• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2008 Halloween Costumes?

What do you guys plan on being this halloween?

I want to be Link, but, im thinking I should do something more creative but I dont really know what. I really wanna go all out this year, I always feel like I could do something cool, and I will mainly making the costume myself, its always better.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Vampire. Not too original, but like you, I prefer to kind of build my costumes myself from a bunch of different stuff. So it's not just a packaged costume. Plus, in all these years I've been celebrating this glorious holiday, I've never been a vampire. It's about time I get it out of my system.

Besides, I give myself bonus points for being pretty original last year. I was Finch from I Luv Halloween (see: signature). That will probably forever be my favorite costume. I still have the mask and everything actually. But I hate repeating myself so I probably won't do it again.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I have a feeling i'll be seeing a lot of Joker's this Halloween. =(

Vampire. Not too original, but like you, I prefer to kind of build my costumes myself from a bunch of different stuff. So it's not just a packaged costume. Plus, in all these years I've been celebrating this glorious holiday, I've never been a vampire. It's about time I get it out of my system.

Besides, I give myself bonus points for being pretty original last year. I was Finch from I Luv Halloween (see: signature). That will probably forever be my favorite costume. I still have the mask and everything actually. But I hate repeating myself so I probably won't do it again.

vamps are pretty cool, that should be fun to build.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'll probably end up being that crying dude in the corner, cradling a bottle of vodka.

M@v

Subarashii!
costume Im wearing? I'm just waiting to see what all the girls here on campus wear. Halloween is an unofficial mutli-day holiday up here at Penn State.

WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I'm going to go as your mum.

Really though no one even acknowledges Halloween here in Australia anyway.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
I don't know if I will, but I really want to make a spy costume.
I never really was on your side.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
What's funny is I was going to go as Link, too...but the costume designer I was going to hire is busy with shows and didn't give me a price estimate until yesterday. :(

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking as going as either Angus Young or Jimi Hendrix.:chuckle:

Last year I was a skeleton motorcyclist, and the year before I was Luigi.
The latter inspired a few people to call me Luigi for the rest of the year.

Kyari -

I think I am going as link, I gotta do it once before I die anyway. So yea ill send you those.

Azua -

Link costume by a costume designer??? Im going to make mine myself, you should too, I like to condone DIY ethics.

The other mic -

Aw man, i feel sorry for you and mic128, you guys should come to america for halloween someday its the best holiday in my opinion.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I have no idea how to make swords, shield, or quivers, so I'll pass.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm either going to go as The Question (most likely choice), or as Rorschach (may not go as him, too many ******* will be think I took it from the movie and not the graphic novel). If push comes to shove, I can always pick up my Alex from A Clockwork Orange costume I wore to Fanime 2008.

I bet most of them will be 14 years old or younger.

I have no idea how to make swords, shield, or quivers, so I'll pass.
good point.

my bro has the master replica sword which is pretty heavy but whatever, swords are supposed to be heavy, right? im probably going to pick up this wooden shield I found at some toy store that sells wooden toys, and make it look zeldish.

Also should I color my hair purple and be the link to the past zelda? Im thinking some people wont get it but whatever.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
This year I'm going as Ashley J. Williams. One of my friends is going as HUNK and my other friend is going to be a zombie. This years pictures are going to be awesometastic.
I was thinking of going as Ash or Snake Plissken to Fanime 2009 next year.

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
On the edge of Final Destination waiting to kill y
I would love to do plissken but I don't wanna grow out my hair or wear a wig. But then again I'm also a huge Evil Dead fan, so....

My only problem is, do I go as "Army of Darkness" Ash with the torn shirt, shotgun, and chainsaw or as
"S-mart" Ash with the smock and name badge?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I would love to do plissken but I don't wanna grow out my hair or wear a wig. But then again I'm also a huge Evil Dead fan, so....
Wig for me. I have the facial hair, just nothing else

My only problem is, do I go as "Army of Darkness" Ash with the torn shirt, shotgun, and chainsaw or as
"S-mart" Ash with the smock and name badge?
I was going to do Army of Darkness, covered in blood, chainsaw-fisted, boom stick in hand, ready to kick Deadite *** Ash.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Hm.

If I can get it together, I'll end up being either a Blood Elf Warlock, or Pit.

I just want to run around in a tunic screaming "HIYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!"

Fun Halloween. :)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
There's nothing wrong with designer opinions. I'm going to get a see-through mask (I can see through it, you can't see me) that's peach-tan skin colored from a costume shop for my Question costume. It's not like you have EVERYTHING at home. Costume shops are a big help, as are the designers there.

I'm going to go as your mum.
I've seen this done before.

Really though no one even acknowledges Halloween here in Australia anyway.
What is the point of living? Seriously, my family decorates more for Halloween than we do for Christmas, we hold a Haunted House in our Backyard and everything. When I have kids, I'm going to show them Halloween is a bigger holiday than Christmas, Easter, St. Valentine's Day, and Thanksgiving combined.

Anybody know how popular Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas is popular outside North America, Ireland and the U.K., and Japan then? Just curious, is all.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
If I can find some good men's yellow pants I'll be Pikachu.
I can find a pika beenie hat or something online and yellow shirts are easy to find.

Simple yet awesome.
I'll paint my cheeks red or somethin.

Anth0ny

Smash Master

I'm being that for Halloween. Except I'm not buying a crappy $60 costume at the costume store. I'm going all out for this **** :p

Do I win?

There's nothing wrong with designer opinions. I'm going to get a see-through mask (I can see through it, you can't see me) that's peach-tan skin colored from a costume shop for my Question costume. It's not like you have EVERYTHING at home. Costume shops are a big help, as are the designers there.
A costume designer would definitely make a better link costume then I would. I was implying how I like to see people make things. Its fun to see how things turn out and its also more of a feeling of acheivement atleast for me. Also there would never be a costume designer at a store in brooklyn so I just found it weird. I didnt know there were supposed to be costume designer's at costume stores. Also, I never said everything would be at home, I said how I was going to get my shield from a wood toys store.

P.S. I heart they might be giants.

I'm being that for Halloween. Except I'm not buying a crappy $60 costume at the costume store. I'm going all out for this **** :p

Do I win?
Read 1st page, 4th post.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
A costume designer would definitely make a better link costume then I would. I was implying how I like to see people make things. Its fun to see how things turn out and its also more of a feeling of acheivement atleast for me. Also there would never be a costume designer at a store in brooklyn so I just found it weird. I didnt know there were supposed to be costume designer's at costume stores. Also, I never said everything would be at home, I said how I was going to get my shield from a wood toys store.
Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah, going to a store and buying a Link costume wouldn't be anywhere near as cool or creative as buying one yourself.

P.S. I heart they might be giants.
Their debut and Lincoln are two of the best albums from the 80's. No joke.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
I'm going to dress inwhite and record everything you say on a tape recorder. I call it-Your memory.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Possibly the Joker but it might be overdone so I might go as the Burger King or some random guy with a suit, pipe, monocle and top hat. That would be bad ***.

Their debut and Lincoln are two of the best albums from the 80's. No joke.
You are probably right, I was lucky enough to meet a lot of older people that got me into 80's stuff. I like the smiths, but definitely they might be giants is the best. I think the song rabid child is one of my favorite songs of all time and Dont lets start almost makes me cry. I have this cool Demo of it.

I'm going to dress inwhite and record everything you say on a tape recorder. I call it-Your memory.
I have to say, this one is pretty much out there and for now I crown as the best costume idea for halloween 2008.

Top Bottom