• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.0.4 - Robins Triple jump has been removed! :(

Nectarine

Smash Rookie
When you fully charge your neutral special in air and have Thoron, Robin will gain a jump. Tested and works 100% of the time. This makes Robin have a triple jump essentially.

(Charge to Arc Thunder)
Jump > Air Jump > Charge FULLY > Triple Jump

EDIT: after the 1.04 update, this no longer exists :(

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
...he's right.

Although I doubt it'll change very much, it's still very interesting.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Interesting find.

Though I don't think it will change much for Robin's recovery, as it still leaves him/her vulnerable to an attack.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
Pretty situational but anything to help differentiate our favorite tactician.

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
I posted that in the repository, but Raziek never added it to the move descriptions. And I now have a secret, pretty huge boost to Robins meta to myself; let's just say, come Wii U, Robin will be godlike if someone else figures this out and spreads it. Along with a few other characters I noticed this -secret- on.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I posted that in the repository, but Raziek never added it to the move descriptions. And I now have a secret, pretty huge boost to Robins meta to myself; let's just say, come Wii U, Robin will be godlike if someone else figures this out and spreads it. Along with a few other characters I noticed this -secret- on.
Isn't this considered trolling

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
We'll see more use of Arcthunder, at least.

Now, someone should go into Smash Run and check if charging up to Thoron AGAIN in mid-air gives you a 4th jump. (Because that means useless confirmation of infinite jumps)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Seems nice but I find Robin really floaty already so recovering isn't much of a problem. Perhaps a combo extender?

EDIT: Seems to give extra air-time at least, but dunno if it's really a "jump" to me. Unless I'm not doing it right.

Last edited:

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
If you actually care about the game and it's community you should tell people. Helping a character's metagame progress is a beautiful thing.

On topic: I wonder, hypothetically, if you had all the vertical space in the world, you could repeatedly charge (then fire) your Neutral B, each time gaining another jump. Or does it only work once per air time? Theoretically, if someone were to juggle you repeatedly, keeping you airborne (Mr. G&W?), in the time falling you could slowly charge up your Neatral B over and over, thus gaining another jump. Has absolute zero practical in game use. But it would be interesting to know, and maybe telling of how some details of this game's mechanics work.

Last edited:

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
You guys are downplaying this like crazy, this is pretty huge.

That means upon getting hit far off stage, you essentially get a free full thoron charge by jumping immediately upon exiting hitstun. Great, great find and helluva first post sir.

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
The Thoron jump can somtimes bump you the opposite way, and you can momentum shift with an arcthuder charge into a Thoron jump making your aerial movement really wonky. And that's not my secret thingy; when it's finally explored by other players, I'll get into detail on how cool it is. Until then, I'm exploring what it can do until my darn Circle Pad breaks.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Went and tested to see if this works at any charge, and it does. As long as Thoron is charged all the way up, you can start at any point.

This could be useful against a landsharking opponent. Use a Double Jump, immediately go from Arcthunder to Thoron, then jump away from the point where the opponent thinks you're going to land, and get back down safely as they finish their endlag from the move they just used to try and hit you. Very neat.

Getting a free Thoron for getting hit offstage is great, too.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
The Thoron jump can somtimes bump you the opposite way, and you can momentum shift with an arcthuder charge into a Thoron jump making your aerial movement really wonky. And that's not my secret thingy; when it's finally explored by other players, I'll get into detail on how cool it is. Until then, I'm exploring what it can do until my darn Circle Pad breaks.
Are you positive it hasn't been discovered yet :facepalm:...

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
This could be pretty crazy if combined with the custom move that makes thunder charge faster

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Whoa... That...is so... Cool! I tried it and it works! Though, like an above poster said, it does push you back a little upon fully charging.

This is great to know. I could definitely see this saving mine hide if mine Elwind tome is broken.

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
I think there should be a term to describe this at the very least. How does Jolt Jumping sound? He does have a jolt of lightning charging in his book, after all...

Hong

The Strongest
I think there should be a term to describe this at the very least. How does Jolt Jumping sound? He does have a jolt of lightning charging in his book, after all...
Not sure if we had a widely-accepted term for when Falcon and Ganondorf did it in Melee. We just refer to it as refreshing your double jump.

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
Not sure if we had a widely-accepted term for when Falcon and Ganondorf did it in Melee. We just refer to it as refreshing your double jump.
Yeah, it's always been considered just "You get an extra jump after x" with C.Falcon and Ganondorf. I'm pretty certain we never made a special term for it.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Was browsing the character boards and decided to mess around with this. Wanted to see if you could potentially get an extra double jump by doing it twice. I went to Gaur Plains, foostooled, double jumped past the blast zone and completed the charge which... resulted in me dying off the top. This probably won't even be relevant competitively, but just a silly thing I wanted to point out.

Also, for those curious, you do get an extra double jump every time you fully charge Thoron (thank you Bullet Bill).

Last edited:

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
Was browsing the character boards and decided to mess around with this. Wanted to see if you could potentially get an extra double jump by doing it twice. I went to Gaur Plains, foostooled, double jumped past the blast zone and completed the charge which... resulted in me dying off the top. This probably won't even be relevant competitively, but just a silly thing I wanted to point out.

Also, for those curious, you do get an extra double jump every time you fully charge Thoron (thank you Bullet Bill).
Charging Thoron works like Wario's fart?
Yeah, that is really quite silly. But, with that caution in mind, a good tactic for those who already have Arcthunder stocked.

Hong

The Strongest
Also when does new patch come out?
3DS patch is listed as coming out this month, with no further information. Going by Nintendo's usual update schedules, wouldn't surprise me if it ships Tuesday or Thursday so that it's consistent with the Wii U version.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I'm not sure if this has already been brought up but the Robin Triple Jump tech has been removed in this recent patch.
If you're unsure of what the tech is, When robin charged his Thunder Tome to Thoron if refreshed his jump so you were able to get an additional jump in the air.
I actually liked this tech but I understand why they removed it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Not a terrible loss. It was kinda gimmicky.

Things that I think should be checked are Robin's Nosferatu range, book damage, Elwind's meteor, and if Wind Jab's hits connect properly, or at least chain better. I'd think those would be things that one wouldn't check at first glance.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin

Things that I think should be checked are Robin's Nosferatu range, book damage, Elwind's meteor, and if Wind Jab's hits connect properly, or at least chain better. I'd think those would be things that one wouldn't check at first glance.
Everything else seems the same from what I've tested.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I came here to report this same thing. It's a shame, but it's clear that it was a bug. I did seem to notice that Robin can jump a tiny bit higher in general. I wonder if this is true of if I'm just imagining it.

Moonlighter

Smash Cadet
It's a bit of a shame, but given how irrelevant it was to the overall game-plan and how situational it was, I think we'll all live. If this is what we needed to sacrifice to the altar to get Robin out of this patch unscathed, I'm satisfied.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Held Thoron+ does only 28% raw, down from 31%.

Held Thoron does 15%, down from 17%.

Oops I tested on Kirby like an idiot. It's unchanged.

Last edited:

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967

Don't forget about thrown Levins!

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Guys I was testing the Levin smash's ending and maybe it's me or I think that Fsmash has more ending lag?

I think that Dsmash and Upsmash are the same and the Ftilt is the same as always.

Mac2492

Smash Apprentice
The triple jump was actually quite useful with Speed Thunder. Just putting that out there. =P

Hong

The Strongest
@ G Gabukin
Merged this into the thread on Robin's triple jump, but used the new thread title.

In any event, we got what we expected I suppose. Buff or nerf, I rather them squash bugs where they see them.

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
@ G Gabukin
Merged this into the thread on Robin's triple jump, but used the new thread title.

In any event, we got what we expected I suppose. Buff or nerf, I rather them squash bugs where they see them.
The argument that works for previous Smash titles fails in this one, because bugs won't be the same in two different versions of the game on different systems. Advanced techs are all well and good, but we're playing Sm4sh 3DS and Sm4sh Wii U, not Sm4sh and Sm5sh.

Top Bottom