• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SonioNineteen

Smash Apprentice
Every time when I try to use the Custom CSS code it always give no effect to the amount of characters I want but instead misplace the characters with the original CSS

BrOWSER

Smash Rookie
The CSS code is glitchy and does not work.
I replaced XX by 08 in the first line (to display only 8 characters), i kept the first 8 lines with YY and put the numbers of each characters i wanted, and finally i deleted the code lines i don't used. I put the code into my .txt cheat codes file then i launched it with the code manager application, and it generated the .gtc file. I launched the game with Gecko 1091, and i went into Brawl mode.
All the characters icon are still displayed, and when i moved my P1 token on the first 8 characters in the first horizontal line, i saw the 8 characters i enabled with the code (in the P1 window), but the icons showed the normal characters. When i moved the token above the others characters and tried to place it, nothing happened. And when i opened a CPU slot, the token was frozen on "random" and couldn't be moved.

Here is the code i used:
055DB41B 00000008
055DB350 00000000
055DB354 00000005
055DB358 00000008
055DB35C 0000000C
055DB360 00000014
055DB364 0000001A
055DB368 0000001B
055DB36C 00000026

I detailed everything i did to make the problem research as easy as possible. Please tell me what i did wrong... and i want to know if the number of code lines matters when i enable less characters than lines ?
Thanks ! :)

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Oo,It worked for me,and I did not test this code for a long time.
So if it don't work,I can't work on it anymore sorry

D

Deleted member

lol, just looked at the code and each next line overwrites the previous, making all character values "00"

BrOWSER, give the code I posted a shot, doubt the results are different but it a least doesn't overwrite the prvious lines.

BrOWSER

Smash Rookie
already said back in february that the code can be shortened by a huge amount then it would look like this:

Code:
055DB41B 000000XX
075DB350 000000YY
00ZZ00ZZ 00ZZ00ZZ
00ZZ00ZZ 00ZZ00ZZ
etc.

XX and ZZ are the same, YY is number
of chracters x2
but the main problem is the fact that you can't use ZSS, seperate pokemon and to a lesser extent giga, warioman and zako's

and without those it cannot be used for B+
You're meaning that code ? I'm sorry, i don't understand how it works... and why each line of the code i used overwrites the previous lines? It's just a copy/paste of the CSS code i found in this topic, and i replaced the XX by the number of characters and the ZZ by the 8 characters IDs...
I'm lost :dizzy:

Edit: Oh, now i'm thinking, maybe there is a minimum number of characters, under this number the CSS does not work ? I'm going to test with more characters (20 i think), i'll tell you if it worked or not.

Edit 2: Still not working, i did copy/paste of the whole code Master hand gave, i put 20 characters and in the other lines i replaced ZZ by 28 (no character), but it is just like before... I'm getting crazy...

SonioNineteen

Smash Apprentice
I just have tested Snake but there are few mistakes in it and I can't fix them because my computer keep on freezing for some reason every time I open Smash Attacks. It was working before though :(

Can someone help me finish porting Snake or find a solution to my problem.

Edit: Ignore this post I fix it my dad deleted my Microsoft .net Framework v3.5

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Can someone make me the hitstun code to make 3x time more hitstun in Brawl.

MysticLink93

Smash Rookie
The Paprika Killer,

Do you update your Port List?
So I can check everyday how many codes you've ported it.
10 Blue Codes to go
And then File Patch. :)
Good luck.

D

Deleted member

it's more like 5. the guy that posted after my list already has 3 "blue" code in it. and 2 are just data values which only need one adress (or 0 if I'm lucky)

I hope I can be done with this stuff, sometime soon, do GSH2 (or whatever the current set by then will be) and then actually start organising some B+ tournaments.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Havnt really tested them, you can help if you want =). What are you meant to look for when testing them because arnt we just changing sound effects of something =p. My sister took my wii controler to a friends house and didnt bring it back so cant start up my wii ='(. So cant test them atm, so just been playing zelda ><. Hopefull I can upload the ones that I havnt been able to upload yet in a few days.

SonioNineteen

Smash Apprentice
Havnt really tested them, you can help if you want =). What are you meant to look for when testing them because arnt we just changing sound effects of something =p. My sister took my wii controler to a friends house and didnt bring it back so cant start up my wii ='(. So cant test them atm, so just been playing zelda ><. Hopefull I can upload the ones that I havnt been able to upload yet in a few days.
When I tested my finished Wolf I notice a lot of mistakes in it such as missing sounds or wrong sound ID, etc.

Edit- I tested them all their all fine except for the death sounds.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
When I tested my finished Wolf I notice a lot of mistakes in it such as missing sounds or wrong sound ID, etc.

Edit- I tested them all their all fine except for the death sounds.
Of course there all fine, i dont make mistakes ^_^. Where are the death sounds? O.o. The deathsounds are wrong on all of them? I got my wii remote back so ill go try some of them and see what you mean =P

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Just a question here,

Do you know whether PAL will ever get an upgraded file replacement code? It would be nice to be able to use music hacks and csps =<. But I'm guessing no one will probably work on this ever xD. Guess I'm lucky considering i have an ntsc copy of brawl

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I don't think the death sounds are included in the .pac file. I did not have them either when I tested my ported pacs, so you don't have to worry about that.

Doing Lucario btw.

EDIT: Updated list

Green = Ported
Yellow = Not ported, but is being ported.
Red = Not ported, and is not being ported.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario

Link
Zelda
Sheik

Ganondorf
Toon Link

Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Olimar

Fox
Falco

Wolf
Captain Falcon

Pikachu
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard

Lucario
Jigglypuff

Marth
Ike
Ness
Lucas

Game and Watch
Snake
Sonic

I keep updating. Only a few left!

:053:

BrOWSER

Smash Rookie
I have a question.
There is the characters texture hack, which picks textures in the SD card.
Is there something like that for musics ? It would be nice playing brawl with our own musics !

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
@Browser - not yet, alot of people have been asking for it though =P.

Ill do olimar and squirtle...

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Finished Olimar. When i try to open squirtle (pokezengami or w/e) I get error reading file ><. Just checked, I get error reading file with charizard and ivysaur to =/. Someone else can try do them =P. I cant. Hopefully can upload all my files within a few days.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I have a problem.

I've downloaded some sword effects for Link. When I play them the visuals work fine but Link doesn't make any sounds at all.

Is this a PAL problem or am I doing something wrong?

FYI, I put the sword effects in the same folder where the Link textures would go.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
It's great to see you guys have come a long way, good job! But how're you doing PK, any progress? Is the pal .gct done? Becuase me and my bro only play like Ganon, Lucas, ness, fox and kirby, and all of theese are ported and we would love to DL it.

Captain Flame Guy

Smash Rookie
I have a problem.

I've downloaded some sword effects for Link. When I play them the visuals work fine but Link doesn't make any sounds at all.

Is this a PAL problem or am I doing something wrong?

FYI, I put the sword effects in the same folder where the Link textures would go.
You've probably downloaded the .pac files of the NTSC version of Brawl, which uses different sound IDs than the PAL version.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Im capped now so I can upload the files some time later today =). Anyone worked out how to fix the pokemon files? ><.

shanus

Smash Hero
Im capped now so I can upload the files some time later today =). Anyone worked out how to fix the pokemon files? ><.
Download PSA 1.3 fix by Dantarion. It allows you to edit pokemon files via PSA, however it has a bug which happens upon saving *sometimes* which results in in game crashes. You will know when the bug happens as your file size either increased by like 10-15kb or goes to 0kb.

That or you can find the offsets in it for the attacks, and then hex edit them in.

Top Bottom