• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/18/2008 GIGABITS - A Fall Brawl

izzy24

Smash Ace
I got effed in the A by my counter....Game and watch :[, but yeah really good games guys, expecially our games GDX, too bad they didnt get recorded, BTW i came up with the team name lol, and Lio, Sam, and mike who i hunt out with this weekend all props for being tyte as sh**
hehe sorry galuda, gg's bro :)

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
Lio: your toon link is nasteeeeeeeee!!!!

(Just wanted to add that to my previous post :p) \

"straw hat"
lol, thx! your lucas is really crazy as well especially with all the crazy mindgames! look forward to more matches :)

Also, hope you get hold of your controller again :\

I got effed in the A by my counter....Game and watch :[, but yeah really good games guys, expecially our games GDX, too bad they didnt get recorded, BTW i came up with the team name lol, and Lio, Sam, and mike who i hunt out with this weekend all props for being tyte as sh**
Bro, there is NOTHING better than getting together to practice for brawl and end up playing 2 hours of DK dittos in SSB64! It was totally worth it!

Lio it did get recorded, it'll be on youtube
Kool, thx a lot and I definitely look forward to more friendlies next Gigs! Ill get you next time :D

the results are

hrnut: 1st
Gmoney : 2nd
Equi: 3rd
Tommy G: 4th

i'm not sure about the placements after that though
Lio: 16th!! woot! (Mad props to Santi for Toon Nasty, it helped me come up with a couple new strategies wouldnt have gotten this far without that push)

Also, Fearless, I definitely wanna play your oil (learned a lot from watching your matches)

And Loto, we finally got to do our "friendlies." I promise I wont get lazy next time ;)

manhunter098

Smash Lord
This was a productive tournament. It seems like every time I go I can notice how much better I am by the end. Managed to actually win some sets this time too, it definitely helps to have a seeding point. :laugh:

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
gg to everyone, it was a good time.

Lio: Nice TL, I really need to develop a secondary for those bad matchups. Almost got a 3-stock comeback in Luigi's Mansion though, intense **** =P
Danny: Pit vs. ROB was the funnest matchup I've ever played, too bad I missed my laser on the 2nd stock. Your MK would have had me ***** completely if I hadn't CP'd Frigate Orfn.
That guy from Tally who plays G-dubbs: GG, I was glad to see that I could finally figure out a G&W and win, that matchup used to **** me every time
Afro Thunder: I was really looking forward to going against you and Seibrik in doubles. Maybe next time
Gmoney: stop failing me, I'm tired of carrying the team. lolno, just kidding. you know you're my favourite little bum pirate
Groceries: I'm glad we finally got to play each other. gg
Drew/Esper: I totally forgot we were supposed to MM
Fearless: I knew you were gonna **** me but that was worse than I thought. Anybody who says Olimar is a good matchup for ROB can suck my ****. I really just wanted to play a good Oli though
Ben/that guy who's place we stayed at: your floor is low tier, oh my ****ing god

I call couch next time we do that ****

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Weeg - Good stuff in teams man, it was fun. We should team again sometime. Good job in singles too.

Angry Lobster - Wuffy ftw

Fenrir - Foxy ftw

xYz - G&W is awesome as ever, teams matches were fun.

Sheer - Awesome playing ya in Melee again. Teams was excellent as well, good stuff.

Vijin/Rfx - Good stuff in teams guys!

Action ******* AKA Straw hat Luffy - Your Lucas is getting better and better, keep up the good work dude.

Loto/Fearless - Cool seeing you guys again, keep being pro.

Gmoney - Good stuff reppin NFL as usual. Wario is too good.

HRnut - Good job winning the tourney man.

Equi - Wuffy ftw

Tommy G - Awesome Falco, good matches man, always a pleasure.

Danny/C Doc - Love your Pit, it's so good. Probably my favorite set of the tourney.

Bifocals - Saw ya playing Snake, good man.

Other Lucario dudes - You guys are pretty cool

I made these kind of quick so if I forgot anyone I apologize.

tl;dr: Good stuff

Equi

Smash Ace
Congratulations to hrnut. This was probably the tournament that I had the greatest chance to win, but regardless I am satisfied with my progress. Gmoney and Hrnut both beat me pretty good, I admit I underestimated both. And next time will be different and I am going to win a tournament soon. You guys are too good. A few factors need to be taken into account:

Edge camping must be banned. Or else I'm just going to pick Meta Knight and do the same thing. The game will be ruined. This is something that NEEDS to be banned now. Not an option, the diversity and the overall metagame will lose it's value, edge camping characters will dominate because characters like Wolf can do nothing to the likes of Pit and MK without the extreme likeliood of being punished, thus forcing me into using MK as well. Time option being removed. I've been discussing this with FIU, it seems like a good option. Having a judge to ensure no stalling. Camping will ensue but the motivation to run out the clock will no longer exist. The matches may still drag out, but they will eventually end. I don't know. At this point it's a debatable idea in my mind but everyone else should voice their opinions.

I'm basically shouting out to everyone. It was an awesome tournament. I enjoyed myself and I'm back in the flow of things, which is what I wanted. Again congrats to Hrnut. We all knew you'd be beast way back when. And you took it.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman

Lio: Nice TL, I really need to develop a secondary for those bad matchups. Almost got a 3-stock comeback in Luigi's Mansion though, intense **** =P
Danny: Pit vs. ROB was the funnest matchup I've ever played, too bad I missed my laser on the 2nd stock. Your MK would have had me ***** completely if I hadn't CP'd Frigate Orfn.
That guy from Tally who plays G-dubbs: GG, I was glad to see that I could finally figure out a G&W and win, that matchup used to **** me every time
Afro Thunder: I was really looking forward to going against you and Seibrik in doubles. Maybe next time
Gmoney: stop failing me, I'm tired of carrying the team. lolno, just kidding. you know you're my favourite little bum pirate
Groceries: I'm glad we finally got to play each other. gg
Drew/Esper: I totally forgot we were supposed to MM
Fearless: I knew you were gonna **** me but that was worse than I thought. Anybody who says Olimar is a good matchup for ROB can suck my ****. I really just wanted to play a good Oli though
Ben/that guy who's place we stayed at: your floor is low tier, oh my ****ing god

I call couch next time we do that ****
Hey, you could of stayed on the three chairs, but no. You had go off and lay on the floor.

Besides, Gmoney needed his beauty sleep in order to place in singles.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I think matches without a timer should be considered. It would definitely reduce the amount of stalling that goes on. I am not ready to consider banning ledge stalling just yet.

Leh

Smash Ace
gooooood tourney
Good **** HRNUT

Yay for lowest placing ever :(

W/e i'll bounce back like i do.

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.

yea dude, that second match was really well played by your part. I was actually surprised that I won that one. Ill be sure to not go toon link in Luigis Mansion ever again. lol, I felt so useless running in there and not being able to hit with projectiles. and you have a pretty sick ROB btw, definitely get a counter for Tlink so that you dont have to go through that unfair disadvantage vs Tlink again :\

Equi

Smash Ace
Without going out of my door
I can know all things on earth.
Without looking out of my window
I could know the ways of heaven.
The farther one travels,
The less one knows,
The less one knows.
The farther one travels,
The less one knows,
The less one knows.
Arrive without travelling.
See all without looking.
(See all without looking)

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
Hey, you could of stayed on the three chairs, but no. You had go off and lay on the floor.

Besides, Gmoney needed his beauty sleep in order to place in singles.
But after about an hour with my legs hanging off in space I realized that the floor was both softer and bigger than the chairs =( Also, Groceries and I almost froze to death in that icebox you call a dorm.

Thanks for housing us, but next time I want some hot chocolate, a big warm bed, and no less than 3 wild women keeping it warm. :mad:

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
yea dude, that second match was really well played by your part. I was actually surprised that I won that one. Ill be sure to not go toon link in Luigis Mansion ever again. lol, I felt so useless running in there and not being able to hit with projectiles. and you have a pretty sick ROB btw, definitely get a counter for Tlink so that you dont have to go through that unfair disadvantage vs Tlink again :\
yeah, pillar camping with ROB helps a lot in that stage. I can't believe I missed so many techs though, that was bad on my part. I also never utilt'd you when you teched. Oh well, either I'll learn a new character to use for the matchup or I'll just mess up less.

Vijin

Smash Ace
Vijin/Rfx - Good stuff in teams guys!
Hah, thanks for the shoutout, but man we were terrible in brawl.
You missed the conversation on the way home though, Razrx is going to experiment with some characters and so am I, so maybe we'll be playing a little bit more brawl soon enough.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
This tourny was awesome. I'm really bad at remembering tags...and other stuff...so if I forget you, TOO BAD. :p

Eight52: Great teaming with you, let's do it better and more often. Also, sleeping coverless on a chair in 70 degrees is something I won't soon forget, haha.
Orfn: It was great having you for the trip. Let's play more next time we meet.
Gmoney: Dude, awesome finals and losers finals. Grill or no grill, you kicked some a$$. Also, good playin some melee at your place before my drive back. As you can tell, I didn't die.
Hrnut: Congrats on your victory! Your marth went crazy last round.
Seibrik: Thanks for some of the mk advice.
Fearless: Your oli is crazy! I want to play you more next time.
XYZ: We never had our Ike dittos. :(
Other Eight: Whatever that fruit was, I think I ate it wrong cuz aparently the skin is what tasted bad. I thought that crap was a strawberry variant! I'll eat it right next time.
Rest of Tally crew: great seeing you guys here, see you all in 2 weeks.
Loud funny black smasher: You're hilarious!
Random old dude in parking lot: wtf lol

peace

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Hah, thanks for the shoutout, but man we were terrible in brawl.
You missed the conversation on the way home though, Razrx is going to experiment with some characters and so am I, so maybe we'll be playing a little bit more brawl soon enough.
You guys should play Lucario.

Equi

Smash Ace
Brawl is nothing more than an enhanced Rock Paper Scissors in aesthetic format with some extra variables thrown in. There is still prediction and skill involved with it, and some of it's limitations add certain amount of depth to it just as recognizing your opponent's skill levels and patterns in a normal Rock Paper Scissors match. The depth is there, it's just different.

And Melee is just better.

But then again, I'm only speaking a notion that is NEW AND EXCITING. In general we're all getting better at reading the characters in Brawl, but man, if there is on random character I cannot read that reminds me of a spontaneous pop-up book, it would have to be Wario. Confuses the **** out of me.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Alot of people said max payne was wack.
I thought it was alright

it didnt make any sense

but it was alright

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
once again, I hate snake.

Sheer and I displayed mad manliness, we don't even play brawl and still manage to place 4th in teams.

congrats to DeezNutz havng the most success tourney run ever. From the dominate win in crew battles, to GDX/Hrnut placing 2nd in teams, and Hrnut taking Gigs. GJ

Gmoney Repped it.

Snakes are still gay as ****, I need a snake teamate, I would win against anyone, forever. Forever...

Melee friendlies were the ****.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Good to see the singles results getting crazy. Good job HRNut.

Fearless you're really good now. I remember owning you last time we played because you were just spamming shield grab. You're definitely too good now though, I didn't know how to approach you.

I also have to figure out to approach a campy wolf properly.

And yes Snake is ******** in teams. We lost 2 teams matches cause Snake never ****ing dies.

Equi

Smash Ace
Good to see the singles results getting crazy. Good job HRNut.

Fearless you're really good now. I remember owning you last time we played because you were just spamming shield grab. You're definitely too good now though, I didn't know how to approach you.

I also have to figure out to approach a campy wolf properly.

And yes Snake is ******** in teams. We lost 2 teams matches cause Snake never ****ing dies.
MM without lasers?

^_^

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
The farther one travels,
The less one knows,
The less one knows.
The farther one travels,
The less one knows,
The less one knows.
Arrive without travelling.
See all without looking.
(See all without looking)

Clearly there are NO Beatles fans up in this. Props for the Harrison song too! Good stuff. I'm kind of shocked someone listens to the Beatles and not only the Beatles, but a B-side!

Equi

Smash Ace
Clearly there are NO Beatles fans up in this. Props for the Harrison song too! Good stuff. I'm kind of shocked someone listens to the Beatles and not only the Beatles, but a B-side!
Yes =)

The Beatles/Modest Mouse for life

Harrison was the man. The silent contemplative eastern philosophy influenced musical creator.

chckn

Smash Ace
can someone post full results/double results?
if not where did danny/seibrik/chaz/afro/izzy place?

Leh

Smash Ace
SEibrik got 7th, i got 9th, Danny got 5th, dont know where chaz and izzy placed.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
This was a great tournament, i really enoyed coming to this one, and ill defenitly be there for the next one. Tallahassee needs more rep down here, and my crew is gonna bring it.

Shoutouts
HRNUT- you wrecked me at first, but ill come back we'll have to play again
Gmoney- Great to see you there, hope to see you on the first
Orfn- i was broke anyway, we'll do it on the first
SheerMadness- Good matches man, i had you and then blew it though, still it was alot of fun
GDX- Hope to see you on the first of NOV, great Crew battle!
Everyone else i played- i can't remember you all, but we had great matches!

All and all it was an AWESOME tournament, and alot of you guys should come up to Tallahassee on the first! I want to play alot of you again

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Gigs was so good, i enjoyed the Falcon 4-way as well as all my matches, thanks for teaching me stuff chaz you're awesome, and i bet your glad that i thought u what i did about the wolf match, Gmoney is insane, Afro is too funny (Denny's was great) afro does the lambchops look which is freaking hilarious lol, Thanks Seibrik for the D3 advice u gave me and like i had said in the post the instant u lost to someone you were gonna switch and you did but i can't blame you GG, xYz was awesome for helping in crew battles, FIU is too good, we still gotta have our crew battle though, I enjoyed doing two crew battles with FSU, sorry but we don't make it easy GGs, tommy G we'll fight next time, Great Job on making such a great tourney run Equi, i enjoyed every match of the winners finals even when you chose to go Mk vs Marth GGs, I was so glad that in the finals i could actually go marth and not worry too much about the fight being uneven, i was also really happy that i didn't have to use metaknight at all during singles, it was all Marth, Snake, and Olimar (thanks Fearless) if i missed anyone i'm sorry i know that i wrote a block of text but i didn't feel like organizing it lol

Leh

Smash Ace
Snake main FO LYFE SON!
EDIT: And i mean you Hrnut

Im goin wario.

Top Bottom