• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D

Deleted member

Ok I'll just post the more detailed stuff here:

-you need to know hexadecimal.
-from the NTSC codes in the .gct file, you need to know which ones have been ported.
(I will give a list of that)
-you need to know how to copy/paste.
(you will do this a LOT, so get used to mashing ctrl+c, ctrl+v)
-you need a lot of patience, since all the chracter .pac files need to get redone. this is actually where it helps a lot that there are multiple people willing to help, since each can do a portion of the files.

tools required:
-notepad (or something like it)
-codemanager, the program to compile .gct files
-PSA, obviously
-in very rare occasions a HEX-editot could help, but I doubt it.

those that are still interested, please PM an MSN adress.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I guess i would like to apply for the job... But i don't know how PSA works. I do know the basics, but not the difficult stuff like changing animations or stuff like that. About hex, well, i don't really know how it works. But can you teach me these things?

D

Deleted member

yes that shouldn't be too hard. PSA you only need the tool, not actual skill to know what you are doing, because it comes down to copying all SFX data from the PAL .pacs over to to the B+ NTSC .pac files.

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
Not hard at all once you get it. ;)
Normally we count in a decimal numeral system, which is: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
After that we go further like 10, 11, etc.
Hexadecimal is the same, but with 16 numbers: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F.
After that, it's 10, 11... but it represents a different value.
So 10 in decimal equals A in hex, 16 in decimal equals 10 in hex, 20 in decimal equals 14 in hex and so on.
If you're having trouble with figuring out how to convert dec to hex, you can do it with the calculator on the pc. First open the calculator, go to View and select Scientific. Then enter the decimal value, and select Hex afterwards. ;)
I hope this helps!

D

Deleted member

okay, a lot of people have responded and I think the following is the easiest way to ge this set ported.

-I will do the actual .gct file which has some new codes so might be kinda tricky.
-others (AKA you reading this) will each port a number of .pac files.

you port a .pac file with the following method
-open up the 5.0 NTSC file of a character and open up the PAL file of that character in another window.
-go to subactions and from the events list, select "SFX" (for both)
-scroll down through the subactions of the NTSC set until you find one with an SFX effect in it.
-go to that same subaction in the PAL file
-change the stuff in the NTSC window to what you see in the PAL window.
-scroll to the next subaction in the NTSC file with sound etc. etc. until you reach the end of the file.

-save the NTSC file to a new location. (because this is now ported to PAL)

it really is easy, but each character usually has 500 subactions (probably only 40% has SFX though) so it is a LOT of work. I suggest that each person that wants to help claims 5 or so characters to do.

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
Okay, I'll start with Captain Falcon, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, and Falco.
Let's post which .pac files everyones going to port, so we don't port the same .pac twice.

Qaomen

Smash Cadet

V-K

Smash Ace
Hey, I tried it today, and I have a problem.
If I open a PAC file it does work but when I open another window and open the other PAC file I get "Error reading file". oO

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
I had the same problem, but it's easy to fix. Just make another folder with the Smash Attacks program in it.
Apparently it's only possible to open 1 pac file with "one" program, so putting another Smash Attacks in a different location and use both will fix it.

V-K

Smash Ace
Alright thank you seems to work ;)

EDIT: Okay I did Fox now, I hope I didn´t miss anything

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
I had that same problem initially, it took me until it said the data folder was being used by another process to figure out I need two copies. It's not really that hard but it is so boring. PK must have the boring and hard stuff to do :p.

Ganon's done now. I had to do it twice because my memory stick decided to wipe itself. Back ups are important!

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
I think you have to use that .pac in Brawl, and check if the sound effects work properly.

Anyways, I'm done with the 5 pacs I chose (Falcon, Dedede, Diddy/Donkey Kong, Falco), so I'll do GaW, Ike, Kirby, Bowser, and Lucario next.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I'm unable to open the PAL .pac files for some reason. Everytime I open a pal .pac it says 'Error reading file'. It's not the same problem V-K had, I just can't open the .pac files AT ALL. Have I downloaded the wrong .pacs or am I doing something else wrong?

I'm sorry, but I'm just really bad at these things. :urg:

:052:

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
I just checked the filefront link, and it seems that the pacs included are texture files, not the pac files with the character data in it. I tried to open it with SA and I got the same error.

Here's one with the proper files: http://www.mediafire.com/?ywakmz3y3e2
I accidently put in some pacs in the .zip that don't need to be ported, but you'll see which ones are unnecessary, as the NTSC version doesn't have those pacs.

Julio_TFP

Smash Cadet
Yeah, a TAS Video are Smashes Video (and other videogames) which are called "Perfect Controller". Because FPS = 1 Frame Per Second.

Exists code to do that?

V-K

Smash Ace
I don´t think people can code that and even if that was possible, there is actually no point in doing that except having hundreds of TAS combos on youtube.

Julio_TFP

Smash Cadet
Im not so sure. Maybe seeing what is possible with frame-perfect execution can help the metagame?
Yeah, I want to try what happen with B-Reversal in the ground (characters start a little dash) and when it finish, they use B. I think, is posible to cancel it. Or something.

But the code don´t exist :(

NNID
Budget_Player
I think because not enough people care about PAL. Think about it; most of the Brawl+ players who are actually interested have either gotten or are going to get an NTSC disk thanks to region free. I've given up hope of ever seeing brawl+ 5.0 ported. This thread doesn't get much activity anyways, and I guess there aren't really that many PAL users around, so it's in the welcome wagon links and that's it.

Okay, it's pretty stupid. >.>

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah, a TAS Video are Smashes Video (and other videogames) which are called "Perfect Controller". Because FPS = 1 Frame Per Second.

Exists code to do that?
Not sure if there's one for PAL (probably not) but, look for Debug Pause and Button Modifier, those will allow you to do what you're asking for.

D

Deleted member

bump because this should be stickied, like it was. PAL already has barely any place to talk.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
The reason why it got unstuck in the first place by a mod is that the database was last updated back in May and we didn't see anything else coming from it...

Looking back a few pages I see there are different reasons for restickying: as BPC said there's barely any talk for PAL users, and secondly as long as this thread is active (I see you guys are trying to port Brawl+ from NTSC to PAL) it definitely won't be destickied. (Probably the same reason the old Welcome Wagon was destickied was because Cape didn't update OP)

Restickied.

Top Bottom