• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1111 gunner viability in doubles

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
How do you all feel 1111 guest size gunner does in doubles with team attack on?

I feel like you can zone people pretty well, and play relatively safely. However, your damage output is just so low. Also, charging your shot is probably not very worthwhile. Gunner is probably average at netting kills, mostly because of downsmash.

My question comes down to, how beneficial is fair spamming to disrupt the enemy team? My experience has been whether I win or lose, my damage is as low as half of my teammates. I'm just not sure whether it's because the teammate is playing really well and carrying me, or if my disruption on the opponent is helping him truly excel.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Gunner 1111 isn't good at all in doubles. Hard time killing, low damage output, very slow at asissts, juggle fodder, easy to team combo, and loses to rushdown(even worse with 2 aggro people on you).

There really is no reason to use 1111 Gunner in dubs. He just isn't good and other characters like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer play support zoner alot better in dubs.

I love using 1312 Guest Gunner in dubs for fun. This set is a hit or miss pretty much. You can stock tank one match, but get wrecked badly the next.

Point being that 1111 Gunner isn't good in dubs. There are just better characters to use. I guess you can use it for fun in friendly dubs, but in dubs with high or top level players. Just a big fat no.

If you insist to use 1111 in a high level dubs tourney. I will say that you always gotta be on the move at all times. People will target you, cause its a natural reaction to always target the projectile based fighter in dubs, so you'll have very little time to space your attacks. Spam fair and run away. Poke them and just keep running away and try to charge your charge shot when possible(to apply pressure). Do not ever go and throw out smash attacks for a kill(thats why you have a partner to help you with kills). Only go for a kill if it's safe to throw out.

Flame Pillar is essentially useless most of the time. So many bodies everywhere that you'll have so little time to space. Fair and Nair is amazing at combo juggles, so use them as much as possible. Jab is your best friend in dubs. Keeps pesky rushdown away. Grab is amazing as well. Throw them and go back to running away and camping. Front and back throw are very useful in dubs, since both attacks hit people within the range of the throw.

Best partners for 1111 Gunner or Gunner in general:

Anyone that has great Kill power pretty much. An aggro based fighter with good kill power and pretty fast is essential for a team mate.

Mario
Cloud
Ryu(Kill Power)
Mewtwo
Sonic

These one's are very ideal for a support based fighter like Mii Gunner.

Best Stages for Gunner in dubs in order:

Final Destination
Duck Hunt(Counterpick)
Town and City
SmashVille
Battlefield
Dreamland
Lylat Cruise

Final D is first, cause it's a starter. If they ban final d, than go to either DuckHunt or Town&City. Always make sure you go to either Final D, DuckHunt, or Town cause these 3 stages are veey favorable for Gunner. Always ban Lylat. Terrible stage for Gunner in singles and dubs. Everything else is doable, but try to go to a big flat stage, since that helps Gunner greatly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom