• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6b Dolphin C-Stick Issues

Animignis

Smash Cadet
Title of the bug: C-Stick Issues in Dolphin
Version found in: PM 3.6 Beta, Dolphin 6554
Hardware you are running: Intel i7 Processor, Windows 7, Lenovo W530 ThinkPad, nVidia Quadro K1000M GPU, Official Nintendo Gamecube Adapter for Wii U
Loading Method: Dolphin (Netplay Community Build)

Details: The C-Stick works fine in the menus, works perfectly for Melee (20XX and Vanilla), works once in-game then does really weird things. Most of the time after using C-stick once it will just not do anything but sometimes it will cause my character to shield, spot dodge, or roll. I tested in the control settings test environment as well and changed the C-stick input from "Smash" to "Attack" for tilts instead and it worked much more consistently with the only problem being that a neutral attack would randomly happen instead of the desired tilt or aerial. While in "Smash" mode for the C-stick, the controls testing room still registers the input of the C-stick (displayed on screen) even if it isn't doing anything or is still shielding. I have tried messing with the deadzone values but with no different results.

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
The neutral attack thing is probably you hitting a diagonal. When c stick is set to attack, diagonal inputs do nairs (and jabs?). I use dolphin and haven't had this issue, but I also don't have the exact hardware (or the same adapter).

Narpas_sword

with the official adapter, you shouldn't be adjusting deadzones, you should have it set to direct connect using the native support.
Brawl requires the c-stick to return to neutral before registering a new input.

Either way, this doesn't sound like a PM bug. more like a user / hardware / controller issue, moving to Help and support.

id suggest getting native support up and running for the adapter. then testing other controllers.

Last edited:

Animignis

Smash Cadet
@ TheGravyTrain TheGravyTrain : Yeah, that sounds about right...
@ Narpas_sword Narpas_sword : That is not the problem since (despite the "jab* and "nair" inputs that TheGravyTrain pointed out is just because of diagonal inputs) it registers all inputs just fine when set to "attack" but does weird things when set to "smash" like shielding, dodging, rolling, or just plain doing nothing after its first use in game. If it were a matter of it not registering the input it would not work for "attack" mode either versus "smash" correct? Or does it work differently for the two modes?

Animignis

Smash Cadet
I've been using native, so adjusting the deadzones shouldn't do anything in theory then, right?

Animignis

Smash Cadet
I have tested other controllers, I get the same problems. And no, I do not have vjoy installed.

Top Bottom