• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Beta - Link Grab Animation Glitch

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
Hackless Wii. I use the common way with a 2gb SD card and going to Brawl's stage builder.

Details: I was playing on the ASL Yoshi's Story64 with my brother. I was Link and he was Toon Link. I grabbed him from a relatively far distance (near the maximum grab range), and he said, "Woah! Did you see that?!" I grabbed him again, and got this picture below. If you can't see because of the poor quality, Link's chain is disconnected from his clawshot. My borther tried this to me with Toon Link. It wasn't as dramatic, but the same thing happened. The chain slightly got disconnected.

Attachment: Click here to see the picture.

Custom Content: NOPE

camelot

Smash Ace
If that was accompanied by the chain freezing in place, then having the grabbed player "warp" to Link suddenly instead of getting slowly pulled like normal, it's a bug from Brawl. That happens with Link and Toon Link's chains if they happen to grab someone after having fully extended. I've been trying to figure out a workaround for this.

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
Ahh. I always wondered about that. Thank you! It's good to know someone's working at it!

Top Bottom