• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX Tournament Edition Delayed Until November

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

While many were excited to see details on 20XX Tournament Edition announced a while back, it seems we must wait a while longer. It was announced today on the official website that the release date would have to be pushed back to November. The official statement can be found here and is included below.

---​

Hello everyone, and as usual, thank you very much for your interest and support in 20XX Tournament Edition. I continue to work as hard as I can to bring the highest-quality mod to the Melee tournament scene, with absolutely no compromises.

That said, "no compromises" has put me in a difficult position. Three months ago, I began a full-time job in New York City for an IT consulting firm. This means the time I have to work on my personal business has been reduced from 6 days a week to 1 day a week. This is not something I originally considered when laying out my development timeline for 20XXTE, because I was unemployed at the time. I now realize that development of 20XXTE will not be complete by August, which is admittedly a failure on my part for not considering this obstacle.

So, I effectively have two options:

1. Release 20XXTE in August with fewer features and less polish than initially promised.
  2. Release 20XXTE at a later date with all features complete as advertised.
I have decided to go with option 2 and revise the release date to November of this year. The reason is that it would simply be unfair to all those who pre-ordered to have my promises of content unfulfilled. Those kind and generous enough to financially support this project absolutely do not deserve the short end of the stick. Thankfully, I am not bound by a AAA game publisher who is forcing its developers into a broken rushed release. So, I will do everything in my power to deliver exactly what I have promised, and ideally more.

Please note that I fulfill all refund requests without any questions asked. You may submit a refund request via PayPal, or simply by replying to your order invoice with your request. If neither of these options are available, you are welcome to contact me and I will work things out with you.

If you need to change your address, please do the same - reply to the order invoice with your new address, and I will file it - or, contact me otherwise.

Meanwhile, I am actively searching for a new place of residence - ideally in Jersey City - to cut down my commute time (I currently spend over 3 hours every day unable to work on TE because of commute arrangements).

As for the beta program, I will be shipping betas out this month, and I apologize to the TOs eagerly awaiting their first hands-on. I eagerly await this as well, and the first beta is almost ready to ship.

That's all for now. I owe all of my fans and patrons an apology, but I hope everybody still looks forward to a bright future for Melee modding. I also hope to see you at Super Smash Con, where I will be hosting two panels related to 20XXTE and Melee hacking.

Thank you for reading!

---​

To keep up with future updates on 20XX Tournament Edition stay tuned to Smashboards or check out the official 20XX Tournament Edition Website.

SmashCapps is sad to see these delays but applauds Dan Salvato for keeping the intregrity of the project and being honest with people. To keep up with SmashCapps follow him on Twitter.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Gosh dang it, Dan, you lovable, honest person with loads of integrity, there's nothing for us to say but "thank you".

Last edited:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
Ah man. I pre-ordered three memory cards so I'm pretty disappointed about the delay. At least Dan is doing his best to salvage this and is still dedicating himself to the quality of 20XXTE.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
What have I started...

Last edited:

-NV

Smash Cadet
Here's to hoping landmaster and nefnoj like my post seeing as they've liked half the thread already
<3

Last edited:

Lysozy

Smash Rookie
20XX is upon us! No but seriously. I can't wait until the magic happens. Just a reminder CRTs will soon disappear on this planet.

Top Bottom