• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX Tournament Edition Gets an Update

After months of testing from the players, Dan Salvato's 20XX Tournament Edition Mod is now ready for tournament use. In addition to game freezes being 100% resolved and replays having increased stability, various exciting 20XX TE announcements have been made:
  • Popular Twitch streamer Trihex will be giving away 20XX TE memory cards and posters
  • CPU Smash DI added to practice combos
  • Smash'N'Splash 2 will use 20XX TE; 20XX TE memory cards can now be purchased from the Smash'N'Splash 2 Rewards Shop
For more information on 20XX Tournament Edition, check out the project's official website. A special thanks goes out to Dan Salvato and all the beta testers for making 20XX TE the best it can be.

Comments

Super excited and might get a memory card; I can't remember though if it has to be the disc version 1.2 or not or if that was for the other 20xx hack. I need to repurchase Melee because I was stupid and want to make sure I get the right one.

D
I'm really glad we can have mods without even modding our systems these days. Keep up the good work, Dan.

i am not trolling
but if all this doesn't tweak the balance even a little bit to buff some low tier characters is kinda pointless to me...

i like DK and i tried to play him competitively but is just impossible..

I'm curious, does 20XX buff or nerf any of the characters in anyway?

:135:
No, it just makes the game more competitive by adding competitive features.
Super excited and might get a memory card; I can't remember though if it has to be the disc version 1.2 or not or if that was for the other 20xx hack. I need to repurchase Melee because I was stupid and want to make sure I get the right one.
That's 20XX Training, you should be good.

i am not trolling
but if all this doesn't tweak the balance even a little bit to buff some low tier characters is kinda pointless to me...

That isn't exactly the case... I've watched Mew2King play DK, and he can run really similarly to a Falcon in some cases. I'd recommend checking some of the videos out so you can get an idea on the playstyle.

i am not trolling

Ever heard of sm4sh dk is good now give it a try

i am not trolling

You should get the regular 20xx 4.05 edition then. If you press left on the control pad (taunt button) in the Character Select Screen, you turn the game into SD remix and everyone is more balanced.

4.05 has better AI, has SD remix built in, a **** ton of costumes, and a lot more frame data options. Overall a lot better.
In TE's defense, it has a full built in replay system, and the AI got re-worked as well in this new update. It was made for tournaments, so nothing as far as gameplay goes should have been changed. TE is made for tournaments, but it does include some training features. The fact that it is easier to get, and distribute is also a huge plus.

The two 20XX hacks really cannot be compared though.

Oh.

Well that's a little disappointing

How so...? Melee vanilla is the best, so don't expect something retro, because 20XX:TE is aimed for TOURNAMENT purposes, meaning it includes options made for tournaments and no game changes at all. If you want something else, try 20XX:THP (Training Hack Pack), which makes you improve your gameplay/playstyle with some features like resizing/changing Battlefield's platforms position to practice things like shield dropping and more (in 20XX 4.05).

20XX:TE is a very huge Melee mod because its purpose is for being used in tournaments, and 20XX:THP as well because it has improved people's skills a lot, so there's that.

Last edited:
i am not trolling

He made it for training purposes. Why should he change characters when competetive melee dont have it?

How so...? Melee vanilla is the best, so don't expect something retro, because 20XX:TE is aimed for TOURNAMENT purposes, meaning it includes options made for tournaments and no game changes at all. If you want something else, try 20XX:THP (Training Hack Pack), which makes you improve your gameplay/playstyle with some features like resizing/changing Battlefield's platforms position to practice things like shield dropping and more (in 20XX 4.05).

20XX:TE is a very huge Melee mod because its purpose is for being used in tournaments, and 20XX:THP as well because it has improved people's skills a lot, so there's that.
I guess....

I just think it's unfair that I could put y heart and soul into my main but if some happens to learn one good tech as Fox, my chances of win are significantly reduced.

Though if it's meant for tournaments, why won't they allow for turning Tap Jump off?

Seems a little silly if you ask me (unless it's for legal issues or something)

I guess....

I just think it's unfair that I could put y heart and soul into my main but if some happens to learn one good tech as Fox, my chances of win are significantly reduced.

Though if it's meant for tournaments, why won't they allow for turning Tap Jump off?

Bruh what are u talking about? Why would they turn off tap jump? No johns

Lol what are u 12? apparently the game has a problem with it if u keep tap jumping when u tilt... I think its funny u expect a basic game mechanic to be changed especially a joystick change have u lost ur mind? This is a tournament edition 20XX sorry a single fox tech puts in the dumpster playa practice up

Project m has your needed high tiers (kinda) and buffed low tiers... Still has tap jump tho... Unbelievable
You realize it's able to be toggled in Project M right? Under custom controls for names. Same in Sm4sh. They aren't asking for the removal of tap jump, rather the option to not have it enabled for individual players.

Attachments

Last edited:
I guess....

No offense, but being a technical fox doesn't make someone a really good player. Otherwise Dark and/or hax would be winning every tournament, but they aren't as good at outplaying their opponents than the likes of mango, m2k, and armada, their tech skill doesn't matter as much. Also, fox is ridiculously hard and takes a LOT of skill to be good with.

No offense, but being a technical fox doesn't make someone a really good player. Otherwise Dark and/or hax would be winning every tournament, but they aren't as good at outplaying their opponents than the likes of mango, m2k, and armada, their tech skill doesn't matter as much. Also, fox is ridiculously hard and takes a LOT of skill to be good with.
Dude. Do you have any idea how hard I'm agreeing with you right now?

RIP grammar AGAIN. Wtf is wrong with you people

Top Bottom