• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2013 Community Tier List

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Im working on that project, too, Mr. Atma :). That idea has crossed my mind, though I don't think I will be doing that (or at least not right away).

thespymachine

Smash Ace
For someone who likes arguing you don't post much of an argument. Just a list without any supporting arguments.

Great point! ha ha

I was more referring to why I even post on things like this on SWF - I should have used a different word or phrase though, like "stating my opinion." lol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
voorhese's vote was already in the DB! Griffard's vote was already in the DB! MountainGoat's vote was already in the DB! pokemongeof's vote added successfully!

FourStar

Smash Ace
voorhese's vote was already in the DB! Griffard's vote was already in the DB! MountainGoat's vote was already in the DB! pokemongeof's vote added successfully!
so will we see the tier list now? :D kinda anxious

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Still working, but im pretty close. I made some breakthroughs today, but I have hit a (temporary) brick wall in the form of a mysterious error. Theres a good possibility I release only the "Official" tier list and then release the interactive one later. I think my time would be better spent working on the SSBPD than spending too much time adding features to this (for now).

Senortesta

Smash Apprentice
Just the list for now would be appreciated, you can do the interactive one later but I really want to see what changes were made.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
From the width of the pixels, and a little from my intuition, it appears Fox is at 1(shortest), Falco at 2(generally is top 2), Marth/Shiek/Peach at 3, 4 and 6, I'll guess Shiek at 3, Marth at 4, Peach at 6. Puff(long) is 5. Then slightly long at 7, I'll guess that is C. Falcon (too short to be spelled out). 8 is long enough to be Ice Climbers. . . I'll assume 9/10 is either Doctor Mario or Ganon, but both of those can be spelled differently. . . I'm guessing they're spelled Doc Mario and Ganondorf, appear to be as long as entry no. 7 (I think is CF.), and could be in either position IMO. 11 is short, so I'll say it is Samus. Here is what my guess looks like, compare it to the picture. . .

Fox
Falco
Shiek
Marth
Jigglypuff
Peach
C. Falcon
Ice Climbers
Ganondorf
Doc Mario
Samus

I was bored.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
looks like the OG spacey is still tops, the Fairy as fallen out of the top, the Brother has usurped his spot of the older, and the last 3 are the last 3.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hahaha you guys make me smile.

I still have a bit of work to do, but most of it is formatting and information. I have everyone's votes in the DB (i spent hours going through 3,000+ lines of votes). You'll be happy to know that only 7 people misspelled "Sheik" and exactly 0 people (including me) wrote Doc and Game & Watch's names the way I have them in the DB (not that I expected anyone to get those right).

Can't say exactly when this will be released, theres still some red tape that needs to be handled even when all of my coding is done. Stay patient ya'll :)

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I wonder if you expected speculation based on the width of the blurs. . . also, my money is on "Doc Mario" and "Mr G&W".

When will you unveil the real thing everyone is waiting on? Where's Yoshi?

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
In six weeks you didn't manage to compile the lists? Maybe you had high ambitions for the project, but I think most people just wanted a list before EVO (a 1 day project?).

Very disappointed.

If nothing else it would have been nice if you allowed Ado to compile the data. I'm 99% sure he would have been successful at delivering what people want before now.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure he's just saving it for after EVO so it doesn't distract from that.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
In six weeks you didn't manage to compile the lists? Maybe you had high ambitions for the project, but I think most people just wanted a list before EVO (a 1 day project?).

Very disappointed.

If nothing else it would have been nice if you allowed Ado to compile the data. I'm 99% sure he would have been successful at delivering what people want before now.
Soon enough I'll be "Blacktician" on here. Ado is too awkward to say in person although I like the name lol. And I appreciate the comment.

However Sveet is my buddy and this is his project so I'm gonna let him do his thing. I had some ideas though, I still do. Not sure what I'm gonna do with them.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
100% Guarantee a plaintext tier list wouldn't distract from EVO. Not even a slight chance.

Your new subtitle annoys me. . . "BLVCKTICIVN". It looks like you tried to go for the Latin effect, where Latin has no capitals and no Us. All the Us are actually Vs. However you replaced the As with Vs, no idea why. Is the Latin thing what you were going for?

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
At any rate the tournament results from EVO may actually affect the thing. Some opinion changes are sure to happen.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
100% Guarantee a plaintext tier list wouldn't distract from EVO. Not even a slight chance.

Your new subtitle annoys me. . . "BLVCKTICIVN". It looks like you tried to go for the Latin effect, where Latin has no capitals and no Us. All the Us are actually Vs. However you replaced the As with Vs, no idea why. Is the Latin thing what you were going for?
holy **** man who gives a **** what he was going for with his sub title and who gives a **** if it annoys you. YOU ARE A PURPLE YOSHI.....GTFO OF HERE.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Sorry for trying to understand something? I'm not an actual purple Yoshi btw, just a regular colored person.

Protip then, do not judge before trying to understand something. The guy responding to you won't be as willing to do it and will just attack you back. You cant really say "Hey dude you are annoying now tell me what I want to know."

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
And those are the opinions we should ignore.
Be fair here. If someone showcases stuff we've never seen before with a character on the way up the bracket, it's not unreasonable to have your opinions change as a consequence. If Armada does what he always does that doesn't tell us much about Peach, but if Hax reinvents the Falco MU and beasts all over PP and Mango (and somehow also encounters and beats Armada and Hungrybox and Mew2King, for good measure), that shows us stuff from Falcon we haven't seen before, and opens up the possibility of opinion changing.

and stuff

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
I'm into clothing/fashion. Black Scale (Stylized BLVCK SCVLE) is one of my favorite brands.

Edit: why are people insulted for me? Lol it's cool.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Be fair here. If someone showcases stuff we've never seen before with a character on the way up the bracket, it's not unreasonable to have your opinions change as a consequence. If Armada does what he always does that doesn't tell us much about Peach, but if Hax reinvents the Falco MU and beasts all over PP and Mango (and somehow also encounters and beats Armada and Hungrybox and Mew2King, for good measure), that shows us stuff from Falcon we haven't seen before, and opens up the possibility of opinion changing.

and stuff
Obviously if someone makes some legendary leap in a matchup that should be taken into account, but to believe that is even the least bit likely is kind of naive. Most metagame developments happen over time, at the very least several months. If we hadn't seen any pros compete against each other in a while I'd be on the lookout for new stuff, but Zenith was just over a month ago with all the top pros excluding Armada, and Armada hasn't even been competing seriously. I'm sure all the top players are in a constant state of developing new strategies, but most of them aren't even on a level the common Smasher will understand or notice.

Even if someone did come out of nowhere with a crazy new strategy (like Armada's YL at Pound 5), one tournament result doesn't mean a whole lot. If Hax somehow wrecked Mango's and PP's Falco with new strats, that shouldn't immediately cause people to move Falcon up on their tier list. Maybe Mango and PP were just playing bad. Maybe they were just caught off guard by new stuff and will figure it out and continue winning after Evo. Maybe Hax was just playing super on point and the new tactics had little bearing on how good he performed vs. them. My point is, anyone who changes their mind about the tier list based on one tournament, no matter how important it is perceived to be or how radically different the gameplay is, has no place in determining a tier list.

This is all also assuming that everyone who changes their opinion after Evo would be doing it based on gameplay. I'm sure you know as well as I do that the vast majority of the time someone changes their opinion after a tournament, it's because one player upset another. If Hax did those same theoretical tactics I mentioned earlier but SDed twice in dumb ways in every game so he ended up losing, people wouldn't think at all to put Falcon higher. People base lists off of a single tournament's result all the time, so I'm not sure why you're trying so hard to give them the botd.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
K yeah that's pretty much right across the board and I agree with all of it. :p I do still think it's theoretically possible for someone to bust out metagame-changing tech that they've been keeping secret and I do think it's possible for it to be evident from a single tournament that such a thing is relevant and meaningful, but I admit that such an event would be extremely unusual.

The one part of your post that I somewhat disagree with is "Maybe they were just caught off guard by new stuff and will figure it out and continue winning after Evo." We're far enough along in the metagame that any substantial new tech will not be so easily discounted imo. Not saying that anything new is a total game-changer--far from it--but I don't think anything new and considered by a top player to be worthy of putting into practice would simply be "figured out" and become largely useless soon afterwards.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I'm into clothing/fashion. Black Scale (Stylized BLVCK SCVLE) is one of my favorite brands.

Edit: why are people insulted for me? Lol it's cool.

Now that I know it doesn't bother me. Previously it looked like a typo. . . but intentional. I didn't think my wording would offend you, so I said it like it thought it. I'm glad you didn't get defensive about it. Looked up Black Scale, interesting stuff.

Top Bottom