• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Beta - Roy is too quiet.

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
Title says it all. Started a match as Roy, and I could barely hear him. Kirby sounded like a semi truck compared to Roy.

Celestis

Smash Ace
Okay so this was not just my TV. I thought he sounded Quiet.

A lot of the sounds in this version are all over the place in volume, actually. Really takes away from some of the impact.

TremblantMawile

Smash Rookie
I'm having the same problem with Roy being too quiet. I'm running Hackless on Wii. It seems to occur at all times with Roy's voice clips (His SFX are fine), though it's most noticeable on the win screen.

Is there any other information I could provide to help with identifying the problem?

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
title doesnt say it all.

Hardware you are running:
Loading Method:
Oops yeah sorry! I'm running on a Hackless Wii. Full Set. I use an SD card and open the Brawl stage builder thingy (Idk what the process is called.), which I think most of the Hackless Wii users do.

camelot

Smash Ace
Hey, I commented on this here: http://smashboards.com/threads/sfx-have-mixed-volumes-3-6-beta.407638/#post-19502120

Basically, Roy and Mewtwo's sounds are quieter than in 3.5 because their sounds were moved from the boss sound banks, which had high volumes set for all of their sounds (Roy moreso). In 3.6, Roy and Mewtwo share Marth and Lucario's sound banks (respectively), which makes the sounds quieter by comparison, even though the sound effects themselves weren't modified at all.

Roy and Mewtwo's sound volumes are more consistent with those of other characters in 3.6, but it seems quite a few things are a bit too quiet. Working on fixing them.

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I commented on this here: http://smashboards.com/threads/sfx-have-mixed-volumes-3-6-beta.407638/#post-19502120

Basically, Roy and Mewtwo's sounds are quieter than in 3.5 because their sounds were moved from the boss sound banks, which had high volumes set for all of their sounds (Roy moreso). In 3.6, Roy and Mewtwo share Marth and Lucario's sound banks (respectively), which makes the sounds quieter by comparison, even though the sound effects themselves weren't modified at all.

Roy and Mewtwo's sound volumes are more consistent with those of other characters in 3.6, but it seems quite a few things are a bit too quiet. Working on fixing them.
Hello good sir, I actually had a bit of a technical question regarding how Roy's SFX are sharing space with Marth's SFX (and likewise with Mewtwo and Lucario.)

How exactly is it done?

I took a peek into the 26.sawnd file using Super Sawndz and I saw that Roy's voice SFX were basically put into Marth's "action" based SFX, but how does the game know when to switch between Roy's SFX and Marth's SFX when you're using either character?

Does it choose what SFX play based on the FitMarth.pac or FitRoy.pac or something like that?

The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to attempt bringing in Roy over Marth in the Subspace Emissary (since Roy isn't a selectable character in SSE yet.)

I was able to bring in Roy's moveset and costume into SSE in 3.5, but the trade off was that his sound effects wouldn't play for some reason. (This was back when his soundbank had replaced one of the boss sound banks.)

I'd now like to try again in 3.6, but this time while retaining Roy's voice SFX, could you give me a little more information on how the game determines whose (Roy's or Marth's) soundbanks play?

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
The only way to make voices louder is to edit the volume parameter of the .brsar using BrawlBox. But yes, Roy and Mewtwo's voices and sfx are much too quiet at their default levels.

Top Bottom