• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XXTE - Replays Will be Possible in Melee

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
This looks amazing, but I will not be able to play it unless control customization is added, unfortunately.

Not really sure why many of these features would be added but not custom controls.

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
"Stage hazards and transformations can be disabled"

This is even better than replays. Think about what is possible when this really will be realized.

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
this is why I love the modding communities of older games. It keeps them alive and fresh. Good work to all involved in the 20XX mod.

Last edited:

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
I wonder, is it possible to fix phantom hits?

Or that bug is deep down the games code?
Phantom hits are programmed into every Smash game, AKA "glancing blows." Glancing blow is their official name, but most people still call them phantom hits. It's possible to fix your spacing, since that is the only way to fix it.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Warning Received
Is this really what you want to be?
Yes.

Do you want to be known as a joke?

Yes.

Do you want to be that guy who just goes on the internet and trolls because he can't find something to do that doesn't make peoples lives harder?
Yes.

Also if one of my posts is enough to make someones life harder, I call first world problems. People are wayyy to sensitive.

Do you want to be that elitist jerk who dumps on other people's preferences because he thinks it makes his community better when in reality it makes people like them less?
Well it's not the players that bug me it's the fact that Sakurai & his team destroyed everything that made smash brothers a fun and interesting fighting game by removing every single possible thing that scrubs didn't like about the game. (wavedashing, L cancelling, Edgehoging and off stage edgeguarding as a consequence) and buffed everything that shouldn't have been buffed (Shields, rolling, airdodging... etc)

Basically Brawl and Smash 4 are offensive to me. Has nothing to do with being an elitist and everything to do with me being salty that I didn't get to play melee tournaments for like 2-3 years because of Brawl, and I don't want the same thing to happen again because of smash 4... luckily melee is bigger than ever and smash 4 is never going to be enough to kill it, no matter how much nintendo / scrubs want it to.

Honestly, I don't know why you haven't just been perma-banned already. You've stated and shown multiple times that you make things harder for everyone, are only here to piss people off, don't care about being banned, don't care about other peoples opinions, refuse to contribute anything worthwhile, and that you are simply a troll.
scar.jpg

If you truly, TRULY, like your games, then please stop reinforcing the negative view many people have of their players.
And what view is that? That melee is a vastly superior (competitive) game in every possible way? And that Smash 4 / Brawl are much better off left as a casual gaming experience? Because about 90% of melee's players & fan base agree with this so me changing my views (which I won't do anyway) is not going to impact the bottom line.

And I must say that melee gets more hate from smash 4 players / casuals than vice versa. Negative views are not mutually exclusive to Melee / Pm / 64 players, we just know for a fact that our version of smash are much more exciting, fast paced, advanced, and better suited for competitive play and you can't argue with that.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Also if one of my posts is enough to make someones life harder, I call first world problems. People are wayyy to sensitive.

Well it's not the players that bug me it's the fact that Sakurai & his team destroyed everything that made smash brothers a fun and interesting fighting game by removing every single possible thing that scrubs didn't like about the game. (wavedashing, L cancelling, Edgehoging and off stage edgeguarding as a consequence) and buffed everything that shouldn't have been buffed (Shields, rolling, airdodging... etc)

Basically Brawl and Smash 4 are offensive to me. Has nothing to do with being an elitist and everything to do with me being salty that I didn't get to play melee tournaments for like 2-3 years because of Brawl, and I don't want the same thing to happen again because of smash 4... luckily melee is bigger than ever and smash 4 is never going to be enough to kill it, no matter how much nintendo / scrubs want it to.

View attachment 72885

And what view is that? That melee is a vastly superior (competitive) game in every possible way? And that Smash 4 / Brawl are much better off left as a casual gaming experience? Because about 90% of melee's players & fan base agree with this so me changing my views (which I won't do anyway) is not going to impact the bottom line.

And I must say that melee gets more hate from smash 4 players / casuals than vice versa. Negative views are not mutually exclusive to Melee / Pm / 64 players, we just know for a fact that our version of smash are much more exciting, fast paced, advanced, and better suited for competitive play and you can't argue with that.
You're kidding me. You think you're some sort of hero crusading to save a game under attack?

No, you're not.

You are not a hero, you are some guy on the Internet who likes ticking people off so he can laugh at them.

There was not a single post against Melee before you came in to bash Smash 4 and Brawl. There wasn't a single post against Melee the last time you did this. And there wasn't a single post against Melee the time before that either. Why would you ever believe that Melee, which has been consistently popular then Smash 4 anyway, would somehow become more popular from hating other people's games? Nobody want's to kill Melee.

You go into any Smash stream you will see tons of "Trash 4" or "Smash 4 Children" but you don't see that level of hate towards Melee in the slightest. Why is it so hard to get it through the heads of people like you that people have preferences and that it's okay that they are different?

All we want to do is play our games in peace and be respected and not have to deal with people like you fanning the pointless flames. You are NOT helping Melee by hating on other games, you are simply justifying to people that Melee players are a bunch of jerks go out of their way to hate on other games.

Thing is, there's no way you haven't realized this by now. I don't think this is about Melee, or being a good guy, or being a bad guy. This is about you taking joy at other people's expense, and those are just ways to justify that to others and yourself.

Why do we need "bad guys"? What's so bad about having a peaceful and united community devoid of people hating on each other?

But hey, maybe I'm wrong, in which case please show me all that Melee hate in this thread that compelled you to attack Brawl and Smash 4 out of the blue.

Last edited:

iDreamTheater

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iDreamTheater
3DS FC
5472-7184-0561
Hey, at the very least this thread has become a more interesting/entertaining read. Posts from both sides of the fence tend to get a little too serious. Smash is doing better than ever because of Melee's depth/continued popularity AND because of accessibility of SmUsh. Turn those frowns upside down, eh?

*continues to wonder about dolphin compatibility details*

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Hey, at the very least this thread has become a more interesting/entertaining read. Posts from both sides of the fence tend to get a little too serious. Smash is doing better than ever because of Melee's depth/continued popularity AND because of accessibility of SmUsh. Turn those frowns upside down, eh?

*continues to wonder about dolphin compatibility details*
\m/ Dream Theater.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

View attachment 72885

The problem with you is that you are creating a divide in the community. You are putting Smash 4 players down for playing a game they enjoy. If you are trying to play hero for melee than why don't you save it for when a Smash 4 player starts hating on your game? Which btw I have not seen once on here.

The only hate I've seen has been from you. It isn't a mutual thing. Moral of the story: you define the problem with the Smash community.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
The problem with you is that you are creating a divide in the community. You are putting Smash 4 players down for playing a game they enjoy. If you are trying to play hero for melee than why don't you save it for when a Smash 4 player starts hating on your game? Which btw I have not seen once on here.
Then you're not reading very many posts dude. I see "melee(derogatory term for homosexuals)" pop up more often than I see trash 4 or smash 4 kids.

I've seen all kinds of ludicrous claims that ledge trumping makes edgeguarding more exciting which is total b.s if you watch smash 4, which I have. M2K made some great points about this recently, watch his dk vs shiek match m2k vs zero at pax and you'll see what I mean.

The only hate I've seen has been from you. It isn't a mutual thing. Moral of the story: you define the problem with the Smash community.
No, the problem with the smash community is that a good chunk of it consists of complete scrubs. That's the problem, and that always has been the problem.

Man you should have been here in 2007-2008, the brawl forums were nothing BUT melee bashing and rejoicing that wavedashing was removed because it's a cheat and all competitive players have no skill because they use wavedashing and shffling and all that nonsense. Look where that got them, a DEAD game with no community which the only version still played seriously is a mod of the game that makes it into melee. lol.

God bless project M, and I pray for the day when smash 4 can be modified in the same way so it can be played the way smash was meant to be played. Fast paced, technically demanding, and exciting.

Last edited:

iDreamTheater

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iDreamTheater
3DS FC
5472-7184-0561
Okay I have to call you on that one.. Smash was never meant to be technically demanding, just a happy accident (as far as we know).

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Okay I have to call you on that one.. Smash was never meant to be technically demanding, just a happy accident (as far as we know).
Not true. In a recent interview Sakurai stated that his old philosophy when designing smash was a simple game, but with hidden techniques that hardcore players would find and use to their advantage.

Then at some point he was kidnapped by casuals, or aliens, or something, and was convinced that having depth / advanced game play was hurting the game (Even though Melee is still to date the highest selling smash game of all time) and he made Brawl, and kept this philosophy in smash 4.

A lot of stuff we thought was discovered by accident, was known of by the development team well before the game was released. It's pretty foolish to think that nobody tested what happened when you air-dodged into the ground, and if sliding as a result was truly a glitch, it would have been taken out.0

TLDR : SAKURAIIIIII!!!!!

Last edited:

iDreamTheater

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iDreamTheater
3DS FC
5472-7184-0561
Was Melee not somewhat rushed to shelves though? It is possible that they did miss it. Though even if they were aware of it, they probably wouldn't have had enough time to address it AND include the King of Darkness

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
The way I see it, if two incredibly good players are facing off and the game hasn't escalated into something that's technically demanding, the players are being held back by the game's mechanics.

Although I may not have huge opinions over Sm4sh, when I watch a GF match and sheik is just SH'ing around in neutral for a solid 1-2 minutes while trying to get a grab to perform the only safe kill setup that anyone is willing to pull off, a part of me wishes that the gameplay wasn't so limited.
It is possible that they did miss it.
They knew about it. Sakurai even confirmed it. He may have even written a hint about how to perform a wavedash in one of the release hype guides for Melee.

Last edited:

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Was Melee not somewhat rushed to shelves though? It is possible that they did miss it. Though even if they were aware of it, they probably wouldn't have had enough time to address it AND include the King of Darkness
They came out with 3 patches following the official release. I'd suspect otherwise.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Just want to reiterate what I've posted elsewhere.

This replay tool is great, but people need to put in effort to make sure that they don't squander it. Like, the potential for recording non-streamed tournament matches is there, but somebody has to record them first. Maybe tournaments could have a dedicated TE-recording setup (or more than 1, if possible) and guidelines to make sure that replays are saved. What about saving finals matches, sure it would be cool to save them to analyze later with slowdown and hitboxes, but are they actually going to save each replay in between games? And of course, people need to step up to actually record and upload replays AFTER the tournament is over, on their own time. An increasing problem in the community is that people think that one simple stream is enough to archive everything, and everything that happens off-stream doesn't matter or doesn't exist. TE Replays have the power to change this.

Don't let this be that tool that 1 guy in the whole venue pulls out for a couple random matches during the day. If 20XXTE is gonna be as popular as people are hyping it up to be, then people should get organized and use it to record as much as possible.

Eureka

Smash Ace
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Even if there was this huge problem of people hating Melee (which side note, there isn't, and there wasn't any in this thread) hating Smash 4 back won't help anyone. Also maybe, just MAYBE the reason some people attack Melee is they're frustrated from all the crap they have to deal with from Melee players? I've seen Smash 4 hate from day 1 of the game, it's not from people trying to get some sort of misguided justice or revenge, it's from people being assholes.

And side note, Melee itself was designed to be technical and have a high skill dealing, but Smash as a whole was not. Sakurai said that after he made Melee, he realized he made a game where only some could enjoy to the fullest. This is the antethisist of what Smash was supposed to be, because it was created to be the opposite of the difficult fighting games of the time.

Imagine if somebody bought Smash 4 and played it for the first time, picking his favorite characters and having a blast, just for him to go online with people wavedashing and l-canceling all over the place and getting completely stomped. Imagine how much that would suck for him. Smash is supposed to be fun for everyone, not just people like us. That's honestly one of the things I love about Smash 4, that it can be played competitively by anyone, not just the people who have the capability to push buttons really, really fast.

And Melee was the highest selling Smash game because it was a launch title and the first squeal, not because of techniques only 5% of the people who played the game even knew about lol.

Last edited:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
I'm not sure how much of a difference this makes, but since the 20XXTE memory card doesn't require ROM hacking or emulation, I don't think it's a very big violator in terms of Nintendo's anal "pirating" crackdown. I doubt it will have as much trouble getting along as Project M is having.

And eye for and eye leaves the whole wrold blind.
b8

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
I just want to say you're all idiots for responding to this guy. He's having fun with you, and while I personally disagree with his viewpoint, I can understand where he's coming from. Smash was never designed to be competitive, it was never designed with wavedashing, desynching, ledge-hogging, along with any other exploits in mind. 90% of smash fans aren't competitive, they just love the series and want to have fun. Regardless, competitive scenes exist and are growing in popularity, and they will regardless of what Sakurai does with the game, and really, playing competitively is just one of the thousands of ways to play smash and more importantly, have fun. Anyways, props to Dylan for having fun with smash by trolling people and having discussions on the Internet, and props to the others for taking his obvious bait.

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
Not to mention the nerfs to fox and falco and shiek in the pal version. They had some balancing in mind, and they knew damn well who the best characters were.
Oh, and Melee was not the highest selling smash game, that would happen to be brawl. Just wanted to correct you. Melee is currently the second best selling, but smash 3ds isn't too far behind.

Racuncai

Smash Cadet
other smash games except I guess PM and a bit of 64 would have no use for this. They're already in slow motion. :laugh:
I have seen brawl matches that people just waste time just doing nothing, staring each other to dead, and m2k said in interviews that sm4sh neutral is lacking of options ( like i have said before) some moves are fast but the pase of the match is not, every decision can be analysed on the spot.

people say that @ Dylan_Tnga Dylan_Tnga is just a troll, but i'm not seeing why he's arguments are wrong.

Last edited:

Eureka

Smash Ace
I have seen brawl matches that people just waste time just doing nothing, staring each other to dead, and m2k said in interviews that sm4sh neutral is lacking of options ( like i have said before) some moves are fast but the pase of the match is not, every decision can be analysed on the spot.

people say that @ Dylan_Tnga Dylan_Tnga is just a troll, but i'm not seeing why he's arguments are wrong.
No one is trying to say that Smash 4 and Brawl are as fast as Melee, but the thing is some people LIKE that. Some people prefer the slower and more measured pace and the lesser focus on tech skill. The reason he is a troll is because he says insulting things towards Smash 4, Brawl, and it's players and then get's enjoyment out of ticking off said players. Which is pretty much the definition of a troll.

MewtwoForce

Smash Cadet
This is absolutely amazing and I look forward to training with this.

I have a suggestion.

When are we going to get multiple savestates that we can cycle through? If for example I had savestates of all the characters who get edge guarded
by a similar move, I could have all those characters out at different distances saved from the stage and pratice edge guarding this way.

Just imagine. A savestate where you have fox pinned off the stage at almost all the common angles and distances from your attacks at mid percent. You have 10 of those positions saved in different savestates that you can CYCLE through. One minute, you're edge guarding fox hanging off the stage in the air from an F smash. The next, a fox hanging off the stage from getting hit with a sweet spotted move with good knockback. You could edge gaurd fox in the mid percent range all day like this.
And thats just the start. Multiple save states are desperately needed. Please put them in eventually!

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
It's all good. Despite the fact that I make solid points I have hurt too many feelings and have been told by the Mods that they are receiving a TON of complaints, and if I continue to post in the news section that I will be banned from it. (not the forum itself just the front page)

I must have really annoyed a lot of people. The salt tastes really good, but I suppose I'm done.

Best memory of this whole experience was causing "content creator" Omni to rant and whine like a child about how he loves his scene and totally doesn't clickbait his videos whatsoever.

Mishun Compree.

Last edited:
Top Bottom