• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1v1 vids straight outta MD (updated with more matches)

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Me and JK were Smashing Thursday and recorded a bunch of matches. I wanted to get some ideas on what I can do to improve besides the obvious (be a better player). I'll be adding more vids when I can.

Btw frame rates might suck, but I've never even done videos before so I think these could've came out a lot worse. They're all without audio except two. Please comment. :)

Left side: all me.

Sheik vs Fox (YS) - This is the closest one that I have uploaded, and the silliest. We recorded a lot of vids so I have to find some good ones for him.

Sheik VS Fox (FoD)

Sheik VS Fox (DL) >_>

~~

Marth vs Fox (YS)

Marth vs Fox (PS) - >_>

Marth vs Fox (Corneria) - HE WON A MATCH

Marth vs Fox (DL) - Another win for JK!

~~

Samus vs Sheik (BF)

Samus vs Sheik (FoD)

Samus vs Sheik (PS)

Samus vs Fox (GGs)

Samus vs Fox (Corneria)

Samus vs Falco (FD)

~~

Peach vs Fox (FD) - Beginning got cut off..... I just realized I was playing Peach like I was on crack. I don't what the **** I was doing this match. LOL

Peach vs Fox (PS) - The more I watch my Peach, the more I realize I must just be pressing buttons mindlessly lol...

~~

Falcon vs Fox (FD) - JK wins with an amazing comeback.

~~

Bowser vs Fox (PS) - Match one goes to JK

Bowser vs Fox (FD) - Match two goes to me

Bowser vs Fox (BF) - Match three goes to Boozer

~~

More vids coming.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Nice vids. I only watched a few samus and sheik ones but you look like you have a good handle on your chars.

You fought the sheik correctly with your samus which was good. Only thing I have to say about it is try to make you missle-cancels a bit lower. Most of em went right over the sheiks head, and of course try to use your blasts more wisely. I use mine when I'm recovering sometimes since its not too expected.

Keep the vids comin.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I liked the Samus versus Sheik videos...it was good how you handled Samus like said above.
For the Fox vids...I didn't really like those. I don't know if that was your guys best with them but something just didn't get me into the matches. Anyways, good job and keep adding the videos.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Your samus was really cool, one critique I have is I think you should turned around and WD to fast fall edge hogged ab unch of times vses sheik to either edge hog her or force her on the stand on and downsmash and hit her back off or f smash and kill her woulda been a lot better in most those situations where u just dropped a bomb IMO, but the samus was real creative I wish more samus would use the extender more, good stuff.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Nice vids. I only watched a few samus and sheik ones but you look like you have a good handle on your chars.

You fought the sheik correctly with your samus which was good. Only thing I have to say about it is try to make you missle-cancels a bit lower. Most of em went right over the sheiks head, and of course try to use your blasts more wisely. I use mine when I'm recovering sometimes since its not too expected.

Keep the vids comin.
Thanks, and after reviewing the matches myself I agree about the missile canceling. I guess I just get impatient though and don't even focus on it, I'll work on it. And the charge blasts....I don't even try to surprise JK now cause I've shot him so much, that he always expects one. >__>

Creo - Thanks, and yeah watching those Fox vids I can see what you mean, but I was just playing like a ****, I don't always play that dumb against Fox but I couldn't resist for the vids.

Eggm - Thanks. If it makes you feel better I definitely do what you said I should've done quite often, but like I was saying, I basically decided "I'm gonna play like a **** today", so I wanted to see how many times I could catch him with bombs instead of doing better edgeguards.

Glad you guys like my vids though, I uploaded several more and will upload even more today.

This vid is Samus versus Falco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRR4kE7jhQY

I'll be adding some more Samus to the first post, along with Peach, Falcon, and one of my favorite characters; Bowser. The Bowser vs Fox is my favorite I did that we recorded. >_>

Actually here's the links now:

Left (Bowser) right (Fox)

Left is me. I like these matches because as they went on I got better versus his Fox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGvaU2wGK6k&mode=user&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCJsOxLZLq0&mode=user&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8YKbT5vC0M&mode=user&search=

Top Bottom