• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[3.5] fox shine ledge cancel

hemisphere

Smash Cadet
Version: 3.5 - Homebrew Full Set
2GB SD Card - NTSC Wii
No other mods, just PM

I think this may already be known by the PM team but I didn't see it posted anywhere unless I'm searching the wrong thing. If needed, I can record a video although it's quite easy to do.

This is something that's been in previous versions of PM but more noticeable in older versions. When you try to ledge cancel a shine in Project M with fox (the same way you'd ledge cancel an aerial attack but with shine instead), multiple shines will come out VERY quickly. You can hear it if you listen carefully, but visually, it's not so noticeable in this version. It's better if you do it on 1/4 speed in training mode where you can actually see multiple shines come out.

I don't think these shines actually do anything and act like 1 shine, but it's something I noticed from previous versions and find it strange it's still not fixed. Perhaps it's unknown how to fix it or maybe too difficult? I'm not sure if it is possible to do this in melee.

hemisphere

Smash Cadet
I just tested it now on 1/4 with hitbox visuals enabled and 1 frame advancing. It's really difficult for me to be able to pause right when the hitbox first comes out because it's so fast, but I THINK it only came out once. Visually though, I was able to count 3 shines that came out. I'll keep trying to 100% confirm the hitboxes.

EDIT: Okay, I finally got it and can confirm there is only 1 hitbox, and visually there are TWO shines, like you mentioned with the sound.

My bug report was mainly about the visuals and sound anyway. Just curious why it happens and why it's still in 3.5.

Last edited:

$heen

Smash Ace
In general, game speed modifiers don't work properly in PM. A lot of the physics breaks down if you try playing at 1/4 speed. Frame advance should be accurate though.

As for the glitch, it looks like the GFX and SFX portions of the shine are restarting when you leave the ground. This should hopefully be fixable for the next patch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom