• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2011: the year of Melee?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
If there was only one thing that Nintendo did well, it's anniversaries. normally, they celebrate the 10th anniversary of their games(except for Mario Bros. 3, where it was it's 15th) by releasing a remake of said classic game. well, 2011 will be the 10th anniversary of the Gamecube, and as such, remakes of their killer apps for the system will be an essential. and considering how Melee was the best selling game for the cube, it's definately at the top of the list. also last year, Smash 64 was released in time for it's 10th birthday. so, what do you guys think a 10th anniversary Melee will be like?

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I'm not certain Nintendo will do anything concerning Melee's anniversary. The trend with a series is attention is given to the very first game in form of either a remake or an event on the anniversary of the day it was initially released. And then they tend to ignore the second game in the series, which Melee is.

If they do anything it'd be something small like a "This day in Nintendo history" segment or something, not a re-release or anything like that.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
They should give us 2 more maps and 2 new people and a "few" pal changes, oh and every single one of pichu's moves have 2 more frames of stun

They might release it on the Virtual Console, but other than that, Nintendo probably won't do anything.
Melee wouldn't fit on the wii memory. Melee is like 1.3 GB of data and the wii memory is like only <1 GB. It wouldn't fit.
I've got my facts right, right?

Nintendo really doesn't are about their old fans anymore. Their new fans (casual gamers) outnumber us 10 fold. To them, they'd be wasting money/time doing something to celebrate Melee. Probably.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Nintendo is mad crazy about remaking/rereleasing stuff, especially games that sold well when they were first released (Melee was the best selling GC game), so I think eventually we'll see Melee again some time. I'm just not exactly sure it will have anything to do with its 10th anniversary.

But yeah, SSB is a cash cow (which they just don't milk that often), and if Nintendo can get away with copy/paste, they'll do it.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
hmm I want to see silent wolf being techical with the wiimote if it's remade. you know you will have to play on the wii-mote because they can only do it right twice and after that it's worse same with pokemon games

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
They'll do nothing or they'll re-release it and make it more friendly for the casual smasher, IE no more l-canceling and/or fewer ATs.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I would love not having L cancel anymore, it's such a chore...

Like if you put off Fox for a few weeks you have to practice a bit to get it all back. I hate that. It's not like Sheik where everything just autocancels.

Sand_Dune

Smash Rookie
ideally, nintendo would do nothing but add customizable controls a-la brawl. Adding new competitive stages would be nice, but i doubt they'll do anything major, if anything at all. new characters would be far too much to ask for

datstupidmarth

Smash Cadet
i kinda dont want them to remake melee because they might mess it up then we will not have another melee we would have a second brawl with less characters

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
i kinda dont want them to remake melee because they might mess it up then we will not have another melee we would have a second brawl with less characters
well, considering how HG/ SS turned out, I have hope they won't screw up. plus the 64 remake turned out OK.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
fix the little annoying things in melee (and i mean LITTLE annoying things like falcons side-b not sticking to the ledge and such) and that would be like the ultimate re-release

honestly tho i kinda liked footstooling in brawl tripping was the dumbest thing ive ever seen in a FIGHTING game

Top Bottom