• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1111 Mii Brawler Help

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
Tell your TO's to allow Mii customization since they aren't affected by customs being turned off. 1111 Brawler is a pointless character that will soon be irrelevant, don't bother learning it.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
1111 is, indeed, a saddening set. The best move you will have is Onslaught, but typically that works best when complimented by the other moves. Shot-put does have some techs you can manipulate and get some spaccing going, but the general consensus is kinda spot on: a 1111 Brawler is sort of denied some of the best tools they might have available, and if restricted in such a way 2222 is the best option you have.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Where I live, the local tourneys dont really like custom moves so I want to learn 1111 mii fighter, Any tips?
I thought this was going to be asking for help as to what to say to a scrubby TO who is restricting your character.
I had to deal with this yesterday. Best way to handle this is just asking why they are restricting/banning your character. There is no reasonable explanation and they will generally admit to herd mentality (thinking others are doing this, which is a fallacy) or for "fairness" which is obviously NOT fair if you are being restricted by your choice of character and nobody else is - Mii Fighters are NOT Custom Fighters (by game authority) and building them is their unique character design just like Kirby copies people or Villager plants trees.

The TO I had to deal with recently said it wouldn't be "fair" to punish people who don't have a 3DS since they wouldn't be able to upload their Mii. Besides pointing out that they could always make a Mii using the guest Mii I also had to point out I was the only Mii main and I had a 3DS and if anyone really needed one they could borrow one from someone (like the TO who is ironically always utilizing his 3DS to upload customs for everyone).

The fairness argument is the most disgraceful argument competitively speaking. I told him to just outright ban the Mii or stop putting restrictions on my character, because a ban actually can make sense (rulesets in Tourney Mode allow for Mii to be turned ON or OFF and For Glory doesn't have Mii), but restricting them to 1111 or some other arbitrary move makes absolutely no sense and just complicates things (especially since he never provides the restricted set on any setup to be used).

Top Bottom