• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

120 matches to unlock all 12 secret characters?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
Wow, this is great news. Without spoiling WHICH characters can be unlocked, we now only need to play 10 matches, for each character to be unlocked. I've found at least two sites that support this announcement, complete with spoilers (DUH), below:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...d-unlock-all-characters-down-450-ssbb-and-10/

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/11/6134967/super-smash-bros-secret-characters-wario-ganondorf-3ds

So, yeah, I think this might be the first thing I do, when I get the game Oct. 3rd.
It's not clear yet whether this can count for matches online, or single-player, etc., but I think it matters LITTLE, now.
No WONDER it didn't take long to reveal the full roster!
What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
You can just start the match and self destruct for it to count. It doesn't matter if the CPU wins.

Marcusjll

Smash Cadet
I liked Melee how a few were difficult to unlock. Brawl's was too easy, and who would have thought it could have got easier than Brawl?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm baffled as to why ALL the unlocks are made so easy in Smash, sure you want some easy ones to keep people interested and you want people playing as characters, but it's just so gratifying and actually feels like you accomplish something when you unlock someone who actually takes time and effort to get, but oh well, I'll gladly do it and enjoy the hell out of the game anyway. Maybe Wii U will have harder unlock requirements...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Bloody casual way of unlocking everyone again. Where's my one or two characters that require me to leave the system on or do match grinding overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom