• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10 Levels

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Wavecheating is ********

and you're not a level 3 you're like a level 1 iditoai

I'm a level 1 cause i don't wavecheat either i play the game it's supposed to be played.
QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess Im a level 1 too cus I dont use those gay cheats like wavedashing or L-canceling, or jumping. I play the game like its meant to be played, with all items on very high, with a 10 minute time limit with all stages on(although I usually just play on Hyrule Temple)

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
How do you possibly think wavedashing is cheating? If wavedashes are glitches, then so are air dodges. Without wavedashes the game would have been a lot more glitchy.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
uhh it doesnt take any skill to beat a lvl9. i couldnt short hop with yoshi no matter how hard i tried, and i could still **** a lvl 9.

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
uhh it doesnt take any skill to beat a lvl9. i couldnt short hop with yoshi no matter how hard i tried, and i could still **** a lvl 9.
I know what your saying, I consider myself like a 4.5 according to this list and I took Capt Falcon, who I'm not very good with, an whooped every char at lvl 9 with ease

Lazylen

Smash Rookie
A few problems with the list, I find. Like for example, I knew nothing of advanced techniques until about a year ago, yet my mindgames have been applied basically since I started. I could combo incredibly even without knowledge of L-cancelling (not saying I couldn't do it beforehand, just saying that I didn't know what I was doing sort of thing). So I dunno. Depending on how you grow through playing the game, the list doesn't really work.

and you should apply discriminatory names to all of the levels. :p

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
I think that I'm about a six, except I'm not a douche.

It's hard for me to develop mindgame tactics because I dont have any human opponents to play with, but I can even trick the computers from time to time. I understand how it works and I have some ideas, I just haven't had the chance to put any of my ideas to practice.

In your list...what the heck is a semi-professional? You should elaborate on this.

Also, get off your high horse as far as criticizing novices. The most annoying level in your list is the level where you think you're good enough to bash people who are inexperienced and don't know it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Im a level 6-7
I have not Mastered the Art of Mindgames, but I'm getting there XD

Then again, I have very little time to play People anymore, so I wont be able to go beyond Mindgaming Computers XD

Which I can do =P

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
This is all wrong! You suck and should quit smash altogether.

Lol jk :laugh:
Win!!! lol

Lazylen, I said this three times already. I want information from other people, not bad rep. Instead of criticizing, why don't you give some info.

Level 8 updated thanks to Slikvik (hope I got the name right).

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Also I find it extremely difficult to believe that someone knows how mindgames work but does not have combo skills. The better your technical skill is, the more advanced your mindgames CAN become.

Bottles98

Smash Cadet
I fall around level 4. I know the advanced techniques but really can't pull most of them off very well.

soaz

Smash Ace
I´m a level 1 for sure no doubt about it thats why i own all of yall.
In case you didnt notice i was being sarcastic.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
What about the people that have some from the top, and some from the bottom? Even some people who have never even heard of advanced techniques use some small version of mind games. I like those levels though. It's easy to place your skill.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I would probably categorize myself as a Level 7.5. I'm well versed in advanced techs and can execute them with no difficulty at all. I'm developing my mindgames and have found them very effective. No one that I smash with can beat me consistently or kill over 1 stock consistently when I try. I have very limited tourney experience, a grand total of 3 tourneys, 2 of them being local. Lack of experience limits my maximum level according to this system.

End note:
Psssh lol this post makes me look like I'm some high-and-mighty stuck up douchebag XD (or an arrogant n00b - -||) Kind of confused on how to answer though. . .

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've been thinking about describing Smash levels similar the way the japanese I think do it. Actually, I don't know who exactly does it/did it first, all I know is that advance wars uses it and that is amazing.

So it would be something like
S Rank: Ken, Azen, ChuDat, PC Chris, M2K, Isai
A Rank: Forward, Chillin, Taj, Drephen, Hugs
B Rank: Your average tournament goer, a la myself
C Rank: Probabably no so good tournament goers
D Rank: shrug.
shrug.

onniichan

Smash Rookie
I say I'm a 5, not planning to get any better. All I try to improve is in mindgame. But I only really play with my couple of friends who are at about the same level.

Yeah, these levels don't work so well, there is no chronological order or shared learning curve for Smash. Fun topic though. [:

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about describing Smash levels similar the way the japanese I think do it. Actually, I don't know who exactly does it/did it first, all I know is that advance wars uses it and that is amazing.

So it would be something like
S Rank: Ken, Azen, ChuDat, PC Chris, M2K, Isai
A Rank: Forward, Chillin, Taj, Drephen, Hugs
B Rank: Your average tournament goer, a la myself
C Rank: Probabably no so good tournament goers
D Rank: shrug.
shrug.

This isn't that bad of a ranking system. Is D Rank supposed to be everyone below a not-so-good tournament goer?

MarthFanatique: Yes wavedashing is an advanced technique.

KevinM: 3000+ posts. Still couldn't convince me.

D

Deleted member

6+, not 7... mindgames is such a broad topic that I can't fit myself there... like mindgames range from tricking someone into running into a Fsmash to making them frustrated enough to SD...

So really...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Basically the above post proves mindgames is ********, the term smart play is a lot better to describe something..otherwise you get dumb questions like

WHAT MINDGAME SHOULD I USE EL OH EL

in which case mindgames are a stupid concept

Top Bottom