• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I removed the Asynchronous Timer: 79 and I just copied the flags from Attack11 and pasted them into the flags for the taunt. I have been fervently testing the taunt but it still won't hit anything. I don't see what I'm doing wrong. If you want, we can take this to PM instead of filling this topic up with back and forth "conversation".

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I removed the Asynchronous Timer: 79 and I just copied the flags from Attack11 and pasted them into the flags for the taunt. I have been fervently testing the taunt but it still won't hit anything. I don't see what I'm doing wrong. If you want, we can take this to PM instead of filling this topic up with back and forth "conversation".
Sure, although I'm not certain anything terribly important would be happening in this thread otherwise.

If you collisions are still not working, I suggest trying a regular Offensive Collision. Also, make sure you are using the right taunt when testing it out -- remember that there is a left and right version of each taunt. (That's screwed me up a couple times before.)

Ocaroona

Smash Rookie
Sakurai angle

Awesome guide, though if any criticism, I'd maybe throw in that trajectory angles(damage etc in offensive collisions) are in hex so people don't get confused.

And I'm not sure if it's true or not with the Sakurai angle, but it translates from hex to dec as 361 so I assume it's a 1 degree angle which would explain the grounded/not effect, would this seem true?

In any case, this guide is helping immensely, thanks a bunch!

Kinryu

Smash Cadet
Quick question how would I go about giving my character multiple jumps?

ClinkStryphart125

Smash Cadet
Um I know this is gonna sound weird but how would I go about making Ike be able to do >B without going into specialfall i'm guessing that would be specialF. I'm not 100% sure on this also the same thing with Ivysaur make him not go into special fall after using vinewhip to grab the ledge. (lets face it its his only downfall same with olimar).

please correct me if I'm wrong.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Um I know this is gonna sound weird but how would I go about making Ike be able to do >B without going into specialfall i'm guessing that would be specialF. I'm not 100% sure on this also the same thing with Ivysaur make him not go into special fall after using vinewhip to grab the ledge. (lets face it its his only downfall same with olimar).

please correct me if I'm wrong.
Look around in his Actions, and edit every Action that relates to his Side+B. The only thing you need change is, where it says Change Action 10, make it say Change Action E.

Same for Ivysaur and his Up+B.

ClinkStryphart125

Smash Cadet
it works fine at the moment of what you told me to do but is there a limiter on how much ivysaur can actually do his ^B by this I mean the total ammount of times that he is able to spam upB. I know off the ledge he can only do it 3 times as a recovery thing sorta similar to all tethers. its just rediculus seeing Ivysaur being able to go up up and away lol.

KirbyOwnage

Smash Rookie
When ever i try to open a file in Smash Attacks! i get a error, when i click the open button, in the "File" menu. What should i do?

ClinkStryphart125

Smash Cadet
I dunno wish I could be of help but the same thing happens when I try to view Ivysaur 5.0 from Brawl+ and same thing with balanced brawl Ivysaur data. however it doesnt happen when I view 6.0 Ivy data. I'm guessing find a new file or something.

Anyone know if it would be possible to give peach a double jump?

Velnior

Smash Rookie
Just a couple of quick questions...
1. Is it possible to give someone other than Peach her hover ability?
2. How do you change whether or not a character is disabled after their moves?

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
Is there any kind of "if target is attacked/ hit command"

I'm working on a PSA and the person wants it so when kirby uses his rock shield it also acts like Ness's PSI magnet (which I know is impossiable), but I was thinking of making it so that if ur hit in the rock shield you heal like 5% or something.

Kinryu

Smash Cadet
When I edit Dedede using Dant's mod how do I then save the file so it will work? I have tried a few things but everytime I start brawl and select dedede the game freezes :(

Is there a different way than using the new PSA and Dantarions mod that I can edit dedede and the pokemon and that I can be sure will not corrupt when saved?

Velnior

Smash Rookie
How do you change how high/far a char goes with their up/side+B attacks?

and is it possible to give someone other than Peach the ability to hover?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Is there any kind of "if target is attacked/ hit command"

I'm working on a PSA and the person wants it so when kirby uses his rock shield it also acts like Ness's PSI magnet (which I know is impossiable), but I was thinking of making it so that if ur hit in the rock shield you heal like 5% or something.
Unfortunately, unless the character takes damage or goes into a knockback animation, there is no way to track if/when you've been struck.

Shion5988

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. I am just wondering if anyone can give me any programming advice on how I would

implement the following for Link in PSA:

-Have Link's Clawshot do the following when in contact with walls...

1) Link will automatically be pulled in by the wall just as he would be pulled in by the edge once you've grasped the edge with your Clawshot and pressed 'A' or 'Z' (with no ability to hang from his chain).

2) As Link is in contact with the wall, he will be in his 'PassiveWall' animation state (just like Diddy, Lucario, etc. with their Wall Cling ability).

3) While Link is holding onto the wall with his Clawshot, he is given ONLY ONE WALL JUMP (Link should still not be able to Wall Jump at all freely is what I mean), which is one way to escape from his Wall Cling.

4) And while in his Wall Jump animation, switch the animation to a 'JumpB' animation, reversing his direction so that he is able to use his Clawshot to sweetspot the edge of a stage (if there is one).

I know this is a load of thinking process but I have pretty much used all of my programming knowledge to use; and I will tell you guys that my knowledge about programming is limiting. So my last resort is to ask the Hacking Community to help me since I can think of no other way to meet great programmers.

Any help for this move will be greatly appreciated.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Hello everyone. I am just wondering if anyone can give me any programming advice on how I would

implement the following for Link in PSA:

-Have Link's Clawshot do the following when in contact with walls...

1) Link will automatically be pulled in by the wall just as he would be pulled in by the edge once you've grasped the edge with your Clawshot and pressed 'A' or 'Z' (with no ability to hang from his chain).

2) As Link is in contact with the wall, he will be in his 'PassiveWall' animation state (just like Diddy, Lucario, etc. with their Wall Cling ability).

3) While Link is holding onto the wall with his Clawshot, he is given ONLY ONE WALL JUMP (Link should still not be able to Wall Jump at all freely is what I mean), which is one way to escape from his Wall Cling.

4) And while in his Wall Jump animation, switch the animation to a 'JumpB' animation, reversing his direction so that he is able to use his Clawshot to sweetspot the edge of a stage (if there is one).

I know this is a load of thinking process but I have pretty much used all of my programming knowledge to use; and I will tell you guys that my knowledge about programming is limiting. So my last resort is to ask the Hacking Community to help me since I can think of no other way to meet great programmers.

Any help for this move will be greatly appreciated.
At this point, not even the top hackers are sure how to go about even clinging to walls with tethers. So you'll have to wait on that one, I'm sorry.

Shion5988

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the reply TheSilenceOfNoOne.

What if I just wanted Link to Wall Cling instead of having to use his tether and implement from #2 and onwards from my previous post? I'm sure that you and other PSA hackers would be able to help me with that one since I saw very similar attributes in some PSA characters that were released already, such as Eldiran's Zero Link.

Gammastar

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to run any kind of variable checking (if-compare, switch, etc.) in the GFX event list? I have been trying to change sword glow based on a variable (which after I succeed in this will also affect damage type on all moves and certain other moves), but I can't get it to work. I'm guessing that you just can't put things like that in the GFX event list. Any idea how this should be done?

EDIT: I found 4 consecutive empty sub-actions and tried to use those for the variable changing in Main and sword glows in GFX, but I can't get the game to go to those sub-actions.

EDIT 2: Forget it, I figured it out.

Michi

Smash Apprentice
Ok, ignore my last post. I know it now :D
but i have a new question. Can I export the whole "Sub Actions" folder in Smash Attacks! ?

DarkXehanort

Smash Rookie
Say I want Echo Blade Sheik, but I don't want to replace the original Sheik entirely. Is it possible to replace one of her alt costumes with EBS through a method similar to texture hacking?

Giovan Hyuuga

Smash Rookie
Sadly, no. You can try I suppose, but it shouldn't work.

Also, how do I make things dissapear and reappear?

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
My Marths up B doesn't go up...

hey guys I was wondering if you guys could help my problem, so for my marth PSA the upB is a small squat about 3 frames, then a small jump which ends at frame 7 then he tucks up into a ball with his sword up into frame 13. Then until frame 55 he does 6 front flips 7 frames each then he reverts back to normal and whatnot. The problem is in the PSA, i think... well anyways when I do the move in brawl he does the jump until frame 7 but then goes back down to the ground without actually spinning or gaining any REAL height.

94teen

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know where I can find the code that deals with shields? I want to know how the game makes those Jump Cancel-able so that I can make reflectors and such JCable.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Make character maneuverable in air[PSA]

Is there a way to make a character be able to move while in air while doing a move. Say the character jumps into the air and moves in one direction for a set distance but can move slightly while in the air. Like Lucario's Up-B but less move-able.

Thanks in advance.:)

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
hey guys I was wondering if you guys could help my problem, so for my marth PSA the upB is a small squat about 3 frames, then a small jump which ends at frame 7 then he tucks up into a ball with his sword up into frame 13. Then until frame 55 he does 6 front flips 7 frames each then he reverts back to normal and whatnot. The problem is in the PSA, i think... well anyways when I do the move in brawl he does the jump until frame 7 but then goes back down to the ground without actually spinning or gaining any REAL height.
Did you remember to check Moves Character and everything like that?

Does anyone know where I can find the code that deals with shields? I want to know how the game makes those Jump Cancel-able so that I can make reflectors and such JCable.
I'm not sure what JC-ing is, but if it's leaving the shield laglessly by tap jumping without dropping it, you can always detect upwards control stick movement and then Change Action into a jump... would that work?

Is there a way to make a character be able to move while in air while doing a move. Say the character jumps into the air and moves in one direction for a set distance but can move slightly while in the air. Like Lucario's Up-B but less move-able.

Thanks in advance.:)
You mean that the character might always move forwards like Falco's side-B but can influence the up and down movement a little? Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by that, but if what I said is right, then you can have the animation have the forwards movement and the slight movements can be controlled using control stick inputs and momentum... does that make sense? Sorry for not understanding.

Darklinkreturns

Smash Rookie
How would I replace link's bombs with another item?

I want to use a specific texture with link, and I want to replace his bombs with deku nuts.
How would I go about doing this?
^^;;

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Okay I have a question. It shows how to change the flag of the animation in the OP, but that only shows if I want it to be one element. If I wanted to do two elements, for the same hitbox/attack. Then would it be like this?
Example:
Original Flag: *rest of the attack flag*22
New Flag: *rest of the attack flag*40 for fire + darkness
Because: 13 + 5 = 18 and 22+ 18 = 40

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
No, that's not the way it works... are you NaruZeldaMaster from KC-MM?

And to make things clear, animation flags are the checkboxes that say "Moves Character" or whatnot. What you're talking about are hitbox flags.

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
No, that's not the way it works... are you NaruZeldaMaster from KC-MM?

And to make things clear, animation flags are the checkboxes that say "Moves Character" or whatnot. What you're talking about are hitbox flags.

I'm talking about the last two digits in the drop down list when you go to modify a hitbox to change the element of the attack. Sorry X_X You know when you scroll all the way to the left of the attack and where the hitboxes are the last thing it says is "flags"

And what does that have to do with anything? >_> But yeah, I am... either way how would I do that then?

Top Bottom