• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
One thing, is there anyway you guys would consider letting people compete in the tournament, but not sleep at the venue? I mean, if I recall correctly, there was something in the realm of 200 and something people at FC6, and it worked out fine.

Although, I realize the biggest reason for the cap is probably time constraints.

Thing is I'm not going to have 75 dollars 'till about Tuesday, and chances are they'll be gone by then...

Oh well.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey i just bought 3 passes one for me one for milktea and one for oneandonly kip i figured i'd tell u incase your wondering why i bought 3 when were at FC
Hey PC, if I'm not mistaken, then I think we still have a pending 5 dollar Ganon ditto moneymatch.

You know, from FC6...

Pritch

Smash Lord
Hey kishes, florida has a bunch of people all going to this thing, but there's a ton of different crews/crewless people that still play each other all the time. Are you just gonna treat fl as one big crew for the purposes of pools, or how is that gonna work?

Oh, and for the guy earlier who was wondering why he's not on the list yet, I'm not either, but neither are a bunch of other fl guys who I know are coming, so I'm assuming the list just hasn't been updated yet.

vZakat

Half Genie
As one of the kish's said earlier, they will update the roster once MLG sends them the people that bouht tickets. Or something like that.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
This is probably a noob question but...If I get a spectator's ticket, will I be able to watch all the pros play live? Even if I can't play?

I'm just wondering how restricted the spectator's privileges are.
Yes you will, as well as food/housing (at the venue) for the duration of the tournament.

And for everyone the roster only gets updated when the kishes get an updated list from MLG/Me, which wont happen again until Monday. Meaning if you registered after 11ish on Friday you wont be on it yet.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
No one really answered my question way back, but are the spectator tickets included in the cap?

Also Kishes, just for you to keep in mind - TSA and The Smash Affiliates are the same crew. Some of the members used one or the other.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
No one really answered my question way back, but are the spectator tickets included in the cap?

Also Kishes, just for you to keep in mind - TSA and The Smash Affiliates are the same crew. Some of the members used one or the other.
No seperate cap

jv3x3

Smash Champion
And what's the cap on the spectator ticket, JV? Do we also know how many spots are left?
30 spectators.... And very few. Id imagine the initial 180 player passes will be gone by the end of the day

edit: If you are talking about spectator passes id say most are left still

jv3x3

Smash Champion
i'm trying to get my friend jonathan a tournament pass on MLG and its urgent since passes are running out and i've tried 2 diff credit cards and both said it was no good anything you guys can tell me???
try again and if it still doesnt work contact mlgpro.com support... about the best i got

OneAndOnly KIP

Smash Journeyman
Anyone wanna do teams? I ask that you be around the same skill level. I know im not really a known player but maybe someone on the east coast wants to? send me a PM if interested.

Linguini

Smash Master
Wow passes are selling mad fast, thankfully Lambchops got one in time!
Team Nefarious is taking this one, i can assure you that softies.

Oh yeah, any mm's vs. my ganon ? $1-$10?
Eggz $5, ganon vs. mario?

OTRU...

Smash Champion
i already got my pass, so what information should i post here? im asking because ive seen people post a number and the character they play next to it and i dont know what it means

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
Did you register on meleefc.com yet? It'll tell you your number there, and if you feel like it you can post it here. Theoretically 180 is the last one they'll accept.

KishSquared

Smash Master
does it matter if i put a crew down now? like maybe i could join one later?
The Crew field on the registration page is for information purposes only. It doesn't sign you up for Crews - Crews can be formed at the tournament.

Hey kishes, florida has a bunch of people all going to this thing, but there's a ton of different crews/crewless people that still play each other all the time. Are you just gonna treat fl as one big crew for the purposes of pools, or how is that gonna work?
Yeah, when Prime puts the pools together he'll do his best to separate people by both crew and region. Just keep in mind that this is only for the first round of pools - there's no guarantee that 3 of you won't end up in the same Round 2 pool depending on how well you do!

Like Jv said, spectators don't add to the cap. Also, thanks for the reminder. I'll update the roster next time I get an MLG update.

i used my own card he'll just pay me back, is the cap still really at 180? I know FC can handle more people than that time and space wise.
The initial cap is 180, and we intend on raising higher. There's just no guarantee as to how high we'll raise it, so we wanted to give people a chance to grab guaranteed a spot.

i already got my pass, so what information should i post here? im asking because ive seen people post a number and the character they play next to it and i dont know what it means
No need to post anything here, actually. People are just listing their meleefc.com ID for fun. However, you do need to head over to www.meleefc.com to register with us.

Did you register on meleefc.com yet? It'll tell you your number there, and if you feel like it you can post it here. Theoretically 180 is the last one they'll accept.
Actually, we have plenty of invalid entries, so we can't use the number generated at meleefc.com to be able to tell how many tickets are left. The number will likely go well above 200 before we've hit our 180th person.

Big_R

Smash Champion
174. Phew

What if you bought an mlg pass for the $75, then didn't register on the meleefc website? I almost didn't, because I was gonna ask a few questions. Then it looked like crunch time so I did. Does buying the pass of mlg guarantee you anything?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
174. Phew

What if you bought an mlg pass for the $75, then didn't register on the meleefc website? I almost didn't, because I was gonna ask a few questions. Then it looked like crunch time so I did. Does buying the pass of mlg guarantee you anything?
180 is the cap through MLG, im (pretty sure) the Kish's will allow unlimited people to register on MeleeFC.com, but when they go through and double check the list with MLG's list only the 180 registered through MLG will be the ones accepted

KishSquared

Smash Master
Well worded, Plairnkk! I would have said it much more confusing-like :(

We'll be working with MLG tomorrow about raising the cap. If you want to be guaranteed a spot, please purchase a ticket NOW. Otherwise, you can hope that we raise the cap high enough for you to purchase a ticket :) My best guess is that there are 20-30 tickets left.

Spectator Ticket Clarification
Spectator tickets are needed for anyone planning to eat and/or sleep at the church. If anyone is planning on bringing his girlfriend along with him, he needs to purchase a ticket for her unless she's staying at a hotel and eating out.

This ticket is NOT meant for anyone wanting to play the game at all. We will be giving full permission to full-paying tournament players to push Spectators off of a TV if they want to play. If you want to play friendlies with people, you MUST purchase a full pass. If a spectator continues to attempt to plug in and play, he/she may be asked to leave the venue. This pass if for food and housing only - no gaming is allowed.

Once again, a ticket is NOT needed for anyone staying off-site and not eating our food. Watching people play is absolutely free!!

Also, spectator tickets don't add to the cap! Yay!!

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
So, myself and a couple other guys put down "MN" in the crew spot, but we're actually going to have 2 MN crews that have only just been decided. Is the crew tournament registered and set up during FC? Or do we need to go back and specify our crews right now on the FC site?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Ok, I have two registration things under my MLG Account name DaShizWiz. Its for me and KeepSpeedN. We bought two that say 75$, not the other one for 30$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom