik. He has a few unranked losses, but less overall than the following players.

Ryo and Xaltis were two of the closest players when it came to rankings, so to many they are interchangable at 6/7. In the end, Ryo came up to 6th place, due to wins against HRNUT/Halberd, and many solid unranked wins, with unranked losses to mero and dj jack. Xaltis has solid ranked wins of his own, going 1-1 with ESAM and MVD, with a win over HRnut as well. He also has more unranked losses, losing to GDX Kyon and DJ Jack, while Ryo lost to Mero and DJ Jack as well. Overall, the spot for these two is very close, and Ryo has the slight edge based on the the vote to have the MK banned tournament count towards this season

Coming in at spots 8-9 were Hrnut and Kyon. Kyon actually has some solid ranked wins, such as a winning record over ESAM. He also has less losses against Halberd and Ryo. The main reason he is lower than Hrnut is that he has many more other ranked/unranked losses than Hrnut. Hrnut and Kyon have lost to more or less the same people, but Kyon has additional losses as well.

At the 10th spot was the second hardest decision, as it was between Mampam and Master Raven. While Mampam has one ranked win against Chaz, he has gone even with Chaz 1-1. Mampam also has many unranked losses, such as shiekssbm, Dtorr, xdeth, lies, mero, and 2djeff. Master Raven only has ranked losses and unranked wins. His only losses are to MVD, ESAM, and Nick Riddle (all players top 5 or higher), and all of his wins are only unranked players (GDX, Izzy, Masky, Ed, dfear, bunnyma, snipa). Comparing these two players, Master Raven is the most consistent player, which is how the final spot has historically been decided in past PRs as well. Other players that were also in the mix for the 10th spot were Gallax, 2-DJeff, and DJ Jack, but Master Raven/Mampam proved the better out of the group to go into their own comparison

After careful deliberation and a lot of patience from the community, a panel consisting of 2link, GDX, Master Raven, Viper and Gmoney have come up with what will now become the August 2011 Florida Brawl Power Rankings.

If anyone disagrees with the following list, in any way, please let us know through private message or instant message. Any and all posts regarding the list that could be interpreted as "flaming" will be completely ignored and be severely looked down upon. If you have something constructive to say about the list, keep it that way: constructive.

Just as a reminder: this is NOT a social thread. This is a PR thread and we would like to keep it as such. The mods will be watching this thread, and should feel free to remove any posts that may be irrelevant or derail the discussion.If you want a social thread, go here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184658

How is this list made?

Power rankings are not based on rankings from tournaments. They are not based on perceived skill or opinions. Instead, they are purely based on who beats who in tournament (and PR MMs), as this is the most objective way to gauge skill.

We include results from all tournaments in our calculations, as long as they have a prize and they use the Unity Ruleset (small variations may be acceptable, such as adding/removing a stage. ie: removing Pictochat).

What is a PR MM?

Normally, money match results do not influence the PRs. This is because MMs are not only impossible to completely monitor and regulate, but also because people may want to MM eachother for practice with non-main characters or for purely fun.

To solve this problem, PR MMs were created. A PR MM is a money match done with certain restrictions:

1. It must be witnessed by a PR panelist or a judge (if you want to be one, ask!), and be done in a public setting.
  2. It must takes place at a tournament which will be counted towards the PR.
  3. It must be for at least the amount of entry to the singles bracket of the tournament.
  4. It must take place after both players are double eliminated from the bracket.
  5. You may only play a certain player two times per tournament. So if you play them two times in bracket, you can not PR MM them. If you play them once, you can PR MM them once.

How do I get on this list?

Go to tournaments! Just do your best at tournaments and go to as many as possible.

You can find FL tournaments in the Tournament Listings forum: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262

Previous Power Rankings

[collapse=October 2010]

[collapse=Reasonings]

1.Seibrik::metaknight::wario:
The most consistent player in FL.
Not a single losing record to anyone in Fl except against Shaky.(2-3)

2.ESAM::pika:

The choice between ESAM and Red Halberd for #2 was tough ,their records are very close.
Their records against Seibrik is the same situation we had with Nick Riddle/HRNUT last season.
ESAM shows great consistency with an 8-10 record against Seibrik , though we can't compare it to
Red Halberds 1-2 record with Seibrik because of consistency issues.
Both players have winning records over everone else in FL aside from one player. ESAM losing to Shaky (0-1)
and Red Halberd losing to Poltergust (2-1).Having a losing record to the unranked player Poltergust weighs in much heavier
than ESAM's losing record against Shaky(Ranked 6th in FL at the time), thus putting ESAM at spot #2.

3.Red Halberd::metaknight:

Very close to ESAM, and clearly performed better than everyone below him.
Has a winning record over every PR player hes played besides Seibrik ,along with a winning record over
every newcomer to the PR.These factors along with a really clean record of only 1 non-ranked loss to Poltergust
puts him safely over Nick Riddle.

4.Nick Riddle::zerosuitsamus:
Only has a losing record to the top 3 in Fl , with wins over every
player on the previous PR except HRNUT who he did not play.
Very consistent with no bad losses.

MVD::snake:
5.MVD has some inconsistent wins against the top 4 players , with a winning record over everyone below him.
Also managed to have a winning record over the previous 9-10 PR players (Snipa and Chaz) and no losing records to an unranked player.

6.Shaky::ness2:

Shaky was difficult to place.
He started off very late into the season with a powerful explosion. Then falling apart during the second half of his season.
(Note: Shaky only attended 3 tournaments [aside from MLG Colombus in the beginning of the season].)
Shaky was the only player in FL to have a winning record over Seibrik (3-2). Then gained losses from Afro (0-1) Ryo (1-1) and Kooky (0-1).
These factors along with an even record to MVD an even record with Xaltis and winning record over Chaz , place Shaky at 6th.

7.Xaltis::falco::metaknight:
Has a losing or even record to everyone above him on the PR , including a losing record to Chaz.
Though Xaltis still managed to have a better win/loss record than the players below him except HRNUT, and his only bad loss was to 8bitman. (0-1)

8.HRNUT::random:
The only PR player HRNUT beat this season was CO18 (ranked 7th at the time).
Though HRNUT may not have impressive wins , he has no bad losses.
Only losing to Seibrik , Red Halberd , and Chaz.
Still managing to have a winning record over Xaltis and Afro secures his spot at 8.

9.Chaz:marth::metaknight:

Chaz is definitely the glass canon of Florida.
His record is a more extreme version of Xaltis's.
He has a few wins over the top players (including 1 against Seibrik) and has a has a winning record over Xaltis ,HRNUT and Afro.
What hurts Chaz so bad is his losing record to every player 1-6. Along with a losing record to unranked players R@yvn and Mero.
Though Chaz still managed to outperform Afro and has a winning record 2-0 with him.

10.Afro:metaknight:
Has a losing record against everyone hes played on this seasons PR and last seasons PR except Snipa and Shaky.
Best win this season was against Nick Riddle 1-3.
Still managed to have a more impressive win/loss record than the players in Florida that come close to him , and sealing it with a 2-0 record against Snipa , puts Afro as the final player of this seasons PR.[/collapse]

[collapse=Record]
The following are the records used for this season's PR.

MLG Colombus
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276868

Esam beat CO18
Seibrik beat CO18
Nick Riddle beat Shaky
Shaky beat Seibrik

CEO 2010 June 5/6
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276980

Chaz lost to Mero

ESAMS's ZP Monthlies 6/19
http://img14.imageshack.us/i/singlesf.gif/

Shaky beat Chaz
Seibrik beat Esam/Shaky
ESAM beat Seibrik/Chaz
ESAM lost to MVD
Shaky lost to Xaltis
Snipa lost to Polt/Afro

R@yvn's ZP Monthlies 6/26
http://img40.imageshack.us/f/singles.gif/

ESAM beat Snipa
Seibrik beat ESAM/Chaz
Seibrik lost to MVD
ESAM lost to MVD
Snipa lost to Xaltis

ESAM's ZP Monthlies 7/10
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...10/Singles.gif

ESAM beat Seibrik 2x/Nick Riddle
Seibrik beat ESAM/Nick Riddle
Chaz lost Afro/MVD
Snipa lost to Xaltis/Gallax

Brawl & Melee Next Level Lan , presents WATO 11. 7/17
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281316

Nick Riddle beat Red Halberd/Chaz
Chaz beat HRNUT 2x
Red Halberd beat Chaz/Nick Riddle
Red halberd lost to Poltergust

R@yvn's Monthlies 2.0 7/24
http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...278440&page=18

Seibrik beat Esam/Nick Riddle
ESAM beat Seibrik/Nick Riddle
Nick Riddle beat Snipa
Snipa lost to MVD

HOOTERS BRAWL! 7/31
http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...3#post10866753

HRNUT beat CO18 2x

Willvolution 2010 7/31

Seibrik beat Nick Riddle/ESAM/Snipa
Nick Riddle beat Seibrik
ESAM beat Nick Riddle/Seibrik
Chaz lost to R@yvn
Snipa lost to Xaltis

Holy Smash Exodus 8/7
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283218

Red Halberd beat Chaz
Chaz lost to Mampam
Red Halberd lost to Xaltis

ESAM's ZP Monthlies 8/14
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...an/Singles.gif
Seibrik beat Nick Riddle/Chaz/ESAM
Nick Riddle beat ESAM
ESAM beat Chaz
Snipa lost to Afro/Eden

Seibrik Presents "There will be Pools" 8/21
Seibrik beat Esam/Chaz
Nick Riddle beat Snipa
Esam beat Seibrik 2x/Chaz 2x/Snipa
Snipa beat Esam/Chaz
Chaz beat Nick Riddle
Nick Riddle lost to Xaltis
Chaz lost to Xaltis

WATO12 - 9/04/10

Seibrik beat Red Halberd
Red Halberd beat Seibrik/Shaky/HRNUT
Shaky lost to Ryo
HRNUT lost to Xaltis

R@vyns ZP Monthlies 2.0 9/11

Shaky beat Seibrik 2x/Esam/Chaz
Seibrik beat MVD/Nick Riddle/ESAM
Nick Riddle beat Chaz
Nick Riddle lost to MVD

ESAM's ZP Monthlies 9/18
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...Singles918.gif

Seibrik beat Esam 2x
ESAM beat Seibrik/Snipa/Chaz
Snipa lost to Xaltis
Chaz lost to MVD
Shaky lost to Kooky/Afro

Next Level LAN Presents: Big Brawls (and Melees) 9/25
http://tourney.nextlevellan.com/disp...ament.php?id=9

Seibrik beat Shaky/HRNUT/Red Halberd
Red Halberd beat Nick Riddle/HRNUT
Nick Riddle lost to Afro
Shaky lost to MVD

R@yvn's monthlies 2.0
Nick Riddle beat Chaz
Chaz beat Nick Riddle

CEO STORM 10/8/10
Seibrik beat Xaltis
Xaltis beat Afro
Xaltis beat GDX
[/collapse]

[collapse=Borderline Wins-]​
NOTE: These are records of players who have beaten a player thats beaten a PR player.

Correct any mistakes!!

Seibrik-Poltergust 2x,Afro,MVD 5x,Gallax,Tommy G,R@yvn 2x, Xaltis x3,GDX,8-BitMan,Bunnyma
Nick Riddle-MVD 3x,Gallax 2x, Afro 3x,Polt,R@yvn 2x,Gabriel,Galeon
HRNUT-Xaltis 2 , Afro 2x , Hungrybox, Afro
Esam-Poltergust 3x,MVD 4x,Afro,Xaltis 2x,Gabriel
Red Halberd-Xaltis 3x, Poltergust,Afro x3,MVD
Shaky-Xaltis,Ryo
Snipa-Poltergust,Tommy G, Kooky ,
Chaz-Afro 2x, Xaltis 2x,Galeon,Eden,mampam
Xaltis- Poltergust,R@yvn 2x,Mampam,Bunnyma
Afro-Gallax, Xaltis,Bunnyma
MVD-Xaltis 3x,Afro 2x,R@yvn 3x,Hungrybox,Galeon
Poltergust-Afro, Xaltis
Hungrybox-Gallax
Tommy G-Poltergust, Afro
Gabriel - Xaltis
GDX-MVD
Galeon-Afro,kooky
8-BitMan-Xaltis
Bunnyma-R@yvn
R@yvn-8-BitMan,Eden

OTE: These are records of players who have beaten a player thats beaten a PR player.

Correct any mistakes!!

Seibrik-Poltergust 2x,Afro,MVD 5x,Gallax,Tommy G,R@yvn 2x, Xaltis x3,GDX,8-BitMan,Bunnyma
Nick Riddle-MVD 3x,Gallax 2x, Afro 3x,Polt,R@yvn 2x,Gabriel,Galeon
HRNUT-Xaltis 2 , Afro 2x , Hungrybox, Afro
Esam-Poltergust 3x,MVD 4x,Afro,Xaltis 2x,Gabriel
Red Halberd-Xaltis 3x, Poltergust,Afro x3,MVD
Shaky-Xaltis,Ryo
Snipa-Poltergust,Tommy G, Kooky ,
Chaz-Afro 2x, Xaltis 2x,Galeon,Eden,mampam
Xaltis- Poltergust,R@yvn 2x,Mampam,Bunnyma
Afro-Gallax, Xaltis,Bunnyma
MVD-Xaltis 3x,Afro 2x,R@yvn 3x,Hungrybox,Galeon
Poltergust-Afro, Xaltis
Hungrybox-Gallax
Tommy G-Poltergust, Afro
Gabriel - Xaltis
GDX-MVD
Galeon-Afro,kooky
8-BitMan-Xaltis
Bunnyma-R@yvn
R@yvn-8-BitMan,Eden[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[collapse=June 2010]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Older PRs]
#1 - 07/24/08
1. Afro
2. xYz
3. Rx-
4. cDoc
5. Linguini
6. Seibrik
7. Equi
8. Gmoney
9. HRnut
10. Tommy G

#2 - 10/28/08
1. ( ~ ) Afro
2. (+ 4) Seibrik
3. (+ 6) HRNUT
4. (New) CO18
5. (New) Lambchops
6. (+ 2) Gmoney
7. (- 4) Rx
8. (- 1) Equi
9. (+ 1) Tommy G
10. (New) GDX
[--Dropped--> cDoc/xYz/Linguini

#3 - 02/25/09
1. (+ 1) Seibrik
2. (- 1) Afro
3. (+ 1) CO18
4. (- 1) HRnut
5. (New) HungryBox
6. ( ~ ) Gmoney
7. (+ 3) GDX
8. (New) NickRiddle
9. (- 4) Lambchops
10. (- 3) Rx-
[--Dropped--> Equi/TommyG

#4 - 08/09/09
1. ( ~ ) Seibrik
2. (+ 1) CO18
3. (+ 5) Nick Riddle
4. ( ~ ) HRnut
5. (- 3) Afro
6. (New) Chaz
7. (New) ESAM
8. (- 3) Hungrybox
9. (- 2) GDX
10. (New) Meroknight
[--Dropped--> Gmoney/Chops/Rx-

#5 - 12/04/09
1. ( ~ ) Seibrik
2. (+ 2) HRNUT
3. (- 1) CO18
4. (+ 3) ESAM
5. (- 2) NickRiddle
6. (+ 3) GDX
7. (- 1) Chaz
8. (New) Red Halberd
(9 & 10 were left off,
too Rare/Inconsistent)
[/collapse]

I decided to make a new PR thread at ESAM's request (Gmoney suggested the idea too but we weren't really so certain about doing it, but at this point the last PR thread is kinda ****ing w/e now lol)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
0. high tier/high tier
1. top tier/top tier
2. top tier/top tier
3. High-mid tier
4. top tier
5. mid tier
6. mid tier
7. top tier/top tier
8. top tier
9. mid tier
10. top tier

Dat character diversity

gallax

Smash Hero
Mampam has additional losses to players like ipresea and myself.

Kyon has losing records to dfear, mampam(more than once), me(ive won 3 times), ryo(but he beat everyone so yeah), hrnut, halberd, and seibriks non-mk.

I have only lost to mampam(but beat him the next time we played), ryo, hrnut, halberd and mvd. Thats all my losses. Ive beaten everyone else ive played. My only unranked loss was ryo, but we all know hes an amazing player and deserves a spot on the PR's no matter what. Now why wasn't i a strong contendor? Please tell me.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
b/c ur **** at the game

on the real tho someone get that spreadsheet

edit: anyone who doesn't like the theme is a real jokester

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
One day I was walkin by
With a walkmen on
When I caught a guy givin me an awkward eye
And strangled him off in the parkin lot with his Karl Kani
I don't give a **** if it's dark or not
I'm harder than me tryna park a Dodge
But I'm drunk as ****
Right next to a humungous truck in a two car garage
Hoppin out with two broken legs tryna walk it off
**** you too ***** call the cops
I'ma kill you and them loud *** mutha****in barkin dogs

DFEAR

Smash Hero
this theme is the best theme, but who the hell are the first 11 guys :S

Mampam

Smash Ace
i guess its good that two more black ppl were added to the PR at the expense of one....... ;);););)

two bad im hunting both of them down this season :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:<3

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I thought me and dfear was even......
I'm sure the only reason I'm mainly on it is because I beat esam..... I wonder what's gonna happen if mk gets banned .... you beating me may drop...... quite especially since I'm getting my snake feel back. Hrnut one day is all I need from you.....
also why is it your the only one complaining about me being there?
:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
So.
I want everyone to be aware.
That i no longer have a layerd version of this picture. I accidentally deleted it last night, after Raven posted the multi-text version (draft) i sent him.

I then preceded for 3 hours to clone the background of this image and delete all the numbers and names from it which was ****ing obnoxious.

I'm not going to do that again.
Enjoy this font.
Deal with it.

And thanks for that awesome post viper.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
......... <3 <3 <3
To add to my last post gallax since I don't wanna edit again. Not to worry I'm sure I won't be on it next time. You can have your fun being on the PR I thought you didn't care about lol

:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Everyone says they don't care.

But thats like saying i didn't wanna be the cool kid in high school.

But i was basically the Master Raven back then.
I didn't have to try :awesome:

Top Bottom