• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2GGC: Greninja Saga Discussion

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/2ggaming

Brackets: https://smash.gg/tournament/2ggc-greninja-saga/events

Notable attendees;

ZeRo :4diddy::4lucina:
Mr. R :4sheik:
Nairo :4zss:
Ally :4mario:
VoiD :4sheik:
Abadango :4bayonetta::4mewtwo:
ANTi :4sheik::4mario::4zss::4cloud2:
komorikiri :4cloud2::4sonic:
Ranai :4villager::4lucina:
Tweek :4cloud2::4dk:
Captain Zack :4bayonetta:
Mr. E :4lucina::4marth:
Locus :4ryu:
Samsora :4peach:
Rich Brown :4mewtwo:
Elegant :4luigi:
Falln :rosalina:
Tyrant :4metaknight:
NAKAT :4fox::4ness::4lucina:
FOW :4ness:

All the frogs:

Some :4greninja:
iStudying :4greninja:
Oisiitofu :4greninja:
Elexiao :4greninja:
Lea :4greninja:
Shiki :4greninja:
Tampra :4greninja:
Waveguider :4greninja:
NinjaLink :4greninja:
Venia :4greninja:
Stroder :4greninja:
Donquavious :4greninja:
Akashic :4greninja:
Nova! :4greninja:
IceArrow :4greninja:
Shinejoebi :4greninja:
PHaZeXER0 :4greninja:

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
NotATK Pool Analysis NotATK

A1: Mr. R :4sheik:, IceArrow :4greninja:, Eon :4fox:, SS :4villager::4ness:
A2: Larry Lurr :4fox:, Snoop :4yoshi:, DSS :4metaknight:, Luhtie :4zss:
A3: Tweek :4cloud2:, ven :4zelda:, iStudying :4greninja:, Soulimar :4olimar:
A4: VoiD :4sheik:, Cyro :4falco:, Xzax :4fox:, Lea :4greninja:
A5: Locus :4ryu:, Meteor :4sonic:, Mr. E :4lucina:, Regi Shikimi :4gaw:
A6: Abadango :4bayonetta:, Razo :4peach:, NAKAT :4fox:, Venia :4greninja:
A7: Samsora :4peach:, Zex :4sheik:, FOW :4ness:, Phoenix :4sonic:, Tempra :4greninja:
A8: Elegant :4luigi:, Teb :4mario:, Falln :rosalina:, Shiki :4greninja:, Donquavious :4greninja:
B1: ZeRo :4diddy:, Z :4pikachu:, Charliedaking :4fox:, ImHip :4olimar:, Nova! :4greninja:
B2: Nairo :4zss:, Waveguider :4greninja:, Mekos :4lucas:, Oisiitofu :4greninja:, Aarvark :4villager:
B3: Ally :4mario:, Taternator :4bowserjr:, B7games :4drmario:, Tyrant :4metaknight:, Zan :4tlink:
B4: komorikiri :4cloud2:, Akashic :4greninja:, Ghost :4fox:, Legit :4diddy:, JK :4bayonetta:
B5: Captain Zack :4bayonetta:, NinjaLink :4greninja:, Some :4greninja:, Jtails :4diddy:
B6: Edge :4diddy:, Elexiao :4greninja:, Zenyou :4mario:, IC :4diddy:, PHaZeX3R0 :4greninja:
B7: ANTi :4mario:, SlayerZ :4peach:, Ac :4metaknight:, Vash :4littlemac:
B8: Ranai :4villager:, TLTC :4palutena:, Rich Brown :4mewtwo:, Stroder :4greninja:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Quick analysis:

Falln will probably beat Elegant if he beats Shiki, he's dominated him pretty badly in the past. Ranai's chances of being upsetted by TLTC is probably decent but I wouldn't hold my breath. I doubt he'll beat Rich Brown. ANTi has a good chance of losing to SlayerZ, his records against Peach (IE Samsora) aren't great.

Also, if Elexiao plays another frog he'll probably go Pac-Man, he's handled iStudying pretty well before with him and I could see it working well against the frogs that aren't Japanese/Venia. WaveGuider will probably go Wii Fit against other Frogs for a similar reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiURgoho1mw

EDIT: JK & ImHip take it over ZeRo & Nairo 2-1 in pools!

Last edited:

Finh009

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Finh009
Upsets already?

Wow...

Edit: Larry Lurr :4fox:+ Zenyou :4mario:2-0 ZeRo :4diddy:+ Nairo :4cloud2:

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
ZeRo and Nairo went 1-2 in doubles

Singles starting soon on the main stream, top 12 doubles will continue on the secondary one

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Quick analysis:

Falln will probably beat Elegant if he beats Shiki, he's dominated him pretty badly in the past. Ranai's chances of being upsetted by TLTC is probably decent but I wouldn't hold my breath. I doubt he'll beat Rich Brown. ANTi has a good chance of losing to SlayerZ, his records against Peach (IE Samsora) aren't great.

Also, if Elexiao plays another frog he'll probably go Pac-Man, he's handled iStudying pretty well before with him and I could see it working well against the frogs that aren't Japanese/Venia. WaveGuider will probably go Wii Fit against other Frogs for a similar reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiURgoho1mw

EDIT: JK & ImHip take it over ZeRo & Nairo 2-1 in pools!
To add on to that, IceArrow told me on Wednesday that he will go Mario against other Greninja if his back is to the wall.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Donquavious :4greninja: 2-0 shiki :4greninja:

Shiki got dissected

Oh, and IceArrow :4greninja: is already out, losing 0-2 to Mudomo :substitute: and WildFire :substitute:

First Frog down

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
Regi :4gaw: 2-0 Mr. E :4marth::4lucina: (don't know which he used)
He goes on to face Locus. I hope that's on stream as the G&W:Ryu matchup is a rare one.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Frog snagged an upset

Lea :4greninja: 2 -1 VoiD :4sheik:

edit: frog'd

Last edited:

Finh009

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Finh009
Locus :4ryu: 2-1 Regi :4gaw:

Kinda disappointed he lost. Hopefully he has a good losers run.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Razo :4peach: 2-0 Venia :4greninja:

Venia placed 49th, second frog to drown in pools

Last edited:

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
Locus :4ryu: 2-1 Regi :4gaw:

Kinda disappointed he lost. Hopefully he has a good losers run.
Quite frankly Regi didn't play all that well. There was a lack of USmash to stop Locus' more horizontal options, leaning towards the laggy SH ( FF ) Bairs and sometimes Nair. UpAir for juggling purposes and 2 hits can also be good. Regi was quite unsafe in some wrong places, and his ledge options were kind of subpar. Too many openings for Locus to strike, which is what happened in Game 2 & 3. Hopefully, he learns from his mistakes.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
So happy for Razo! Been doing great at SoCal locals and it looks like Razo's chance to shine at a big event might happen now!

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Shine :4villager:/:4lucas:(not sure Tetra and Zinoto mentioned he used both) > Xzax

EDIT - It was Lucas

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Quite frankly Regi didn't play all that well. There was a lack of USmash to stop Locus' more horizontal options, leaning towards the laggy SH ( FF ) Bairs and sometimes Nair. UpAir for juggling purposes and 2 hits can also be good. Regi was quite unsafe in some wrong places, and his ledge options were kind of subpar. Too many openings for Locus to strike, which is what happened in Game 2 & 3. Hopefully, he learns from his mistakes.
I hope these matches were recorded, since the Ryu MU isn't bad for Game & Watch at all. Except, ya know, being the third lightest character in the game when your opponent has a move that can be comboed into to kill you at 70% or earlier. Game & Watch's strengths basically are perfect to exploit Ryu's weaknesses though.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Any idea why the pro controller wouldn't work. I can't recall hearing such a thing happen before

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Venia complained about the wireless inteference at Civil War too, so I'm not surprised the venue is messing with him. The sad life of playing on pro controllers :/

:150:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
P*%2BH2H7]]]]]]]]]//////////////////////////////
Venia complained about the wireless inteference at Civil War too, so I'm not surprised the venue is messing with him. The sad life of playing on pro controllers :/

I wasn't even aware he was at civil war. Is it an issue with the venue or the number of players?

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
P*%2BH2H7]]]]]]]]]//////////////////////////////

I wasn't even aware he was at civil war. Is it an issue with the venue or the number of players?
Porbably because of how many phones are in that one room. That'd be my guess. Venia, usually only plays at smaller New York locals.

Top Bottom