• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta 2015 Community Tier List Voting

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
spacies can probably SDI down and tech roy's counter. it's probably really hard to do, but would be possible if the spacie knows how to do it. same thing for blazer, SDI should not let it work, though nobody knows how because blazer is one of roy's moves. this is relevant because we're now in the age where leffen gets out of CGs with frame perfect shines and SDI from up tilts, m2k techs turnips (at least semi, dunno him personally so idk much) consistently, etc...

cheese like this can work but at the end of the day most low tiers will get wrecked by every good character that knows the MU well. exceptions like kirby vs marth exist but even those MUs aren't good.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
The counter is done on ledge. Aside from SDI/ASDI into the ground being called "Crouch Cancelling" and not helping you tech at all, the spacies wouldn't be able to have anything to tech off of based on the angle it sends them (either up and out, or up and out, then randomly flipping the vertical momentum (Roy's counter is super jank)).

Last edited:

Delta Chae

The Observer
This site sometimes...

Jun1 I'd suggest actually trying what I said before just throwing out BS like the rest of the kids on here seem to like to do.

Dtilt > Reverse flare does work on Peach on YS and the PS transformations as I said. So pop in your copy of Melee (if you've got one) and actually try it out. On Peach for instance it works starting from 0% from the SIDE AND TOP Yoshi's Island platforms and 2/3 transformations of PS. D-tilt is not that tough to land (your bias and ignorance is showing again) up throw tech chase is possible on both platforms, they don't have to be standing still. It's not going to be successful 100% in tournament but it is a very real option when you see an opening on lighter characters. And I'm not saying it elevates his tier status at all, that is your assumption.

So at the risk of making yourself look more ignorant I'd suggest not responding in the future to things you don't know about.
I'd appreciate it if you dropped the rude tone. I did in fact test it and it did not work. I am not biased when I say that the practicality of reverse blazer is questionable at best because of the difficulty involved in landing it and the fact that it only works on Puff.

I think you need to actually read what was said before responding becase my first sentence outright stated that I have tested this and I also never said that dtilt was hard to land, I said reverse blazer was hard to land. I also admitted that this would work on some of the transformations on PS but that this nearly irrelevant because people tend to avoid the specific spots where it would work. The rock cliff would be the easiest to land this on because of the cliff but people usually camp out this transformation because of the pit. This would work on the windmill but that's far to difficult to be practical because the windmill is always moving. This might be usable as a platform tech chase on the grass transformation, I'll concede that much.

So please actually read what I'm saying next time instead of just lashing out as if your integrity has just been questioned.

EDIT: Seems I had done something wrong and wasn't landing the reverse blazer soon enough, so I was wrong on that account. That being said: I still maintain my stance on the questionable practicality of this maneuver as getting the positioning to pull off this move is difficult to put it lightly. Having an instant kill move is of no use when the situations you could use it in are extremely limited.

Last edited:

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
I'm starting to think Luigi > Pikachu. Pikachu has some pretty abysmal MUs in the top 8s, were Luigi's MU are actually decent for a mid tier. Luigi does have a much more punishable recovery though. I might just be getting a little biased having Abate in my region lol.

Luig

Confused
The counter is done on ledge. Aside from SDI/ASDI into the ground being called "Crouch Cancelling" and not helping you tech at all, the spacies wouldn't be able to have anything to tech off of based on the angle it sends them (either up and out, or up and out, then randomly flipping the vertical momentum (Roy's counter is super jank)).
The counter doing that is actually the ceiling glitch. Hitting a counter is like hitting a shield. Marth's can also do this.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I'd appreciate it if you dropped the rude tone. I did in fact test it and it did not work. I am not biased when I say that the practicality of reverse blazer is questionable at best because of the difficulty involved in landing it and the fact that it only works on Puff.

I think you need to actually read what was said before responding becase my first sentence outright stated that I have tested this and I also never said that dtilt was hard to land, I said reverse blazer was hard to land. I also admitted that this would work on some of the transformations on PS but that this nearly irrelevant because people tend to avoid the specific spots where it would work. The rock cliff would be the easiest to land this on because of the cliff but people usually camp out this transformation because of the pit. This would work on the windmill but that's far to difficult to be practical because the windmill is always moving. This might be usable as a platform tech chase on the grass transformation, I'll concede that much.

So please actually read what I'm saying next time instead of just lashing out as if your integrity has just been questioned.
Yea but again most of this is wrong. For starters - Puff isn't the only one it works on.....

Actually read what you just said and what you said in your initial post. Both riddled with incorrect information and your "corrections". Do a bit of research, if you don't actually have Melee you can look up Kawaii's demonstrations (which don't even encapsulate all the options with reverse blazer)

Just because you don't know how to do something or think it's hard doesn't mean everyone else has the same problems or handicaps.

Delta Chae

The Observer
Yea but again most of this is wrong. For starters - Puff isn't the only one it works on.....

Actually read what you just said and what you said in your initial post. Both riddled with incorrect information and your "corrections". Do a bit of research, if you don't actually have Melee you can look up Kawaii's demonstrations (which don't even encapsulate all the options with reverse blazer)

Just because you don't know how to do something or think it's hard doesn't mean everyone else has the same problems or handicaps.
Ok yes, reverse blazer doesn't only work on Puff but Puff is the only relevant character that it works on because nobody uses Pichu or G&W on the top level of play which is what the tier list is made taking into account, I even said this in my original post. I'm also not operating under the assumption that my difficulties are other people's difficulties but people have known about reverse blazer for years and nobody has successfully integrated it into their play so it's a fairly safe assumption that it's too impractical to be used regularly. Is it useful if you land it? Yes, absolutely. Is it practical? No not really because the setups for it are not only stage dependent but also dependent on a specific set of circumstances that are by no means easy to capitalize on or set up. Again, reverse blazer has situational use but is not nearly enough to compensate for Roy's other shortcomings.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Ok yes, reverse blazer doesn't only work on Puff but Puff is the only relevant character that it works on because nobody uses Pichu or G&W on the top level of play which is what the tier list is made taking into account, I even said this in my original post. I'm also not operating under the assumption that my difficulties are other people's difficulties but people have known about reverse blazer for years and nobody has successfully integrated it into their play so it's a fairly safe assumption that it's too impractical to be used regularly. Is it useful if you land it? Yes, absolutely. Is it practical? No not really because the setups for it are not only stage dependent but also dependent on a specific set of circumstances that are by no means easy to capitalize on or set up. Again, reverse blazer has situational use but is not nearly enough to compensate for Roy's other shortcomings.
So Peach, Ice Climbers, Marth, Pikachu, Samus, and Luigi aren't relevant?

It works on them from set-ups. I've been able to Up-throw > Up Air > land top plat > D-tilt > Reverse blazer KO a Samus in local bracket. I've done Up throw > TC top plat > Dtilt > Reverse Blazer KO a top Peach (also have done it from side plat).

All the stuff you are saying can apply to almost all the top tiers, they have tech and combos that only work at much tighter percentages, only on certain characters, and only on certain stages.

So, it's pretty silly to say that "if someone doesn't use something then it's not usable". If you've followed this game competitively throughout the years there have been so many examples of people eating those words. Roy doesn't have enough rep to come to such conclusions, so don't mistake not seeing something or not being able to personally execute something as evidence for it never being possible or viable. That seems to be a common theme on this site amongst some of the newer players (sometimes even the vets).

Delta Chae

The Observer
So Peach, Ice Climbers, Marth, Pikachu, Samus, and Luigi aren't relevant?

It works on them from set-ups. I've been able to Up-throw > Up Air > land top plat > D-tilt > Reverse blazer KO a Samus in local bracket. I've done Up throw > TC top plat > Dtilt > Reverse Blazer KO a top Peach (also have done it from side plat).

All the stuff you are saying can apply to almost all the top tiers, they have tech and combos that only work at much tighter percentages, only on certain characters, and only on certain stages.

So, it's pretty silly to say that "if someone doesn't use something then it's not usable". If you've followed this game competitively throughout the years there have been so many examples of people eating those words. Roy doesn't have enough rep to come to such conclusions, so don't mistake not seeing something or not being able to personally execute something as evidence for it never being possible or viable. That seems to be a common theme on this site amongst some of the newer players (sometimes even the vets).
Again, it only works on Peach under specific circumstances that are either difficult to set up, difficult to capitalize on, or are likely to be avoided entirely at the top level of play, top level of play is the key phrase there. I tried this same setup against Marth and it does work on the cliff of PS but not on YS, Marth isn't quite floaty enough for that to work. ICs I really have no idea because nobody plays ICs in my area but it seems like the dual nature of the character would make setting this up out of a grab nearly impossible. MU find it hard to believe this was done against a Samus at low percent, yes Samus is floaty but she also has a weight of 110.

The difference between a top tier with similarly situational techniques and Roy is that characters like Fox, Falco, Marth, etc. is that they are also well rounded characters that are able to compensate for their shortcomings which Roy cannot because his strengths are not sufficient enough to overcome his weaknesses. A Roy that is attempting to rely on reverse blazer setups as a crutch will not find much success due to the limited scope of characters that it's effective on and the limited circumstances that it is effective in.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
But you can't SDI down onto the ground and tech. That would be broken.
you're misinterpreting me

1. roy uses counter next to the ledge
2. firefox / kentucky fried chicken triggers counter
3. fox / falco SDI downward so they touch the wall of the stage and NOT the floor
4. they tech it since counter puts them into tumble

and of course it would be broken if you could do what you said, but that has nothing to do with what i'm talking about

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
you're misinterpreting me

1. roy uses counter next to the ledge
2. firefox / kentucky fried chicken triggers counter
3. fox / falco SDI downward so they touch the wall of the stage and NOT the floor
4. they tech it since counter puts them into tumble

and of course it would be broken if you could do what you said, but that has nothing to do with what i'm talking about
OK then, we'll go with what you said. Roy's counter takes a while to get a hitbox out and they are either too far into the stage or too far above the stage (depending on their angle) for them to SDI into a wall. I know for a fact that counter is a guaranteed edgeguard on Spacies from experience (unless they sweetspot, which you could cover with D-Smash or D-Tilt) and there's no way that SDI can save Fox/Falco if they are trying to recover and get countered. There is a weird area around his legs that they can slide by (avoiding Roy's sword) if they angle it just right, but they need to have perfect positioning really close to the ledge (that should probably be covered with an F-Smash on ledge anyways) and a VERY shallow angle.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Again, it only works on Peach under specific circumstances that are either difficult to set up, difficult to capitalize on, or are likely to be avoided entirely at the top level of play, top level of play is the key phrase there. I tried this same setup against Marth and it does work on the cliff of PS but not on YS, Marth isn't quite floaty enough for that to work. ICs I really have no idea because nobody plays ICs in my area but it seems like the dual nature of the character would make setting this up out of a grab nearly impossible. MU find it hard to believe this was done against a Samus at low percent, yes Samus is floaty but she also has a weight of 110.
With every post you further expose just how little you actually know about this game. Samus is a floater that is what makes her susceptible to dying off the top from reverse blazer (she goes almost as high as Peach), fall speed has much more of an impact on the height of this move's KB than weight does. She definitely died off the top from the string I just told you at 38%, I know because I actually did it. That's how I usually decide to talk about something, I actually do it instead of just making it up as I go and retroactively trying to back pedal as you are doing here. It's clear you haven't actually tested anything as you keep claiming. AND yes it does work on Marth on YS off the top platform it 100% does work.

I know you took it personally and as an offense, but seriously in the future don't give your 2 cents or attempt "correct" someone on things you are clueless about. It saves people a lot of time. These past few exchanges have been such a waste just like the ones with CurSe were, you guys are in the same boat it seems.

Last edited:

Delta Chae

The Observer
With every post you further expose just how little you actually know about this game. Samus is a floater that is what makes her susceptible to dying off the top from reverse blazer (she goes almost as high as Peach), fall speed has much more of an impact on the height of this move's KB than weight does. She definitely died off the top from the string I just told you at 38%, I know because I actually did it. That's how I usually decide to talk about something, I actually do it instead of just making it up as I go and retroactively trying to back pedal as you are doing here. It's clear you haven't actually tested anything as you keep claiming. AND yes it does work on Marth on YS off the top platform it 100% does work.

I know you took it personally and as an offense, but seriously in the future don't give your 2 cents or attempt "correct" someone on things you are clueless about. It saves people a lot of time. These past few exchanges have been such a waste just like the ones with CurSe were, you guys are in the same boat it seems.
Ok I think you need to calm down for a minute, behavior like this is why this community gets a bad rap. It does not work on Marth and I have in fact tested this, you're accusing me of falsifying information when you could just as easily be doing the same and in all likelihood are judging by how you are reacting and how you vehemently insist that this is a practical technique that can be used very easily in spite of a lack of evidence to support this. Your word is worth no more than mine especially since you claim that you beat a top Peach using reverse blazer setups which I find difficult to believe. It's funny that you're accusing me of taking offense when you're the one started off with the insults. This is going to be an honest question: if this is such a great technique why haven't we heard about anyone using this a being heralded as revitalizing Roy's metagame? I guarantee you that someone out there has experimented with this, hell, it's likely that Sethlon experimented with this at some point or even m2k probably looked at it at some point but nobody has done anything. You claim that people just don't want to experiment but if this technique was a great as you describe it to be somebody would have done something with it by now as people have known what reverse blazer does for years and yet they are still hesitant to touch on this technique. When it comes to things like this people don't usually avoid them without reason.

Last edited:

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
this is not what people who wish to learn do.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Ok I think you need to calm down for a minute, behavior like this is why this community gets a bad rap. It does not work on Marth and I have in fact tested this, you're accusing me of falsifying information when you could just as easily be doing the same and in all likelihood are judging by how you are reacting and how you vehemently insist that this is a practical technique that can be used very easily in spite of a lack of evidence to support this.
Actually it's behavior like yours that is really the worst part about this site, and it's why not many come here anymore. They see new players talking BS and misinformation and they bounce or laugh at the site. IT DOES WORKS, here's a vid of just one example (1:09) Jesus lol.

Your word is worth no more than mine especially since you claim that you beat a top Peach using reverse blazer setups which I find difficult to believe.
Well already my word has been proven to be worth so much more just within your last few posts. Your first post for instance, you said it flat out does not work on the characters I mentioned....and that you actually tried it. BUT IT DOES, so you're either lying or you're playing Smash 4 or something. Not to each post you are now back-peddling saying that you haven't tried this or that or that you don't play the Roy or ICs, etc. Ok then, you basically just admitted that you're clueless and have no experience with these character. Big surprise, trying to correct someone with a character you don't even play. I've come to expect that from this site, sadly. Also I took like 2 stocks in this fashion when we went YS over the course of probably 14 games we played. I didn't say I "beat" a top Peach using on this technique, c'mon now.

It's funny that you're accusing me of taking offense when you're the one started off with the insults.
Not taking offense, but you did something dumb. You tried to correct me, but your entire correction was false and filled with incorrect claims. So yea I'm going to have to call you out for the metric ton of BS you are spewing in this thread (and continue to spew).

This is going to be an honest question: if this is such a great technique why haven't we heard about anyone using this a being heralded as revitalizing Roy's metagame? I guarantee you that someone out there has experimented with this, hell, it's likely that Sethlon experimented with this at some point or even m2k probably looked at it at some point but nobody has done anything.
Again I never said any of this, you continue to make wild assumptions. I simply stated it was an option on those characters, and you decided to say it wasn't (which is 100% false). I never said it was revolutionary or that it would move Roy up to mid tier, your delusion has warped my words in your mind into some hyperbole I never claimed. But even at a very basic common knowledge level having a OHKO on Puff and basically one of the best rest punishes is quite significant.

You claim that people just don't want to experiment but if this technique was a great as you describe it to be somebody would have done something with it by now as people have known what reverse blazer does for years and yet they are still hesitant to touch on this technique. When it comes to things like this people don't usually avoid them without reason.
People have said the same thing about Puff being a useless low tier character, and Yoshi not being able to ever peak at a major. There will always be people such as yourself that think not currently knowing something = it's not possible. Roy doesn't have anywhere near as much potential, but with reverse blazer he definitely has a little room to grow and use it as an option.

this is not what people who wish to learn do.
Yes cause new players come to this site ask a question and get a completely wrong answer from other new players or people that don't even play the game.

And also it's great when people on this site who don't play certain characters still are inclined to give incorrect info and advice on them, cause.....IDK.....they are bored or want to appear like they know a lot.

Yea that's a really productive and enlightening environment. Half of it's solid information the other has is BS, hard to tell what's reliable on a site like this. That is the reputation I hear this site getting in other places where Melee is discussed and it's getting harder to argue with that.

Last edited:

Delta Chae

The Observer
Actually it's behavior like yours that is really the worst part about this site, and it's why not many come here anymore. They see new players talking BS and misinformation and they bounce or laugh at the site. IT DOES WORKS, here's a vid of just one example (1:09) Jesus lol.

Well already my word has been proven to be worth so much more just within your last few posts. Your first post for instance, you said it flat out does not work on the characters I mentioned....and that you actually tried it. BUT IT DOES, so you're either lying or you're playing Smash 4 or something. Not to each post you are now back-peddling saying that you haven't tried this or that or that you don't play the Roy or ICs, etc. Ok then, you basically just admitted that you're clueless and have no experience with these character. Big surprise, trying to correct someone with a character you don't even play. I've come to expect that from this site, sadly. Also I took like 2 stocks in this fashion when we went YS over the course of probably 14 games we played. I didn't say I "beat" a top Peach using on this technique, c'mon now.

Not taking offense, but you did something dumb. You tried to correct me, but your entire correction was false and filled with incorrect claims. So yea I'm going to have to call you out for the metric ton of BS you are spewing in this thread (and continue to spew).

Again I never said any of this, you continue to make wild assumptions. I simply stated it was an option on those characters, and you decided to say it wasn't (which is 100% false). I never said it was revolutionary or that it would move Roy up to mid tier, your delusion has warped my words in your mind into some hyperbole I never claimed. But even at a very basic common knowledge level having a OHKO on Puff and basically one of the best rest punishes is quite significant.

People have said the same thing about Puff being a useless low tier character, and Yoshi not being able to ever peak at a major. There will always be people such as yourself that think not currently knowing something = it's not possible. Roy doesn't have anywhere near as much potential, but with reverse blazer he definitely has a little room to grow and use it as an option.

Yes cause new players come to this site ask a question and get a completely wrong answer from other new players or people that don't even play the game.

And also it's great when people on this site who don't play certain characters still are inclined to give incorrect info and advice on them, cause.....IDK.....they are bored or want to appear like they know a lot.

Yea that's a really productive and enlightening environment. Half of it's solid information the other has is BS, hard to tell what's reliable on a site like this. That is the reputation I hear this site getting in other places where Melee is discussed and it's getting harder to argue with that.
Ok you are the one who is either twisting my words or just flat out ignoring what I said. I've already stated that I know this can work on the top platform of the grass transformation of PS as well as the cliff of PS, I don't know if you're incapable of reading everything or you just enjoy being rude but you need to pay closer attention to what's being said. I even blatantly stated that one of the few things this technique was good for was as a rest punish and outside of DL it's arguably the best rest punish in the game.

I also don't see how playing ICs has anything to do with this and never said I don't use Roy, you are once again accusing me of doing something you are guilty of yourself. That being said unless it's Sopo, getting this setup off of a grab would not be practical for the same reason that you typically want to avoid grabbing ICs if both of them are alive and close to each other.

You claim that you never said you beat a top Peach? Then what's this quote that is your words not mine?
Really I'm convinced at this point that you're not even paying attention to what you yourself are saying considering that you also accused me of taking offense (And then proceeded to deny doing so) when you're the one who lashed out as if your integrity as a human being had just been called into question. A simple explanation without the rude and condescending tone would have sufficed. Instead you had to play to the stereotype that casual players have of us, that being that we're all a bunch of rude pricks who take the game way too seriously and that we're rude to anyone that says anything contrary to what we believe. I don't mind being proven wrong, what I do mind is behavior like your's when you feel that when you are questioned you need to lash out in a rude manner. Simply posting the video and saying "Here's this technique working" or something along those lines would have been all it took for me to say "Ok, obviously I was doing something wrong", you are the one who made this personal, not me.

I've also already admitted that it works on Peach in the situation your described. I still question the practicality of this move because of the specific circumstances involved in landing it properly. A single situational move that a character has does not equal "room to grow" but rather that that character has a technique that can be used to cheese a stock off of someone who doesn't see it coming

Last edited:

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Du
Here's my rankings just from watching lots of melee but with little tourney experience
S
Fox
Sheik
Captain Falcon
Falco
Ice Climbers
Marth
Puff
Peach
A
Luigi
Ganondorf
Pikachu
B
Young Link
Samus
Yoshi
Link
Zelda
Mario
Dr. Mario
D
Roy
Ness
DK
G&W
F
Bowser
Mewtwo
Kirby
Pichu
dude, falcon sucks and pichu is SOOO underrated

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Plunder Plunder your really good at instigating fights no? Calm yourself. If say you are right, and roy has this ONE god like set up, he still sucks. And has no chanve at ever being not F tier.
What do you get from having a "No your dumber than me arguement?" Nothing.
As for me and probably the rest of the thread. Youve both lost respect for participating in such a petty arguement. Especially in one with which there is no winner. Neither of you shall give because you have brought pride in. Arguement is futile here.
Because there is no correct consensus.

Last edited:

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
I mean Falcon doesn't suck but I wouldn't put him as the third best character
Actually i see your point. Perhaps I am biased in mine own opinion. But falcon certainly loses to fox falco sheik peach and pika, (last one is arguable depending on level of play.)
I feel as though falcon is better at low levels than perhaps fox falco peach, but worse than sheik marth puff etc, only because of mu ratios and learning curve.
Please if you disagree just disregard this statement but thats my opinion.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Actually i see your point. Perhaps I am biased in mine own opinion. But falcon certainly loses to fox falco sheik peach and pika, (last one is arguable depending on level of play.)
I feel as though falcon is better at low levels than perhaps fox falco peach, but worse than sheik marth puff etc, only because of mu ratios and learning curve.
Please if you disagree just disregard this statement but thats my opinion.
I strongly disagree with Falcon losing to Peach and Pika, but it is an uphill battle against Shiek, Falco and Fox at all levels of play. Falcon can combo pretty much all of the cast really well if he can land a hit/grab and has the best movement in the game so that he can get in, but the Falcon player must have VERY good fundamentals, consistant tech, and knowledge on proper spacing to play effectively, as well as having guaranteed combo %'s memorized and have a good combo (and punish) game. If he's lacking in any of these, he'll get destroyed by pretty much any other top tier, but if he has all of these down, Falcon can hold his own against a vast majority of the cast.
I only believe in the book of duderonomony, it is part of the guyble
:facepalm:

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
I strongly disagree with Falcon losing to Peach and Pika, but it is an uphill battle against Shiek, Falco and Fox at all levels of play. Falcon can combo pretty much all of the cast really well if he can land a hit/grab and has the best movement in the game so that he can get in, but the Falcon player must have VERY good fundamentals, consistant tech, and knowledge on proper spacing to play effectively, as well as having guaranteed combo %'s memorized and have a good combo (and punish) game. If he's lacking in any of these, he'll get destroyed by pretty much any other top tier, but if he has all of these down, Falcon can hold his own against a vast majority of the cast.

:facepalm:
Ya I see. But, perhaps we can agree to disagree on MUs. But by no means is falcon bad. But compared to other topers, he isnt that viable in today's meta for a national unless its like, Mang0s
Again i state this is only IMO so please treat it as such

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
You claim that you never said you beat a top Peach? Then what's this quote that is your words not mine?

" I've done Up throw > TC top plat > Dtilt > Reverse Blazer KO a top Peach (also have done it from side plat). "

Really I'm convinced at this point that you're not even paying attention to what you yourself are saying considering that you also accused me of taking offense (And then proceeded to deny doing so) when you're the one who lashed out as if your integrity as a human being had just been called into question. A simple explanation without the rude and condescending tone would have sufficed. Instead you had to play to the stereotype that casual players have of us, that being that we're all a bunch of rude pricks who take the game way too seriously and that we're rude to anyone that says anything contrary to what we believe. I don't mind being proven wrong, what I do mind is behavior like your's when you feel that when you are questioned you need to lash out in a rude manner. Simply posting the video and saying "Here's this technique working" or something along those lines would have been all it took for me to say "Ok, obviously I was doing something wrong", you are the one who made this personal, not me.
Man you are just going in circles, really I urge you to go back and read what you initially wrote. You basically said I was incorrect.....on something that I was 100% right on, there is 100% video proof of it and you have been 100% wrong. Especially about Peach and Marth. Then you question if it's even possible on Samus and if I actually did it to a Samus.... all based on a number (weight) that you don't quite understand. Sorry I don't take kindly to people who try and correct me or question something I did when it's clear they have no idea what they are talking about.

And I didn't say I beat that top Peach I said I was able to KO a top Peach with this move on 2 different occasions....do you not understand what a stock is? And that each player has 4, I mentioned taking 2 stocks with this set-up. So getting a KO or 2 doesn't mean you "beat the other player". Not sure if this is news to you or if you honestly just don't know. Learn how to read words and sentences maybe?

That other guys is right, it is not worth arguing. You've said so many inconsistent things and have been proven wrong in almost every post you made. I don't even understand why you continue. Especially when it's clear you are way out of your depth concerning this conversation and character.....yet you felt the need to correct me with wrong info and give an ill-informed opinion.

Plunder Plunder your really good at instigating fights no? Calm yourself. If say you are right, and roy has this ONE god like set up, he still sucks. And has no chanve at ever being not F tier.
What do you get from having a "No your dumber than me arguement?" Nothing.
As for me and probably the rest of the thread. Youve both lost respect for participating in such a petty arguement. Especially in one with which there is no winner. Neither of you shall give because you have brought pride in. Arguement is futile here.
Because there is no correct consensus.
Looks like we got another one. Well at least I know ahead of time to avoid now.

Last edited:

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Man you are just going in circles, really I urge you to go back and read what you initially wrote. You basically said I was incorrect.....on something that I was 100% right on, there is 100% video proof of it and you have been 100% wrong. Especially about Peach and Marth. Then you question if it's even possible on Samus and if I actually did it to a Samus.... all based on a number (weight) that you don't quite understand. Sorry I don't take kindly to people who try and correct me or question something I did when it's clear they have no idea what they are talking about.

And I didn't say I beat that top Peach I said I was able to KO a top Peach with this move on 2 different occasions....do you not understand what a stock is? And that each player has 4, I mentioned taking 2 stocks with this set-up. So getting a KO or 2 doesn't mean you "beat the other player". Not sure if this is news to you or if you honestly just don't know. Learn how to read words and sentences maybe?

That other guys is right, it is not worth arguing. You've said so many inconsistent things and have been proven wrong in almost every post you made. I don't even understand why you continue. Especially when it's clear you are way out of your depth concerning this conversation and character.....yet you felt the need to correct me with wrong info and give an ill-informed opinion.

Looks like we got another one. Well at least I know ahead of time to avoid now.
If your going to try to say something snarky. "Learn how to read sentances maybe." You could at least use grammer that those who speak english can understand "Well at least I know ahead of time to avoid now" (That doesn't make sense.)throughout the entire post or risk losing respect. Or at least put ALL the words in the sentence.
And to clarify, I don't find either of you correct, your just as pig headed as he is to have such an argument. Try to not have the last word to "win" because you can not. You can only eat the words you speak. So how does your meal taste?
He questioned you, but who the hell cares? For all you know he could be a melee genius who disects every aspect of melee v1.02.
The same goes for you. But really, neither of you will get anything out of this.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
User was warned for this post
If your going to try to say something snarky. You could at least use grammer that those who speak english can understand. Or at least put ALL the words in the sentence.
If you have a brain and an IQ above 80 then you understood my statement just fine.

But if you'd like to play that game I'd suggest actually having a writing, spelling, and grammar skill above a 3rd grader before criticizing anyone else.

*you're
snarky, you < First sentence is incomplete
*grammar
*English
"You could at least use grammer that those who speak english can understand."
^ This whole sentence is just horrendous ^
Your last sentence doesn't really make sense at all.

Last edited:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hey guys, I feel bad saying this, but I dont think I'll be able to release the official list this week. I am more than half of the way done sifting through voters, and I could probably have the data compiled by the end of day tomorrow, but I won't have time to create a proper post for the tier list. I'm sorry.

To make it up to you all, here is some preliminary information to bask in :)

https://imgur.com/1wghcRT

Benks

Smash Rookie
Thanks, Sveet. Preliminary info is better than nothing :)

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Wow, that actually looks like a really good list. Good job, first half of the voters.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
The only thing I'd hope for is that Ness and Zelda swap. Everything else I can deal with. Dr. Mario I think its more viable than Yoshi, but given recent results I don't expect most people to remember that.

After playing G&W for so long I'd say it's fair to have him tied with Roy at upper E tier, either one could be above the other. It's interesting that the consensus puts both above Mewtwo. As for as results go Mewtwo has shown more ability than Roy or G&W, but the whole E tier isn't worth arguing over 1-2 spots at the end of the day.

Last edited:

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
With how close the top 3 in b tier are, I wouldn't be surprised to see it re-ordered a bit. I'm surprised Pichu isn't a couple spots up, but it doesn't really matter. The tier list looks pretty much like what most predicted here (shocking, I know).

Avoin

Smash Cadet
Tier divison seems pretty solid.
Yoshi/doc seems a bit arguable

IMO, mario and young link belong in B, don't think they're too far from the lower end of that tier, but i can see it either way.
Pichu seems a bit low. but after 26-25 they can honestly go in any order and most wouldn't argue too much.

I expect to see about the same from the official.

Top Bottom